View Full Version : Time to start a politics forum?

medic92
03-24-2009, 07:02 PM
It seems that politics enter into the Woodshed on a fairly regular basis. What about starting a separate forum just for politics so those who aren't interested won't have to wade through the rest of us putting the liberals in their place? :tongue0011:

Moose
03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Cosigned. Trust me, if there's a politics forum around here, I'll avoid it at all costs.

County Mike
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I'll avoid political and religious debates. Nobody ever changes their mind and sooner or later, feelings get hurt.

medic92
03-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I'll avoid political and religious debates. Nobody ever changes their mind and sooner or later, feelings get hurt.

While I think it's rare that any political belief is changed, it does happen. I've changed my stances based on forum debates and I have one vivid memory of a gentleman whose username was PTBAL (proud to be a liberal) who did a complete 180 and became one of the most adamant conservatives on my forum at the time.

It does happen. :)

Chuck
03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
While I think it's rare that any political belief is changed, it does happen. I've changed my stances based on forum debates and I have one vivid memory of a gentleman whose username was PTBAL (proud to be a liberal) who did a complete 180 and became one of the most adamant conservatives on my forum at the time.

It does happen. :)

Not to mention there have been people who have became Christians as a direct result of this forum.

Like you said... it does happen.

logrus
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Why dont we just call it the itch / cryfest because lets face it, thats all thats going in there.

medic92
03-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Why dont we just call it the itch / cryfest because lets face it, thats all thats going in there.

Sounds good to me.

mikthehick
03-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Basically, medic, you are right. People tend to get super emotional online where it's pretty easy to talk to a computer screen. They've done psychological studies on it, and have found out that people share more since the computer isn't judgmental. (If you need the scholastic ariticles, I'll find them for you in the databases at my universities)....

But what some don't understand is looking emotional doesn't help the cause usually, just makes people look like crybabies. imo anyway. I would say no to a political forum because i dealt with one and it wasn't pretty. If people are passionate about politics, they should get involved locally and/or visit the politics based websites. But that's just my opinion. Seems like on here, people waste their time trying to change minds, but it ain't happening.

I can't say that I waste time in the woodshed anymore, especially when there is so much drama happening in the MMA world! :w00t:

logrus
03-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Basically, medic, you are right. People tend to get super emotional online where it's pretty easy to talk to a computer screen. They've done psychological studies on it, and have found out that people share more since the computer isn't judgmental. (If you need the scholastic ariticles, I'll find them for you in the databases at my universities)....

But what some don't understand is looking emotional doesn't help the cause usually, just makes people look like crybabies. imo anyway. I would say no to a political forum because i dealt with one and it wasn't pretty. If people are passionate about politics, they should get involved locally and/or visit the politics based websites. But that's just my opinion. Seems like on here, people waste their time trying to change minds, but it ain't happening.

I can't say that I waste time in the woodshed anymore, especially when there is so much drama happening in the MMA world! :w00t:

You know what it is, I see that stuff on all day at work. I hear it on my drive. Talk it over in my history class. The last thing I want to do is visit the MMA forums to see yet another cryfest about something else Obama did.

Really most of what I see if not all is just an inside attack at our president.

mikthehick
03-25-2009, 03:21 AM
You know what it is, I see that stuff on all day at work. I hear it on my drive. Talk it over in my history class. The last thing I want to do is visit the MMA forums to see yet another cryfest about something else Obama did.

Really most of what I see if not all is just an inside attack at our president.

Completely agree with ya there buddy. I discuss this stuff almost daily with my dad, esp. b/c he's so vested in the military actions overseas.

While I may not care for Mr. Obama's policies or his cabinent, we should as American citizens respect the president no matter what.

As I've said before, you couldn't pay me to have his job.

rearnakedchoke
03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
It seems that politics enter into the Woodshed on a fairly regular basis. What about starting a separate forum just for politics so those who aren't interested won't have to wade through the rest of us putting the liberals in their place? :tongue0011:

That would be too political ...

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Strictly on a basis of logic, I think it would make sense. We have the Christianity section so why not politics. We definitely get enough regular threads about politics to warrant it.
Nate, what does Matt (and you of course)think about this?

Chuck
03-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Strictly on a basis of logic, I think it would make sense. We have the Christianity section so why not politics. We definitely get enough regular threads about politics to warrant it.
Nate, what does Matt (and you of course)think about this?

I think you can only have so many sections on the forum. I think anyway. So to have a politics section I believe we would have to get rid of a section we already have.

My fear is a politics section would turn into a "no holds barred" area that would probably be difficult to moderate.

