PDA

View Full Version : Your Local Arachnids

Tyburn
09-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Sooo...today I came across a White Marbled Orb Weaver Arachnid, and it got me wondering...you guys in the US have lots of different spiders dont you...which are native....I would encourage you to go and take a picture of your local arachnid, find out what its called and post it here...I would love to see them

...I remember that Denise once posted a picture of a cotton spider or something that lived on her door step! :laugh:

kevint13
09-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Ummmm....no thanks. Me and spiders and me and snakes can live without each other, so there will be no pictures from me :laugh:

I have a bigger issue with snakes, but not a fan of spiders either.

Bonnie
09-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Ummmm....no thanks. Me and spiders and me and snakes can live without each other, so there will be no pictures from me :laugh:

I have a bigger issue with snakes, but not a fan of spiders either.

Me too, Kevin! :laugh: I'd just as soon not see my "local arachnid". :laugh:

Talking about arachnids reminds me of this show they have on the Animal Planet called "Infested". It's where people's homes have been taken over by spiders, rats, roaches, snakes...you name it! What a nightmare! :scared:

Bonnie
09-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Sooo...today I came across a White Marbled Orb Weaver Arachnid, and it got me wondering...you guys in the US have lots of different spiders dont you...which are native....I would encourage you to go and take a picture of your local arachnid, find out what its called and post it here...I would love to see them

...I remember that Denise once posted a picture of a cotton spider or something that lived on her door step! :laugh:

I went and looked up a picture of it, Dave. Fall is around the corner, how about a nice picture of the beautiful Fall leaves instead? :unsure-1: :laugh:

Tyburn
09-26-2012, 09:31 AM
I went and looked up a picture of it, Dave. Fall is around the corner, how about a nice picture of the beautiful Fall leaves instead? :unsure-1: :laugh:

:laugh:

Well if you look in the "Nidd Gorge" thread you can see me walking through the woods in the fall :laugh: