Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   MMA Magazines (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10139)

MattHughesRocks 01-08-2013 12:03 AM

MMA Magazines

Do any of you read MMA magazines? I want to know what you think the "good ones" are. I'm going to give a subscription to someone but I don't know what one to get.

County Mike 01-08-2013 09:04 AM

Used to read "Fight" but haven't lately. I liked it back then. Just quit reading when I stopped training (Hailey was born).

VCURamFan 01-08-2013 12:43 PM

I read Fight also, though I know Boomer used to swear by Fighters Only

flo 01-08-2013 08:32 PM

I'm no help, I get my MMA fix here. :wink:

MattHughesRocks 01-09-2013 01:58 AM

But what if you COULDN'T get it here? What would you read? :unsure-1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 197449)
I'm no help, I get my MMA fix here. :wink:

flo 01-09-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks (Post 197454)
But what if you COULDN'T get it here? What would you read? :unsure-1:

Probably just read stuff online, Michelle. Is this for a guy? I think he'd be really happy to get a subscription to Fight or Fighters Only. If it's for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about MMA and is just getting into it, maybe the UFC magazine would be a good start?

MattHughesRocks 01-11-2013 02:43 AM

It's for a guy and um.....has no internet access :mellow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 197455)
Probably just read stuff online, Michelle. Is this for a guy? I think he'd be really happy to get a subscription to Fight or Fighters Only. If it's for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about MMA and is just getting into it, maybe the UFC magazine would be a good start?

County Mike 01-11-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks (Post 197509)
It's for a guy and um.....has no internet access :mellow:

Inmate pen pal? :laugh:

MattHughesRocks 01-11-2013 10:47 AM

I'm not friendly enough to get a penpal :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike (Post 197512)
Inmate pen pal? :laugh:

Tyburn 01-13-2013 05:57 PM

I used to like Fighters Only, a British MMA Magazine....which started publication in the US around the time I last went on Tour...the numbering is different in the US, I'm not sure if the whole magazine is different or not.

I went off Fighters Only when they put poor Hywel Teague to the axe. He, IMHO is the best MMA Journalist in the entire world...I havent seen ANYONE come close to his level of writing...not online, and not in any other Magazine...I tried several other Magazines whose names slip my mind...but nothing that was as good as what Fighters Only was.

The nice thing about Fighters Only is that it was a British Publication that became mainstream in local news agents. It did tremendously well in a Country where MMA is NOT Mainstream, it wasnt then, and isnt now. They also covered European, Russian, and the Orient...so there was FAR more then just the latest from the UFC Monopoly....I imagine that has changed now also with a publication in the US...I dont know how well adapted for the American Audience that is, nor how well its accepted...but it cant be too bad because the Magazine still runs.

However...for me, it was never the same after Hywel Teague left.