View Full Version : fight science - fedor choke

warriorlion
03-24-2009, 10:25 PM
http://www.mmatko.com/sport-science-fedor-gets-choke-strength-tested/

this is insane

500lbs of pressure. dude collapses the dummies head

Bonnie
03-24-2009, 11:36 PM
That was very interesting. It was kind of different watching someone deliberately allow themselves to get choked out and watching it happen in a fight.

I think it was scarier watching this. Just 4 secs, wow! :scared0015:

Black Mamba
03-24-2009, 11:54 PM
This was scary. :scared0015: I'm in total disbelief....500 lbs of pressure. Holy fish sticks. I'll have to watch the entire episode on tv later too.

And I might as well come out and admit it, but Fedor draped with that snake was hot. When I get the time, I'm going to have to hunt me down a picture of that. :D

Chuck
03-25-2009, 03:39 AM
That was pretty interesting that's for sure. I do think that the python got a raw deal though.

I have no doubt that the snake can squeeze harder then that.... maybe not as hard as Fedor but I'm sure it can do better then it showed in the video. :wink:

Neezar
03-25-2009, 11:16 AM
That was pretty interesting that's for sure. I do think that the python got a raw deal though.

I have no doubt that the snake can squeeze harder then that.... maybe not as hard as Fedor but I'm sure it can do better then it showed in the video. :wink:

Stop with the Jealousy, Chuck.

:laugh:

County Mike
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun.

Tyburn
03-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Not really a fair test because the snake didnt appear to be constricting around the prey. No need...the rat was dead, and it just seemed sorta drapped rather then annoyed or needing to exert any true force. Also, there wasnt a dead rat trapped between the neck and Fedors arm during his constriction was there :laugh:

Also...you would have to repeat it several times, at several times a day, for several days, then you'd get a truer value LOL

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
This was on fight science? I can't find a youtube of it so I gues I'll jsut wait. The link doesn't work for me.

Moose
03-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I like how Fedor cradles the host's body after choking him out. It's almost dare I say motherly.

Chuck
03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Not really a fair test because the snake didnt appear to be constricting around the prey. No need...the rat was dead, and it just seemed sorta drapped rather then annoyed or needing to exert any true force. Also, there wasnt a dead rat trapped between the neck and Fedors arm during his constriction was there :laugh:

Also...you would have to repeat it several times, at several times a day, for several days, then you'd get a truer value LOL

EXACTLY!!! I just didn't want to type all that!!!! :laugh:

The thing to remember about the python is that it's all about energy conservation. It will squeeze it's victim just enough to kill it.. no more, no less. So with a rat in only needs a certain amount of pressure so that's all the harder it squeezed. :wink:

Neezar
03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
After the guy wakes up Fedor asks, "Do you like it?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 02:54 PM
My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun.
LOL!!!!! Upon reading this I laughed so hard my Starbucks drink spilled all over my new jeans!! No you didnt take us back 2 Baby got back!! Only you Mike only you!!:laugh:

Crisco
03-25-2009, 03:18 PM
LOL!!!!! Upon reading this I wanted so hard my Crisco, spilled all over my new jeans!! No you didnt take me back Baby, but I want you back!! Only you Crisco only you!!:frantics:

:Whistle:

Crisco
03-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Also Fedor looks so cuddelly.

He is getting fat.

CAVEMAN
03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Cool vid! Did they find out if Fedor is a robot? :laugh: :Whistle:

Tyburn
03-25-2009, 06:02 PM

:laugh: your so naughty :laugh:

Black Mamba
03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
My day has been made. :D Thank you God.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/elnegromamba/abk0vk.jpg

But I do agree with Chuck and Dave were saying about the snake. He did get the raw end. A constrictor that's around 10 feet long can put out approximately 90 lbs psi and they can maintain that squeeze much longer. I would be highly interested in seeing the psi of a full grown green anaconda or reticulated python, then comparing that to Fedor's numbers.

Hughes_GOAT
04-05-2009, 05:43 AM
My day has been made. :D Thank you God.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/elnegromamba/abk0vk.jpg

But I do agree with Chuck and Dave were saying about the snake. He did get the raw end. A constrictor that's around 10 feet long can put out approximately 90 lbs psi and they can maintain that squeeze much longer. I would be highly interested in seeing the psi of a full grown green anaconda or reticulated python, then comparing that to Fedor's numbers.

Fedor used to choke out these snakes when he was a baby.

Hughes_GOAT
04-05-2009, 07:58 AM
since we're talking about snakes

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/67869-2/Snake_bites_model.gif

Hughes_GOAT
04-05-2009, 08:00 AM

that's what she said:unsure-1:

Neezar
04-05-2009, 12:25 PM

:scared0011: I'll wager anyone touching my arm today gets clocked!:frantics:

County Mike
04-05-2009, 12:51 PM

What the heck was that woman thinking? Everyone knows if a woman is going to pose seductively with a snake she has to be naked or it will bite her.

rockdawg21
04-05-2009, 02:07 PM

I saw a video once where they had a 6 foot anaconda put pressure on duck that was fitted with many sensors. The equivalent pressure was that of 2 school buses on your chest. I couldn't imagine what one of the 30-footers would feel like. Massive snakes like the anaconda and reticulated python are arguably the most dangerous predator and most powerful animal on the whole planet.

Chuck
04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I saw a video once where they had a 6 foot anaconda put pressure on duck that was fitted with many sensors. The equivalent pressure was that of 2 school buses on your chest. I couldn't imagine what one of the 30-footers would feel like. Massive snakes like the anaconda and reticulated python are arguably the most dangerous predator and most powerful animal on the whole planet.

When if comes to muscles per square inch... nothing comes even close..

Neezar
04-05-2009, 08:18 PM
When if comes to muscles per square inch... nothing comes even close..

...to Fedor.

Hughes_GOAT
04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
...to Fedor.

:cool: