Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   UFC on FOX 6 *Spoilers* (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10181)

flo 01-26-2013 10:06 PM

UFC on FOX 6 *Spoilers*
 
Here we go!

Simeon Thoresen vs. David Mitchell

Round 1:
Herb Dean is the referee for this welterweight fight. Mitchell closes the distance early and pops a few jabs. Mitchell continues to stay active with the jab. Thoresen seems content to counter in the early going. Same story midway through the round. Thoresen finally throws a combo and tags Mitchell. Thoresen connects on an inside leg kick. Thoresen landing on counter combos. Both guys start to let their hands go with about a minute left. They clinch along the fence briefly and break. Mitchell tags Thoresen with an uppercut.

Round 2:
Mitchell comes out swinging, Thoresen clinches, but Mitchell rains uppercuts in close. Mitchell drops Thoresen, gets his back and goes for a choke, but doesn't have his hooks in. Thoresen's nose is busted open. Thoresen rolls out of immediate trouble, but Mitchell ends up in his guard. Mitchell stands and throws punches to the downed Thoresen. Two minutes into the round. Mitchell goes for a leg lock. Mitchell lets go and tries to get to his feet, but Thoresen catches him and end up in top position. Mitchell works for a gogoplata. Thoresen escapes. He can't do much with his top position. One minute left. Mitchell ends up in top position. He stands up and stomps Thoresen's body. Time runs out.

Round 3:
The fight nearly gets called in between rounds due to an eyelid cut for Thoresen. He's cleared to continue. The two engage in a standing position battle along the fence, but Thoresen pops free and heads back to center Octagon. Time-out called as Thoresen has loose tape on his glove. Back to action. Thoresen connects on a big right, but Mitchell shakes it off. Thoresen whiffs on a high kick. Another clinch battle along the fence. they hit the ground as Thoresen tries to work a Kimura from the bottom. Mitchell escapes and stands. Thoresen dares him to take it back to the ground, then returns to his feet. Midway through the round. Thoresen connects with an inside leg kick. Thoresen sprawls a takedown attempt. They hit the ground anyway and Mitchell works for a triangle and an armbar. Mitchell lands hammerfists from the position. Thoresen rolls out.

David Simeon def. Simeon Thoresen via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).


Sheesh, UFC cuts off the FB feed right before the end of the third round, once it was 2:00. They need to ditch the whole FB thing, IMO.

*fight commentary courtesy of mmafighting.com*

flo 01-26-2013 10:48 PM

Rafael Natal vs. Sean Spencer

Round 1:
Robert Madrigal is the referee for this middleweight fight. Early action leads to an eye poke by Natal. Time-out is called and Spencer gets checked by the doctor. We're back to action. Spencer's more active, with a busy stance, as he looks to set up the right hand. Two minutes in. Natal throws a spinning back fist which misses, then follows with a low kick. Spencer drops Natal with a left hook, but Natal's right back to his feet. Two minutes left. Natal throws a nice three-punch combo. The two grapple along the fence, then break. One minute left. Natal with another backlist, Spencer hits the deck, and Natal rains down punches. That sealed the round for Natal.

Round 2:
Natal throws a couple low kicks. Spencer lands a right and throws an axe kick which misses. Natal with a takedown. Spencer's got his back against the fence. A scramble ends with both standing. Natal lands a knee and bodylocks Spencer against the fence. Midway through the round. Natal gets underhooks and connects with a trip. Spencer's guard is tight and Natal isn't able to do much with the position. One minute left. Spencer tries to get back to his feet, but Natal gets his back. Thirty seconds left. Natal landing punches and hammerfists. Spencer survives a last-second choke.

Round 3:
Spencer was a late substitute and he's starting to tire. Natal with a takedown, then transitions into side control. Natal crucifixes Spencer and starts landing elbows. Spencer trying to wriggle free, but can't do it. Natal works a deep Americana, but give up on it. He transitions to an arm triangle and Spencer taps.

Rafael Natal def. Sean Spencer via submission (arm triangle) at 2:13 of round three.

Bonnie 01-26-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 197904)
Here we go!

Simeon Thoresen vs. David Mitchell

Round 1:
Herb Dean is the referee for this welterweight fight. Mitchell closes the distance early and pops a few jabs. Mitchell continues to stay active with the jab. Thoresen seems content to counter in the early going. Same story midway through the round. Thoresen finally throws a combo and tags Mitchell. Thoresen connects on an inside leg kick. Thoresen landing on counter combos. Both guys start to let their hands go with about a minute left. They clinch along the fence briefly and break. Mitchell tags Thoresen with an uppercut.

Round 2:
Mitchell comes out swinging, Thoresen clinches, but Mitchell rains uppercuts in close. Mitchell drops Thoresen, gets his back and goes for a choke, but doesn't have his hooks in. Thoresen's nose is busted open. Thoresen rolls out of immediate trouble, but Mitchell ends up in his guard. Mitchell stands and throws punches to the downed Thoresen. Two minutes into the round. Mitchell goes for a leg lock. Mitchell lets go and tries to get to his feet, but Thoresen catches him and end up in top position. Mitchell works for a gogoplata. Thoresen escapes. He can't do much with his top position. One minute left. Mitchell ends up in top position. He stands up and stomps Thoresen's body. Time runs out.

