PDA

View Full Version : Got Completion!

Tyburn
02-09-2012, 11:57 AM
One Hour and Ten Mins early, I can confirm that my Lawyers have told me the House has passed completion. I am now, by law a home owner, I own the House completely, and shall remain in possession until I either default on Mortgage payments, in which case the bank will take possession, or I clear my debts with the bank in regards to the purchase schedualed around thirty-five years time from now, or sooner if I fall into about 57K Stirling :laugh:

I am about to go to the Estates who should have the keys to the property and will surrender them to me.

I plan to take possession of the house for the first time in a physical capacity at 19.00hrs GMT on Thursday 9th February 2012 roughly six hours from now :happydancing:

Primadawn
02-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Hooray!!! :happydancing:

Congrats, Dave!!!

VCURamFan
02-09-2012, 01:57 PM
HOOOOORAAAAAAAAYYY BEER- I mean - DAVE!!! :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

MattHughesRocks
02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Congratulations Dave! :w00t:

:happydancing:

PM me your new address!

Bonnie
02-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I know it's an exciting moment, Dave, congratulations! :)

Tyburn
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
thank you everyone :ashamed:

County Mike
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Now the homeowner fun can REALLY start. Hope you're good at fixing stuff.

Congrats!

Play The Man
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Pictures or video tour?

Congratulations!

flo
02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Congratulations, Dave! I'm so happy for you!

Tyburn
02-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Pictures or video tour?

Congratulations!

:laugh: You wont get a tour of markenfield. You will get videos at markenfield, just like you got at Granville.

Shortly you WILL get a video tour of Granville because now that I am leaving, I dont mind people knowing the specific layout.

I am very open, but somethings will remain private, and I draw the line at Cribs to be perfectly honnest, UNTIL I leave...then, obviously, I dont really care :laugh:

Tyburn
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Now the homeowner fun can REALLY start. Hope you're good at fixing stuff.

Congrats!

I discovered recently, that I am a dab hand as an electrician. I am not sure how good I will be at carpentry, and I shall find out shortly if I am worth anything as a decorator.

Behind my computer lies a plug socket that juts out in a little box from the wall. The computer monitor once fell off the back and smushed the little box asunder.

I taped off the whole area with duct tape, but had to address the issue this week. Taking the old box away in bits was easy...I hoped to be able to get a case that would have an open underneith so I could just snap it into place...but such things havent been invented...so I managed to get the right size box and then realized that I would have to take the socket apart, thread all the wires through the box and reattach...bear in mind, I dont own a screw drive, and have never done anything like this before.

Fine though...easy enough, red in the red hole, black in the black hole, funny twiddly bit in the hole left...except, there were THREE Red Wires, THREE Black Wires and only one twiddly bit...the ends of all the colours were squashed into the one hole.

Soooo I took my knife and began to undo the tiny little screws...I started with the twiddly bit...then I went for the red...I noticed that as I released the screw from the hole the ends of the red wires would touch each other and make a funny noise :unsure:

sooooo I went to the fusebox and I pressed the magic button...after that the red wires didnt seem to mind close contact.

The next problem was that the back of the box had a hole that was only big enough for one wire...sooooo taking the big metal kitchen poker...I think designed for roasting chickens on...I committed an act of vandalism on the back of the box to make sure the holes were big enough, but avoiding cracking to the sides....then it was a case of rethread, rescrew...and flip the fusebox switch and hope to heaven nothing goes bang.

Nothing did go bang...but then I had a problem, there were no screw holes in the back of the box to connect it to the wall, which is a foolish design...sooo I went to my picture frame hanging set, got a few nails, banged them in and hooked the back of the box lip over the line of screws...like how you hang a painting basically.

I was most proud of myself that the whole saga had taken less then an hour, and I hadnt managed to cause an electrical fire or kill myself by accidently electrocuting myself on mains voltage.

who knew I could ever do something like that and it not go wrong. :laugh:

Bella79
02-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Congrats Tyburn!! I say no to any wallpaper. That is very 80's and not in a good way.. Stay modern!! xoxo

County Mike
02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Good job Mr. Electrician. Perhaps this year for Christmas, you could ask for some proper tools. :)