PDA

View Full Version : GSP signs deal with Gatorade

Black Mamba
03-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Joining a list of athletes like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning and many, many more, Georges St. Pierre, has signed on to be a major part of Gatorade's latest campaign as one of the faces of their "G" marketing onslaught.

The Gatorade "G" campaign launched in the U.S. during the Super Bowl in January with many top flight athletes representing the brand. Now the company will move north of the border with a group of Canadian athletes to represent the brand.

Along with other top Canadians such as Gordie Howe, Cassie Campbell, Ray Zahab, Chantal Petitclerc, and Bradd Arseneau, St. Pierre will serve as one of the leaders to help push Gatorade in the newly branded market.

“Just like in the U.S., the Canadian Gatorade brand is recognizing some of our nation’s most influential and inspiring athletes,” said Dale Hooper, vice president of marketing for Gatorade in Canada. “These athletes represent Canada’s best while also serving as motivation to any Canadian who sweats, whether they’re in it to win, for the fun of it, or for better health.”

St. Pierre's addition to the Gatorade campaign can only be seen as a huge step forward for the marketing and advertising future of mixed martial artists who are looking to cross over into more mainstream work.

Late last year, the UFC welterweight champion signed on with CAA, a division of Creative Arts Agency, to help push the Canadian fighter into new markets including movies, television, licensing and digital media.

This latest move for St. Pierre to sign on with Gatorade signals the first MMA fighter to be involved with the popular sports drink brand, and a definite sign of the competitors involved with MMA moving forward to being more widely recognized alongside other top athletes.

St. Pierre filmed his first commercial for Gatorade over the last week while also working on the latest film the Canadian has been involved with, the second motion picture he has starred in over the last year.

que
03-23-2009, 03:00 AM
HUGE for mma

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 05:20 AM
Good news for MMA, however wrong fighter!! As usual the bandwagon is riding in full fledge... He sucks and now I will switch to Powerade:)

billwilliams70
03-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Huge news for MMA, good news for GSP. Regardless of what everyone thinks about him, I have no issues with GSP.

Later.

rearnakedchoke
03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Why all the Haterade for GSP for signing with Gatorade?

Spiritwalker
03-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah... I don't get it.. Gatorade is great.. that stuff it just plain slick!!!!!

oh.. wait..

County Mike
03-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Good news for MMA, however wrong fighter!! As usual the bandwagon is riding in full fledge... He sucks and now I will switch to Powerade:)

OMG WTF

rockdawg21
03-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Gatorade, Powerade, Vitamin Water, etc. is just high fructose corn syrup. I don't drink that junk anyways.

Chuck
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM

I can't believe they didn't check with you first!!!

Maybe Canada should have gone with one of your fav's like Tito or a Diaz brother??? :Whistle:

What were they thinking?????

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Nope they should'nt have I would be mad at them. I just think someone else would have better represented the sport. Sorry just being honest and I don't care how many feathers I ruffle along the way...:laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I can't believe they didn't check with you first!!!

Maybe Canada should have gone with one of your fav's like Tito or a Diaz brother??? :Whistle:

What were they thinking?????
Tito aint one of my faves! He was at one time and just like the seasons change so did I with my fighters ok sorry I rock the hat! lol. And the Diaz brothers I just like Nicks attitude sometimes I can't help myself :ashamed:

matthughesfan21
03-23-2009, 03:12 PM
agreed sorta, I'll stick with gatorade, I just hope his commercials stay up north of the border so I don't have to see his face more than I already have to and him try to pronounce gatorade

J.B.
03-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Best Gatorade commercial ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jJoGDG4UE

rearnakedchoke
03-23-2009, 03:51 PM
I am gonna have to say that GSP is the best person right now for the face of mma ... he is a gentlemen among mostly animals, his skill set is second to none .. the only thing that is a question mark is that accent, but i think that is a bonus .. remember how big Van Damme was .. it was the accent ...

bradwright
03-23-2009, 04:41 PM
I am gonna have to say that GSP is the best person right now for the face of mma ... he is a gentlemen among mostly animals, his skill set is second to none .. the only thing that is a question mark is that accent, but i think that is a bonus .. remember how big Van Damme was .. it was the accent ...
boy are you ever in for some abuse,good luck.:wink:

County Mike
03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
I think GSP is good for MMA as well. He's not perfect, but who is? He's polite, well groomed and very skilled. What more do you want?

