View Full Version : Diaz To WW ***spoilers in thread also****

GnP
01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Following his UFC Fight Night 20 loss to Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz is considering making the move up in weight class to the welterweight division.

The winner of the fifth season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Diaz made waves in the UFC lightweight division stringing together a five-fight win streak, but after losing three of his last four fights, the weight cut could be too much for the Stockton, Calif., native’s six-foot frame.

“I really don't think I'm going to stay at 155 pounds,” Diaz wrote on GracieFighter.com. “I don't make enough money to have to drop this much weight, so I'd like to fight at 170 and only go to 55's every once in awhile.”

Discussing his loss to Maynard, Diaz commented, "I fought like garbage and I'm sorry to my fans for my performance. I was hesitant about throwing hard punches because I kept thinking he was going to go for a takedown. It looked like I was knocked down in the second, but actually he stepped on my foot and when I tried to back out I slipped.

“You know if you look at his face compared to mine right now you'd think there was no way he beat me in a fight, but I've never been too popular with the judges,” added the 24-year-old Cesar Gracie trained fighter.

Diaz’ older brother, Nick, bounces around weight classes ranging from lightweight to middleweight. He competes for the Strikeforce welterweight title on Jan. 30 against Dream champion Marius Zaromskis. It looks as if Nate will follow in his older brother’s footsteps in the future by competing in different divisions

I honestly cant think he could touch any of the top ten UFC WW the sooner they drop this tool the better in my opinion

Chuck
01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Following his UFC Fight Night 20 loss to Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz is considering making the move up in weight class to the welterweight division.

The winner of the fifth season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Diaz made waves in the UFC lightweight division stringing together a five-fight win streak, but after losing three of his last four fights, the weight cut could be too much for the Stockton, Calif., native’s six-foot frame.

“I really don't think I'm going to stay at 155 pounds,” Diaz wrote on GracieFighter.com. “I don't make enough money to have to drop this much weight, so I'd like to fight at 170 and only go to 55's every once in awhile.”

Discussing his loss to Maynard, Diaz commented, "I fought like garbage and I'm sorry to my fans for my performance. I was hesitant about throwing hard punches because I kept thinking he was going to go for a takedown. It looked like I was knocked down in the second, but actually he stepped on my foot and when I tried to back out I slipped.

“You know if you look at his face compared to mine right now you'd think there was no way he beat me in a fight, but I've never been too popular with the judges,” added the 24-year-old Cesar Gracie trained fighter.

Diaz’ older brother, Nick, bounces around weight classes ranging from lightweight to middleweight. He competes for the Strikeforce welterweight title on Jan. 30 against Dream champion Marius Zaromskis. It looks as if Nate will follow in his older brother’s footsteps in the future by competing in different divisions

I honestly cant think he could touch any of the top ten UFC WW the sooner they drop this tool the better in my opinion

This.

flo
01-12-2010, 07:26 PM
lol, BJ would clean his clock, GSP would do the same.

What a whiner.

Buh bye.

MattHughesRocks
01-12-2010, 07:26 PM
He's never been popular with a lot of people.

flo
01-12-2010, 07:27 PM
I SO wanted to see Gray KO that smirk right off his face.

flo
01-12-2010, 07:32 PM
He's never been popular with a lot of people.

I can't stand him, Michelle, and there aren't many fighters I don't like. His whole persona, that "homey-boy-mumble-mouth" way of speaking, his lack of sportsmanship, even his distracting fighting style, pfffft.

I give the guy kudos for being a scrapper, he can sure take punishment and has a good ground game.

But like Hendo vs Bisping, my sadistic side was hoping for a big knockout. :happydancing:

billwilliams70
01-12-2010, 07:50 PM
lol, BJ would clean his clock, GSP would do the same.
Couldn't agree more. Let him fight Semtex.......that'll show whether he can take a punch or not.

Later.

Miss Foxy
01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Oh brother!! I don't care for Nate whatsoever...Uggg:angry:

Tyburn
01-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Oh right. So you all hate Diaz and love a guy who cant do anything but beat top contenders by split decisions that he shouldnt have won in the first place.

For goodness sake...someone shove him in that bloody cage with BJ Penn and let him be battered to death so we can all move on from the fraudster of that division with his precious unbeaten record of split decision. :rolleyes:

And Nathan should stay where he is, and watch the carnage...it might motivate him to avoid a similar fate. :ninja: The last thing we need is for him to bow out of 155 :sad:

flo
01-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Step-away-from-the-crack-pipe.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::tongue0011:

flo
01-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I can't find a link anywhere to post my own thread so I hope you don't mind if I go OT for just a moment, Dave :-)

I just saw Dana and Frank F. on Neil Cavuto (never pictured THAT happening) about NY Gov now sanctioning UFC. Neil asked dopey questions but Frank and Dana responded well and were very good promoting MMA. I also was glad that FNC used some video from Forrest and Tito to illustrate UFC and stayed away from, say, the fight where Joe Stevenson bled all over everything.

Anyhoo, good news that UFC is making inroads in some states that previously barred them from competing.

Tyburn
01-12-2010, 09:03 PM
I can't find a link anywhere to post my own thread so I hope you don't mind if I go OT for just a moment, Dave :-)

I just saw Dana and Frank F. on Neil Cavuto (never pictured THAT happening) about NY Gov now sanctioning UFC. Neil asked dopey questions but Frank and Dana responded well and were very good promoting MMA. I also was glad that FNC used some video from Forrest and Tito to illustrate UFC and stayed away from, say, the fight where Joe Stevenson bled all over everything.

Anyhoo, good news that UFC is making inroads in some states that previously barred them from competing.

I dont mind at all. :laugh: I just wanted you all to know that I LIKE Nathan Diaz...and I DONT like Maynard :ninja:

flo
01-12-2010, 09:09 PM
I dont mind at all. :laugh:
Thanks for being nice about it :)

I just wanted you all to know that I LIKE Nathan Diaz...and I DONT like Maynard :ninja:

Hmmm, I gathered that, I was just pushing buttons, heh heh.
:Whistle:

GnP
01-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh right. So you all hate Diaz and love a guy who cant do anything but beat top contenders by split decisions that he shouldnt have won in the first place.

For goodness sake...someone shove him in that bloody cage with BJ Penn and let him be battered to death so we can all move on from the fraudster of that division with his precious unbeaten record of split decision. :rolleyes:

And Nathan should stay where he is, and watch the carnage...it might motivate him to avoid a similar fate. :ninja: The last thing we need is for him to bow out of 155 :sad:

Who said they loved maynard? I can't see one person saying that, plenty wanted him to beat Diaz but thats more out of dislike for Nate as he is a gobby idiot that ain't able to back it up.

As for maynard I tend to agree BJ will maul him but no more so than he would one half of the drug brothers

Tyburn
01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Who said they loved maynard? I can't see one person saying that, plenty wanted him to beat Diaz but thats more out of dislike for Nate as he is a gobby idiot that ain't able to back it up.

As for maynard I tend to agree BJ will maul him but no more so than he would one half of the drug brothers

oh...well in that case...its alright I suppose :w00t:

Tyburn
01-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for being nice about it :)

Hmmm, I gathered that, I was just pushing buttons, heh heh.
:Whistle:

:laugh: well thats alright too :w00t:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
01-13-2010, 09:33 AM
While I don't like either of the drug brothers I do agree that 155 is to small a weight class for him to cut down to! Nobody that tall should be fighting that small!

rearnakedchoke
01-13-2010, 01:50 PM
why bother, he would kill the WW's in the UFC .. he should just leave and go to SF and fight Fedor .. Shock the World

GnP
01-13-2010, 06:35 PM
oh...well in that case...its alright I suppose :w00t:

Excellent glad you approve :laugh:

Tyburn
01-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Excellent glad you approve :laugh:

Yes....the Tyburn Stamp Of Aproval (TSOA) :happydancing:

logrus
01-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Sad thing is Diaz wouldn't last a second at 170. Those guys come down from the 200's to fight in that group. As it is hes having enough probs with the 155 guys out muscling him and out striking him.