Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Kingdom Season Reflection Thread (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10071)

Tyburn 11-19-2012 07:44 PM

The Kingdom Season Reflection Thread
 
The Kingdom Season has to be a favourite time of the litergical year for me...its a time of Feasts, Remembrance, and reflections on the Second Coming...in that order. First the Feasts, Harvest depending on when you choose to celebrate it, MichaelMass, depending on when you actually start the Season, The Feast of All Saints, The Feast of All Souls, Remembrance Sunday are all encourperated into this season. Its a misnomer that the period of Advent was shortened, and at one time was actually a full forty-sixty day period. That was added on to Trinity season.

Recently, in the last ten years, there has been a recurrance of this "Kingdom Season" in Christondom, because it nicely encompasses all the feasts and allows a proper close to the year, rather then packing both visitations of Christ into just four weeks.

so here is several versions of the Mysterium that I hope you might find useful as a Kingdom Season reflection....Not to be confused with Magnum Mysterium (Which refers to the Incarnation) The "Mysterium" refers to the Judgement and is based on the Oracle of the Prophet Habakkuk who says "The Lord is in His Temple, Let all Earth be silent before him"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNX3LYVXwbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C0I3YgMHiI

Bonnie 11-20-2012 04:59 PM

The first one, beautiful imagery, and just incredible how high their voices go. Beautiful.

Both, very good. :)

Tyburn 11-20-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 196452)
The first one, beautiful imagery, and just incredible how high their voices go. Beautiful.

Both, very good. :)

The second one is quite a standard choral anthem type version, its a bit strange, but once it gets going it flows so nicely that by the time they re-introduce the bass stanzas on the opening phrase, it makes more sence against the harmony

The first one is done by a group called Libera...which is Latin for "Free" or "Save" its where the root of the word "Liberation" comes from for example "Libera me domine di morte aeterna" means "Free me", or "Save me" or "Liberate me" "Lord from Eternal Death" Its a word most commonly found with the Requiem Literny, which of course is what the early part of the Kingdom Season is all about, remembrance of the dead, followed by Judgement, which is what the latter part of the season hinges on. Their Style is a Trebble based Choral, and many of their pieces are ethereal to put it best. If you enjoyed that, you might like to listen to the Lament For Jeruselum, Which is based on Jeremiahs Lament (O Vous Omnies) which describes the level of distress that Jeremiah feels when after the Babylonian Conquest. Jeremiah pleaded with Israel to listen to the Lord and to stop being a Rebellious House...but he was unsuccessful, and when their was a rebellion against the Babylonians, the superior power squashed the Temple quite litterally and stole all of the Consecrated Items. This pretty much distroyed Jeremiah who loved the Temple and was thus forced to witness its demolition. :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2HIqtQXx3o

We must remember, that as we reflect on the Kingdom Season, Israel and Palestine are once again tense with each other. I warned people when the arab spring happened, that removing Hosni Mubarack was a bad idea because of its allowance to let the Islamic Brotherhood come to power...you might like to know that Israel probably wont be invading Palestine any time soon...why? Because for the first time Egypt has decided to take sides. Egypt has always been silent to the Palestinians under Mubarack...now its threatening to defend them. Democrasy in the middle east has lost the west a friend, and threatened Israel further.

Bonnie 11-20-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 196456)
The second one is quite a standard choral anthem type version, its a bit strange, but once it gets going it flows so nicely that by the time they re-introduce the bass stanzas on the opening phrase, it makes more sence against the harmony

The first one is done by a group called Libera...which is Latin for "Free" or "Save" its where the root of the word "Liberation" comes from for example "Libera me domine di morte aeterna" means "Free me", or "Save me" or "Liberate me" "Lord from Eternal Death" Its a word most commonly found with the Requiem Literny, which of course is what the early part of the Kingdom Season is all about, remembrance of the dead, followed by Judgement, which is what the latter part of the season hinges on. Their Style is a Trebble based Choral, and many of their pieces are ethereal to put it best. If you enjoyed that, you might like to listen to the Lament For Jeruselum, Which is based on Jeremiahs Lament (O Vous Omnies) which describes the level of distress that Jeremiah feels when after the Babylonian Conquest. Jeremiah pleaded with Israel to listen to the Lord and to stop being a Rebellious House...but he was unsuccessful, and when their was a rebellion against the Babylonians, the superior power squashed the Temple quite litterally and stole all of the Consecrated Items. This pretty much distroyed Jeremiah who loved the Temple and was thus forced to witness its demolition. :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2HIqtQXx3o

We must remember, that as we reflect on the Kingdom Season, Israel and Palestine are once again tense with each other. I warned people when the arab spring happened, that removing Hosni Mubarack was a bad idea because of its allowance to let the Islamic Brotherhood come to power...you might like to know that Israel probably wont be invading Palestine any time soon...why? Because for the first time Egypt has decided to take sides. Egypt has always been silent to the Palestinians under Mubarack...now its threatening to defend them. Democrasy in the middle east has lost the west a friend, and threatened Israel further.

Yes, Israel is now surrounded by enemies. You think this is all a part of GOD's plan?

Here is one excerpt from Col. Oliver North's comments from yesterday:

Quote:

NORTH: The only way to stop what's happening right now to the people of Israel, which is dozens of rockets being fired against civilians, is to go to the place where they all originate, and that's Iran. The pressure ought not to be put on the people of Israel or the government of Israel.

What we're seeing is publicly Obama goes out and says they have the inherent right of self defense, but privately what's happening is Israelis are being warned not to go on the ground. As you just reported, they're on the edge of it. They're going to have to if they're going to stop this. Ultimately, the pressure against Israel doesn't come diplomatically. It comes by threatening to cut off the parts chain for those F-15s and F-16s that they are going to need in order to keep their airplanes in the air and God forbid have to do a strike against Iran.


http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannit...-peace-mideast

Tyburn 11-20-2012 07:40 PM

God will preserve a remnant of Israel come what may, we know this because it is promised. They may yet be scattered again of course, as they have at several times in their chronology, eventually to make a return, be it from Exhile in Babylon, or after World War Two. Jerusalem may be distroyed once again as it has been several times, not least during the Roman Catholic Crusades...eventually to find the Temple rebuilt

What I am annoyed about is people not being able to see that the arab spring in Egypt was a disastor for the western world, and people not being brave enough to say that the democrasy at best is an uneducated populas not knowing what is best for it, and at worst an ellected dictatorship...especially the straying forms of post modern democratic systems.

Bonnie 11-20-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 196459)
God will preserve a remnant of Israel come what may, we know this because it is promised. They may yet be scattered again of course, as they have at several times in their chronology, eventually to make a return, be it from Exhile in Babylon, or after World War Two. Jerusalem may be distroyed once again as it has been several times, not least during the Roman Catholic Crusades...eventually to find the Temple rebuilt

What I am annoyed about is people not being able to see that the arab spring in Egypt was a disastor for the western world, and people not being brave enough to say that the democrasy at best is an uneducated populas not knowing what is best for it, and at worst an ellected dictatorship...especially the straying forms of post modern democratic systems.

It was an arab spring for radical islam for sure!

Tyburn 11-20-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 196460)
It was an arab spring for radical islam for sure!

Certainly in Egypt.

I'm no defender of Hosni Mubarack in terms of his dictatorial rule...but there are plenty of dictatorships like his in the world...his people may have been starving whilst he was not...but too my knowledge he didnt perform genocide on them, he just ignored them when they kicked up a fuss, he was pro western and maintained Egypt as the most liberal of arab islamic nations, and always went quiet when Israel moved on Palestine, whether she was justified or not, he, and Jordan almost never get involved.

I'm annoyed because I happen to think that Jordan is actually an alright nation, and I shall be distressed if the arab spring topples the Monarchy there, that would be a terrible shame, because the King of Jordan has put a lot of work into reform, rules with a Parliament, doesnt maltreat his people, and doesnt commit genocide, stops the country being a radical islamic state, and he's a Monarch...and I happen to think that a Benign Dictatorship is actually one of the best and most peaceful forms of governance...the issue is most dictatorships are not benign, and most people are not content enough within themselves...the mere word seems to imply a lack of freedom....but lest we forget what system of governance rules the Heavens...and even before the Kings of Israel...those Judges of Israel were Pseudo-Kings anyway

Christian Kings recognise that there role is to Rule Justly and to Serve their Nation, and Christian people recognise that The Monarchy is the embodiment of their nation, all its history, and all its traditions, that the monarchy is supposed to be reflective of Christ The King, and will protect them and their faith from foreign attacks. Christians recognise that a King is not simply an accident of birth, but that GOD himself has appointed, in the same way as GOD appoints people to Ministry, Ordination, Consecration (albiet the church as a fallen insitutution often gets in the way of this somehow) This is the Devine Right. As The Bishops would say "Devine Permission" This of course is the ideal of Monarchy, and yes its, largely dictatorial but if the right person is on the Throne, like Our Queen Elizabeth for example, then it works.

Bonnie 11-20-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 196461)
Certainly in Egypt.

I'm no defender of Hosni Mubarack in terms of his dictatorial rule...but there are plenty of dictatorships like his in the world...his people may have been starving whilst he was not...but too my knowledge he didnt perform genocide on them, he just ignored them when they kicked up a fuss, he was pro western and maintained Egypt as the most liberal of arab islamic nations, and always went quiet when Israel moved on Palestine, whether she was justified or not, he, and Jordan almost never get involved.

I'm annoyed because I happen to think that Jordan is actually an alright nation, and I shall be distressed if the arab spring topples the Monarchy there, that would be a terrible shame, because the King of Jordan has put a lot of work into reform, rules with a Parliament, doesnt maltreat his people, and doesnt commit genocide, stops the country being a radical islamic state, and he's a Monarch...and I happen to think that a Benign Dictatorship is actually one of the best and most peaceful forms of governance...the issue is most dictatorships are not benign, and most people are not content enough within themselves...the mere word seems to imply a lack of freedom....but lest we forget what system of governance rules the Heavens...and even before the Kings of Israel...those Judges of Israel were Pseudo-Kings anyway

Christian Kings recognise that there role is to Rule Justly and to Serve their Nation, and Christian people recognise that The Monarchy is the embodiment of their nation, all its history, and all its traditions, that the monarchy is supposed to be reflective of Christ The King, and will protect them and their faith from foreign attacks. Christians recognise that a King is not simply an accident of birth, but that GOD himself has appointed, in the same way as GOD appoints people to Ministry, Ordination, Consecration (albiet the church as a fallen insitutution often gets in the way of this somehow) This is the Devine Right. As The Bishops would say "Devine Permission" This of course is the ideal of Monarchy, and yes its, largely dictatorial but if the right person is on the Throne, like Our Queen Elizabeth for example, then it works.

Well, apparently, we didn't learn our lesson with Iran in 1979 with the Shah and Khomeini, and with Obama's ideas of appeasement and denial, we might well see again the scenario of what happened with Hitler and the Jews. While Obama sticks his head in the sand, Iran arms Hamas and other enemies of Israel and continues with it's goal of nuclear weapons. America better wake up, if Iran can reach Israel, we will be next! Obama has shown his hand with Benghazi so they feel free now to attack Israel with no fear of retaliation from the Obama administration. I still can't believe they re-elected him!

People say they are tired of war, they don't seem to understand that we can never let down our guard again, our enemy will never stop trying to kill and destroy us. From what I'm hearing on the news, some idiots over here think Israel is wrong to be firing back on Gaza! She was fired on first and is trying to protect herself, and somehow that's wrong? :blink: I'm guessing these are some of the ones who voted to keep Obama!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.