PDA

View Full Version : Looks like it is going to be Mitt ....

rearnakedchoke
03-21-2012, 07:10 PM
What are your feelings about him, will you vote him in, and do you think he will win!!!!!
http://conservativenewssources.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/what-does-mitt-romney-stand-for.jpg

PRShrek
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Heís no royal flush, but Iíll see and raise. I had him checked on my ballot the last time around, but I never even got to send it in, something else to thank McCain for. Iíd prefer he was a good Baptist, war hero, true conservative etc., maybe next time. Iíd be surprised if he doesnít beat Bama in a landslide, but stupider things have happened.

Bella79
03-21-2012, 08:08 PM
I like Mitt. He is who I am hoping will win.

flo
03-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Yes, I'm hoping he wins too. I think the republican establishment is getting the word out after the Illinois win since today Jeb Bush endorsed him (so did the Tea Party) and they both urged the party to unite and get behind him.

I am REALLY hoping that he chooses Marco Rubio as a running mate. He is an awesome person, would pretty much guarantee FL for the Repubs and I think with Rubio they win by a big margin. This is my dream ticket!

I don't know about you guys but I paid $4.14/gallon last week for gas. This alone will have an impact on the election. I realize it's not Obama's fault - just as it wasn't Bush's fault - but the top guy will get blamed regardless. Plus he nixed the Canadian (Keystone) pipeline project.

Bonnie
03-22-2012, 04:26 AM
I'm concerned about the issue of women's health care and how this could affect Romney. They've already got Hollywood out touting Obama as the only one who cares about women's health.

And it would be helpful if Romney and his peeps would pause and think before answering the media's questions. They're like the gift that keeps giving, now it's "Etch a Sketch"! <sigh> I thought Gingrich and Santorum looked stupid when I saw them on the news each holding one. :rolleyes:

flo
03-22-2012, 05:26 AM
I'm concerned about the issue of women's health care and how this could affect Romney. They've already got Hollywood out touting Obama as the only one who cares about women's health.

And it would be helpful if Romney and his peeps would pause and think before answering the media's questions. They're like the gift that keeps giving, now it's "Etch a Sketch"! <sigh> I thought Gingrich and Santorum looked stupid when I saw them on the news each holding one. :rolleyes:

I thought they did too, Bonnie. Well, they will have lots of time to play with their etch-a-sketches in a month (or less).

I think it's ludicrous how the Obama admin. is trying so desperately to make this about "women's health". Since when is forcing church-owned entities to pay for your birth control "women's health"? Romney handled that heckler perfectly when he said "if you want free birth control, vote for the other guy". I hope the dems keep pushing that topic because it's a sure loser when we have such high debt and inflation, unemployment and gas over $4/gallon (and rising) - which in turn affects the price of all goods and services. Like Clinton said "It's the economy, stupid!". That was a winner for him and it will be for Romney as well.

Bonnie
03-22-2012, 09:15 AM
I thought they did too, Bonnie. Well, they will have lots of time to play with their etch-a-sketches in a month (or less).

I think it's ludicrous how the Obama admin. is trying so desperately to make this about "women's health". Since when is forcing church-owned entities to pay for your birth control "women's health"? Romney handled that heckler perfectly when he said "if you want free birth control, vote for the other guy". I hope the dems keep pushing that topic because it's a sure loser when we have such high debt and inflation, unemployment and gas over $4/gallon (and rising) - which in turn affects the price of all goods and services. Like Clinton said "It's the economy, stupid!". That was a winner for him and it will be for Romney as well.

I did happen to see that clip of that young woman, and I did like Romney's response. I must have missed it, when exactly did making birth control "free" become such a hot button? Did this start with Planned Parenthood and what's been going on with federal financial aid being taken away? I know a lot of women here in Texas aren't feeling too kindly toward our governor right now because of it.

You never know what's going to hit the fancy of people during an election and cause a wave of support for the other guy. There are a lot of people out there like that young woman who for some reason think they deserve free this and free that. People with that mindset are not worrying about how that "free" would be paid for and the impact on the economy.