If that means I should be the subject of abuse, BRING IT ON!

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 05:10 PM
My eyes are sooooo a rolling......:rolleyes: I will just keep my mouth shut about GSP for now.. All in fun.....So to set the mood I put on some Pantera.......

County Mike
03-23-2009, 05:15 PM
"WALK"? I used to listen to that before hockey games to get me pumped up. Usually resulted in a 2-minute minor on my first shift.

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
"WALK"? I used to listen to that before hockey games to get me pumped up. Usually resulted in a 2-minute minor on my first shift.
Right on!! Currently playing my all time fave Pantera song.. Cemetery Gates......I like Slayer better though, but ya know.. Gotta give some love 2 Pantera... I worked out on Saturday to Slayer and was shadow boxing I looked like a lunatic!:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
boy are you ever in for some abuse,good luck.:wink:

Well, if someone can name a person who is better spokesperson for MMA right now, I am listening, but right now, GSP is young, a champ and polite ...

bradwright
03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Well, if someone can name a person who is better spokesperson for MMA right now, I am listening, but right now, GSP is young, a champ and polite ...
their all probably backing up so they can take a good run at you,
calm before the storm i think,brace yourself.

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I am soooooooooooooo simple.... MATT HUGHES........ His belts speak for themselves.. Plus he's way hotter...:cool: Even Fedor has my vote...

Chuck
03-23-2009, 06:00 PM

X3

He may or may not be the "best" choice for the face of MMA but he should certainly be on a very short list of fighters.

rearnakedchoke
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
I am soooooooooooooo simple.... MATT HUGHES........ His belts speak for themselves.. Plus he's way hotter...:cool: Even Fedor has my vote...

Matt would no doubt be a better choice, but today, the people at gatorade are probably looking for someone who is on top now ... as for fedor, most people in the US still don't know who he is ... if the company were trying to hock tamagachi's in japan, fedor would be the choice .. but as for MMA here in NA, GSP is the obvious choice

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Matt would no doubt be a better choice, but today, the people at gatorade are probably looking for someone who is on top now ... as for fedor, most people in the US still don't know who he is ... if the company were trying to hock tamagachi's in japan, fedor would be the choice .. but as for MMA here in NA, GSP is the obvious choice
Yeah that would be so great for PR (public relations) to have GSP whos been accused of over-greasing. Explain that to the people.. I guess while they are at it throw in some steroid users huh!?! Makes me wanna drink Gatorade cheaters n steroid users!! yaaay..:

bradwright
03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah that would be so great for PR (public relations) to have GSP whos been accused of over-greasing. Explain that to the people.. I guess while they are at it throw in some steroid users huh!?! Makes me wanna drink Gatorade cheaters n steroid users!! yaaay..:
finally,some one that has proof GSP is using steroids,,
could you post the evidence of his guilt so we can all see it please?

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
could you post the evidence of his guilt so we can all see it please? I wasnt talking about him using steroids I put him in the cheating category. I was being sarcastic and saying since so many athletes have been caught up in the steroid controversy might as well add one. Hmm maybe AROD?

matthughesfan21
03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
My eyes are sooooo a rolling......:rolleyes: I will just keep my mouth shut about GSP for now.. All in fun.....So to set the mood I put on some Pantera.......agreed, he comes across as fake to me, but I'm not gonna start an argument....Pantera rocks also, Cemetary Gates is my favorite, I like Walk and Domination as well, and the solo for floods is awesome, I like most of their stuff, but those are my tops

matthughesfan21
03-23-2009, 06:18 PM
could you post the evidence of his guilt so we can all see it please?where did she accuse gsp of roiding?
:huh:

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
agreed, he comes across as fake to me, but I'm not gonna start an argument....Pantera rocks also, Cemetary Gates is my favorite, I like Walk and Domination as well, and the solo for floods is awesome, I like most of their stuff, but those are my tops Awesomeness!! Yeah some people just don't get it. I have a right to not like him I just don't. I can care less about GSP or his fan base I have no respect for him and if anyone has a problem with it oh well.

bradwright
03-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Awesomeness!! Yeah some people just don't get it. I have a right to not like him I just don't. I can care less about GSP or his fan base I have no respect for him and if anyone has a problem with it oh well.
lost a lot of money on the GSP/BJ fight did you,:laugh:

matthughesfan21
03-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Awesomeness!! Yeah some people just don't get it. I have a right to not like him I just don't. I can care less about GSP or his fan base I have no respect for him and if anyone has a problem with it oh well.
http://dontdatethatdude.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/will-you-marry-me.jpg

kidding of course, but I agree 100%, he's a great fighter with unbelievable talent, but I'm tired of hearing about him, I'm tired of hearing his voice, I'm sick of hearing him considered so godly, I don't like his excuses for losing, and I just think that he talks all sweet to the media, but I just have this feeling he is a prick behind the scenes

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 06:26 PM
lost a lot of money on the GSP/BJ fight did you,:laugh: Nope not at all.. I don't gamble and actually if you read thoroughly I am not a BJ fan!!

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 06:27 PM

kidding of course, but I agree 100%, he's a great fighter with unbelievable talent, but I'm tired of hearing about him, I'm tired of hearing his voice, I'm sick of hearing him considered so godly, I don't like his excuses for losing, and I just think that he talks all sweet to the media, but I just have this feeling he is a prick behind the scenes Yes meet me in Vegas 05/23!! lol.. I hear ya!! Same instinct I have about him....I guess we will just fold our arms and watch!!

bradwright
03-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Nope not at all.. I don't gamble and actually if you read thoroughly I am not a BJ fan!!
where did i say you were a BJ fan?
oh yeah BTW,every body gambles,

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
where did i say you were a BJ fan?
oh yeah BTW,every body gambles,
You never did I presume when you asked me if I lost a lot of money on the GSP/PENN fight. Anyhow I do not place wages on fights. And especially a fight that isnt concerning anyone I sincerely like.

matthughesfan21
03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes meet me in Vegas 05/23!! lol.. I hear ya!! Same instinct I have about him....I guess we will just fold our arms and watch!!
I will let me just pull 600 dollars off my money tree outside the dorm:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
03-23-2009, 06:36 PM
People love to hate on GSP for one reason .. and that is because he is good ... they make excuses about, looking fake, cheating ... blah blah blah ..

Miss Foxy
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I aint a hater at all!!He looks like a bald siamese cat with lots of vaseline....Why would I be hating on him? Never said he wasnt a good fighter. I just dont like him.. NO reason needed, nor explanation....

matthughesfan21
03-23-2009, 06:40 PM
People love to hate on GSP for one reason .. and that is because he is good ... they make excuses about, looking fake, cheating ... blah blah blah ..its not because he is good, there are plenty of great fighters in the ufc that I like, the only good fighters(meaning contender for a belt) would be BJ and Rashad...I don't have a problem with any other top fighters....there is just something about GSP I don't like besides what I already mentioned, maybe its the french in him, IDK

atomdanger
03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
I just switched to Powerade

J.B.
03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
I will let me just pull 600 dollars off my money tree outside the dorm:laugh:

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you if that damn tree was ready to harvest yet...Obama's stimulus ain't helping for S**T!!!

:)

matthughesfan21
03-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you if that damn tree was ready to harvest yet...Obama's stimulus ain't helping for S**T!!!

:)not ready for harvest yet, I just planted it a few months ago, I've gotten $7.75 an hour out of it, so its not helping to much:laugh:

Maldonado136
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
good for gsp he deserves it. YES I SAID IT.

Maldonado136
03-23-2009, 10:48 PM

kidding of course, but I agree 100%, he's a great fighter with unbelievable talent, but I'm tired of hearing about him, I'm tired of hearing his voice, I'm sick of hearing him considered so godly, I don't like his excuses for losing, and I just think that he talks all sweet to the media, but I just have this feeling he is a prick behind the scenes

hmm well if youre tired of hearing about gsp or his voice then you must REALLY be sick of bj!

Chuck
03-23-2009, 10:49 PM
hmm well if youre tired of hearing about gsp or his voice then you must REALLY be sick of bj!

He shoots...... he SCORES!!!! :laugh:

matthughesfan21
03-23-2009, 10:50 PM
you got that right...I don't like either one, so this isn't a case of a bitter Penn fan...who do I dislike more? BJ, but I don't like either in the least bit