PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis gun show

Oddtodd76
03-21-2009, 03:45 PM
So, yesterday I went to the Indy gun and Knife show. Wow! Much better than what i have ever seen!
We got in line about an hour before opening. The doors were at one end of the building. We were standing at the other end, and around the corner, down the side of the building halfway. We were in the first 1/4 part of the line.
I bet the line was a half mile long. It was packed in there! People were gobbling up all the ar-15's they could get.
I went for ammo. I can't find .223 around central Illinois (for a reasonable proce). I stocked up.
They had whatever you wanted for sale there! Fully automatic weapons and even freaking missles! There was a 3 ft long missle in a wooden box for $90. That would have been an excellent conversation piece! LOL

It is well worth the trip if you are interested in guns. You can spend the whole day there.
There were some good deals. And there were also the crooks gouging up to 3 times of what some of the stuff was worth.

Twinsmama
03-22-2009, 02:49 AM
We are going to one in south florida next weekend. they do have some good deals there. my father and my husband love older guns for some reason. my dad got me a 1100 semiauto remington shotgun when i was about 16 that was used and it is my favorite gun ever. close 2nd is the 38 smith and wesson we got at the last gun show. we are going to get my husband one just like it this time because we both like it so much. i planned on stocking up on bullets too because we shoot often in our back yard.

i was wondering if it would be extra crowded because of everyone getting their concealed weapons permits and getting guns now. I don't want to wait in that long of a line! People are going crazy buying guns down here. There have been 3 home invasions within the last week within 30 min from my house. (And I live in the boonies!) people don't wait until you go to work to rob you anymore i guess

Chuck
03-22-2009, 03:34 AM
We are going to one in south florida next weekend. they do have some good deals there. my father and my husband love older guns for some reason. my dad got me a 1100 semiauto remington shotgun when i was about 16 that was used and it is my favorite gun ever. close 2nd is the 38 smith and wesson we got at the last gun show. we are going to get my husband one just like it this time because we both like it so much. i planned on stocking up on bullets too because we shoot often in our back yard.

i was wondering if it would be extra crowded because of everyone getting their concealed weapons permits and getting guns now. I don't want to wait in that long of a line! People are going crazy buying guns down here. There have been 3 home invasions within the last week within 30 min from my house. (And I live in the boonies!) people don't wait until you go to work to rob you anymore i guess

Where at?

I'm selling my .38 snub nose if you know anybody who's looking. I just got a new .357 but I'm looking for a .45. So keep me posted if you know of any good deals on a .45.

:D

Oddtodd76
03-22-2009, 02:39 PM
You would sware a war was going to erupt with the way the AR-15's and handguns were selling at the show. ANd everyone was carrying a backpack and filling it with ammo(including myself)!