View Full Version : Frank Mir vs Shane Carwin

Maldonado136
03-19-2010, 03:19 AM
so what do you guys think? I'm gonna be honest I dont think mir will stop carwin. I think if mir wins it will be a well fought decision and if carwin wins it will be an out of nowhere stoppage. people question carwin's stamina but he is pretty athletic and trains at high altitude. I'm pretty sure he can go 5 rounds and like he said mir may have gotten bigger but he has been big since college and knows how to use his size well. That being said I still think mir is the slightly safer pick.

Chuck
03-19-2010, 03:57 AM
so what do you guys think? I'm gonna be honest I dont think mir will stop carwin. I think if mir wins it will be a well fought decision and if carwin wins it will be an out of nowhere stoppage. people question carwin's stamina but he is pretty athletic and trains at high altitude. I'm pretty sure he can go 5 rounds and like he said mir may have gotten bigger but he has been big since college and knows how to use his size well. That being said I still think mir is the slightly safer pick.

Carwin.

Chris F
03-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Carwin 2nd round TKO wiht the lead pipe in the observatory next to Col Mustard.

Chuck
03-19-2010, 04:44 AM
Carwin 2nd round TKO wiht the lead pipe in the observatory next to Col Mustard.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MattHughesRocks
03-19-2010, 05:02 AM
I don't know...I just can't for the life of me like Mir. I tried once....it just didn't work out.

Silverback
03-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Carwin, on his way to a upset to Lesner:angry::angry::angry:

wavetar
03-19-2010, 10:49 AM
A year ago I would've picked Carwin. Now I pick Mir. He's re-dedicated himself to the nth degree since the Lesnar loss. He's always been talented & dangerous...now he's somewhat crazy to boot.

Regardless of who wins, I'm thinking Brock's gonna have a hard, hard time coming back after what he's been through & stepping right into the octagon with that caliber of opponent. I'm sure he wouldn't want it any other way though.

Spiritwalker
03-19-2010, 11:18 AM
A year ago I would've picked Carwin. Now I pick Mir. He's re-dedicated himself to the nth degree since the Lesnar loss. He's always been talented & dangerous...now he's somewhat crazy to boot.

Agreed.

I think Frank takes this one... unless it's a punch from Carwin that comes from no where.

ufcfan2
03-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Regardless of who wins, I'm thinking Brock's gonna have a hard, hard time coming back after what he's been through & stepping right into the octagon with that caliber of opponent. I'm sure he wouldn't want it any other way though.

This.
At times I like Mir then other times he opens up his mouth and says something out of the blue stupid. I think Mir will have a good gameplan against Carwin he will just need to avoid that sledgehammer he calls a right hand.

rockdawg21
03-19-2010, 11:58 AM
If it were a year ago, I'd of picked Carwin, but Mir's vastly improved his stand-up. I have to give this one to Mir.

Chuck
03-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Carwin, on his way to a upset to Lesner:angry::angry::angry:
:happydancing:

That's the sad thing for Mir or Carwin... when one of them faces Brock and beats him all the Brock huggers will jump straight on the excuse train. :angry:

If it were a year ago, I'd of picked Carwin, but Mir's vastly improved his stand-up. I have to give this one to Mir.
I would imagine Carwin has probably worked on his game a little in the last year as well don't ya think? :huh:

Spiritwalker
03-19-2010, 01:41 PM
That's the sad thing for Mir or Carwin... when one of them faces Brock and beats him all the Brock huggers will jump straight on the excuse train. :angry:

Pretty much.. but considering how ill the man was.. it's pretty valid.

I hope it's Mir that wins.. beats Brock.. and then we get to see Brock REALLY act like a tool in the cage..

OR

Carwin wins.. loses to Brock.. then a rematch with Mir/Carwin to take on who ever is 4th in line.

rearnakedchoke
03-19-2010, 05:10 PM
i am going with Carwin ... i think he can beat brock ...... a part of me wants mur to win so he can get another beatdown by brock

Tyburn
03-19-2010, 07:12 PM
My vote will be for Carwin :)

Twinsmama
03-19-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm on the Carwin wagon. I also just can't make myself like Mir.

Buzzard
03-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Go Frank!

Vizion
03-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Frank, I want to see him have one more shot at Brock.

badnews
03-20-2010, 11:16 PM

I think he's always been a bit mental, but I'd agree that he was sooooo damaged by that loss to Brock that he's dedicated himself to training like a character from an 80's martial arts movie... bet the last few months have been like a Rocky montage :laugh: