||08-09-2013 02:46 PM
Bellator reveals more details for Rampage Jackson-Tito Ortiz pay-per-view event
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Heading into Monday's press conference with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Tito Ortiz at Bellator MMA headquarters, few details were available about the company's first pay-per-view venture, beyond the fact the fight would headline a card on Nov. 2 at the Long Beach Arena.
Over the course of an hour-long presser, though, Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney leaked several details. Among them:
- Jackson-Ortiz will be a light heavyweight bout and will be set for three rounds.
- Although no specific matchups were mentioned, Rebney opened the door for several five-round championship bouts, and said lightweight champion Michael Chandler would appear against an opponent to be determined. Rebney would not commit when asked if Dave Jansen, the winner of the most recent Bellator lightweight tournament, would get the shot.
- He also said the card could feature another "special fight."
- Rebney indicated that PPV price point would likely vary between $35-45, with the price at the discretion of the individual distributors.
- Fans should expect live prelims on Spike TV before the main card, as well as documentary-type preview content leading up to the event.
- Rebney also indicated that Bellator will do more pay-per-views in the future, but it won't become a monthly staple. "You can't force pay-per-views down people's throats once a month," he said. "We are a free TV based company. PPV will happen when it makes sense."
||08-10-2013 09:51 PM
I'm waiting for one of them to get hurt and pull out of the fight....I may watch the card, but not for $35-45.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 12:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.