Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Night Eating Syndrome... are you kidding me? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10189)

NateR 02-01-2013 02:12 AM

Night Eating Syndrome... are you kidding me?

I heard about this on the radio and couldn't believe it was actually a real thing:
NES: Night Eating Syndrome

And I thought RLS: Restless Leg Syndrome was ridiculous.

So, is every undesirable human behavior going to be tied to a syndrome from this point on? Maybe we should start making up our own syndromes.

I think I might be suffering from MOPSS, or Mocks Other People's Syndromes Syndrome.

Neezar 02-01-2013 02:36 AM

I thought only people who take Ambien got up and ate during the night. :unsure-1:

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks 02-01-2013 02:59 AM

I'm way too lazy for this to ever happen to me :laugh:

I have heard of it. Just recently on TV. The guy suspected himself of it ( woke up to cooked food and a mess in the kitchen) so he set up a video camera and there he was :laugh:

Wait....this isn't in the link is it? :unsure-1:

flo 02-01-2013 04:24 AM

I thought it was just an excuse for people who like to eat to raid the 'fridge in the middle of the night. Then I heard about some woman whose son woke her up while she was eating a brillo pad. :scared0011:

Besides MOPSS, I also have STLOTIS.

Stays Too Long On The Internet Syndrome

MattHughesRocks 02-01-2013 04:54 AM

A brillo pad :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NateR 02-01-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 198089)
Besides MOPSS, I also have STLOTIS.

Stays Too Long On The Internet Syndrome

Those are serious medical conditions and you need medical care... or drugs. :laugh:

I recently read about another syndrome called EVBS, or Endless Video Blogging Syndrome. I think I know someone who might have that. :Whistle:

flo 02-01-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 198091)
Those are serious medical conditions and you need medical care... or drugs. :laugh:

I recently read about another syndrome called EVBS, or Endless Video Blogging Syndrome. I think I know someone who might have that. :Whistle:

Yeah, sounds familiar... :scratchchin:

tee hee

TexasRN 02-01-2013 09:29 AM

I've got restless leg syndrome. It's a pain in the butt. I don't need meds for it but it does keep me from falling asleep. Quit laughing at my medical issues, Nate!! :angry:

:laugh: Really, I do have it. My dad does as well. I just stretch my legs over and over at night when it acts up and that usually works for me. It started when I was pregnant with my son and flares up occasionally.

~Amy

County Mike 02-01-2013 01:25 PM

My wife claims to have this condition.

I call it low will power but whatever.

rearnakedchoke 02-01-2013 03:20 PM

seems legit to me .... i don't know if its a syndrome more than its just that people have different rhythms in their body .. some people are morning people, others need a few hours before they do anything meaningful .... just like i don't think everyone can adopt a 3 square meals aday routine ... some like to have smaller, more frequent meals ... wait, what the hell am i talking about now ... i feel like dave .. i almost started talking about that time i got into a row with some bloke from leeds whilst taking a walk near the river thames ........