View Full Version : Serra: "Matt Hughes Hides Behind Religion"

TheConcretekid
05-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Bloodyelbow has the post here (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/5/13/874113/matt-serra-matt-hughes-hides), which basically just has this video (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=4159600) with Serra's claim:

He's such a dick of a person that he has to hide behind religion to make himself feel better

And this video (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=4159593) with Hughes being the bigger man.

I might remind him of someone who used to pick on him in highschool, I don't know. He doesn't like me for some reason

Luke Thomas of Bloodyelbow offered this little quote:

And suggesting Hughes uses religion as a means to camouflage his vindictiveness is about the most incendiary thing Serra can say short of directly insulting his wife or child.

Serra must hate breathing and living in general

KevinD
05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
There is so much being said right now. Its sad if this is the way he truly feels. I don't know if Serra is trying to market this fight because of possibly getting a percentage of the PPV buys or not. I just find his comments absurd and without merit.

MattHughesRocks
05-13-2009, 05:17 PM
"It was the end of the round, there are knees to the body, and they stop the fight because it looks dramatic"

He got his ass kicked and looked like the fool that he is and he says they stopped it because it "looked dramatic" http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/laughing.gif

He is beyond ridiculous. I can not wait for Sunday the 24th because then Serra will be gone. He just won't have a damned thing to say :laugh:

Crisco
05-13-2009, 05:19 PM
It's sad to see when someone has so much misguided hate in them that they turn it to God and disrespect him.

Matt Serra is a piece of crap and until now I've refrained from really ragging on him but I truly hope that Matt Hughes ends Matt Serra's career.

TheConcretekid
05-13-2009, 05:20 PM
There is so much being said right now. Its sad if this is the way he truly feels. I don't know if Serra is trying to market this fight because of possibly getting a percentage of the PPV buys or not. I just find his comments absurd and without merit.

This has gone beyond normal pre-fight smack talk. This has been going on for like 2+ years, and he's getting progressively worse and more personal

County Mike
05-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Stopped the fight because it looked dramatic? I'm pretty sure they stopped the fight because he verbally tapped due to knee strikes.

Crisco
05-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Stopped the fight because it looked dramatic? I'm pretty sure they stopped the fight because he verbally tapped due to knee strikes.

And his ribs look that they where being ravaged by a polar bear

KENTUCKYREDBONE
05-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Serra is some kind of Militant Atheist or something?

cheachea
05-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Guys, I've siad this before but man I'm honestly praying that Hughes Completely Destroys and Dominates Sarah.:punch:

Miss Foxy
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
It's sad to see when someone has so much misguided hate in them that they turn it to God and disrespect him.

Matt Serra is a piece of crap and until now I've refrained from really ragging on him but I truly hope that Matt Hughes ends Matt Serra's career.
Yes...Truly an arrogant comment. He is so intimidated by Matt as a man, fighter, and a man of god. He's so freakin' pathetic and trashy...

Miss Foxy
05-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Serra is some kind of Militant Atheist or something?
That little sissy probably doesnt even know how to pack his gun! LOL.. He swears he's a big mouth chump from LI.:laugh:

J.B.
05-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Serra is just running his mouth because he is obligated to, I really don't even think he is educated enough to understand how incredibly offensive that is to a person of faith. Serra needs Hughes, not the other way around. Without this fight, Matt Serra is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Let him talk his crap, it don't change the fact that Hughes is a future Hall-of-Fame fighter and Serra will always be a B-Level fighter.

rearnakedchoke
05-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Serra is just running his mouth because he is obligated to, I really don't even think he is educated enough to understand how incredibly offensive that is to a person of faith. Serra needs Hughes, not the other way around. Without this fight, Matt Serra is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Let him talk his crap, it don't change the fact that Hughes is a future Hall-of-Fame fighter and Serra will always be a B-Level fighter.
you are right .. he is trying to make this a big deal because he knows he will lose and he is done in the ufc, his only bargaining chip is to say that he can hype a fight .. i don't think dana will buy it though

Hughes_GOAT
05-13-2009, 07:19 PM
i can feel this thread's hatred flowing through me!!!

mikthehick
05-13-2009, 07:26 PM
"He's such a dick of a person that he has to hide behind religion to make himself feel better"

--said by a true, 100%, USDA Grade, beef BONEHEAD

Matt Serra has yet to surprise me, but he should keep trying.

I'll be writing a book about his stupid comments in the future.

What should I call it?

Crisco
05-13-2009, 07:38 PM
"He's such a dick of a person that he has to hide behind religion to make himself feel better"

What should I call it?

Matt Serra: Made in Douche

Hughes_GOAT
05-13-2009, 07:43 PM
What should I call it?
Dead Man Walking

rearnakedchoke
05-13-2009, 08:18 PM
"It was the end of the round, there are knees to the body, and they stop the fight because it looks dramatic"

He got his ass kicked and looked like the fool that he is and he says they stopped it because it "looked dramatic" http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/laughing.gif

He is beyond ridiculous. I can not wait for Sunday the 24th because then Serra will be gone. He just won't have a damned thing to say :laugh:
LOL .. that's why he was looking to the ref to stop the thing ... hiding behind religion? don't get that though, i would take that to mean someone who is not a very good person and doesn't follow what the religion says and hopes in the end he or she will be saved ... if anything, matt wears his religion on his sleeve so to speak and lives it every day .. but i guess serra has to asy something ..

TheConcretekid
05-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Hughes will be vindicated in a few weeks or so:

"Remember when there was only one set of footprints? Thatís when I had your back and was choking you."

Miss Foxy
05-13-2009, 09:33 PM

What should I call it?
Hes' always using that word huh? He either loves it a lot or doesnt have one... Sorry guys if you get offended he is a shmuck so I cant help ragging on him.:unsure-1:

medic92
05-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Cut poor Serra some slack. Keep in mind that he THINKS he's an incredible talent and it must drive him nuts that while he was having to be a fighter on TUF just to try and regain some relevance, he had to watch Matt Hughes dominate the welterweight division for years in a way Serra could only dream of matching.

He's just a troubled jealous little boy with a huge inferiority complex. He reminds me of a kid I used to know that would start a fight, get beat up and then run away yelling "Chicken!" over his shoulder at whoever beat him up.

Llamafighter
05-14-2009, 01:05 PM
I also hate that Serra says he wants to win for"The good guys". He's trying to take the good guy roll by incessantly talking smack about Hughes? There is no question that Hughes is the good guy in this pairing.

David_Banner
05-14-2009, 01:26 PM
In the fight biz, theres a subculture of idiots that think crap talking and bad blood is what sells a fight. This is what Serras doing and yeah, they're right, in some ways, but what they end up doing is making MMA/Boxing less about the art of combat, and more about taking your aggression out on someones face.

Its kinda shameful because you try and teach kids/people that hating and fighting over different opinions is wrong, but then you see stuff like this where this Hughes/Serra fight is getting built up like some sort of drama filled WWE hate match. Quite the double standard.

Tyburn
05-14-2009, 06:40 PM
its impossible to hide behind religion. :rolleyes:

que
05-16-2009, 06:45 AM
everyone has their own opinion. who cares what he thinks