PDA

View Full Version : Joined a gym

TexasRN
04-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Well as stressful as my life has been lately I decided I needed to go hit something so I found a cool gym right by myhouse to go to and tried out their mma class tonight. OMG, I feel like I got my butt kicked! My shins are all bruised and swollen, my thighs hurt, and the toes on my right foot are cramping up. I love it! :laugh:

One of the instructors told me he is like Matt's 5th biggest fan so I told him about this place and told him to come here. I knew it was the right gym for me when we could sit and talk about Matt and how he is going to kill Serra.

Anyway, I can't promise that I will be able to walk tomorrow and my poor patients are going to be upset that my hands are shaking when I go to get blood from them but it is well worth it. This gym has it all, tomorrow is boxing class. :punch:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
04-17-2009, 01:21 AM
What a cool story Amy!! Your gonna be whooping some fanny real soon!! :wink: Keep it up and tell your instructor he is cool in my eyes!!! :cool:

TexasRN
04-17-2009, 01:39 AM
What a cool story Amy!! Your gonna be whooping some fanny real soon!! :wink: Keep it up and tell your instructor he is cool in my eyes!!! :cool:

I told him my dream was to be a cutman and maybe if I am really nice, he'll hook me up with something. :ninja: If I remember right I think he has a pro record of 15-1 himself. He seemed pretty cool. The other mma instructor was really great too. He definitely does not take it easy on girls. :happydancing:

~Amy

rockdawg21
04-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Cool Amy! They just opened a MMA gym not too far from here, but I've also heard there's one in New Braunfels as well, which isn't far from here either. I was thinking about going and checking it out this summer when I have more free time.

Miss Foxy
04-17-2009, 01:41 AM
I told him my dream was to be a cutman and maybe if I am really nice, he'll hook me up with something. :ninja: If I remember right I think he has a pro record of 15-1 himself. He seemed pretty cool. The other mma instructor was really great too. He definitely does not take it easy on girls. :happydancing:

~Amy
Thats so awesome a cutman!! Yeah they never go easy on us gals even when we bat our lashes! lol...With all these guys on the forum who fight shoot they will know the gal to call!! I would want ya in my corner!! :wink:

TexasRN
04-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Cool Amy! They just opened a MMA gym not too far from here, but I've also heard there's one in New Braunfels as well, which isn't far from here either. I was thinking about going and checking it out this summer when I have more free time.

Do it, do it!!! I am already thinking I may have to skip the 1 1/2 hour boxing class tomorrow night and just make the Saturday BJJ class. I just showered and I could barely get my arms up enough to wash my hair. :unsure-1:

~Amy

mikthehick
04-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Amy, I LOVE BOXING!!!! I'm like a first grader when I talk about this stuff :laugh:

And Dave the head guy taught a week ago, and told us he doesn't take it easy on girls at all. Let us know how it goes :)

TexasRN
04-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Thats so awesome a cutman!! Yeah they never go easy on us gals even when we bat our lashes! lol...With all these guys on the forum who fight shoot they will know the gal to call!! I would want ya in my corner!! :wink:

It is my dream job. :laugh: It may sound silly to some but I'd love to hang out with Stitch for an evening and talk shop.

~Amy

TexasRN
04-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Amy, I LOVE BOXING!!!! I'm like a first grader when I talk about this stuff :laugh:

And Dave the head guy taught a week ago, and told us he doesn't take it easy on girls at all. Let us know how it goes :)

I can't wait until I have the stamina to go to all the classes. It'll help me gain some weigh too. I can't gain fat so muscle is all I can hope for.

~Amy

mikthehick
04-17-2009, 02:14 AM
I can't wait until I have the stamina to go to all the classes. It'll help me gain some weigh too. I can't gain fat so muscle is all I can hope for.

~Amy

Giirrrrl, if you need some fat let me know! I'm working on decreasing the size of my butt as we speak :laugh:

The classes are awes tho, i did put on some weight over Christmas, but first I muscle up, then I lose the excess fat. Down 10 pounds so far this year, so what about 3.5 months yet. I think by summer I'll be down 10 more at a weight I would love to possibly fight at. We'll see. You'll gain a ton of muscle once you go 2-3x a week. I'm doing 3 hrs on M and W right now, and running on the off days....well, today was the first day of running :cool:

Will ya also take MT?

TexasRN
04-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Giirrrrl, if you need some fat let me know! I'm working on decreasing the size of my butt as we speak :laugh:

The classes are awes tho, i did put on some weight over Christmas, but first I muscle up, then I lose the excess fat. Down 10 pounds so far this year, so what about 3.5 months yet. I think by summer I'll be down 10 more at a weight I would love to possibly fight at. We'll see. You'll gain a ton of muscle once you go 2-3x a week. I'm doing 3 hrs on M and W right now, and running on the off days....well, today was the first day of running :cool:

Will ya also take MT?

They don't have MT there. Which is a downside but hey, the place can't be perfect or I'd move in.

~Amy

County Mike
04-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Awesome!

We should roll sometime. ;)

Crisco
04-17-2009, 11:42 AM

Will ya also take MT?

Why on earth would any woman do that?

Llamafighter
04-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Amy, good for you! You're going to get so addicted. I still have problems with my toes cramping up doing Muay Thai. I guess it's getting used ot fighting barefoot. Love every bump and bruise you get, they're like awards:)

AS far as the cutman job, I think (from what I know of you) that would be an awesome job for you. You could revolutionize the job like Stitch did!

WAR AMY!

mikthehick
04-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Why on earth would any woman do that?

If you are referring to losing 20 pounds, it's just that I really need to, especially since I want to visit the beach a few times this summer.

And unlike a great majority of females, most of that was in my bum--some people can also store fat in their legs, belly, chest, etc. Most of mine was on the posterior. I'll still have a good one when done, just much more toned and subtracted with 20 pounds :)

Crisco
04-17-2009, 12:46 PM
If you are referring to losing 20 pounds, it's just that I really need to, especially since I want to visit the beach a few times this summer.

And unlike a great majority of females, most of that was in my bum--some people can also store fat in their legs, belly, chest, etc. Most of mine was on the posterior. I'll still have a good one when done, just much more toned and subtracted with 20 pounds :)

This is acceptable

mikthehick
04-17-2009, 03:57 PM
This is acceptable

I'm relieved that you approve of my weight loss plan:rpg013:

County Mike
04-17-2009, 04:13 PM

Need before and after pics of said bum.

Crisco
04-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Need before and after pics of said bum.

Was my next post.

We are of one mind.

Pic's or it didn't happen.

mikthehick
04-17-2009, 04:31 PM
You've got it. I was wearing shorts and a bra top in my first picture. Maybe I'll put it up on myspace since I don't know if that's appropriate for here.

Give me a few more weeks and I'll take an after. With the weather the way it is, this last 10 # may happen sooner!

Crisco
04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
You've got it. I was wearing shorts and a bra top in my first picture. Maybe I'll put it up on myspace since I don't know if that's appropriate for here.

Give me a few more weeks and I'll take an after. With the weather the way it is, this last 10 # may happen sooner!

Minx

Crisco
04-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Said pix not located on said myspace

xSubmission
04-17-2009, 11:56 PM
train train train!
24/7 365

TexasRN
04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
train train train!
24/7 365

A girl's gotta have a life too. I will be back at it on Monday.

~Amy

xSubmission
04-18-2009, 01:29 AM
A girl's gotta have a life too. I will be back at it on Monday.

~Amy
Trade you social life...greatness requires sacrifice!

TexasRN
04-18-2009, 02:13 AM
Trade you social life...greatness requires sacrifice!

I am already great at so many things that it would be a crime to add mma to my list.

~Amy

Llamafighter
04-18-2009, 04:01 AM
I am already great at so many things that it would be a crime to add mma to my list.

~Amy

:angry: plus it's not fair to all of us mediocre types.

:laugh: :laugh:

TexasRN
04-22-2009, 01:09 AM
My mma instructor said I could use his name here so I will shamelessly give a shout out to him for letting me get my butt kicked in his class. His name is Al "Spawn" Simmons. He's a cool guy and I know he's already been reading up on Matt's blog. He promised to check in here when he gets a chance.

So tonight there was a girl in the class who has been going a while. She was good. She tapped me out a few times when we rolled at the end of class but I didn't make it easy for her. I can't promise I will be able to move tomorrow after sleeping all night but I have JJ class tomorrow that I have to go to. I am so worn out, I had to order pizza and I'm so lazy that I didn't even call it in. I online ordered it. :laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
04-22-2009, 01:10 AM
:angry: plus it's not fair to all of us mediocre types.

You're great too, Mark. Maybe karaoke is your thing. We'll find out in Vegas won't we?:happydancing:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
04-22-2009, 06:28 AM
So have you got a belt yet? :unsure-1:

VCURamFan
04-22-2009, 06:33 AM
So have you got a belt yet? :unsure-1:Well if she's doing gi, then I'd assume she's got the white belt that comes with the gi. If she's doing no-gi, I don't think they do belts.

All this specualtion means nothing, of course, 'cause Amy'll just come on in the morning & tell me I'm completely wrong anyhow!:laugh:

TexasRN
04-22-2009, 11:44 AM
So have you got a belt yet? :unsure-1:

This isn't a belt program. I don't care about belts anyway. I am not even looking to compete. This is about pushing myself and not the external rewards.

I gotta see if I've got heart, Michelle. I have been told that my heart doesn't even exist. :wacko:

~Amy

TexasRN
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Well if she's doing gi, then I'd assume she's got the white belt that comes with the gi. If she's doing no-gi, I don't think they do belts.

All this specualtion means nothing, of course, 'cause Amy'll just come on in the morning & tell me I'm completely wrong anyhow!:laugh:

Haha, Ben knows his place. Smack a man enough and he falls into line.....

It is no-gi. No belts. And no-gi means some of the guys wear those skin tight shirts in class. :w00t:

~Amy

Llamafighter
04-22-2009, 12:02 PM
This isn't a belt program. I don't care about belts anyway. I am not even looking to compete. This is about pushing myself and not the external rewards.

I gotta see if I've got heart, Michelle. I have been told that my heart doesn't even exist. :wacko:

~Amy

That is awesome! (not the part about having no heart) the seeing how far you can push yourself. Rock on!

County Mike
04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I used to wear the rash guards, but they gave me a rash.

Primadawn
04-22-2009, 01:36 PM

~Amy

Yet another reason we're friends Amy! I've been told the same thing! I told the person that said it that he hurt my one feeling...:laugh:

Llamafighter
04-22-2009, 01:51 PM
You're great too, Mark. Maybe karaoke is your thing. We'll find out in Vegas won't we?:happydancing:

~Amy

:wink: You have no idea...!

TexasRN
04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I used to wear the rash guards, but they gave me a rash.

I will go on the record now and formally announce that I am against any and all rashes. No exceptions.

~Amy

TexasRN
04-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Yet another reason we're friends Amy! I've been told the same thing! I told the person that said it that he hurt my one feeling...:laugh:

I have feelings, just not where other people are concerned. :D

~Amy

mikthehick
04-23-2009, 04:03 AM
Said pix not located on said myspace

ugh, Cris, read!!! I said give me a few weeks ;) People don't lose weight and tone up overnight you know....

VCURamFan
04-23-2009, 04:05 AM
ugh, Cris, read!!! I said give me a few weeks ;) People don't lose weight and tone up overnight you know....Ummm, that's what happens in the movies...:blink:

mikthehick
04-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Ummm, that's what happens in the movies...:blink:

I'm not part of a movie or Hollywood, I'm real and so is my body :w00t:

VCURamFan
04-23-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm not part of a movie or Hollywood, I'm real and so is my body :w00t: Well that just brings us to the standard forum response:

Pics or shens!!!!:laugh:

philips4
04-23-2009, 05:37 AM

~Amy

Okay, so cool you are doing those classes! Way to go! I've been doing bjj for 6 years and love it, wish there were some girls in my class though! Oh wait, I'm complaining about rolling w/ a bunch of men in tight shirts?! I mean, lucky me I'm the only girl! Ummm, you can't gain weight?! And this is a problem?! Its called you are lucky, hang w/ me in Vegas, I eat like a pig and you will gain just by being near me (just don't get your fingers near me when desserts are around, they are my weakness):scared0011:
Christie

County Mike
04-23-2009, 11:05 AM
I will go on the record now and formally announce that I am against any and all rashes. No exceptions.

~Amy

Was only kidding about the rash guards giving me a rash.

I didn't even realize we have another lady in here. Christie Phillips is a jiu jitsu chick? Sweet.

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Okay, so cool you are doing those classes! Way to go! I've been doing bjj for 6 years and love it, wish there were some girls in my class though! Oh wait, I'm complaining about rolling w/ a bunch of men in tight shirts?! I mean, lucky me I'm the only girl! Ummm, you can't gain weight?! And this is a problem?! Its called you are lucky, hang w/ me in Vegas, I eat like a pig and you will gain just by being near me (just don't get your fingers near me when desserts are around, they are my weakness):scared0011:
Christie

Oh I eat, it just doesn't go anywhere. You're going to Vegas? Awesome!!

I get to go to a Saturday class now that isn't on the normal schedule since they are gearing up for a competition. I figure I need to take off tonight and tomorrow and let my body rest and then jump into that class. It is just open mat time so it's a time for learning and trying new things I guess. I am really bruised and banged up. I see it all as battle scars and a sign of how willing I am to get in there and really do the class and not sit and giggle over it. The girls at work think I'm crazy. The guys at the gym all seem very cool and respectful but relaxed with me so it's great.

~Amy

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Was only kidding about the rash guards giving me a rash.

I didn't even realize we have another lady in here. Christie Phillips is a jiu jitsu chick? Sweet.

Mike, I never worry about you having rashes. :wink:

~Amy

philips4
04-23-2009, 09:43 PM
I didn't even realize we have another lady in here. Christie Phillips is a jiu jitsu chick? Sweet.[/QUOTE]

Yep, another gal in here...so feel free to post more of those pictures of Matt without his shirt on! :Whistle:

philips4
04-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh I eat, it just doesn't go anywhere. You're going to Vegas? Awesome!!

I get to go to a Saturday class now that isn't on the normal schedule since they are gearing up for a competition. I figure I need to take off tonight and tomorrow and let my body rest and then jump into that class. It is just open mat time so it's a time for learning and trying new things I guess. I am really bruised and banged up. I see it all as battle scars and a sign of how willing I am to get in there and really do the class and not sit and giggle over it. The girls at work think I'm crazy. The guys at the gym all seem very cool and respectful but relaxed with me so it's great.

~Amy

Yep, going to Vegas, wouldn't miss the fight! It will be my third time I've seen Matt fight live! Waaaaa hoooooooo I can't wait! Will try and find you guys at Imperial Palace or whatever you decide to do. Ummm, so how do we recognize other forum members?! Is there a secret handshake I need to learn? :ninja:

Miss Foxy
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM

Yep, another gal in here...so feel free to post more of those pictures of Matt without his shirt on! :Whistle:[/QUOTE]
Cool!! We are gaining a majority in here ladies.. All in favor of some topless Matt???!!!

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Yep, going to Vegas, wouldn't miss the fight! It will be my third time I've seen Matt fight live! Waaaaa hoooooooo I can't wait! Will try and find you guys at Imperial Palace or whatever you decide to do. Ummm, so how do we recognize other forum members?! Is there a secret handshake I need to learn? :ninja:

Boomer is making us wear special hats. :unsure-1: I'm kidding. Most of us know what the others look like I think. We'll get it all figured out when it gets closer to time though.

It's very cool that you've seen him fight that many times. I was at the first GSP/Serra fight in Houston and Matt was there but he didn't fight of course. I did meet him at an autograph signing that trip though. He doesn't remember meeting me there. I was just another crazed fan to him that day.

~Amy

County Mike
04-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Yep, another gal in here...so feel free to post more of those pictures of Matt without his shirt on! :Whistle:
Cool!! We are gaining a majority in here ladies.. All in favor of some topless Matt???!!![/QUOTE]

You changed your name.

Miss Foxy
04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Cool!! We are gaining a majority in here ladies.. All in favor of some topless Matt???!!!

You changed your name.[/QUOTE]
Yeah here's the short version.. co-worker typed my first & last name in google images= showed my avatar on forum. Too close for comfort, but thats my bad for using my real name..:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
04-24-2009, 07:01 PM
TWINS! :w00t:

I was just kidding about the belt anyway seeing I have no idea and don't really even care about what they mean :laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
05-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Went to mma tonight. Instructor did round robin, full gear, full force with the guys. I didn't have a mouthpiece or anything so he didn't hit me but had me in his guard so I could get a little GnP going. Then we went a round in the ring. I busted my right hand up pretty good. My right ring finger is swollen and went numb a while back. I can still move it so it isn't broken but it sure hurts like heck.

Oh and I got myself a cut man gig on the 16th!!! I can't wait to get my hands into a bloody mess and fix it up so the fight can continue.

~Amy

VCURamFan
05-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Went to mma tonight. Instructor did round robin, full gear, full force with the guys. I didn't have a mouthpiece or anything so he didn't hit me but had me in his guard so I could get a little GnP going. Then we went a round in the ring. I busted my right hand up pretty good. My right ring finger is swollen and went numb a while back. I can still move it so it isn't broken but it sure hurts like heck.

Oh and I got myself a cut man gig on the 16th!!! I can't wait to get my hands into a bloody mess and fix it up so the fight can continue.

~AmyThat's fantastic!! What fights are they? I graduate on the 16th, so if I can get home in time to watch the fights online, I'll look for ya!

TexasRN
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
That's fantastic!! What fights are they? I graduate on the 16th, so if I can get home in time to watch the fights online, I'll look for ya!

I'll get the name of them for you then. I know it is a mixed event with boxing and mma here in Raleigh.

~Amy

Llamafighter
05-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I'll get the name of them for you then. I know it is a mixed event with boxing and mma here in Raleigh.

~Amy

Congrats Amy! The cutman job is fascinating. Remember, youcan't scream for "more elbow" just so you'll have cuts to deal with;)

Miss Foxy
05-01-2009, 01:07 PM

~Amy
OMG!! Im so happy for you Amy!!! Woot, Woot!!:w00t: Your definitely the gal for the job!!

VCURamFan
05-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey Amy!!! I got you a little present:

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/marvineastmanufc.jpg

Here's hoping you get to play with one of these babies!!!

TexasRN
05-11-2009, 01:46 AM
I hurt my chest in class on Thursday. Hasn't gotten better, has actually gotten worse since I did class on Sat. and then drove 3 hours to my mom's yesterday and the 3 hours back today. Went to urgent care and the doc said I have costochondritis and that I am grounded from JJ and MMA for 7 days. There are 2 good things that come from this: 1) my bruises will heal in time for Vegas so I don't look like a battered wife and 2) I have proven that I don't break. :laugh:

~Amy

County Mike
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Get better soon.

Just did some googling:

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. The condition causes localized chest pain that you can reproduce by pushing on the cartilage in the front of your ribcage. Costochondritis is a relatively harmless condition and usually goes away without treatment. The cause is usually unknown.

I had that before but I know the cause. I was cheating on my bench presses. I let the bar bounce off my chest for each rep.

TexasRN
05-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Get better soon.

Just did some googling:

I had that before but I know the cause. I was cheating on my bench presses. I let the bar bounce off my chest for each rep.

The cause of mine was doing a takedown and landing wrong. I got him down though. :laugh:

~Amy

Crisco
05-11-2009, 02:45 PM
The cause of mine was doing a takedown and landing wrong. I got him down though. :laugh:

~Amy

You know there are better ways to meet men Amy.

TexasRN
05-11-2009, 06:57 PM
You know there are better ways to meet men Amy.

Really? So far the ones at the gym are the most fun to tackle. :w00t:

~Amy

Llamafighter
05-11-2009, 07:42 PM

~Amy

Glad you're having fun! Did they give you any thing for the pain or are you jsut being a bada$$ and dealing with it?

I went knee to knee with my teacher on Friday night and now I got a big purple bruise on the inside of my right knee. I love the war wounds

Crisco
05-11-2009, 07:42 PM

~Amy

Lol. Whatever floats your boat haha.

TexasRN
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Glad you're having fun! Did they give you any thing for the pain or are you jsut being a bada$$ and dealing with it?

I went knee to knee with my teacher on Friday night and now I got a big purple bruise on the inside of my right knee. I love the war wounds

The urgent care doc insisted on giving me pain meds. Mmmmkay....

~Amy

TexasRN
05-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Lol. Whatever floats your boat haha.

:Whistle:

~Amy

Llamafighter
05-12-2009, 12:43 AM
The urgent care doc insisted on giving me pain meds. Mmmmkay....

~Amy

for the twisted arm;)?

TexasRN
05-12-2009, 01:54 AM
for the twisted arm;)?

:ninja: Hey, I am a compliant patient. I do what the doctor says.:laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
05-12-2009, 06:10 PM
:ninja: Hey, I am a compliant patient. I do what the doctor says.:laugh:

~AmyAnyone wanna play doctor?:Whistle:

Crisco