PDA

View Full Version : JJ tournament

TexasRN
07-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Well guys, I am finally doing it. I will be competing this Saturday in my first ever tournament. It is a submission only competition which means no time limits, no point system, you win only by submitting your opponent. I have been training for 3 months so I will be in the novice class with my opponents having 9 months or less experience in class. My instructor seems to think that there will be enough girls there to give me at least 2 matches. So, wish me luck, let's hope I don't die. Some of us are driving up tomorrow to weigh in so that we can relax and sleep in on Saturday. I think everyone is cutting weight but me.

Mood: excited and scared.....

~Amy

TexasRN
07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
And if we could have walk out music these would be my two top choices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sl5VurCaIQ

or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSnBApQH9WE

:laugh:

~Amy

Llamafighter
07-16-2009, 12:03 PM
WAR AMY!!!!!!!!!!
We're expecting video or at least some photos!
you'll do great:)

VCURamFan
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Good luck, Amy, I can't wait to see you & your teammates when you get to Richmond. Gimme a call when you hit town!

TexasRN
07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Good luck, Amy, I can't wait to see you & your teammates when you get to Richmond. Gimme a call when you hit town!

I will. We leave here tomorrow at 3 pm. Weigh ins are from 7-9. I need an early bedtime so I won't keep you out late but I'll buy you a drink for sure and have one for myself. Check your PMs in a few min.

~Amy

VCURamFan
07-16-2009, 04:07 PM
I will. We leave here tomorrow at 3 pm. Weigh ins are from 7-9. I need an early bedtime so I won't keep you out late but I'll buy you a drink for sure and have one for myself. Check your PMs in a few min.

~AmySounds good to me!

MattHughesRocks
07-16-2009, 04:17 PM
WAR AMY! :jumping0045:

Try and snap somebodies something before your done! :w00t:

TexasRN
07-16-2009, 04:41 PM
I have a game plan in place for this tournament. I know only 1 takedown that works well for me. So if I don't get that position handed to me, I will just jump guard. :laugh: I practiced that on a guy last night, just jumping guard over and over.

~Amy

mikthehick
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
AMY!!! I didn't know you had a submission tourney??!!

Dang it, i'm out of town this weekend too...but, I hope you do well and have Ben take some pictures!

You'll do great. Go break some legs girl, you rock :cool:

VCURamFan
07-16-2009, 06:45 PM
I have a game plan in place for this tournament. I know only 1 takedown that works well for me. So if I don't get that position handed to me, I will just jump guard. :laugh: I practiced that on a guy last night, just jumping guard over and over.

~AmyYeah, in most states, that's referred to as Rape...or at least mugging.:scared0011::ninja::laugh:

O, & Kim I won't be able to take pics as I'll be leaving for Belize 3am Saturday. I'll take tons of pics down there, though, & post 'em ASAP!

TexasRN
07-16-2009, 08:20 PM
AMY!!! I didn't know you had a submission tourney??!!

Dang it, i'm out of town this weekend too...but, I hope you do well and have Ben take some pictures!

You'll do great. Go break some legs girl, you rock :cool:

I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure that I was going to get to compete. I had an injury not that long ago and I've been worried I'd rehurt myself or something equally stupid. So, it's for sure and I'll be there! I am sure someone from my gym will take video and I have people slated to use my camera for pictures already. I'll post the results of my butt kicking (mine or theirs....) when I can.

~Amy

TexasRN
07-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah, in most states, that's referred to as Rape...or at least mugging.:scared0011::ninja::laugh:

O, & Kim I won't be able to take pics as I'll be leaving for Belize 3am Saturday. I'll take tons of pics down there, though, & post 'em ASAP!

:Whistle: I always behave and would never dream of....wait, I'm laughing too hard to finish that sentence....:laugh:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
07-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Good luck Amy!! May you be safe on your journey and have fun..:)

mikthehick
07-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure that I was going to get to compete. I had an injury not that long ago and I've been worried I'd rehurt myself or something equally stupid. So, it's for sure and I'll be there! I am sure someone from my gym will take video and I have people slated to use my camera for pictures already. I'll post the results of my butt kicking (mine or theirs....) when I can.

