View Full Version : Rampage interview

Maldonado136
05-27-2009, 03:20 AM
pretty funny. he talks about how rashad ducked him and how nobody knew about that.

http://mmamania.com/2009/05/26/rampage-jackson-intends-to-get-his-belt-back-from-la-cheetah-later-this-year-video/

sender
05-27-2009, 04:02 AM
rampage is gonna put a whoopin on rashad... eventualy

Jeff Crow
05-27-2009, 04:27 AM
WAR RAMPAGE!!!! Rashad or "La Cheetah":laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
05-27-2009, 04:34 AM
WAR RAMPAGE!!!! Rashad or "La Cheetah":laugh:
Rampage needs to keep fighting Liddell

Jonlion
05-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Rampage is the man!

I really thing he is the man who can derail Machida.

Rashad is a disciplined counter fighter to to me just played right into Machida's hands. I think Rampage comes out aggressive, throws punches and can maybe get Machida in the clinch or take him down, then put Machida ina posistion he is not used to.

Rampage throws tight hooks and i think is the only man at LHW who could pull the win off, i still maintain he is the best LHW in the division.

We'll see, but i could only see Quinton losing by decision.

Spiritwalker
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Lyoto hasn't lost a round in the UFC.. I don't "really" see him losing one to Quinton.

Quinton comes in.. Lyoto stpes off line.. does that a few times...then does it again.. and takes him OUT....

Lyoto will be the title holder for a LONG time. He is the Anderson Silva of the LHW.

Since Chuck... we have had 4 different title holders.. Lyoto hasn't had a chance to defend, Quinton defended once, Forrest, no, Rashad no.

Buc Nasty
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Rampage is the man!

I really thing he is the man who can derail Machida.

Rashad is a disciplined counter fighter to to me just played right into Machida's hands. I think Rampage comes out aggressive, throws punches and can maybe get Machida in the clinch or take him down, then put Machida ina posistion he is not used to.

Rampage throws tight hooks and i think is the only man at LHW who could pull the win off, i still maintain he is the best LHW in the division.

We'll see, but i could only see Quinton losing by decision.

Agreed.

Rampage and Shogun are the only people I see giving Machida a competitive fight at 205.

Hughes_GOAT
05-27-2009, 04:53 PM
coming into the fight everyone talked about how being aggressive was bad against Machida. so Rashad ran and Machida attacked him. Rampage will get handled easily. he can't check kicks :laugh:

Maldonado136
05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
yeah and imagine how easily he'll get footswept. machida loves his footsweeps

Miss Foxy
05-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Lyoto hasn't lost a round in the UFC.. I don't "really" see him losing one to Quinton.

Quinton comes in.. Lyoto stpes off line.. does that a few times...then does it again.. and takes him OUT....

Lyoto will be the title holder for a LONG time. He is the Anderson Silva of the LHW.

Since Chuck... we have had 4 different title holders.. Lyoto hasn't had a chance to defend, Quinton defended once, Forrest, no, Rashad no.
You got that right!! You hit it on point! I don't see anyone taking that belt anytime soon..

Jonlion
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Rampage lost to a better gameplan against Forrest, and it was CLOSE!

Any rematch, Quinton wins and i do believe he is the most dangerous man in the division still.

Will be interesting to see how Shogun fights next.

Hughes_GOAT
05-27-2009, 05:31 PM
he lost to leg kicks....that's not really much of a plan, yet he couldn't stop Forrest's kicks? he nearly lost to Jardine because of kicks. Machida will smoke Page. Evans was a tougher matchup.

Mac
05-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I dont think SHogun is all he is cracked up to be anymore , Got dominated pretty much by forrest and gassed out on a lackluster win over coleman , i perosnally think he was lucky with chuck , but thats me , i dont see shogun beating lacheetah lol.

Liddellfan
05-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Machida will destroy Rampage when that fight happens....Forrest kicked him until he could barely stand up. Machida's kicks are a lot faster and they come from all different angles when he throws. I see Rampage having a really hard time doing anything to Machida, BUT anything can happen in MMA. If Rampage can get close enough to him and hit him with a shot like he hit Wanderlei, he may KO him.....Just can't see that happening unless machida is having a really bad day...Machida by TKO:punch:

Jonlion
05-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Rampage can do it, he has the KO power and thw willingness to engage.

I'm backing him and ill take any sig bet on it!!!!!!!!!!!

That isnt to say i am not aware that Machida can justa s easily win.

Hughes_GOAT
05-28-2009, 12:47 AM
he engages until he eats a couple of kicks and knees to the body and then crumples!

Buc Nasty
05-28-2009, 01:01 PM
At least he'll engage instead of running forward swinging his arms like a girl in his one and only attack of the fight. Some of you guys are crazy, Rampage is a much tougher test than Rashad.

Llamafighter
05-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm guessing we'll see Rashad vs Shogun, to put either guy back on track.

Jonlion
05-28-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm guessing we'll see Rashad vs Shogun, to put either guy back on track.

Thats a good call, would decide it quite well!

And let me clarify with others, whilst it could go either way i maintain as i always have that Rampage is a better fighter than Forrest and Rashad and will represent Machida's toughest test.

Whatever way, i like both but ill be rooting for Quinton!

clm12704
05-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Whatever way, i like both but ill be rooting for Quinton!

Ivan Drago has something to tell you:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Cvo4jwbe8wE/STzDR5WUmCI/AAAAAAAAByY/I1fiQRABJc4/s400/Ivan_Drago_tif_big.jpg
"You will lose"

Miss Foxy
05-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Line em all up.. Machida aint going down anytime soon.. Sorry for the reality check, but he is way too skilled (especially mentally).:ninja: