||11-26-2012 11:24 AM
Dennis Hallman's house burns down Thanksgiving morning; no one injured
Unfortunately for Dennis Hallman, his forgettable year just got worse.
The MMA veteran announced via social media that his house burned down Thursday morning.
"On top of all the sh*t hat I've been going thru lately," he tweeted, "my house burned down last night. No one hurt but, what else can possibly go wrong?
Fortunately, Hallman added on his Facebook (via MMAWeekly.com) page that no one was hurt in the fire.
"Sad Thanksgiving for me and my family," he wrote. "My house burned down early this AM. Thank God no one was hurt and I have that to be thankful for. Something like this makes my recent direction change all the harder … the one person that could make me feel okay about everything is no longer here. When God wants you to have a fresh start sometimes he really wants to make his point clear."
When contacted by MMAFighting.com Friday afternoon, Hallman said he still wasn't sure how the fire started.
"They think it was an electrical (fire)," he said. "I lost everything. Extra sad, but the good thing is nobody was hurt.
"I'm waiting for the insurance company to find me a house to stay in while my house gets rebuilt. Until then, I am at my parents."
Hallman was released from the UFC in October a day before he was scheduled to fight Thiago Tavares at UFC on FX 5. He failed to make weight for the fight and told UFC president Dana White at the weigh-ins that he was dealing with major personal problems.
"I'm having some personal issues at home," Hallman said last month. "I'm not fit to fight. I told Dana [White] what my issues were. He understands family matters, and he was cool with me not fighting."
White agreed to pay Hallman (51-14-2, 1 NC) his show and win purse despite not competing on the card. The 36-year-old has yet to sign with a new promotion.
||11-26-2012 12:16 PM
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.