PDA

View Full Version : chocolate milk and penutbutter instead of supplements?

Jason 16
03-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I saw on the news that some group did a study and said that you can get as much gain form drinking a glass of chocolate milk and eating a penutbutter sandwich as you would from takeing most supplements from GNC.

Is there any truth to this if so I pissed away a lot of money.

Crisco
03-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I saw on the news that some group did a study and said that you can get as much gain form drinking a glass of chocolate milk and eating a penutbutter sandwich as you would from takeing most supplements from GNC.

In some circles they believe it. www.rosstraining.com is great for info on stuff like this. Most of the people their are really educated on the subject.

bradwright
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM

not sure about the peanut butter but chocolate milk is very good for you.

bradwright
03-25-2009, 09:18 PM

not sure about chocolate milk but peanut butter is very good for you.

County Mike
03-25-2009, 09:59 PM
They are both full of nutrients. Since most supplements are crap, it's probably true.

Chris F
03-25-2009, 10:14 PM

Quick grab a cup and drink that pee rumor has it, it is a secret weapon for some. :wink:

logrus
03-25-2009, 10:16 PM
They are both full of nutrients. Since most supplements are crap, it's probably true.

True, but what supplements are they actually referring to. Not only that bt GNC does sell a ton of crap.

As for me I call B.S only cause when I drink choco milk and eat peanutbutter I get major poops. So in my defense those supps are better.

County Mike
03-26-2009, 12:35 AM
True, but what supplements are they actually referring to. Not only that bt GNC does sell a ton of crap.

As for me I call B.S only cause when I drink choco milk and eat peanutbutter I get major poops. So in my defense those supps are better.

Maybe the major poops is a benefit. Some good fiber, etc.

Most likely though, you have a touch of lactose intolerance and that's why you get the poops after drinking milk.

Oddtodd76
03-26-2009, 01:26 AM
My chocolate milk has more protein and less fat than my white milk! My mom was lying to me all these years! LOL!
Since that is true...Milkshakes have definitely got to be even better for ya!

Chuck
03-26-2009, 04:19 AM
That would be awesome if it's true but I'm not too optomistic.. :wink:

County Mike
03-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I really do consume a lot of chocolate milk and peanut butter. Hasn't been a negative to me so far.

Maybe not a LOT, but I do enjoy it from time to time. Especially the chocolate milk. Foot long hoagie and a quart of chocolate milk is a fairly common lunch for me.

Llamafighter
03-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Hmmm you know I always had endless energy and stayed in great shape when I was 10. I pretty much lived off of chocolate milk and peanut butter...:laugh: