Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ultimate Fighter (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   the start of the first Episode (English Trials) (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1014)

Tyburn 03-26-2009 09:09 PM

the start of the first Episode (English Trials)
 
http://www.spike.com/video/leak/3137823 :laugh: not suprisingly...I got this from Gary Kelly :rolleyes:

Tyburn 03-26-2009 09:20 PM

LMAO...you only get subtitles for the Scouser :laugh: :laugh: mindue, Kelly has an extremely strong liverpudlian accent, I'm used to it now that I'm visiting Liverpool so often, they all speak like that there

its half way to a welsh accent...but dont tell them that :unsure:

Bonnie 03-27-2009 01:33 AM

Is welsh like Scottish? I noticed he didn't pronounce his "h" in "hungrier".

I'm looking forward to this TUF since it's pitting the Brits against the Americans. I guess they are all British. :unsure-1:

Tyburn 03-27-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie
Is welsh like Scottish? I noticed he didn't pronounce his "h" in "hungrier".

I'm looking forward to this TUF since it's pitting the Brits against the Americans. I guess they are all British. :unsure-1:

Well, Welsh is quite tonal, and Scottish is more abrupt, more like a brogue, more like Irish. Welsh accents tend to RISE in pitch on the last sylable of words and phrases...

Liverpool isnt too far from Wales, its the bit of coast just north of where the top of wales joins England...and yes, they could potentially have fighters from Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, and still count them as "British" :ninja:

warriorlion 03-27-2009 05:53 PM

there is at least one guy on the UK team fighting to get in the house thats from Wales, hes from Swansea

TheConcretekid 03-27-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn
Liverpool isnt too far from Wales, its the bit of coast just north of where the top of wales joins England...and yes, they could potentially have fighters from Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, and still count them as "British" :ninja:

I have visited each country in the UK as well as Ireland and I recall the Welsh in particular being pretty adamant about expressing their discontent with being called British, even more so than when the Republic of Ireland is referred to as part of Britain.

Tyburn 03-27-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
I have visited each country in the UK as well as Ireland and I recall the Welsh in particular being pretty adamant about expressing their discontent with being called British, even more so than when the Republic of Ireland is referred to as part of Britain.

The Republic of Eire ISNT British.

Wales is..."adament about expressing their discontent" with about everything...that'll be the Welsh :laugh:

We used to have a Welsh Tutor who liked to say "dont smile at me, I'm not in the mood" :unsure:

Great Britian = England, Wales, Scotland
United Kingom = Britian Plus Ulster

The Welsh is rulled by Westminster in conjunction with something called "The Welsh Assembly" They do have their own National Anthem, not that they ever use it, and their Branch of Anglicanism, is "The Church of Wales"

The Present Archbishop of Canterbury...he came from The Church of Wales

warriorlion 03-28-2009 12:04 AM

not that they ever use it????

clearly you pay no attention to anything that is actually welsh, like the football team and the rugby team, they sing the welsh anthem. So think you will find it is used almost as much as God save the queen dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRRY8eDMSY

or this year if you prefer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVucMaJv8Q

Tyburn 03-28-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorlion
not that they ever use it????

clearly you pay no attention to anything that is actually welsh, like the football team and the rugby team, they sing the welsh anthem. So think you will find it is used almost as much as God save the queen dave

Why would I pay any attention to wales?

I mean ive been through it to get to Eire, and I went many years ago for a month to....I have no idea how you spell it...but phonetically it sounds like a-ber-rist-with on the coast

I dont follow Football, or rugby

Most people dont know that wales even HAS a National Anthem

TheConcretekid 03-28-2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn
The Republic of Eire ISNT British.

I know this, I was saying that the Welsh dislike being called British even more than the Republic of Ireland does. I went to a restaurant in Betws y Coed and all the servers had "WELSH NOT BRITISH" on the back of their shirts. But Christian Bale is a bamf.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.