But what do I know? :mellow:

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Even if there is a "politics" forum doesnt guarantee politics will not be addressed in other forums. For example we can be discussing nutrition and someone will throw out a Liberal/Conservative remark. I think we are all adults and can skip the thread if you don't like it or argue all day/night if you want about it. Im sure Matt has training to do and doesnt need to be wasting his time babysitting us adults. Stop whining and skip the stinkin' thread if you can't handle criticism or go write your local politician...:angry:

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 04:30 PM
I think you can only have so many sections on the forum. I think anyway. So to have a politics section I believe we would have to get rid of a section we already have.

My fear is a politics section would turn into a "no holds barred" area that would probably be difficult to moderate.

But what do I know? :mellow:

That's true and I think separating Religious discussions and Political discussions would prove difficult as well.

Chuck
03-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Even if there is a "politics" forum doesnt guarantee politics will not be addressed in other forums. For example we can be discussing nutrition and someone will throw out a Liberal/Conservative remark. I think we are all adults and can skip the thread if you don't like it or argue all day/night if you want about it. Im sure Matt has training to do and doesnt need to be wasting his time babysitting us adults. Stop whining and skip the stinkin' thread if you can't handle criticism or go write your local politician...:angry:

What are you talking about??????????????????????????????

Who are you talking to???????????????????

:blink:

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 04:38 PM

Wow, someone needs to take their placebo!
:laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
What are you talking about??????????????????????????????

Who are you talking to???????????????????

:blink:
I am talking about the topic of this forum am I correct with saying its titled "Time to start a politics forum'" ??? I am replying to the thread just like everyone else. Believe me if it was anyone imparticular I have enough "guts" (for the lack of better words which I would love to use right about now) to direct it towards them or even quote em on it...

Chuck
03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Dude in general.. Once again no one imparticular... I am expressing my view on the subject just like everyone else has...

OH....... ok. :wink:

It just seemed like your post was directed at somebody as opposed to just a generic though on the subject. So I was trying to figure out who you were directing it at hun that's all!

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 04:48 PM
OH....... ok. :wink:

It just seemed like your post was directed at somebody as opposed to just a generic though on the subject. So I was trying to figure out who you were directing it at hun that's all!
Thanks for the clarification. I am tough as leather lately around here its sink or swim! lol..:)

Tyburn
03-25-2009, 06:53 PM

That strongly depends on who primarily moderates it :ninja:

Neezar
03-25-2009, 07:12 PM

:cool:

Thanks for the clarification. I am tough as leather lately around here its sink or swim! lol..:)

:w00t: ANd it looks like you are swimming!

Go, Melissa! :applause:

Crisco
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Not to mention there have been people who have became Christians as a direct result of this forum.

Like you said... it does happen.

<-- Raises Hand

God definately visits this forum (figuratively speaking lol) Some just have not read his posts yet =P

bradwright
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
:cool:

give me a break,:sick:
and before you try and rip me a new one Melissa i wasn't making
a reference to you in any way at all,its just Neezar comes across
a bit on the girl vs boy side once in a while,and it makes me want to puke.

(you see i can say that and get away with it because she isn't here right now and she will probably never read this when she does get back on line)

lucky for me you say? luck has nothing to do with it,its all about timing really.:wink:

but i do think there should be a political forum.:)

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM

(you see i can say that and get away with it because she isn't here right now and she will probably never read this when she does get back on line)

lucky for me you say? luck has nothing to do with it,its all about timing really.:wink:

Lol ok we can call a truce, but just for today...I think Neezar is just a woman that aint gonna take no crap whether its from a guy or girl. I am very much the same way. I can be very explosive, but I have managed to somewhat behave here.. :huh:

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
:wink: :cool:

Black Mamba
03-26-2009, 01:24 AM
I can be very explosive, but I have managed to somewhat behave here.. :huh:

I wasn't explosive when I first got here, but I was very blunt and didn't take crap from anyone. The Black Mamba mentality was out in full force. I still don't take any crap, but I have learned to shut my mouth on a few things.

So yes learning to behave somewhat here does happen but never lose that leather hide. :cool: But over the past 3 years on here, I've upgraded from leather to steel. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 02:36 AM
I wasn't explosive when I first got here, but I was very blunt and didn't take crap from anyone. The Black Mamba mentality was out in full force. I still don't take any crap, but I have learned to shut my mouth on a few things.

So yes learning to behave somewhat here does happen but never lose that leather hide. :cool: But over the past 3 years on here, I've upgraded from leather to steel. :laugh:
Thats a good one leather to steel huh?!! Wow, see what these guys do to us ladies?!! :wink:

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Lol ok we can call a truce, but just for today...I think Neezar is just a woman that aint gonna take no crap whether its from a guy or girl. I am very much the same way. I can be very explosive, but I have managed to somewhat behave here.. :huh:
so are you sometimes one of those fiesty latina girls who speaks her mind?

