Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Pacman vs Marquez (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10105)

JavierDLC 12-09-2012 05:38 AM

Pacman vs Marquez

Pacman Got KNOCKED THE FU&k Out!!!!

:) :laugh:

Christmas came early this Year!!!

rearnakedchoke 12-10-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierDLC (Post 196781)
Pacman Got KNOCKED THE FU&k Out!!!!

:) :laugh:

Christmas came early this Year!!!

pacman shoulda taken the PBF money when he could instead of ducking the biggest fight ever ... sadly, that fight doesn't have the same luster it used to ...

JavierDLC 12-10-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 196806)
pacman shoulda taken the PBF money when he could instead of ducking the biggest fight ever ... sadly, that fight doesn't have the same luster it used to ...

I agree now I'm sure it will never happen...

J.B. 01-17-2013 12:34 PM

That was a heck of a KO, and I was jumping up and down for JMM in that moment because he really deserved it. :frantics:

As for the Floyd/Manny fight, I would still love to see it happen. Obviously the public interest has faded severely, and all Boxing fans can agree it should have happened at least 4 years ago. However, there is still a huge market in terms of the "casual fan" when it comes to Floyd and Manny. It may not be the biggest PPV of all time or be worth a hundred million dollar investment from high rollers in the middle east, but it's certainly a fight that a lot of fans would still watch.

PS- I know I'm late to the party, but it's been a busy few months for me :)

rearnakedchoke 01-17-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 197612)
That was a heck of a KO, and I was jumping up and down for JMM in that moment because he really deserved it. :frantics:

As for the Floyd/Manny fight, I would still love to see it happen. Obviously the public interest has faded severely, and all Boxing fans can agree it should have happened at least 4 years ago. However, there is still a huge market in terms of the "casual fan" when it comes to Floyd and Manny. It may not be the biggest PPV of all time or be worth a hundred million dollar investment from high rollers in the middle east, but it's certainly a fight that a lot of fans would still watch.

PS- I know I'm late to the party, but it's been a busy few months for me :)

sorry, are you new here???

good to see you back bro ... i'd like to see the fight also .. 75/25 pbf tho ... manny has little bargaining power now!

J.B. 01-17-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 197615)
sorry, are you new here???

good to see you back bro ... i'd like to see the fight also .. 75/25 pbf tho ... manny has little bargaining power now!

Thanks brother :wink:

I agree that Manny has a lot less bargaining power, however there is still some major marketability that can be milked from it. If they potentially sold it as Manny's "farewell" fight, where it's all or nothing, fans would buy into that. Couple that along with the angle that it's Mayweather's "toughest fight" (even if it's not) and people will eat it up. Sure, he got KO'd by Marquez, but Pacquiao supporters would argue that he technically beat JMM 3 times and it only takes one good shot to end any fight (which is true).

If I was forced to make a bet one way or the other, at this point, I would say it's probably not gonna happen. Which also means I have to admit I was wrong all these years in saying I truly believed it would happen. I do believe strongly that it would have happened last year if Floyd wasn't a moron and got himself locked up, but it is what it is. Boxing will go on, with or without these two.