PDA

View Full Version : what a joke.

bradwright
03-24-2009, 04:54 PM
as a Canadian i would have to say Fox news knows absolutely
nothing about Canada or our military,
this is very disrespectful to our soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk&feature=related

Crisco
03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
summary?

can't look at youtube at the work

Preach
03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Brad I love to watch Fox news and consider them the most fair in a long list of news sources. I will say this though although I enjoy making jokes concerning the Canadians I do feel they deserve respect. I for one along with a ton of other people thank your country for standing with us Americans on the war against Terrorism. I don't take lightly the lives that your country has lost in this war and consider them heros

NateR
03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Red Eye is not a hard-news program. It's satire in the same vein as The Daily Show. The whole point of that show's existence is to be funny and to insult people.:laugh:

logrus
03-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Canada has a Military?

Geez the things I learn on the Hughes Forums.

P.S Crisco more work, Less Matt Hughes Forums..

Crisco
03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Canada has a Military?

Geez the things I learn on the Hughes Forums.

P.S Crisco more work, Less Matt Hughes Forums..

pfft f that

bradwright
03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Red Eye is not a hard-news program. It's satire in the same vein as The Daily Show. The whole point of that show's existence is to be funny and to insult people.:laugh:
really?,some things Nate you dont joke about on a news program,
i know you wouldn't put up with it if it was your military.

NateR
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
really?,some things Nate you dont joke about on a news program,
i know you wouldn't put up with it if it was your military.

It's satire, it's supposed to sting a little bit. As a former Army guy, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Even if it was about our military, I would take it in the lighthearted tone that it was obviously intended. I don't believe that they were disrespecting the soldiers, just the comments from the leadership.

In other words, lighten up! It's just a joke. If it bothers you that badly, then why complain about it here? Go talk to the people who make the program:
http://www.foxnews.com/redeye/index.html

In fact, I think they're waiting for you:
Does Greg make your boils boil? Don't just sit there. Get off your ass and e-mail: redeye@foxnews.com

:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
03-24-2009, 06:43 PM
As a Canadian, it really didn't bother me .. there are always people that will upset you by accident, and there are people that try to upset you .. if you let all the people that bothered you, actually bother you, you'd be constantly fighting an uphill battle ...

medic92
03-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Fuel to the fire...

CANADIAN WARSHIP SEIZES TANKER IN... WAIT...CANADA HAS A WARSHIP?
Oh Right, and Switzerland Has Nuclear Weapons (http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml)

Arabian Sea (SatireWire.com) Canadian television reported Friday that a Canadian warship in the Arabian Sea had seized a tanker suspected of smuggling oil from Iraq, leading many to suspect that the report was a hoax.

"You're kidding, right? Canada has a warship?" asked U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Like for war?

"Does Canada know?" he added.

"Nobody was more stunned than we were," said Kali Omari, first mate of the seized vessel. "We saw this frigate steaming toward us, and we were worried, but then we saw the maple leaf on the flag, and we thought, 'Oh, Canadians. What the hell do they want?'"

When an officer of the HMCS Vancouver announced that the tanker was about to be boarded, the crew of the detained ship was confused, said Omari, but their confusion quickly turned to anger when they saw what the Canadians sailors were carrying.

"They were armed. With guns," said Omari. "Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?"

"They were pretty rude, too," Omari added. "They started asking us all sorts of questions, like 'Where did that oil come from?' But first we wanted to know who gave them the damn warship."

According to Canadian defense officials, the Vancouver is one of four frigates deployed in the region to assist in the U.S.-led Afghanistan conflict. The tanker was stopped, officials said, because its cargo of crude oil violated United Nations sanctions, which prohibit Iraq from selling oil unless in exchange for food and medicine.

The U.N. said the incident is already under investigation, and promised swift action against those found responsible for giving the Canadians guns. Initial findings indicate that the Vancouver crew may have been watching too many American television shows.
RECOMMEND
THIS PAGE

Copyright 2002, SatireWire.

bradwright
03-24-2009, 06:45 PM
It's satire, it's supposed to sting a little bit. As a former Army guy, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Even if it was about our military, I would take it in the lighthearted tone that it was obviously intended. I don't believe that they were disrespecting the soldiers, just the comments from the leadership.

In other words, lighten up! It's just a joke. If it bothers you that badly, then why complain about it here? Go talk to the people who make the program:
http://www.foxnews.com/redeye/index.html

In fact, I think they're waiting for you:

if you really think thats a acceptable joke ,then you amaze me.

as far as bringing it up here,why not bring it up here?

maybe i should let a few Bush jokes loose,or is that not the same type of humor?

medic92
03-24-2009, 06:51 PM

maybe i should let a few Bush jokes loose,or is that not the same type of humor?

Attacking a single person such as Bush would probably not fly, but if you have satirical writings concerning America in general or our military, I'm sure it would be well-received. I'm a veteran and I've never had a problem with jokes and satire about our military.

bradwright
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Attacking a single person such as Bush would probably not fly, but if you have satirical writings concerning America in general or our military, I'm sure it would be well-received. I'm a veteran and I've never had a problem with jokes and satire about our military.
so the Bush Administration would be fair game then,

medic92
03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
so the Bush Administration would be fair game then,

I couldn't care less what you do personally. I think you're reaching pretty far to find something to offend you. Did you get mad at the Mackenzie brothers for their bits too? Just what is your threshold for being righteously indignant over someone satirizing Canada?

bradwright
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
I couldn't care less what you do personally. I think you're reaching pretty far to find something to offend you. Did you get mad at the Mackenzie brothers for their bits too? Just what is your threshold for being righteously indignant over someone satirizing Canada?
the problem i have is with the ignorant view that they have of the topic,

they should check a few facts before they start spouting off,

as far as the Mackenzie brothers go?
they didn't represent a news organization.

Miss Foxy
03-24-2009, 07:06 PM
With all due respect to everyones opinions and feelings this is a private forum paid for by Mr. Matt Hughes who obviously trusts and respects Nate to monitor the activity. With that being said we all have different walks and paths of life not always agreeing or seeing eye to eye on topics such as religion, politics, and GSP :) I must add that even though I do not agree always with what is being posted even its clearly one-sided we must not go up against Nate. Its not that us forum members are being oppressed its just that there is a time and place for such discussions and this forum ultimately has some sort of reflection on Mr. Hughes and I would hate for his image to be tampered with. Keep smiling and remember
"Its is what it is."

Crisco
03-24-2009, 07:07 PM
the problem i have is with the ignorant view that they have of the topic,

they should check a few facts before they start spouting off,

It's a satire... Will Ferrel just did an entire 1 hr special goofing on President Bush.

bradwright
03-24-2009, 07:11 PM
With all due respect to everyones opinions and feelings this is a private forum paid for by Mr. Matt Hughes who obviously trusts and respects Nate to monitor the activity. With that being said we all have different walks and paths of life not always agreeing or seeing eye to eye on topics such as religion, politics, and GSP :) I must add that even though I do not agree always with what is being posted even its clearly one-sided we must not go up against Nate. Its not that us forum members are being oppressed its just that there is a time and place for such discussions and this forum ultimately has some sort of reflection on Mr. Hughes and I would hate for his image to be tampered with. Keep smiling and remember
"Its is what it is."
what?:unsure-1:

Miss Foxy
03-24-2009, 07:12 PM
what?:unsure-1:
What? What?

bradwright
03-24-2009, 07:14 PM
It's a satire... Will Ferrel just did an entire 1 hr special goofing on President Bush.

come on now,Ferrel can get away with anything,
besides,i'm not sure anyone bothered to watch it besides the two of us,

NateR
03-24-2009, 07:16 PM

Hey, my dad was a Vietnam vet and our entire family grew up as big fans of the television program M*A*S*H which was all about making fun of the military and anti-war themes. We understood that it was humor and took it as such. Even when I was in the military, I always enjoyed programs that poked fun at the military. You just have to keep your tongue firmly in cheek and be prepared to laugh at yourself.

If someone had posted a link to that video and started a thread solely for the purpose of bashing the Canadian military, then that thread would have been deleted. However, the only person who is making big deal out of this is the only person who seems to be offended by it. Thus, it just doesn't really feel like that big of a deal.

Crisco
03-24-2009, 07:18 PM
besides,i'm not sure anyone bothered to watch it besides the two of us,

I actually didn't get the time...

I was a Bush supporter for a long time and gave him credit for what he did right instead of wrong.

My point is though you shoulnd't let it get to you... Are you a veteran? Do you know any vets who where offended?

If not that is just like those bleeding hearts that took down the "Japs Surrender" newspaper.