~Amy

Thanks Amy, that will be awesome :)

And Ben, stay safe brother. I'll be down that way in January--missions trip to Guatemala :D

VCURamFan
07-16-2009, 09:45 PM
:Whistle: I always behave and would never dream of....wait, I'm laughing too hard to finish that sentence....:laugh:

~AmyYeah, it's not the dreaming that's got me worried!:frantics:

TexasRN
07-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, it's not the dreaming that's got me worried!:frantics:

:w00t: I like 'em nervous.....

So we leave today at 3 pm, will weigh in tonight. I think everyone is cutting weight except for me. I'm still trying to gain a little. I have a ton of errands to run today so I am about to be out the door to get them done before everyone starts to show up. I will post results when I can. Photos and vids may wait until later since I won't be back until Sat night late and then will drive to my mom's Sunday to visit my family there. Ya'll have a great weekend and wish me luck!

~Amy

Llamafighter
07-17-2009, 01:42 PM

So we leave today at 3 pm, will weigh in tonight. I think everyone is cutting weight except for me. I'm still trying to gain a little. I have a ton of errands to run today so I am about to be out the door to get them done before everyone starts to show up. I will post results when I can. Photos and vids may wait until later since I won't be back until Sat night late and then will drive to my mom's Sunday to visit my family there. Ya'll have a great weekend and wish me luck!

~Amy
Before you leave you better make a place on the mantle for your trophy. that way you can just carry it in and set it down when you get back:)
WAR AMY:punch:

philips4
07-17-2009, 03:05 PM
GOOD LUCK AMY!!!!!!!! That is great you are competing! Can't wait to hear all about it!

VCURamFan
07-17-2009, 04:35 PM

~AmyWhy does that not surprise me?:blink:

Have a safe trip, I'll see y'all when you get here.

TexasRN
07-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Brought home a silver medal. Here's a couple of pictures.

She had me in side control so I crossfaced her and wrapped my legs around her neck. I didn't really have a submission, it was more a control thing. Her arm was not in the right position to do much.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/TexasRN/pictures/001-1.jpg

I grabbed my foot to bring it up for rubber guard and then tried to transition to the proper ankle hold but she was able to get out of it.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/TexasRN/pictures/003-1.jpg

Me with my silver medal.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/TexasRN/pictures/133.jpg

~Amy

Llamafighter
07-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Awesome some!

Bonnie
07-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey Champ, that's a real pretty necklace you're wearing. :laugh:

Congratulations, Amy! :punch:

VCURamFan
07-20-2009, 03:39 AM
Congrats, Amy! I'm really sorry we never got to hang out Friday night, but I'm really proud that you represented the Forums for me in Richmond!!

Llamafighter
07-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Awesome some!
what the heck? was this guy drinking?!

Bonnie
07-20-2009, 10:26 AM
what the heck? was this guy drinking?!

:laugh:

Well, I just chalked it up to you being excited for Amy, but since you brought it up... :Whistle:

Tyburn
07-20-2009, 11:35 PM
:w00t: welldone Amy!! When you get your gold...and dont want the silver one anymore...just Fed-Ex it to me :laugh:

I Kid, I Kid :happydancing:

surveyorshawn
07-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Congrats Amy! That's an awesome achievement!! I like getting medals more than trophies for sure!! How many people were in your division/weight class? How many fights did you have? Was is BJJ rules or grappling rules?

MattHughesRocks
07-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Way to go Amy! :w00t:

Boomer
07-22-2009, 04:34 AM
WARRRR AMY!!!!!!!!!

:D That is awesome!!!

Tyburn
07-22-2009, 11:37 PM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/669/poster21884675.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/poster21884675.jpg/)

surveyorshawn
07-23-2009, 03:32 AM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/669/poster21884675.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/poster21884675.jpg/)

That's a nice pic!! Amy, you should print that out & frame it & maybe hang it with your medal!...of course hopefully you will have to find space for a whole bunch more medals as well in the near future!!:)