County Mike
03-22-2012, 11:23 AM
He'll only beat Obama if Ron Paul is his running mate. Otherwise, a huge portion of the Republican vote will vote for Ron Paul as an independent or write in.

Primadawn
03-22-2012, 01:33 PM
I would vote for most any Republican over Obama, but I had been pulling for Santorum.

As for the free birth control, people who look for handouts generally vote Democrat anyway, so it's not like Obama's swaying any new votes with that. I think a lot of people that voted for Obama last time because they were young and stupid and caught up in the media hype are now 4 years older, wiser and ticked off at the crappy situation we're now in and will vote smarter this time.

At least I HOPE!

Neezar
03-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Do people in this country really not know that we already have free birth control? :unsure: Anyone can go to their local health department and get free birth control.

Neezar
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Women and men can also get free testing for std's at the health dept. Women can get their yearly exams there for free.

Tons of these people come to the emergency room to get these tests though. They run up a huge bill and just don't pay it. Leaving it for the tax payers to worry about. When you ask why they didn't go to the health dept where the test is free, they usually say that because the wait was too long. :rolleyes: You know why the wait is so long? Because the health dept is ran by the government. So when Obama Care kicks in then all medicial facilities will slowly become managed just like the local health dept.

NateR
03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
You know why the wait is so long? Because the health dept is ran by the government. So when Obama Care kicks in then all medicial facilities will slowly become managed just like the local health dept.

It was my 10 years in the Army that convinced me that I wanted nothing to do with government run healthcare. When you are put on a 6-month waiting list for a blood test and then show up for your appointment only to have it cancelled and postponed another 3 months, then it's pretty convincing evidence that the US government is just as incompetent at running healthcare as they are at everything else.

rearnakedchoke
03-22-2012, 03:21 PM
yeah, i wouldn't have faith in the gov't running things if i were you guys either ... had to get my license renewed at the canadian version of the dmv, put a dollar in the parking meter which was enought for 45 minutes .. was out in 5 ... can go to any doctor with my health card and get a check up, blood test xray, whatever and don't have to worry about paying there ... obamacare may be a bad model for universal health care, but it doesn't mean it won't work ...

NateR
03-22-2012, 06:27 PM
obamacare may be a bad model for universal health care, but it doesn't mean it won't work ...

If it forces American taxpayers to fund abortions, then it doesn't matter if it works or not. It's immoral and should be declared unconstitutional.

Neezar
03-22-2012, 08:20 PM
yeah, i wouldn't have faith in the gov't running things if i were you guys either ... had to get my license renewed at the canadian version of the dmv, put a dollar in the parking meter which was enought for 45 minutes .. was out in 5 ... can go to any doctor with my health card and get a check up, blood test xray, whatever and don't have to worry about paying there ... obamacare may be a bad model for universal health care, but it doesn't mean it won't work ...

Do you guys have to call a RN hotline before making a trip to the emergency room?

Bella79
03-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Do you guys have to call a RN hotline before making a trip to the emergency room?

Yes. My bestie is Canadian. She's always calling the RN hotline before she can go to be seen.

Bonnie
03-22-2012, 09:31 PM
He'll only beat Obama if Ron Paul is his running mate. Otherwise, a huge portion of the Republican vote will vote for Ron Paul as an independent or write in.

I don't know about "huge", but I am concerned "enough" will vote for him to possibly make the difference that's going to give us another 4 years of Obama.

I would vote for most any Republican over Obama, but I had been pulling for Santorum.

As for the free birth control, people who look for handouts generally vote Democrat anyway, so it's not like Obama's swaying any new votes with that. I think a lot of people that voted for Obama last time because they were young and stupid and caught up in the media hype are now 4 years older, wiser and ticked off at the crappy situation we're now in and will vote smarter this time.

At least I HOPE!

He might lose some of those independents who understand now what their vote got them, but that still leaves a lot of people who simply voted color to see a first black president elected and/or because of what they thought that was going to get them as far as "change". I guess we'll have to wait to see whether or not the spell of his charm and charisma and pretty words that worked so well last time for him is still strong enough to win over the reality.

rearnakedchoke
03-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Yes. My bestie is Canadian. She's always calling the RN hotline before she can go to be seen.

nah, you don't have to ... i never have ... they have an RN line that i call when the kids are sick, but that is just to get advice at like 3am ... don't know where she lives, but i am in toronto and have no problems getting into emerg ... in fact, the hospital that is closest to me has a fast track so if you gotta get xrays, stitches etc you get put through that track and are out in an hour or so ...

rearnakedchoke
03-22-2012, 11:30 PM
If it forces American taxpayers to fund abortions, then it doesn't matter if it works or not. It's immoral and should be declared unconstitutional.

well, about 10% of abortions are already paid by the gov't, so sadly, your tax dollars are probably already going to abortion ... and doesn't mean the universal health care means everything is free ... up here things like abortions (last time i checked), plastic surgery etc are not covered ...

Neezar
03-23-2012, 01:32 AM

Well I love that idea. :laugh: It would save me a lot of trouble at work. We had a lady who woke up with a "charlie horse" (her words) in her leg at 2 am and came to the emergency room.

Nurse: Ma'am on a scale from 1-10 how bad is your leg hurting?
Lady: 0.
Nurse: :scared0015:
Lady: Er, well, it is not hurting now. But it lasted for probaly, um, 4 or 5 whole minutes! I thought maybe that meant something was wrong.
Nurse: :mellow:
Lady: Well, I read on the internet that it could mean.......

Later when nurse walks out of room:

Nurse --> :duh:

Primadawn
03-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Medicaid in many states pays for abortions, so your tax dollars are already funding abortion whether you like it or not. Disgusting.

BradW
03-24-2012, 04:09 PM

your bestie may call the RN hotline before she go's but she doesn't have too....its set up for people to get advice without actually going to see a doctor...if the problem warrants seeing a Doctor then they will advise you to go but you can go to an emergency room without talking to anyone any time you want.

Tyburn
03-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I have a big problem with Romney. :mellow:

He isnt a Christian :unsure-1:

I liked the guy who promised to invest in space, because I hate to say this, but I dont think we will sort out some of the issues we have, and may one day need to leave. I think of space like I think of clean energy...people should be investing in it now, even though its expensive...coz when the other options konk out its too late to START then.

There is one thing I DO like about Mormons though.... :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZ3jPMM5Ac

:laugh::happydancing::laugh:

rearnakedchoke
03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I have a big problem with Romney. :mellow:

He isnt a Christian :unsure-1:

I liked the guy who promised to invest in space, because I hate to say this, but I dont think we will sort out some of the issues we have, and may one day need to leave. I think of space like I think of clean energy...people should be investing in it now, even though its expensive...coz when the other options konk out its too late to START then.

There is one thing I DO like about Mormons though.... :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZ3jPMM5Ac

:laugh::happydancing::laugh:

was it you that some time ago said that the US president had to be a Christian?

Bella79
03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Well I love that idea. :laugh: It would save me a lot of trouble at work. We had a lady who woke up with a "charlie horse" (her words) in her leg at 2 am and came to the emergency room.

Nurse: Ma'am on a scale from 1-10 how bad is your leg hurting?
Lady: 0.
Nurse: :scared0015:
Lady: Er, well, it is not hurting now. But it lasted for probaly, um, 4 or 5 whole minutes! I thought maybe that meant something was wrong.
Nurse: :mellow:
Lady: Well, I read on the internet that it could mean.......

Later when nurse walks out of room:

Nurse --> :duh:
I can't stand people like that!! They clog up the ER's and the people with true emergencies have to sit or the poor nurses have to sit there and explain to these idiots Prudent Layperson! GRRRRRRRR.. I find most of these idiots in the ER have either state aid or low ER co-pays. A person with a $250 co-pay surely isn't going to go in for a little cramp! lol :angry:

Tyburn
03-28-2012, 07:24 PM
was it you that some time ago said that the US president had to be a Christian?

Its designed thus, yes. Obviously its not denominationally specific because that would be to set up an established Church by default, and that would be unconstitutional...although, you will note that National Cathedral in the Capitol IS Denominationally specific...it only really plays host to national ceremonial events...its not to be confused with an American See akin to some Primacy. That to the Americans would be unspeakably ugly....although Ironically...it actually IS the Primacy for the Entire American Episcopal Church. Washingto National Cathedral is wholly inappropriate for a society governed by the American Constitution...but because America is so interdenominational...people only see it as head of a particular denomination, and not head of the entire Christian Church in America...infact, I dare say thats mostly because The Southern Baptists actually have a far greater impact on the society, and thus they have almost neutralized, this psedo pretense of Washington National as anything representative of wholistic Christondom...but its important to note, because all you need is a President who vehemently opposes the Episcopalian See...and if National pulled rank...I think that the whole church/state thing would suddenly blow up in everyones face big time.

The point was that America shouldnt NEED an established church, because the founding Fathers probably never conceived of a secular culture. The removal of the church/state link was NOT to encouargage secularism, it was merely to STOP wars WITHIN Christondom. I dont think they ever thought of other faiths, or no faiths....the implication is that everyone is Christian...and everyone may be free to worship how they wish. That is the legacy of the Reformation and the English Civil War...that different Denominations of the same faith turned on each other, charged each other with false witness, and the blood of many martyres was spilt. Thats why people left for the collonies...thats what put NEW into the New World.

So to have a President that is not Christian actually threatens the foundations of the entire document. Why? because its designed as a Christian Utopia...remove religion from that, and you exclude GOD...if GOD becomes irrelevent, then the US Constitution becomes nothing but a set of rules, so twisted out of context that they may creat the very society that they were supposed to prevent from ever occuring again.

Mormonism is not a Christian Denomination. Its a Cult. The only reason I am not outraged and making a scene, is because the classification of Denominations has been known to shift. In the time of the Constitution, the Freemasons and Deists were recognised as a Christians Denomination...now most people do not accept them anymore...for want of a better word, they have been ex-communicated by the zeitgiest since...there may come a time when the Mormons are accepted by Christianity...they do at least have the Bible...which is more then we can say for any other Religion.

What I am saying is...its a Cult, but at least its a Christian Cult...its a step below what the constitution aspires to...but a step above disaster...

Perish the thought that a future President would be a Heathen...or someone of an opposing faith. without a revival of epic proportions however, this will eventually happen...and when it does, I suppose the last great vestige of Christondom will have been extinguished. :sad:

rearnakedchoke
03-29-2012, 01:07 AM
yeah what you said ... i just find it funny that people were up in arms because they felt that obama wasn't a christian and there was even a big thread about it .. now they are willing to vote in a guy regardless of his religion ... LOL

PRShrek
03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
people were up in arms because they felt that obama wasn't a christian and there was even a big thread about it

I donít remember that, was that on this forum? Do you have a link?

now they are willing to vote in a guy regardless of his religion ... LOL

Given a choice between a competent Mormon and an incompetent Liberation Theologist, which would you suggest?

Bella79
03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
yeah what you said ... i just find it funny that people were up in arms because they felt that obama wasn't a christian and there was even a big thread about it .. now they are willing to vote in a guy regardless of his religion ... LOL

The lesser threat to me is a Mormon >Muslim anyday ending with Y.

Bella79
03-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Medicaid in many states pays for abortions, so your tax dollars are already funding abortion whether you like it or not. Disgusting.

They need to have depo shots for these women depending on state aid you don't want the government controlling your family planning don't use the aid! This coming from a Catholic.lol.:scared0011:

rearnakedchoke
03-29-2012, 07:30 PM
I donít remember that, was that on this forum? Do you have a link?

Given a choice between a competent Mormon and an incompetent Liberation Theologist, which would you suggest?

i think mark hughes started it asking if they thought obama was a christian ...

given the choice? its tough ... but i'd go with obama again .. romney is a flip flopper and republican by convenience (i didn't make that up, but i agree) ... just like a lot of the many republican politiicians ( i guess you could say the same for some dems too)

PRShrek
03-29-2012, 07:50 PM
i think mark hughes started it asking if they thought obama was a christian ...

given the choice? its tough ... but i'd go with obama again .. romney is a flip flopper and republican by convenience (i didn't make that up, but i agree) ... just like a lot of the many republican politiicians ( i guess you could say the same for some dems too)

The flip flopper charge sticks to Obama just as well as it does to Romney, so I donít see that as a deciding factor. Also, no one runs for governor of Kennedyland as a Republican out of convenience, Iím sure he chose the R because he thought it was a better fit for him.

Anyway, too bad you couldnít find that other thread you mentioned. As a wild guess, I expect if anyone was worked up it was because Obama was claiming to be a Christian, so if he was not what he was claiming to be that would be an issue. I donít think Mitt has ever claimed to be anything other than Mormon.

flo
03-29-2012, 08:34 PM
The flip flopper charge sticks to Obama just as well as it does to Romney, so I don’t see that as a deciding factor. Also, no one runs for governor of Kennedyland as a Republican out of convenience, I’m sure he chose the R because he thought it was a better fit for him.

Anyway, too bad you couldn’t find that other thread you mentioned. As a wild guess, I expect if anyone was worked up it was because Obama was claiming to be a Christian, so if he was not what he was claiming to be that would be an issue. I don’t think Mitt has ever claimed to be anything other than Mormon.

:happy0159:

He's our best bet to replace Obama. He has consistently polled that way since early last summer. Put Rubio on the ticket and it's a great team; with gas prices as they are (fair or not), they will win big - if not a landslide.

PRShrek
03-29-2012, 08:45 PM
:happy0159:

He's our best bet to replace Obama. He has consistently polled that way since early last summer. Put Rubio on the ticket and it's a great team; with gas prices as they are (fair or not), they will win big - if not a landslide.

Gas prices were fair enough when they were hitting George over the head with them, we’ll see how the goose likes it! I do enjoy a good landslide, don't you?

flo
03-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Gas prices were fair enough when they were hitting George over the head with them, weíll see how the goose likes it! I do enjoy a good landslide, don't you?

Sure do!!!

Yes, I remember that really well back in early '07 when gas prices started spiking. It was all the fault of Bu$Hilter and the evil Dick Cheney along with their big oil cronies. I remember Pelosi and Reid lambasting GWB over those prices. Candidate Obama blamed him as well. Now we just hear *crickets chirping* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdq0nN_JLtU&feature=related) and I pay $4.18 a gallon.

rearnakedchoke
03-30-2012, 07:59 PM
The flip flopper charge sticks to Obama just as well as it does to Romney, so I donít see that as a deciding factor. Also, no one runs for governor of Kennedyland as a Republican out of convenience, Iím sure he chose the R because he thought it was a better fit for him.

Anyway, too bad you couldnít find that other thread you mentioned. As a wild guess, I expect if anyone was worked up it was because Obama was claiming to be a Christian, so if he was not what he was claiming to be that would be an issue. I donít think Mitt has ever claimed to be anything other than Mormon.

on the first part, i guess you are right, i guess that is what is so interesting about american politics (to a canadian) .. you have these rich guys vying against each other to run the country ... some of them probably care about the country, others do it for their egos ... one side targets the more liberal population, a lot of visible minorites etc to get their agenda across, the other side targets the mid to lower class religious to get the votes to push across their fiscal agenda ... i guess as an american, you gotta choose the lesser of two evils (someone else in this thread used that, so i am stealing it) ... cuz i guess if you took a look at most people, majority of the population will fall a little bit one either side ...

on the second post, you are right, that is what it was about ... don't remember how long you have been here for, but if any thread went up about GWB about his policies or whatever, it was taken down because it was seen as criticizing the POTUS ... since 2008, threads have been opening up left, right and centre criticizing the POTUS and its fair game .. LOL

flo
03-30-2012, 08:51 PM
on the first part, i guess you are right, i guess that is what is so interesting about american politics (to a canadian) .. you have these rich guys vying against each other to run the country ... some of them probably care about the country, others do it for their egos ... one side targets the more liberal population, a lot of visible minorites etc to get their agenda across, the other side targets the mid to lower class religious to get the votes to push across their fiscal agenda ... i guess as an american, you gotta choose the lesser of two evils (someone else in this thread used that, so i am stealing it) ... cuz i guess if you took a look at most people, majority of the population will fall a little bit one either side ...

on the second post, you are right, that is what it was about ... don't remember how long you have been here for, but if any thread went up about GWB about his policies or whatever, it was taken down because it was seen as criticizing the POTUS ... since 2008, threads have been opening up left, right and centre criticizing the POTUS and its fair game .. LOL

Well, Matt's a conservative so it's likely that more people will be critical of Pres. Obama than GWB. Besides, Bush was massacred by the left for 8 years. Massacred! Just speaking for myself, turn-about is fair play. Not to mention Barack Obama has been a disaster as a president. All his talk about being the "president of all the states" was just more empty rhetoric. He's in part responsible for the increasing divisiveness of our country. A big part. I'll be very relieved when he goes back to Chicago in January, 2013.

This isn't particularly directed at you, rnc, because the left in general just LOVE to talk about "rich guys" (you forgot to add "white") like Romney running for president. Well, who do they think will run, hobos? I say bravo to Mitt for being a success and making lots of money. That's what we aspire to as well, we aren't working to be failures or to go bankrupt. It's just more class warfare talk. This country is all about the opportunity to be a success and make money. Just ask immigrants who have come here, worked hard and now own their own businesses. Ask Cesar Millan.

I think all candidates on both sides love their country to varying degrees and don't you think they have to have some "ego" to run for the leadership of the most powerful country in the world? But you're right about each "side" appealing to their base. Anyway, just my two cents. :)

rearnakedchoke
03-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Well, Matt's a conservative so it's likely that more people will be critical of Pres. Obama than GWB. Besides, Bush was massacred by the left for 8 years. Massacred! Just speaking for myself, turn-about is fair play. Not to mention Barack Obama has been a disaster as a president. All his talk about being the "president of all the states" was just more empty rhetoric. He's in part responsible for the increasing divisiveness of our country. A big part. I'll be very relieved when he goes back to Chicago in January, 2013.

This isn't particularly directed at you, rnc, because the left in general just LOVE to talk about "rich guys" (you forgot to add "white") like Romney running for president. Well, who do they think will run, hobos? I say bravo to Mitt for being a success and making lots of money. That's what we aspire to as well, we aren't working to be failures or to go bankrupt. It's just more class warfare talk. This country is all about the opportunity to be a success and make money. Just ask immigrants who have come here, worked hard and now own their own businesses. Ask Cesar Millan.

I think all candidates on both sides love their country to varying degrees and don't you think they have to have some "ego" to run for the leadership of the most powerful country in the world? But you're right about each "side" appealing to their base. Anyway, just my two cents. :)

well, as an outsider looking in, it can go the same for both sides ... john kerry was one of those rich white guys running ..

flo
03-31-2012, 01:04 AM
well, as an outsider looking in, it can go the same for both sides ... john kerry was one of those rich white guys running ..

You're right! Only the left didn't castigate Kerry as a "rich white man", it was OK then. Of course, the right painted him as an elitist. Both sides are guilty of stereotyping but it is almost exclusively the domain of the liberal left to try to paint success and wealth as something to be sneered at or disdained.

The hypocrisy the right can own is touting "family values" while having politicians such as Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mark Sanford, etc. representing them.

Tyburn
04-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Now we just hear *crickets chirping* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdq0nN_JLtU&feature=related) and I pay $4.18 a gallon.

:laugh: I love how that actually has news footage of them slagging off the Republicans for high oil prices and then to see that nothings changed and its got worse...:laugh:

CAVEMAN1
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I don't care for Romney.......I honestly do not think he will be much better than Obama. Every 4 years we get to pick the media's established candidate and IT'S WRONG! Seriously, what choices do we get? Our legislature and media has broken the system!:angry:

rearnakedchoke
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
just wondering .. it looks like its a foregone conclusion that mitt is the man .. does it help or hurt him that the others in the race aren't conceding and dragging this on ... or does this have to happen this way???

PRShrek
04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
just wondering .. it looks like its a foregone conclusion that mitt is the man .. does it help or hurt him that the others in the race aren't conceding and dragging this on ... or does this have to happen this way???

It hurts them, mostly. I think the way Mitt conducted himself after he lost last time is part of the reason he did so well this time. I think Gingrich and especially Santorum really downgraded themselves by playing sore looser.

rearnakedchoke
04-25-2012, 04:22 PM
It hurts them, mostly. I think the way Mitt conducted himself after he lost last time is part of the reason he did so well this time. I think Gingrich and especially Santorum really downgraded themselves by playing sore looser.

i guess .. but it may also work in his favour ... the more he wins these states handily could sway the "hard-core" conservatives who have said they wouldn't vote for a mormon .. i could be wrong though ..

PRShrek
04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
the "hard-core" conservatives who have said they wouldn't vote for a mormon ...

I donít know many of those, I think that is largely a wishful thinking myth among liberals, born of fear that Mitt will beat the crap out of The Obama.

flo
04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Gingrich has said this morning that he is dropping out.

He will complete his North Carolina schedule this week, making it something of a goodbye tour while supporters, friends and family arrive from across the country for his departure from the race.
------
Gingrich said that he and Callista are still committed to going to Tampa, but made it clear that they would be attending as Romney supporters and not as spoilers for the nomination.

As for Ron Paul...well, he's on a Paulian schedule.

flo
04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
the more he wins these states handily could sway the "hard-core" conservatives who have said they wouldn't vote for a mormon

Those people you are talking about, rnc, are just so biased and, frankly, idiotic, IMO. Romney is not running for a religious position but for a secular government position. Anyone who has actually spent time with Mormons knows that in general they are wonderful people - family oriented, involved in their communities and very supportive of those in need.

I don’t know many of those, I think that is largely a wishful thinking myth among liberals, born of fear that Mitt will beat the crap out of The Obama.

I hope you're right about that PRS. I've been telling my better half that Mitt will win by a landslide (and a bit of that may be my wishful thinking :-) It's the economy. Meanwhile, Pres. Obama is running around campaigning in swing states on taxpayer dollars while claiming it is "official business".

County Mike
04-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Word about Romney's potential VP running mates was in CNN today. One of the possibilities that makes sense to me is Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son). Ron Paul still has a very large following that would vote for him as an independent. If Rand was VP candidate, Ron would most likely remove himself from the running and support the Romney/Paul ticket and push his supporters in that direction. I really think that's Romney's best bet.

flo
04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Word about Romney's potential VP running mates was in CNN today. One of the possibilities that makes sense to me is Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son). Ron Paul still has a very large following that would vote for him as an independent. If Rand was VP candidate, Ron would most likely remove himself from the running and support the Romney/Paul ticket and push his supporters in that direction. I really think that's Romney's best bet.

Mike, my husband and I have both thought from the beginning that Paul the Elder's point in staying in the race was to secure a position or political advantage for his son. Rand seems to be a little more flexible in his foreign policy views and I think he would be a great choice for VP.