Round 3:
The fight nearly gets called in between rounds due to an eyelid cut for Thoresen. He's cleared to continue. The two engage in a standing position battle along the fence, but Thoresen pops free and heads back to center Octagon. Time-out called as Thoresen has loose tape on his glove. Back to action. Thoresen connects on a big right, but Mitchell shakes it off. Thoresen whiffs on a high kick. Another clinch battle along the fence. they hit the ground as Thoresen tries to work a Kimura from the bottom. Mitchell escapes and stands. Thoresen dares him to take it back to the ground, then returns to his feet. Midway through the round. Thoresen connects with an inside leg kick. Thoresen sprawls a takedown attempt. They hit the ground anyway and Mitchell works for a triangle and an armbar. Mitchell lands hammerfists from the position. Thoresen rolls out.

David Simeon def. Simeon Thoresen via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).


Sheesh, UFC cuts off the FB feed right before the end of the third round, once it was 2:00. They need to ditch the whole FB thing, IMO.

*fight commentary courtesy of mmafighting.com*

Flo, looks like they accidentally put Simeon's first name for David's last name! :laugh: And I agree, ditch FB!...Make it simpler...put it all on TV!

I just got done doing my predictions, not only was I late, I'm already 0-2! <double sigh!> :laugh:

flo 01-26-2013 11:15 PM

Ryan Bader vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

Round 1:
John McCarthy is the referee for this light heavyweight fight. Bader lands a big left hook which drops "The Janitor" Bader works an arm choke from the bottom, moves to half-guard, and that's it, as Matyushenko taps to a guillotine.

Ryan Bader def. Vladimir Matyushenko via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:50 of round one.

Wow, that was impressive!

Bonnie 01-26-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 197910)
Ryan Bader vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

Round 1:
John McCarthy is the referee for this light heavyweight fight. Bader lands a big left hook which drops "The Janitor" Bader works an arm choke from the bottom, moves to half-guard, and that's it, as Matyushenko taps to a guillotine.

Ryan Bader def. Vladimir Matyushenko via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:50 of round one.

Wow, that was impressive!

It was! They said it was the fastest submission win in UFC light heavyweight history! :w00t: It's my first prediction pick win too! Things are looking up! :laugh:

flo 01-26-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 197911)
It was! They said it was the fastest submission win in UFC light heavyweight history! :w00t: It's my first prediction pick win too! Things are looking up! :laugh:

Bon, I'm 0 for 4. :laugh: I wanted Bader to win but just didn't think he would.

Bonnie 01-26-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 197913)
Bon, I'm 0 for 4. :laugh: I wanted Bader to win but just didn't think he would.

I know what you mean; I almost went with Vladimir but decided to go with Ryan thinking he might be faster.

Okay, with the last (4th) fight over, I'm 2-2!

flo 01-26-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 197915)
I know what you mean; I almost went with Vladimir but decided to go with Ryan thinking he might come out faster.

Good choice! Well, as long as Clay wins, I'll be happy!

Mike Stumpf vs. Pascal Krauss

Round 1:
Herb Dean is the referee for this welterweight matchup. Both guys standing in the pocket and throwing single jabs and kicks early, neither guy backing down. Stumpf scores a takedown. Krauss back to his feet and landing with jabs. Krauss clinches Stumpf and lands a knee, but Stumpf lands a standing elbow, and they break. Krauss is turning it on, lands with a front kick. Krauss drops him with a short right, Stumpf is back to his feet. They clinch. Stumpf goes for the takedown and doesn't get it. Krauss with a standing guillotine, lets go as the round ends.

Round 2:
Krauss, with his reach advantage, is slowly starting to pick Stumpf apart in the standup. Krauss scores a takedown. Stumpf reverses position, but can't do a ton with it. Back to their feet. Stumpf has a bloody nose. Stumpf connects with an uppercut, but Krauss shuts him down with a front headlock and lands a couple knees. Krauss transitions to a bodylock and lands several more knees.

Round 3:
Krauss continues to mix up his strikes and land cleaner shorts. Quick timeout so Stumpf can grab his mouthpiece, which was dislodged. Strauss pretty much teeing off, but Stumpf takes them all and comes back for more. No matter where the fight goes, whether it's center octagon or a clinch along the fence, Krauss is dominant, but Stumpf clearly has a solid chin. Midway through the round. Stumpf shoots for a takedown with under two minutes left, but only succeeds in pushing Krauss against the fence. Krauss trips Stumpf and gets into mount. One minute left. Stumpf seems to be just trying to ride out until the end of the round, and he succeeds.

Pascal Krauss def. Mike Stumpf via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

TexasRN 01-27-2013 12:02 AM

Clay's mustache is really creepy.:unsure:


~Amy

Bonnie 01-27-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasRN (Post 197917)
Clay's mustache is really creepy.:unsure:


~Amy

I know! I told David, "Like he doesn't have enough hair going on!" :laugh:

No offense meant but Clay always reminds me of those cavemen in those Geico commercials! :laugh:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.