View Full Version : Pacquiao responds to Martinez' P4P Quote

rockdawg21
03-17-2011, 09:21 PM
LOL, Manny is so relaxed and calm all the time it just kills me!

"What do you have to say about Sergio Martinez, his victory?"
"It's ok."

Sergio is the real deal, but I think Pac or Mayweather would handle him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk_-Z5Qe-QE

FYI, in the video, they refer to Sergio in Tagalog as "slow" and "not really strong, just big". Pac even asked, "At what weight would we fight?" I'd imagine he was already studying Sergio for possible future preparation. Would love to see it!

Miss Foxy
03-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Sergio does nothing for me. He don't impress me at all.. Of course I linger around waiting for Mayweather!! :w00t:

rockdawg21
03-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Sergio does nothing for me. He don't impress me at all.. Of course I linger around waiting for Mayweather!! :w00t:
I agree, haven't seen anything really special out of him. Hopefully, he'll get his shot at Mayweather or Pac. I love Cotto, but he would handle Cotto easily.

JavierDLC
03-21-2011, 03:55 PM
I can see Sergio putting Pacquiao to sleep with that beautiful Left.

http://imgnook.com/2LCo.gif

JavierDLC
03-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I agree, haven't seen anything really special out of him. Hopefully, he'll get his shot at Mayweather or Pac. I love Cotto, but he would handle Cotto easily.

I guess you guys haven't seen any of his fights then :)

Me too :)

rockdawg21
03-23-2011, 04:44 AM
I guess you guys haven't seen any of his fights then :)

Me too :)
He has yet to beat a future HOF whereas Pac and Mayweather have given thorough thrashings to many. Cintron, Williams, Pavlik, and Dzinziruk are worthwhile opponents, but none of them are future HOF fighters. Hopefully, he'll get his shot to face either Pac or Mayweather, but I don't think fortune will favor him to get either matchup.

J.B.
03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Sergio's power makes him a dangerous fight for both Manny and Floyd. Manny is very hittable and southpaws can present problems for Mayweather. Obviously the odds would still be for both Manny or Floyd, but I would give Sergio a better chance of beating Manny than Floyd. I think Manny could likely end up on the losing battle of a slugfest, whereas Floyd would probably outbox Sergio and tire him out to stop him or win on points.

JavierDLC
03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
He has yet to beat a future HOF whereas Pac and Mayweather have given thorough thrashings to many. Cintron, Williams, Pavlik, and Dzinziruk are worthwhile opponents, but none of them are future HOF fighters. Hopefully, he'll get his shot to face either Pac or Mayweather, but I don't think fortune will favor him to get either matchup.

Unfortunately I don't think Sergio will get that chance either. I think he is to much of a threat for them and doesn't have the following for them to accept the challenge.

Sergio's power makes him a dangerous fight for both Manny and Floyd. Manny is very hittable and southpaws can present problems for Mayweather. Obviously the odds would still be for both Manny or Floyd, but I would give Sergio a better chance of beating Manny than Floyd. I think Manny could likely end up on the losing battle of a slugfest, whereas Floyd would probably outbox Sergio and tire him out to stop him or win on points.

Totally I agree 100%
I'm not saying Sergio would beat either of them but I do think he has the best shot at beating them.