PDA

View Full Version : Getting married

TexasRN
05-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey all. Sorry I've been gone for a while. I've kept up a little by lurking but haven't taken the time to log on. One of the reasons I've been so busy, besides work, is that I've gotten engaged. My boyfriend proposed at Disney World in a hugely romantic way. So now I have a wedding to plan and that is going to keep me quite busy for a while longer. We are thinking the date will be some time in the first 3 months of 2013. We have to talk to the church, go through our pre wedding classes/counseling, and see if our reception venue is available that night. Then I can announce the actual date.

~Amy

rockdawg21
05-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Congrats Amy!

Neezar
05-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Congratulations! :)

Neezar
05-20-2012, 03:31 PM
......... My boyfriend proposed at Disney World in a hugely romantic way......

~Amy

Do tell! I love stories like these. :w00t:

Probaly because my story sucks! :laugh:

We were in Mexico in a pool. I thought he was joking when he asked (we had been horseplaying in the pool). And I splashed water in his face. :unsure-1: I never had a clue that he was serious until two years later. His parents asked when we planned to get married and he said, "I have already asked her once and she splashed water on my face. I'm not asking her again."
I was like :scared0011:.

Thankfully he did eventually ask again. :cool:

3 years later :irked:, stubborn ass :laugh:

TexasRN
05-20-2012, 09:32 PM
I had a conference at Disney that I was able to attend and had him go as well so we could make a vacation out of it as well. He had already picked the ring and didn't want me to ruin the surprise by seeing it so he had it shipped to the hotel where we were staying. Then he tied the ring inside his shorts every day just waiting for the right moment. It's amazing that he didn't lose it. We got there Tuesday morning early. He didn't propose until Sunday night. On Sunday we watched the last parade, the castle lights show, and the fireworks. Then we wanted to stay for the extra magic hours. He rode another ride and then we walked over towards TomorrowLand. As we walked past the castle and the rose garden we noticed that a photopass lady was still taking pictures. We decided to go ahead and take the moment to get a picture of us with the castle lit up behind us. As we stood in line he started complaining about a rock in his shoe. When it was our turn he told me he wanted the lady to take a picture of us with his phone as well so I went and stood in the right spot while he was showing her his phone. When he came over to stand with me he said that the rock was really bothering him and he needed to get it out right then. After a few seconds the photographer said, "okay." I thought she was getting irritated at him for taking up her time by messing with his shoe so I started to tell him to leave it and just take the picture. When I looked down he had the ring out and asked me to marry him. I was super shocked and she got that moment and the look on my face on film. That was what he was going for. He wanted that surprise proposal and my face captured. So it was very sweet and we have it all on film. He had apparently been plotting this the whole time including the rock in his shoe story. :laugh:

~Amy

Bonnie
05-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Oh, what a wonderful surprise for you Amy! I like how that man thinks! :laugh:

Congratulations, sweetie! :)

Neezar
05-21-2012, 05:20 AM
That was a good story! :)

VCURamFan
05-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I had a conference at Disney that I was able to attend and had him go as well so we could make a vacation out of it as well. He had already picked the ring and didn't want me to ruin the surprise by seeing it so he had it shipped to the hotel where we were staying. Then he tied the ring inside his shorts every day just waiting for the right moment. It's amazing that he didn't lose it. We got there Tuesday morning early. He didn't propose until Sunday night. On Sunday we watched the last parade, the castle lights show, and the fireworks. Then we wanted to stay for the extra magic hours. He rode another ride and then we walked over towards TomorrowLand. As we walked past the castle and the rose garden we noticed that a photopass lady was still taking pictures. We decided to go ahead and take the moment to get a picture of us with the castle lit up behind us. As we stood in line he started complaining about a rock in his shoe. When it was our turn he told me he wanted the lady to take a picture of us with his phone as well so I went and stood in the right spot while he was showing her his phone. When he came over to stand with me he said that the rock was really bothering him and he needed to get it out right then. After a few seconds the photographer said, "okay." I thought she was getting irritated at him for taking up her time by messing with his shoe so I started to tell him to leave it and just take the picture. When I looked down he had the ring out and asked me to marry him. I was super shocked and she got that moment and the look on my face on film. That was what he was going for. He wanted that surprise proposal and my face captured. So it was very sweet and we have it all on film. He had apparently been plotting this the whole time including the rock in his shoe story. :laugh:

~Amy

Good man, well played! Congrats, Amy, I'm so happy for you! :happydancing:

Bella79
05-21-2012, 05:31 PM
So happy for you mamas!!
Sounds beautiful!!! If you need anything at all you know the digits xxoo!!

BradW
05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
congrats Amy !
hope you guys live a long and happy life together !

flo
05-21-2012, 10:26 PM
What happy news, congratulations! Hope you are both on cloud 9 for a long while!

Tyburn
05-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Do tell! I love stories like these. :w00t:

Probaly because my story sucks! :laugh:

We were in Mexico in a pool. I thought he was joking when he asked (we had been horseplaying in the pool). And I splashed water in his face. :unsure-1: I never had a clue that he was serious until two years later. His parents asked when we planned to get married and he said, "I have already asked her once and she splashed water on my face. I'm not asking her again."
I was like :scared0011:.

Thankfully he did eventually ask again. :cool:

3 years later :irked:, stubborn ass :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyburn
05-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Congratulations Amy :)

Jonlion
05-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Congratulations!

TexasRN
05-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Congratulations!

Thanks, Jon. I'd really love to find a photographer like the one you had for your wedding. Your pictures were just gorgeous.

~Amy

TexasRN
05-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks everyone. I really am on cloud 9 and am just loving the way it feels to have that proposal. He put a lot of thought into it to make it special for both of us. I just love this man. :ashamed:

~Amy

flo
05-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Jon's pictures were really fabulous...

Spiritwalker
05-22-2012, 12:22 PM
:cool:

Congrats!!!!

Primadawn
05-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Amy! So very happy for you!

VCURamFan
05-23-2012, 03:46 AM
If you're going to use Jon's photographer, then might I suggest my florist:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/epic-fail-photos-win-bacon-bouquet-win2.jpg

Yup, those are bacon roses.

no, i'm not getting married, just needed an excuse to post this pic

TexasRN
05-25-2012, 01:18 AM
If you're going to use Jon's photographer, then might I suggest my florist:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/epic-fail-photos-win-bacon-bouquet-win2.jpg

Yup, those are bacon roses.

no, i'm not getting married, just needed an excuse to post this pic

Mmmmmm, BACON! Everything is better with bacon, even a wedding. :laugh:

~Amy

Bonnie
05-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Mmmmmm, BACON! Everything is better with bacon, even a wedding. :laugh:

~Amy

And you can kill two birds with one stone and save some money on flowers and h'orderves for the reception. :laugh:

Bacon roses, I never would have thought of that. :laugh:

twinsmama
05-25-2012, 02:59 PM
aaawwww that is sweet. a rock in his shoe....clever boy.

congratulations!!!!!