Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   POTUS (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10043)

rearnakedchoke 11-06-2012 01:22 PM

POTUS
 
So it all comes down to tonite. Should be a good, close race. I am taking Barry in a close win, but i wont be surprised if Romney pulls it out. IMO Mitt is a good candidate, but its just tough to make everyone happy to garner enough votes for a GOP win today.

VCURamFan 11-06-2012 01:29 PM

http://www.google.com/url?source=img...A7Lq2gttP0Yk6w

(obviously not the real Tebow)

rearnakedchoke 11-06-2012 01:31 PM

ha .. funny!!!!!!

flo 11-06-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 195901)
So it all comes down to tonite. Should be a good, close race. I am taking Barry in a close win, but i wont be surprised if Romney pulls it out. IMO Mitt is a good candidate, but its just tough to make everyone happy to garner enough votes for a GOP win today.

Wow, that's quite a change from your prediction that this race was "all over" a couple months ago, rnc. :wink:


:tongue0011:

rearnakedchoke 11-06-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 195911)
Wow, that's quite a change from your prediction that this race was "all over" a couple months ago, rnc. :wink:


:tongue0011:

yes it is ... i am sure i am not the only one .... i am still pulling for obama, and think he will win .. i also think he is the better candidate ... i just wont be surprised if mitt wins

Tyburn 11-06-2012 05:37 PM

Soooo do we have a fourty Fifth yet....or another re-run of Fourty-Four :huh:

NateR 11-06-2012 05:59 PM

What would be the real kick in the teeth is if Romney wins the popular vote, but Obama wins the electoral votes.

I'm kind of 50/50 on my expectations here; but I don't think our nation can survive another 4 years of Obama, so I'm really hoping that Romney pulls out the win. And I hope it's a decisive win and doesn't need to go to the Supreme Court again.

rearnakedchoke 11-06-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 195914)
What would be the real kick in the teeth is if Romney wins the popular vote, but Obama wins the electoral votes.

I'm kind of 50/50 on my expectations here; but I don't think our nation can survive another 4 years of Obama, so I'm really hoping that Romney pulls out the win. And I hope it's a decisive win and doesn't need to go to the Supreme Court again.

why would that be a kick in the teeth??? cuz that is what some r predicting ,,,

NateR 11-06-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 195919)
why would that be a kick in the teeth??? cuz that is what some r predicting ,,,

Because it means that the people want Romney, but the system put in place to elect the President actually goes against the will of the people. Thereby completely compromising the purpose of government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Tyburn 11-06-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 195922)
Because it means that the people want Romney, but the system put in place to elect the President actually goes against the will of the people. Thereby completely compromising the purpose of government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Your Electoral College system is not democratic IMHO...proportional representation might be fine for local government...but when your ellecting just one person...surely you should just have each individual person vote and count the votes...I dont understand who, or why your system was invented...but I dont really think its fair for one person to win like ten states...and another to win just one state and somehow they have the same number of votes :blink:


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.