PDA

View Full Version : where were you ten years ago....

Tyburn
07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
describe how you've changed over the last decade, and where you see yourself a decade from now :laugh:

Bella79
07-17-2012, 09:16 PM
I was pregnant.. :laugh: I have no clue in 10years where I see myself...Hmm somewhere rainy! :Whistle:

Bonnie
07-17-2012, 09:44 PM
I can't remember that far back. :laugh: I'm not even going to guess where I might be in 10 years...not with the freakish things that have happened to me these past 10+ years. I've learned to just be happy living in this moment God has given me. :)

TexasRN
07-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Oh gosh. 2002 was not a good year for me. My marriage was dying and to try to hold it together we moved the family from PA back to TX and I started nursing school so I could support myself and the kids in the event we divorced.

I've changed in so many ways. My self esteem is higher, my faith is deeper, my understanding of what's really important in life is better, I have a career and not just a job, I'm college educated, etc. Lots of good things. :)

In 10 more years I'll be remarried for 9.5 years with a child aged 8 or so. I'll be a stay at home mom/personal chef for my husband. He'll be out of med school and residency and practicing at some really great hospital.

~Amy

kevint13
07-18-2012, 01:06 AM
I was one year into my first real job out of college. I was in great shape, playing soccer 3-4 days a week. I was having a lot of fun.

Over the last decade I have gone through a lot of changes. I am still with the same job and am ready to walk away...it is just not something I am passionate about. On a positive, I used to be much more of an introvert but my job has changed that about me!

10 years from now I see myself happy. I will have gone back to school to get a degree in physical therapy. I will have finally followed my passion and it will have made all of the difference. The difference from 10 years ago to 10 years from now will be an extreme difference.

Oh, and I will have done what I call my trifecta....one boxing match, one kickboxing match, and one MMA fight.

BradW
07-18-2012, 03:01 AM
10 years ago i was 3 blocks to west of my current position so i would think 10 years from now i would be 3 blocks to the east of my current position.

and now that i have reflected on the past and pondered the future i have come to the conclusion that i walk very...very,slow...but thats not a bad thing,it gives me ample time to smell the flowers with out actually stopping.

NateR
07-18-2012, 03:47 AM
10 years ago today, I had been out of the Army for over 4 months and was smack dab in the middle of my very first college semester on my way to getting my Graphic Design degree (it was a summer semester). I believe the two courses I took that summer were Sociology and Webpage Design. I was also waiting on word for my bankruptcy hearing (which wouldn't happen until August 2002).

I gave up on trying to predict my own future, because GOD always has something better in mind. :laugh: However, I would think that I would still be here in Hillsboro.

VCURamFan
07-18-2012, 01:55 PM
10 years ago I was 16yrs old & it was the summer after my sophomore year of high school. I was getting ready to go on my first ever mission trip to Belize (I've been 7 times now). After getting back from Belize, I would be starting my first marching band camp & would meet our new band director, Mr. McCutchen, who would be an enormous influence on me for the remaining 3 years of high school. Also, I had my first job, working as a cashier at Wal-Mart.

10 years from now (Lord willing), I will be 36yrs old, with a wife, kid(s) & a dog. I will be a purple belt in BJJ & will have had at least 1 amateur MMA fight. I'll be working in MMA in some capacity, most likely as a writer, though possibly as a ref/judge. Hopefully I'll have moved away from Richmond for at least a portion of this next decade. I love the area, but I've never lived anywhere else & I want to stretch my comfort zone to some extent.

Buc Nasty
07-18-2012, 02:16 PM
So you can actually use the phrase 'This one time, at band camp.....'

VCURamFan
07-18-2012, 02:49 PM
So you can actually use the phrase 'This one time, at band camp.....'
Yup! :ashamed: :laugh:

J.B.
07-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I was awesome 10 years ago, and im awesome now. :)

Buc Nasty
07-18-2012, 03:19 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/anchorman-teamjump.gif

PRShrek
07-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Ten years ago I had broken up with my girlfriend and been laid off from my job. My few lifelong friends had started a band years before which was cool at the time (high school/junior college) but as the years wore on turned them into self absorbed d-bags, and my family were scattered all over the country. So I had no girl, no money, no friends, no church and as far as I could tell no future.

Today I am nine years married to that same girl, have three boys, an awesome job, a cool and challenging church life, and as much friends and family as I can stand.

Ten years from now I will have three boys in high school... which is a... good thing, right?

VCURamFan
07-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Ten years ago I had broken up with my girlfriend and been laid off from my job. My few lifelong friends had started a band years before which was cool at the time (high school/junior college) but as the years wore on turned them into self absorbed d-bags, and my family were scattered all over the country. So I had no girl, no money, no friends, no church and as far as I could tell no future.

Today I am nine years married to that same girl, have three boys, an awesome job, a cool and challenging church life, and as much friends and family as I can stand.

Ten years from now I will have three boys in high school... which is a... good thing, right?
Better than being that dad with 3 daughters in high school worrying about your 3 sons! :laugh:

Tyburn
07-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Well Ten Years ago I was moving between my second and final year as an Undergraduate of The University of Bradford. I had moved out from Halls of Residence as you must for your second year, and had settled into a "student house" which was so basic we all paid 15 per week rent (there were six of us) and when you put the light on in the cellar you could see it through the Kitchen Floor.

It was part of a terrace in Bradford between the University and boardering on Manningham, the red light district, where the Great Bradfordian Riots had occured in 2001, behind Haqs, an asian suppermarket, called Talbot Street...number 15 I recall.

The year started with the rat that died in the wall and stunk the place so bad we had to excavate the cellar wall under the stairs to remove it...some idiots had laid down poisen. Then I was attacked by a group of bikers who tried to steal my bag...I could have made it to the door of my house, but coz I lived with two other women, I didnt want the gang to know where I lived, coz they might through bricks through the window or pour petrol through the letterbox and light it...sooo I took the beating instead...but they never got my bag! :laugh:)

Then the student house collapsed with all the other people having irreconcilable spats...and I had to go back into Halls of Residence after Easter. During the summer months I began work on my best accademic piece...my Dissertation thesis "ACTS of Aggression: Professional Wrestling, Cinematic Horror and The Violence Seeking Impulse" :happydancing:

In the Autumn I began my final year in Halls as all final years do, and was attacked again...this time it was when I walked home from the cinema after watching 28 days later...and I got beaten up by two Asian Youths and they did steal my bag that time :unsure-1:

This Year would be followed by my Annus Horibilis :sad:

since then I have graduated and been to saint pauls cathedral in london and back. Now I have my own house, my own job...and within the next year or so will have my own transport also. :happydancing:

flo
07-18-2012, 09:40 PM
What a great thread! I love you guys. :)

Tyburn
07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
What a great thread! I love you guys. :)

we love you too Flo :)

MattHughesRocks
07-20-2012, 06:41 AM
10 years ago? I can't say :ashamed:
10 years from now? I can't even imagine. Just old I guess :unsure-1:

Primadawn
07-20-2012, 03:53 PM
10 years ago, like Foxy, I was pregnant!

10 years from now...I won't be pregnant!

PRShrek
07-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Ten years ago Matt was punching Dragon Ball in the face.

VCURamFan
07-20-2012, 07:07 PM
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

flo
07-20-2012, 07:16 PM

I had to look it up to figure out who Dragon Ball is. :huh: I finally get it. :laugh::laugh::laugh: