Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ultimate Fighter (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   TUF 18.1 ***SPOILERS*** (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10494)

VCURamFan 09-05-2013 02:48 AM

TUF 18.1 ***SPOILERS***

What do y'all think so far?

wavetar 09-10-2013 04:00 PM

I know it's because it was the first episode, but way too much time was spent on fighter's families & back stories...yeah we get it, seems half of you are here because you have families to feed, the other half fight because of various issues stemming from childhood, etc.

It might be do to with editing, but Rhonda's coming off as a bit of a self centered *itch.

County Mike 09-10-2013 04:07 PM

Yeah, I was fast-forwarding the family crap. I don't know them and don't care at all about their family situation. I just want to see the fights. Spend less time on family crap and more time on fights.

VCURamFan 09-10-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavetar (Post 201734)
I know it's because it was the first episode, but way too much time was spent on fighter's families & back stories...yeah we get it, seems half of you are here because you have families to feed, the other half fight because of various issues stemming from childhood, etc.

It might be do to with editing, but Rhonda's coming off as a bit of a self centered *itch.

Yeah, there's a lot of rumors going around that this season is going to cause a double-turn (ie. Ronda becomes the bad guy & Miesha becomes the good guy).

As for Ronda's reaction when Meisha shows up, Ronda thought Dana was using Meisha to replaced her (not Cat) & that's why she got pissed. Apparently Ronda now has a "Hollywood lawyer" (Dana's words), who called making some "bull$h!t" demands & Dana got rather heated about it. Guess Ronda felt like Dana might get a little vindictive about it.
Anyone notice how I spelled Tate's name both ways 'cause I couldn't remember how to spell it?
Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike (Post 201737)
Yeah, I was fast-forwarding the family crap. I don't know them and don't care at all about their family situation. I just want to see the fights. Spend less time on family crap and more time on fights.

Unless we're talking about the family of Cody Bollinger, right?

County Mike 09-10-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 201740)
Unless we're talking about the family of Cody Bollinger, right?

Who?

rearnakedchoke 09-10-2013 06:09 PM

i have always thought that ronda was a bitch .. but it is sure coming out nicely on screen .... LOL .. i think she beats tate .. but man, i'd be happy to see her lose ...

rearnakedchoke 09-12-2013 01:15 PM

great fight last nite! glad to see shayna got her cocky ass handed to her .. LOL .. i mean, you're in the house for a reason, so saying someone doesn't belong in the same cage as you, or as ronda put it, breathe the same air is kinda cocky ... ronda still coming off as a whiny cry baby ...

County Mike 09-13-2013 01:17 PM

Yeah, definitely liked the upset. That Pena chick hits hard (for a girl). ;)

wavetar 09-13-2013 01:40 PM

Very glad Shayna got her ass beat down. She needs to learn some humility. After the loss, Rhonda should have straight up told her 'no, you're not three times the fighter she is, you've simply been doing it three times longer'. But no, instead she agrees and tries to massage her bruised ego.

And yeah Mike, that chick does hit hard! I'd like to see her throw some kicks...she has legs like tree trunks.

I knew it wasn't going to be an easy fight for Shayna. Rhonda should have used logic instead of petty vindictiveness and went for a much better match up. Waste of a winning coin toss IMO.

County Mike 09-13-2013 02:03 PM

The pre-fight talk about "You're the best, you got this easy, etc. etc." was a big coaching mistake. They coached her to underestimate her opponent.