NateR
03-24-2009, 07:20 PM

So, if Will Ferrell was making fun of your country's military, then you would be fine with it? :blink:

bradwright
03-24-2009, 07:24 PM
What? What?
i'm not sure what it is your trying to say,
i already know who pays for the site,
and if your trying to say no one can ever disagree with Nate then whats the point of the whole thing,
different view points on any subject is healthy,
that is how we learn from each other,
Nate knows i dont mean any disrespect to him or Matt or anyone else here,
and just because i dont stick my nose up anyone's rear doesn't mean i have a lack of respect for them,

bradwright
03-24-2009, 07:28 PM
So, if Will Ferrell was making fun of your country's military, then you would be fine with it? :blink:
like i said,he seems to get away with anything,
but no,i wouldn't be fine with it,

Miss Foxy
03-24-2009, 07:28 PM
and if your trying to say no one can ever disagree with Nate then whats the point of the whole thing,
and just because i dont stick my nose up anyone's rear doesn't mean i have a lack of respect for them,
What the heck are you trying to say? Did I post that directing it towards you? I think not. Get your facts straight buddy and as far as sticking my nose up anyones rear no THANK YOU if that was directly intended to me!!

Crisco
03-24-2009, 07:31 PM
What the heck are you trying to say? Did I post that directing it towards you? I think not. Get your facts straight buddy and as far as sticking my nose up anyones rear no THANK YOU if that was directly intended to me!!

I could quote you and have a lot of fun with this statement but I have tortured you enough in the past I think :tongue0011:

Miss Foxy
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
the problem i have is with the ignorant view that they have of the topic, So who's they??

they should check a few facts before they start spouting off, "Im a little teapot short and stout here is my handle here is my spout!!"

Miss Foxy
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I could quote you and have a lot of fun with this statement but I have tortured you enough in the past I think :tongue0011:
I don't get all bent outta shape Crisco.. Its cool with me im sure we can use a laugh! :wink:

bradwright
03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
"Its is what it is."
if this wasn't directed at me then tell me,who is it being directed at?

Crisco
03-24-2009, 07:40 PM
What the heck are you trying to say? Did I post that directing it towards you? I think Crisco is hot. Get your facts straight buddy he is top 3 on the forum without a doubt and as far as sticking my nose up anyones rear THANK YOU if that was directly intended to me!! I find that experimentation is healthy

:Whistle:

Miss Foxy
if this wasn't directed at me then tell me,who is it being directed at?
Anyone who feels that they should question Nate directly on the forum. Ask him in a PM. Shoot even myself for that matter! Considering he posted the new rules earlier that was still fresh in my mind. I don't know what your problem is, but this conversation is done...

Miss Foxy
:Whistle:
lol!! You are too much!!

medic92
03-24-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm originally from the deep south. Born in Alabama, raised in Mississippi and then moved to Illinois in the sixth grade. I can promise you the abuse I took when I moved up to Yankee land far outstrips a satirical piece on Canada's military.

Sometimes you just have to learn to deal with it, not take it too seriously and move on. I get the same thing as a truck driver now. People are always surprised that I have all my teeth and can string together complete sentences. My own family members give me crap about needing a wallet on a chain, a leather belt with my name on it and some Wrangler jeans.

I watch Fox News pretty regularly and this is the first I've ever heard of that show that has offended you. You might have been one of only a few people who actually caught it. :)

bradwright
03-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Anyone who feels that they should question Nate directly on the forum. Ask him in a PM. Shoot even myself for that matter! Considering he posted the new rules earlier that was still fresh in my mind. I don't know what your problem is, but this conversation is done...
wow,,are you high?

medic92
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Just to lighten your mood Brad, check out http://www.satirewire.com. It's a hilarious site that doesn't play favorites with anyone or anything. It'll have you laughing yourself silly in no time. :)

bradwright
03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm originally from the deep south. Born in Alabama, raised in Mississippi and then moved to Illinois in the sixth grade. I can promise you the abuse I took when I moved up to Yankee land far outstrips a satirical piece on Canada's military.

Sometimes you just have to learn to deal with it, not take it too seriously and move on. I get the same thing as a truck driver now. People are always surprised that I have all my teeth and can string together complete sentences. My own family members give me crap about needing a wallet on a chain, a leather belt with my name on it and some Wrangler jeans.

