Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Post Fight Conference question (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10199)

Irish Pride 02-06-2013 01:05 AM

Post Fight Conference question

Does anyone know why sometimes they have the losers of fights at the post fight press conference and sometimes they do not? Injuries aside, I wonder who makes this decision. Do the losing fighters get to decide if they want to come on?

Neezar 02-06-2013 03:17 AM

I decide. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

adamt 02-06-2013 10:18 AM

from what i have percieved, it is all up to dana and his discretion. He relays to the guys that he wants to be there and he has ways of letting them know how badly he wants them there, some guys are all but forced to be there

when you got guys getting stitched up or uncontrollably sobbing in the locker rooms I imagine he understands when they can't/don't make it to the presser, so he just moves on to the next most interesting guy on the list and invites him to be there, sometimes the losers are the ones that the press would want to talk to the most and those are the times he has losers at the press conference---in the end it is all about publicity, this last go round there were alot of big names getting beat, but when you put two big names in the cage together you are obviously going to have some big name losers

Irish Pride 02-07-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamt (Post 198229)
from what i have percieved, it is all up to dana and his discretion. He relays to the guys that he wants to be there and he has ways of letting them know how badly he wants them there, some guys are all but forced to be there

when you got guys getting stitched up or uncontrollably sobbing in the locker rooms I imagine he understands when they can't/don't make it to the presser, so he just moves on to the next most interesting guy on the list and invites him to be there, sometimes the losers are the ones that the press would want to talk to the most and those are the times he has losers at the press conference---in the end it is all about publicity, this last go round there were alot of big names getting beat, but when you put two big names in the cage together you are obviously going to have some big name losers

Thanks for the reply.

The reason that prompted the question was Alistair. I was curious if he would be at the conference. I think the press would have liked that. He came in preaching big things about this being a warm up fight, not caring about Silva's skills, etc. and he got totally knocked out.

County Mike 02-07-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neezar (Post 198228)
I decide. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

You rule!

Neezar 02-07-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike (Post 198240)
You rule!

Yes. Yes, I do.

:laugh:

rearnakedchoke 02-07-2013 02:41 PM

depends on the number of seats they have available .. some forums for the conference have only a certain number of seats ... i guess it also depends on the expected number of questions and who they are going to be aimed toward ..