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 05:35 AM
so are you sometimes one of those fiesty latina girls who speaks her mind? Lol..Without the Rosie Perez irritating accent in a way yeah.. However most Latinos say im a white girl in a brown body I get called coconut.. Kinda weird, but I can flip to the German side if need be.. :laugh:

County Mike
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/sirbartonslady/macros/0077.jpg

Seemed like a good time to post this one. :)

Llamafighter
03-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Lol..Without the Rosie Perez irritating accent in a way yeah.. However most Latinos say im a white girl in a brown body I get called coconut.. Kinda weird, but I can flip to the German side if need be.. :laugh:

Are you sitting in a MacDonald's in your avatar? :w00t:

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Are you sitting in a MacDonald's in your avatar? :w00t:
Lol no way!! Its another local eatery my cousin and I were taking pics ok yeah I know kinda lame, but we were having fun!!

Chuck
03-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Lol no way!! Its another local eatery my cousin and I were taking pics ok yeah I know kinda lame, but we were having fun!!

At least you nailed the "MySpace" pose perfect :wink:

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 02:55 PM
At least you nailed the "MySpace" pose perfect :wink:
Chuck!! Your too much!! :laugh: I have way better photos lol..:ninja:

County Mike
03-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Pics or shens!

Chuck
03-26-2009, 02:57 PM

Put up or shut up sister!!

Let's see those pics!!!!

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Put up or shut up sister!!

Let's see those pics!!!! I am at work and cant access my photos.. Darn it.. lol. I will post some soon.. :) Nothing Dave will get mad at now....

County Mike
03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I am at work and cant access my photos.. Darn it.. lol. I will post some soon.. :) Nothing Dave will get mad at now....

PM for those. ;)

Chuck
03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
PM for those. ;)

CO-SIGNED :laugh:

Crisco
03-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Indeed

Show me yours and I'll show you mine(not Chuck)

hahahahah

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Co-Co signed

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Who was the one on the forum that likes womens feet?? I can't recall :unsure-1:

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Who was the one on the forum that likes womens feet?? I can't recall :unsure-1:Not me, I think me and CountyMike share a common interest though, make it happen:laugh:

County Mike
03-26-2009, 05:22 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/jirvinone/post-tits-or-gtfo.png

Crisco
03-26-2009, 05:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Also

Co-sign

CAVEMAN
03-26-2009, 06:51 PM
:sign0006:

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Andreas. :ninja:

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Andreas. :ninja:
Whats his or her forum name?

County Mike
03-26-2009, 07:04 PM
:sign0006:

Your "off topic" post is off topic. The topic is posting of unmentionables - as it always is on every thread over 3 pages long.

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Whats his or her forum name?
Hughes_GOAT

Chuck
03-26-2009, 08:01 PM
CO-SIGNED

rockdawg21
03-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Just like a Californian! Throwing in your radical, liberal, left-wing agenda to suit your own selfish purposes! :tongue0011:

Tyburn
03-29-2009, 05:32 PM
:ninja: I think this political section just might happen :ninja:

Tyburn
04-05-2009, 12:20 PM
:happydancing:

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 06:30 AM

me :wink:

why, is that weird? :scared0015:

Miss Foxy
04-10-2009, 06:33 AM
me :wink:

why, is that weird? :scared0015:
No I love pretty toes myself..lol.

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 06:37 AM
No I love pretty toes myself..lol.

sweet! not many women have a foot fetish....a lot of guys do though. it's supposed to be the most common fetish among men. now when you say pretty toes, are you referring to male or females? i'm only wondering because when you say pretty, it just doesn't go with males :laugh: unless they're metro?

Miss Foxy
04-10-2009, 06:38 AM
sweet! not many women have a foot fetish....a lot of guys do though. it's supposed to be the most common fetish among men. now when you say pretty toes, are you referring to male or females? i'm only wondering because when you say pretty, it just doesn't go with males :laugh: unless they're metro?
I mean women. I always look at toes..Its weird. I even take my 11yr old for pedicures.. Gotta teach em' young, and my son always tells me I have pretty feet!! :rolleyes: Only time I like mens feet are in the Octagon and its only a few......

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 06:41 AM
and my son always tells me I have pretty feet!! :rolleyes:

pics??? :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
04-10-2009, 06:42 AM
pics??? :happydancing:
Sure tomorrow I will post one..:wink:

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Sure tomorrow I will post one..:wink:

here or PM?

nevermind, i'll just have to check both, duh

Neezar
09-12-2011, 09:30 PM

I just found this. :angry: It's on buddy!

Tyburn
09-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I just found this. :angry: It's on buddy!

:blink: how do you find things like this :laugh: