PDA

View Full Version : Transgender gets thumbs up to compete for Miss Universe

rearnakedchoke
04-04-2012, 05:38 PM
this is funny ... i have a friend who is in the competition and if she loses to this one, i told her she will never live it down .. LOL .. beauty pageants are dumb, so i do actually hope he/she wins ...

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120404/040412_transgender_pageant/20120404/?hub=CP24Home

LOS ANGELES — A Canadian woman originally barred from the Miss Universe Pageant because she was born a male has been given the thumbs up to participate in the competition and there's a suggestion her case might allow others like her to take part in future.

Donald Trump, who runs the Miss Universe Organization, has confirmed that Jenna Talackova can compete to represent her country in the pageant and wished her luck in her quest for the crown.

Talackova, who is from Vancouver, had said she was devastated when she was originally told she'd be excluded from the pageant for not being a "natural born woman."

After issuing a statement on Tuesday clarifying Talackova could compete, Trump went on to tell ABC's Good Morning America Wednesday that Talackova's case may open up the contest to other transgender hopefuls.

"Probably, we'll have to open it up from that standpoint," he said. "Because if it's in Canada and if it's in the United States in terms of their laws and if other countries don't necessarily have those laws...it wouldn't be fair just to take certain countries."

Trump added that his pageant had followed Canadian and U.S. laws in deciding the matter.

"The laws are very clear. So, based on that about two days ago, we decided to let her compete and we hope she does well," he said.

Trump's initial statement came on the same day that Talackova and her attorney Gloria Allred urged the organization to clarify its gender requirements.

The organization said it actually made the decision Monday to let Talackova compete to become Canada's contestant. It said the 23-year-old could enter the pageant "provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada, and the standards established by other international competitions." No further details were provided.

Talackova and Allred said that wasn't clear enough and demanded a clear answer during a press conference in Los Angeles.

Allred held up a copy of Talackova's Canadian passport that states she is a woman -- as do her birth certificate and driver's licence -- and declared the pageant's rule requiring contestants to be born women "blatant discrimination," antiquated and grounded in fear and prejudice.

Talackova, who addressed the media for the first time since the controversy erupted last month, said she wanted Trump to clearly state that the naturally-born female rule be erased.

"I do not want any other woman to suffer the discrimination that I have endured," she said. "I was devastated and felt that excluding me for the reason they gave was unjust."

The tall, slim, blond Talackova was originally accepted to take part in the May 19 Miss Universe Canada Pageant, but was later told she couldn't participate.

She had gender-reassignment surgery when she was 19.

She has never hidden her status and in fact took part in the 2010 Miss International Queen competition in Thailand, where she explained in a media interview that she knew as young as four that she was a female.

In response to Talackova and Allred's statements to the press on Tuesday, the pageant organizers issued a statement saying "Gloria Allred's statements to the press today pay no mind to the fact that Mr. Trump and the Miss Universe Organization made the fair and just decision in allowing Jenna to compete in the Miss Universe 2012 Canada pageant."

It also said it's evaluating its rules to ensure that type of issue does not occur again.

"There is no need to further 'evaluate,"' Allred responded late Tuesday. "The rule is blatantly discriminatory and it is time for Mr. Trump to say that he will get rid of the rule."

The rule requiring a contestant to be "naturally born female" appears to still be in effect in other countries around the world, Allred said.

rockdawg21
04-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Beauty pageants are stupid and meaningless, this just further supports the stupidity of them.

PRShrek
04-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Beauty pageants are stupid and meaningless, this just further supports the stupidity of them.

Hold on there, if Donald Trump and Gloria Allred are involved I'm sure it's something important!

Hmm, the MHF spell-check thinks Allred should be spelled ‘Alfred.’

rockdawg21
04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Hold on there, if Donald Trump and Gloria Allred are involved I'm sure it's something important!

:laugh:

Bonnie
04-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Allred held up a copy of Talackova's Canadian passport that states she is a woman -- as do her birth certificate and driver's licence -- and declared the pageant's rule requiring contestants to be born women "blatant discrimination," antiquated and grounded in fear and prejudice.

How can her birth certificate state "she is a woman" if she was born male? What, you can go back and change that information on your birth certificate if you have a sex change? :unsure-1:

This is just going to open up a whole can of worms (again) for other organizations that are strictly male or female gender-based.

J.B.
04-05-2012, 12:34 AM

Your coat, Mr Wayne?
http://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a721c2d7970b014e86cb08ff970d-800wi

flo
04-05-2012, 04:12 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

rearnakedchoke
04-05-2012, 01:41 PM
How can her birth certificate state "she is a woman" if she was born male? What, you can go back and change that information on your birth certificate if you have a sex change? :unsure-1:

This is just going to open up a whole can of worms (again) for other organizations that are strictly male or female gender-based.

who knows .. those damn canadians are screwy ....

rearnakedchoke
04-05-2012, 01:49 PM
oh and i wonder if this guy is gonna be a judge ..
http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=173461&bbat=19684&inline

Bonnie
04-05-2012, 04:56 PM
oh and i wonder if this guy is gonna be a judge ..
http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=173461&bbat=19684&inline

Vizion
04-06-2012, 08:34 PM
It is an abomination to kow tow to the liberal agenda.

It is the acceptance of sins like this that will lead to our downfall.

J.B.
04-07-2012, 02:16 AM
It is an abomination to kow tow to the liberal agenda.

It is the acceptance of sins like this that will lead to our downfall.

I agree with your point, but I honestly don't care what they do with competitions like this. They are privately run, and are stupid to begin with in my opinion. Who cares if a he/she wins some competition run by a greedy old man with a hilarious haircut? The whole thing is ridiculous to begin with.

Vizion
04-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Children see it.

It desensitizes them to the sin.

They learn to accept it and they call it good, or "normal".
The next generation normalizes that kind of thing and it becomes more prevalent.

People fall away from God and into sexual immorality through deviancy.

It all begins with people taking it too lightly

J.B.
04-07-2012, 04:35 AM
Children see it.

It desensitizes them to the sin.

They learn to accept it and they call it good, or "normal".
The next generation normalizes that kind of thing and it becomes more prevalent.

People fall away from God and into sexual immorality through deviancy.

It all begins with people taking it too lightly

Like I said, I agree with your point, for the most part.

However, you can't expect to defeat the biggest problems facing humanity by always focusing on the smaller issues. Especially one like this. Yeah, kids watch it (no they dont, I was wrong. see my post below), and they also watch "Jersey Shore", "American Idol", and "Human Centipede". Aren't parents supposed to actually, and I know this sounds crazy, be PARENTS?

I'm not saying I like it, but that's the world we live in. Wanna know something more disturbing than any beauty contest, movie, song, or video game? Use google to find out how many pedophiles live in your area (not saying anyone in specific, but rather in general).

J.B.
04-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Actually....what kids watch those competitions?

BESIDES the ones that are forced into it by parents who never won?

Tyburn
04-08-2012, 02:40 PM
IMHO itd not fair...because the he-she will win it BECAUSE she is really a he...just like that he-she won the eurovision the other year...its seen like a liberal ploy...dont vote for her and you'll be seen as making a judgement against he-shes.

Although I admit, that when the He-She grows older it gets harder and harder to tell. I met one at University, a radical feminist...we argued back and forth, before I made the mistake of asking what she classed herself as..she said "I like to think of myself as the third gender!"

I was like

:scared0015:

Because you COULDNT tell...she had the opporation nearly fifteen years before, and I looked for tell tale signs...and couldnt tell, I went as far as wondering if she was a liar, coz honnestly, everything from bust, to face, to voice was female...I honnestly thought she was female even after she told me the truth :laugh:

So...IF this he-she had entered and noone said a word, then she might have won on true merit...but now people know...it will become a political message. If they are that bothered about beauty pagents...why cant they create a he-she only pagent....also...whilst you hear a lot about he-shes...you dont often find a she-he do you. Why is that. :huh:

J.B.
04-09-2012, 11:20 PM
IMHO itd not fair...because the he-she will win it BECAUSE she is really a he...just like that he-she won the eurovision the other year...its seen like a liberal ploy...dont vote for her and you'll be seen as making a judgement against he-shes.

Although I admit, that when the He-She grows older it gets harder and harder to tell. I met one at University, a radical feminist...we argued back and forth, before I made the mistake of asking what she classed herself as..she said "I like to think of myself as the third gender!"

I was like

Because you COULDNT tell...she had the opporation nearly fifteen years before, and I looked for tell tale signs...and couldnt tell, I went as far as wondering if she was a liar, coz honnestly, everything from bust, to face, to voice was female...I honnestly thought she was female even after she told me the truth :laugh:

So...IF this he-she had entered and noone said a word, then she might have won on true merit...but now people know...it will become a political message. If they are that bothered about beauty pagents...why cant they create a he-she only pagent....also...whilst you hear a lot about he-shes...you dont often find a she-he do you. Why is that. :huh:

two words....."Adam's apple".

Max
04-10-2012, 02:07 AM
Actually....what kids watch those competitions?

BESIDES the ones that are forced into it by parents who never won?

I agree with this. No one watches these shows, in fact I wouldnt know who Miss USA was if I ran her over with my car. If the he-she wants to do it I say more power to it. Its not like the winner of Miss Universe gets to do anything important anyway.

Max
04-10-2012, 02:13 AM
I made the mistake of asking what she classed herself as..she said "I like to think of myself as the third gender!"

I was like

you dont often find a she-he do you. Why is that. :huh:

Ive seen feminists do this before. Since gender is a society created thing its their way of going against the grain.

Because its easier to cut it off than it is to make it.

VCURamFan
04-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Ive seen feminists do this before. Since gender is a society created thing its their way of going against the grain.

Ummm, gonna have to call BS on this. I don't think society created penises & vaginas.

(side note: why is Google Chrome OK with plural male genitalia, but freaks out when I mention plural female genitalia? :blink: :laugh: )

J.B.
04-10-2012, 03:26 AM
I agree with this. No one watches these shows, in fact I wouldnt know who Miss USA was if I ran her over with my car. If the he-she wants to do it I say more power to it. Its not like the winner of Miss Universe gets to do anything important anyway.

She would probably do the world just as much good under your tires anyway. :laugh:

County Mike
04-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Ummm, gonna have to call BS on this. I don't think society created penises & vaginas.

(side note: why is Google Chrome OK with plural male genitalia, but freaks out when I mention plural female genitalia? :blink: :laugh: )

Apparently Google Chrome likes dick.

VCURamFan
04-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Apparently Google Chrome likes dick.

And lots of 'em...

Max
04-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Thats sex, gender is different. Gender deals with thigs such as masculine and feminine attributes, gender roles and gender norms. You will never hear a feminist say they are a sexless but you will often times hear them say they are genderless. What they mean is they dont conform to the typical standards that society has set for the specific genders.

PRShrek
04-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Thats sex, gender is different. Gender deals with thigs such as masculine and feminine attributes, gender roles and gender norms. You will never hear a feminist say they are a sexless but you will often times hear them say they are genderless. What they mean is they dont conform to the typical standards that society has set for the specific genders.

Bees and lions have gender attributes and norms, are you saying they are conforming to our society’s views, or are you saying that have independently evolved an artificial construct? Or perhaps, like morality, declaring ourselves ‘free’ of it doesn’t do what we think it does.

Max
04-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Bees and lions have gender attributes and norms, are you saying they are conforming to our society’s views, or are you saying that have independently evolved an artificial construct? Or perhaps, like morality, declaring ourselves ‘free’ of it doesn’t do what we think it does.

Thats true they do, in lions the male is the head of the Pride in bees the queen is the head of the hive. So the two species you gave me heve different gender roles for who is in charge. Their society has determinded who is in charge, also animals dont think like us. The gender roles in our society used to be that women stayed at home and watched the house men went out and worked. That has changed now and women working is a normal thing. Women could never work in the factories, then WWII happened. A women doctor and a male nurse used to be against gender norms, now not so much. In the Chambri culture it is the women who fish for food and do the bartering for their families, this is something that most people would consider the role of a man. Gender roles and norms change over time, sex does not.

VCURamFan
04-10-2012, 02:25 PM
For those of you who haven't seen a pic of this guy, here's a shot of him during the swimwear contest:

http://www.txmma.com/wp-content/uploads/cyborg2.jpg

County Mike
04-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Hahaha

PRShrek
04-10-2012, 02:58 PM
in lions the male is the head of the Pride in bees the queen is the head of the hive.

Thanks for clearing that up, but the point we were discussing was:

gender is a society created thing

Different cultures view gender differently, that’s true, but the intellectual blunder is to assume that changing your opinion about something changes the thing itself. Existentialism is a philosophy, not a theory.

Max
04-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Different cultures view gender differently, that’s true, but the intellectual blunder is to assume that changing your opinion about something changes the thing itself.

But in the case of gender changing your opinion does in fact change the thing it self. What is considered normal for a certain gender is defined by the society in which that person lives. The gender roles for women have changed over the past 50 years simple because peoples views on what is acceptable for women to do has changed. There for the fact that peoples opinions have changed means that the thing itself (gender roles) has changed.

Morality is the same way in fact. Different cultures will have different views on what is right and wrong. There will be some basic overlapping beliefs but others will be different. Some people feel the death penalty is immoral other see nothing wrong with it. Different people have different moral compasses, as do different societies.

Tyburn
04-10-2012, 07:28 PM

two words....."Adam's apple".

Nope...The voice and associated area was the first thing I looked for...dont forget that its not just an opporation...they are given heafty drugs for years, drugs that basically mutate their bodies...she'd had the best part of two decades of drugs...I dont know if her adams apple had shrivled...or if something else in her throat had changed shape...but there was NO sign of what she had been...not one...well...maybe one...but I didnt go there :laugh:

Tyburn
04-10-2012, 07:29 PM

its probably cheaper to strap one on, then safely chop and gouge :laugh:

Tyburn
04-10-2012, 07:30 PM

why were you asking google chrome about any genitalia :blink::laugh:

VCURamFan
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
why were you asking google chrome about any genitalia :blink::laugh:
It gave me the squiggly red spell-check lines under "vaginas". I didn't ask it about 'em, it just forced its preconcieved gender issues on me! :frantics:

Tyburn
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM

Put two male zebra finches in the same cage that are of a spawning age, without females for prolonged periods, and they WILL attempt to mate. :laugh:

...Albiet that the force to reproduce is so strong they are willing to try, im not sure there is any sexual attraction.

The Males tend to simply mate...but the females have preferences. Before I introduced females Levon and Pettis would occasionally attempt to mate with each other, when I did introduce females, Bonnie would only mate with Pettis...but Levon would try to rape her if he could. It was clearly consensual with one, and not with another which implies the females at any rate have preference

I dont know if females left on their own would try to mate together or not. I actually thing that with Zebra finches, the drive to reproduce might be opposite to that in Humans...rather then stemming from the female...I think it might stem from the male instead.

Even when he was dying Pettis was trying to mate...the very last picture I have of the pair together is when Pettis is on top of Bonnie and is so exhausted he's fallen asleep...She on the other hand is wondering WTF is taking so long

The photo is at the 1.17 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma5Mihcawqk

Bonnie
04-10-2012, 08:01 PM

It gave me the squiggly red spell-check lines under "vaginas". I didn't ask it about 'em, it just forced its preconcieved gender issues on me! :frantics:

It's spellcheck must not have the plural included so it ?s the spelling whenever it sees it. You should notify them of this oversight, Ben. :laugh:

J.B.
04-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Nope...The voice and associated area was the first thing I looked for...dont forget that its not just an opporation...they are given heafty drugs for years, drugs that basically mutate their bodies...she'd had the best part of two decades of drugs...I dont know if her adams apple had shrivled...or if something else in her throat had changed shape...but there was NO sign of what she had been...not one...well...maybe one...but I didnt go there :laugh:

Okay, Sherlock Holmes! :laugh:

I was just making a joke, lol

Vizion
04-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Like I said, I agree with your point, for the most part.

However, you can't expect to defeat the biggest problems facing humanity by always focusing on the smaller issues. Especially one like this. Yeah, kids watch it (no they dont, I was wrong. see my post below), and they also watch "Jersey Shore", "American Idol", and "Human Centipede". Aren't parents supposed to actually, and I know this sounds crazy, be PARENTS?

I'm not saying I like it, but that's the world we live in. Wanna know something more disturbing than any beauty contest, movie, song, or video game? Use google to find out how many pedophiles live in your area (not saying anyone in specific, but rather in general).
Baby steps ... you have to address ALL problems, not just the big ones. Perception is reality here.

Satan is clever - he has most of the world duped already, and it is through the subtleties he gains most of his power over us.

Every influence there is can be a potential rift between us and God. This may just be a contest to you, but the reality is there is a wicked agenda attached to the back of it.

County Mike
04-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Put two male zebra finches in the same cage that are of a spawning age, without females for prolonged periods, and they WILL attempt to mate. :laugh:

Yeah. In human terms, that's called PRISON.

Primadawn
04-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Maybe Google Chrome sees vagina as a latin-root word and thinks the plural should be vaginae.

J.B.
04-13-2012, 07:31 AM

Dave....I think he is right. Set the birds free!:unsure:

Tyburn
04-14-2012, 02:55 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyburn
04-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Dave....I think he is right. Set the birds free!:unsure:

One of those Birds was Pettis...He mated with Bonnie, and had five Children before he died about 11 1/2 months ago.

The other bird was Levon, he was a serial rapist...who would try to mate with everything and anything, male or female, invited or not. His genetics were catastrophic...and his mate produced still borns and mutant babies...so I sent her to market, whereas I kept Levon with a range of other males until I had to downsize and he went to market.

J.B.
04-16-2012, 11:48 AM
The other bird was Levon, he was a serial rapist...

:blink:

Well then, I guess a cage sounds like a good place for him. :laugh: