PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn-"you tap to strikes, you're a pussy"

Hughes_GOAT
01-25-2009, 09:02 AM
UFC Primetime2. BJ Penn is hilarious. True words though. Regardless whether it's for safety or fear, tapping to strikes is a bitch move. Tapping to stop your arm from getting torn off is legit. But tapping from strikes is a different story. You fight until the ref stops the fight.

Edit: Here's the gif of the taps.

http://www.thefifthcolumn.net/havik/gsptappednl2.gif

rearnakedchoke
01-25-2009, 02:26 PM
so when bj loses again, what does that make him?

atomdanger
01-25-2009, 04:35 PM
haha yeah, I pretty much agree with BJ on this one.

I hate it when people tap from strikes, you will KO me before I tap from strikes.

Jason 16
01-25-2009, 05:13 PM
I guess in some situations you would have to if the ref is not doing his job but if all refs were right on with there calls than yea it would be a bitch move

Jason 16
01-25-2009, 05:14 PM
UFC Primetime2. BJ Penn is hilarious. True words though. Regardless whether it's for safety or fear, tapping to strikes is a bitch move. Tapping to stop your arm from getting torn off is legit. But tapping from strikes is a different story. You fight until the ref stops the fight.

Edit: Here's the gif of the taps.

http://www.thefifthcolumn.net/havik/gsptappednl2.gif

I cant even tell who that is in the gif

MattHughesRocks
01-25-2009, 05:28 PM
BJ Penn...what a loser.He needs to STFU.

Jason 16
01-25-2009, 05:32 PM
BJ Penn...what a loser.He needs to STFU.
QFT I just love how BJ nut huggers love bj but if tito ever comes up as a topic they hate him my opinon BJ is a heck of a lot worse

lc87
01-25-2009, 05:32 PM
I cant even tell who that is in the gif

Im pretty sure its serra and gsp

Llamafighter
01-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Im pretty sure its serra and gsp

BJ wishes he could have tapped to Hughes but unfortunately his arms were both trapped! Hehehehe
I don't have a problem with tapping if you're taking shots and cannot possibly get out of the situation. Why risk injury or chance not being able to get back in the ring sooner.,
AS my Muay Thai coach says: "there's not pride in getting knocked unconscious"

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 12:31 AM
:unsure-1:

Pussy :laugh:

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 01:20 AM
BJ wishes he could have tapped to Hughes but unfortunately his arms were both trapped! Hehehehe
I don't have a problem with tapping if you're taking shots and cannot possibly get out of the situation. Why risk injury or chance not being able to get back in the ring sooner.,
AS my Muay Thai coach says: "there's not pride in getting knocked unconscious"

For me, its about about the pride, its about having heart and not giving up.

If I can still punch back and block, then I am not done.

Jonlion
01-26-2009, 01:31 AM
I see why he said it, its a fine lline between bravery and stupidity i guess!

However i think this is just a small dig at GSP, get under his skin a little.

Knowing Georges mind, i think its all fun and games

Jason 16
01-26-2009, 02:00 AM
For me, its about about the pride, its about having heart and not giving up.

If I can still punch back and block, then I am not done.

but most of the time when people tap is when they can block and punch back and are takeing a beating from mount or some one has there back and the ref just kinda stands there stareing out into space

Preach
01-26-2009, 02:26 AM
BJ is correct and GSP has little heart and after the 31 st BJ will have 2 titles

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 02:36 AM
but most of the time when people tap is when they can block and punch back and are takeing a beating from mount or some one has there back and the ref just kinda stands there stareing out into space

I don't think so.

I rarely see people tap from strikes where they were really getting hurt bad.

que
01-26-2009, 02:50 AM

it doesn't matter if he loses, but if he taps to strikes like georgy boy has done in the past then he will have to eat his words.

hughes pounded the crap out of his face and he didn't tap. if he didn't tap then, i doubt he will tap to georges

Spiritwalker
01-26-2009, 03:23 AM
I don't think so.

I rarely see people tap from strikes where they were really getting hurt bad.

Usually cause they are so disoriented but I see where you are coming from..

GSP was on his back.. that is a decent spot to be in.. easy to defend from..

kinda lame...

But if someone has a good body lock and they are on your back.. or they flatten you out.. it's tough .. those shots that you don't get to see coming..

Max
01-26-2009, 04:15 AM
I really think BJ is just doing what he always does, trying to sell the fight. The more BJ talks the more we talk and that builds interest in the fight.

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 04:42 AM

depends on if he taps to strikes :Whistle:

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 04:44 AM

nah, he would have just done like Hughes against GSP in their last fight if he wanted to tap....and that's to verbally say it.

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Says you. The more a fighter talks like an idiot the less I want to see them fight.Because if they are going to fight it means we have to listen to them talk crap for weeks on end leading up to it:blink:

I really think BJ is just doing what he always does, trying to sell the fight. The more BJ talks the more we talk and that builds interest in the fight.

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 04:46 AM
:unsure-1:

Pussy :laugh:

he never said GSP was a pussy for losing...he said GSP was a pussy for the manner in which he lost.:wink:

Max
01-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Says you. The more a fighter talks like an idiot the less I want to see them fight.Because if they are going to fight it means we have to listen to them talk crap for weeks on end leading up to it:blink:
then dont watch his fights

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 05:01 AM

you mean as long as it's a fighter you don't like who's talking, the less you want to see them fight, LOL.

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Well if he's going to be fighting my FAVORITE fighters then I HAVE to. Matt Hughes...GSP...wouldn't miss their fights even if it means putting up with him:laugh:

then dont watch his fights

billwilliams70
01-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm not concerned with what everyone says/thinks about BJ Penn. When he came over here (which is a big thing in my mind) to see us in Afghanistan, he was very cool. He was approachable, funny, and just easy to talk to.

Later.

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm not concerned with what everyone says/thinks about BJ Penn. When he came over here (which is a big thing in my mind) to see us in Afghanistan, he was very cool. He was approachable, funny, and just easy to talk to.

Later.

where was GSP, LOL.

billwilliams70
01-26-2009, 08:40 AM
where was GSP, LOL.
Not in Afghanistan.....but we've got about five months left and there's another tour in the works.

Later.

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 08:59 AM
i can't see GSP going....he's too pretty.

rearnakedchoke
01-26-2009, 02:18 PM
where was GSP, LOL.

He was over with the Canadian troops .. he couldn't get into the US base, he forgot his passport .. LOL

Is that Serra in your sig with Fedor? He must be standing on a few phone books ...

Llamafighter
01-26-2009, 06:27 PM
He was over with the Canadian troops .. he couldn't get into the US base, he forgot his passport .. LOL

Is that Serra in your sig with Fedor? He must be standing on a few phone books ...

That's Arlovski sans the beard.

rearnakedchoke
01-26-2009, 06:28 PM
That's Arlovski sans the beard.
you mean after Fedor knocked it off mid-air?

F34R
01-27-2009, 12:47 AM
I disagree. He never said if you lose you're a pussy. He said if you tap from strikes, etc.

Hughes_GOAT
01-27-2009, 08:13 AM

it's Arlovski in my av and some statue in my sig.

rearnakedchoke
01-27-2009, 01:45 PM
it's Arlovski in my av and some statue in my sig.

i know, i was saying the statue looks like matt serra ...