I watch Fox News pretty regularly and this is the first I've ever heard of that show that has offended you. You might have been one of only a few people who actually caught it. :)
maybe your right,maybe i am taking this whole thing a bit personally,
your a truck driver and you have all your own teeth?really?lol,,

medic92
03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
maybe your right,maybe i am taking this whole thing a bit personally,
your a truck driver and you have all your own teeth?really?lol,,

Don't start! I also bathe regularly. Every other week is still considered regularly isn't it? :)

Crisco
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Don't start! I also bathe regularly. Every other week is still considered regularly isn't it? :)

In Europe...

OH ZING!!!!!!!!!

bradwright
03-24-2009, 08:00 PM
In Europe...

OH ZING!!!!!!!!!
now thats some funny stuff,:laugh:
maybe you should get a job writing for fox news.:)

J.B.
03-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Red Eye was actually nice in that clip. They could have been a lot meaner.

Why the hell does the Canadian Military leaders want a year long break? That does not make much sense to me.

Crisco
03-24-2009, 09:48 PM
now thats some funny stuff,:laugh:
maybe you should get a job writing for fox news.:)

I'm not a big enough conservative hehe. I'm more of a moderate in my politics.

Chuck
03-24-2009, 11:00 PM
as a Canadian i would have to say Fox news knows absolutely
nothing about Canada or our military,
this is very disrespectful to our soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk&feature=related

I LOL'd :unsure-1:

Preach
03-24-2009, 11:37 PM

really Chuck to be honest I did as well but to be more politically correct on here I tried to feel Brad's pain

bradwright
03-24-2009, 11:51 PM
not sure why you would,
its not about me at all,its about the men and women that serve our country.

NateR
03-24-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm not a big enough conservative hehe. I'm more of a moderate in my politics.

I actually find Fox News a little too liberal for my tastes most of the time. :unsure-1:

Jonlion
03-25-2009, 12:03 AM
I thought it was only a gentle ribbing of Canada, it didnt disrespect the people fighting.

I don't think its anything to get angry about myself.

I know this is often repeated but i love when my granddad tells me about advice that goes round with the american miliatary!

When England Fires, the Germans ducks
When the Germans fire, the English ducks
When the Americans fire, everybody ducks!

Does that even it up?!

Feel free to bash the English, i know your boys out there laugh at us for are shoddy equipment we have anyway!

medic92
03-25-2009, 12:03 AM
not sure why you would,
its not about me at all,its about the men and women that serve our country.

They're used to the jokes, believe me. As a Navy veteran, I've lost count of the number of jokes I've endured about "seamen" and other jabs.

Submarines -- 150 men go down, 75 couples come up...

que
03-25-2009, 03:04 AM
every news company is a joke. although foxnews has the most blatant mistakes, lies, propaganda and un-professionalism than any of them

NateR
03-25-2009, 03:10 AM
every news company is a joke. although foxnews has the most blatant mistakes, lies, propaganda and un-professionalism than any of them

You're thinking of MSNBC. :tongue0011:

Preach
03-25-2009, 03:44 AM
You're thinking of MSNBC. :tongue0011:
:applause: :applause:

J.B.
03-25-2009, 06:10 AM

Nate is right on the money, you are definitely thinking of MSNBC, and anybody that disagrees with that statement is either too blind or too liberal to see the truth.

Neezar
03-25-2009, 12:14 PM

OH! You will have those words given back to you! No one deserves to hear that more often than you. :laugh:

County Mike
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
I didn't bother with this thread earlier because it seemed like a bunch of whining. Today I saw it was at page 6 so I gave it a read. Kinda funny, especially the part about the Canadian warship stopping the freighter.

"Who gave Canada a friggin' Warship?" - That's comedy gold Jerry.

bradwright
03-25-2009, 04:32 PM
OH! You will have those words given back to you! No one deserves to hear that more often than you. :laugh:
i have no idea what your talking about,:unsure-1:
i am one of the most kind and considerate people here when it comes
to somebody else's feelings when they post,
i always consider their view point with utmost respect and admiration, and for
you to insinuate anything else Neezar is just plain disrespectful on your part,

now dont test me again.:ninja:

hope you have a nice day.

timmyja
03-25-2009, 04:40 PM
i always consider their view point with utmost respect and admiration.

except for greasegate :huh:

Preach
03-25-2009, 04:53 PM
i always consider their view point with utmost respect and admiration, and for
you to insinuate anything else Neezar is just plain disrespectful on your part,

now dont test me again.:ninja:

hope you have a nice day.

:laugh: :laugh: I will say this you add alot to this forum:laugh: :laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Only in certain regions would telling people they have they're noses so far up someones rear is considered having the upmost respect for others and being considerate huh? Wow, I guess I need to go back to charm school. I missed that lesson...:Whistle:

bradwright
03-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Only in certain regions would telling people they have they're noses so far up someones rear is considered having the upmost respect for others and being considerate huh? Wow, I guess I need to go back to charm school. I missed that lesson...:Whistle:

:laugh: your just to funny.:laugh:

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Fuel to the fire...

CANADIAN WARSHIP SEIZES TANKER IN... WAIT...CANADA HAS A WARSHIP?
Oh Right, and Switzerland Has Nuclear Weapons (http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml)

Arabian Sea (SatireWire.com) Canadian television reported Friday that a Canadian warship in the Arabian Sea had seized a tanker suspected of smuggling oil from Iraq, leading many to suspect that the report was a hoax.

"You're kidding, right? Canada has a warship?" asked U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Like for war?

"Does Canada know?" he added.

"Nobody was more stunned than we were," said Kali Omari, first mate of the seized vessel. "We saw this frigate steaming toward us, and we were worried, but then we saw the maple leaf on the flag, and we thought, 'Oh, Canadians. What the hell do they want?'"

When an officer of the HMCS Vancouver announced that the tanker was about to be boarded, the crew of the detained ship was confused, said Omari, but their confusion quickly turned to anger when they saw what the Canadians sailors were carrying.

"They were armed. With guns," said Omari. "Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?"

"They were pretty rude, too," Omari added. "They started asking us all sorts of questions, like 'Where did that oil come from?' But first we wanted to know who gave them the damn warship."

According to Canadian defense officials, the Vancouver is one of four frigates deployed in the region to assist in the U.S.-led Afghanistan conflict. The tanker was stopped, officials said, because its cargo of crude oil violated United Nations sanctions, which prohibit Iraq from selling oil unless in exchange for food and medicine.

The U.N. said the incident is already under investigation, and promised swift action against those found responsible for giving the Canadians guns. Initial findings indicate that the Vancouver crew may have been watching too many American television shows.
RECOMMEND
THIS PAGE

Copyright 2002, SatireWire.

:rolleyes:

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 05:15 PM
:laugh: your just to funny.:laugh:
So I've been told :wink:

bradwright
03-25-2009, 05:17 PM
:rolleyes:
Did Neezar put you up to this?:angry:

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 05:21 PM
not sure why you would,
its not aboot me at all,its aboot the men and women that serve our country.
Sorry I just had a South Park the Movie moment.
I love Canada!

timmyja
03-25-2009, 05:23 PM
I love Canada!
LOL
"US ambassador, what do you have to say about Canada?"

bradwright
03-25-2009, 05:26 PM
I love Canada!
lol,yeah right.:ninja:

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 05:28 PM
lol,yeah right.:ninja:
No I really do!
I drove through Canada (entered in Idaho and went up to Vancouver and then back down the west coast) and thought they were the nicest people I'd ever met. Beautiful country.

bradwright
03-25-2009, 05:31 PM
No I really do!
I drove through Canada (entered in Idaho and went up to Vancouver and then back down the west coast) and thought they were the nicest people I'd ever met. Beautiful country.
:laugh: keep this up much longer and i might start to believe you.:laugh:

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 05:36 PM

:huh: I wonder where I've led you to believe otherwise.

The only negative experience I had in the country was at 4am driving down a mountain road with a logging truck on my bumper laying on it's horn.
Besides that I had a great time!

Chuck
03-25-2009, 05:38 PM

Do you think people who laugh at your original video can't like/love Canada?:huh:

Primadawn
03-25-2009, 05:45 PM
This is all I have to add to this thread:

Your/You're
Their/They're/There
It's/Its

All very different words, people....

bradwright
03-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Do you think people who laugh at your original video can't like/love Canada?:huh:
no Chuck,thats not what i think at all,
i'm just having a little fun with him,(just dont tell him,please,thank you.)
heck i even like Canada a bit and i laughed at that video as well,just dont tell Nate that.
(although i still say some of it was uncalled for.)

i hope that clears things up a bit for you.:)

Chuck
03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
no Chuck,thats not what i think at all,
i'm just having a little fun with him,(just dont tell him,please,thank you.)
heck i even like Canada a bit and i laughed at that video as well,just dont tell Nate that.
(although i still say some of it was uncalled for.)

i hope that clears things up a bit for you.:)

Groovy...

bradwright
03-25-2009, 05:54 PM

Your/You're
Their/They're/There
It's/Its

aww,english class again,i'll see if i can stay awake this time,

nope,as hard as i tried i couldn't do it,sorry,

p.s.
you forgot two/too,and to,
just trying to help out,

(why are you so mean to me?)

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/bradwright/36_1_44.gif

Primadawn
03-25-2009, 05:56 PM
aww,english class again,i'll see if i can stay awake this time,

nope,as hard as i tried i couldn't do it,sorry,

p.s.
you forgot two/too,and to,
just trying to help out,

(why are you so mean to me?)

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/bradwright/36_1_44.gif

I'm not mean, YOU'RE just a sissy.

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 06:03 PM

Your/You're
Their/They're/There
It's/Its

But can YOU use them correctly? :tongue0011:

Primadawn
03-25-2009, 06:06 PM
But can YOU use them correctly? :tongue0011:

Always. It's my biggest pet peeve.

Llamafighter
03-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Always. It's my biggest pet peeve.Yeah me too, even though it's somethingI'm always missing when I proofread:(

bradwright
03-25-2009, 06:09 PM

lets see here,you have insulted my ability or inability(depending on how you look at it) to use proper wording in my posts,and then in your very next breath you insult my manhood.:sad:

and next i'm sure you are going to try and insult my intelligence,
well if you do it is I that will have the last laugh,you see it is very difficult to insult something that doesn't exist,so there.:tongue0011:

Tyburn
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
I like Canada...I always think of Canadians like Brits but with American accents...whereas I think of Americans as Americans

Canadians think Commonwealth...Americans think entirely different :laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I like Canada...I always think of Canadians like Brits but with American accents...whereas I think of Americans as Americans

Canadians think Commonwealth...Americans think entirely different :laugh:
Proud 2 be an American baby!! :laugh:

Chuck
03-26-2009, 05:31 AM

Meeeooowwwww..............................:wink:

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 05:42 AM

Canadians think Commonwealth...Americans think entirely different :laugh:because Canada still follows the queen to an extent, we are independent here and we do it our way, and I wouldn't have it any other way

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Meeeooowwwww..............................:wink:th at just reminded me of that part of super troopers for some reason haha, just figured I'd throw that out there, carry on now:laugh:

mscomc
03-26-2009, 05:51 AM
because Canada still follows the queen to an extent, we are independent here and we do it our way, and I wouldn't have it any other way

I wouldnt say we really "follow" the queen. It is true, we do have a "constitutional-monarchy", but whenever we pass a bill into law, it only goes to queen for approval as a symbolic and traditional gesture if anything. I think in the entire time of our independence, the queen via her representative "the governor general" has only rejected one bill, and i dont even think it was all that important (history was along time ago for me)....plus we do have a system of reciprocal regulation...the queen cant just order a new law for us, just as we can not make one with out her saying yes.

Chuck
03-26-2009, 05:53 AM
that just reminded me of that part of super troopers for some reason haha, just figured I'd throw that out there, carry on now:laugh:

Meow would you say something like that??:laugh:

matthughesfan21
I wouldnt say we really "follow" the queen. It is true, we do have a "constitutional-monarchy", but whenever we pass a bill into law, it only goes to queen for approval as a symbolic and traditional gesture if anything. I think in the entire time of our independence, the queen via her representative "the governor general" has only rejected one bill, and i dont even think it was all that important (history was along time ago for me)....plus we do have a system of reciprocal regulation...the queen cant just order a new law for us, just as we can not make one with out her saying yes.I know she isn't like an almighty ruler or monarch over canada, I guess what I was trying to say is that Canada still uses the queen in more of an advice and guidance way

matthughesfan21
Meow would you say something like that??:laugh:Can you step out of the car right meow

mscomc
03-26-2009, 05:55 AM
I know she isn't like an almighty ruler or monarch over canada, I guess what I was trying to say is that Canada still uses the queen in more of an advice and guidance way

oooo man thats 0/2 for me..... first it was the "aboot" joke and now this, MY BAD....:laugh:

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 05:57 AM
oooo man thats 0/2 for me..... first it was the "aboot" joke and now this, MY BAD....:laugh:
no problem, I could have worded it better