PDA

View Full Version : Got the Mortgage

Tyburn
01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Today the Underwriters of National Westminster have signed off on my application for 56K Stirling Mortgage.

It was a LONG process that began on Advent Sunday 2011. We had already by that point confirmed the principle price of 85K Stirling for the property with the Vendors. We had an initial deposit from my parents, and we had a Broker who had already got us a good deal, and that deal fell apart before we did the paperwork on the account of it being a specialized mortgage.

Thus we tried to go with a second mortgage through the Mortgage Works of Nation Wide Bank. This mortgage was to be a Guarentour Mortgage which meant my Father would be culpable for the loan if I ended up bankrupt. We pointed out that my Father would be well over the age of retirement by the time the thirty five year repayment was complete. The Broker said it didnt matter, but on December 13th after three weeks of paperwork assessment the Bank rejected the application and we had to begin all over again.

Thankfully the Lawyers had already been doing their searches and everything checked out alright. So we proceeded to apply for the third Mortgage to another bank. This time a perfectly normal mortgage which did mean my parents initial deposit had to be significantly more. Once that was sorted out everything shut for Christmas and New year.

Then something went wrong. National Westminster refused to book the valuation survay on the account that I had received a 1000 pound pay cut. This was nonsence, but not one of my brokers had explained to them that I get paid on a Luna Cycle not a Callendar Month. I only found this out when I rang them directly for a different matter, and was told the financial advisors had sat on the information for nearly a week.

Furious I got them to recalculate according to the moon, and they confirmed that we were back on track. The Valuation booking occured on Tuesday, the Valuation Survay to check the house is worth more then im asking for, took place yesterday after which I heard that the application was now with the underwriters who would sign off the deal if they felt it was alright.

Today I heard that they did so. The aggreement is already in the post to me. Once I have obtained that offer, assuming it is identical to the application, which it should be. I will have secured myself the funds to properly buy the house.

The Lawyers have been made aware. The final stage of Contracts, and insurance will be taking place as soon as possible. With a move looking likely within the first week of February I hope!

Miss Foxy
01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Congrats Dave!!!! Happy for you!! Now when I roll into town I have a place to stay!! :laugh:

Neezar
01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
:happydancing:

Now you can get more birds! lol

VCURamFan
01-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Congats, Dave, that's awesome man!! :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

Tyburn
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM

Now you can get more birds! lol

As we speak my 87 year old Grandmother is searching the internet for Averies!

Yes...thats right. The property has a Garden. The Garden has a shed. We are going to transform the shed into an Avery....and then the Quails, Zebra Finches, Society Finches, Budgies, Canaries, and peach faced love birds, will be moving in with me!

On the second ledge down I shall be having urban chickens, and on the final ledge of this sloped Garden, I shall have a vegetable patch!

You aint seen NOTHING yet :laugh:

VCURamFan
01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Dave, you're getting all domesticated & stuff!

You'll be like a giant Sam Gamgee! :w00t:

http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/2/20/Sam.jpg

Tyburn
01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Dave, you're getting all domesticated & stuff!

You'll be like a giant Sam Gamgee! :w00t:

http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/2/20/Sam.jpg

I've never had a proper home of my own before, nothing to be house proud about. The first two houses were my parents, the next four houses were associated with university, the house after that was run by an institution, and then we've had Granville.

But this next house will not be rented from some crappy landlord who steals my money and gives nothing in return. It shall not be run by a spiteful instituion that thinks it controls your off duty hours as well as your paid employment. It shall not be a shabby room next to a billion other shabby rooms.

noone will come and inspect, noone will try and intimidate. I dont need to ask permission to do what I want.

Which means I can do what I want, and all the responsibility lies with me. It is a gift to treasure and use, it is a building I can convert into my own palace. I can paint the walls, decided I hate it, and wall paper instead! I can grow my own vegetable again, after Twelve Years of longing, they will be my vegetables, in my vegetable patch. I can have as many birds as I want, I can put them all outside in this avery, I can breed them if I so choose without worry that someone will dissaprove.

Everytime I pay the mortgage I shall own a little more of that house, a little more of the estate will fall directly to me, no middleman, no parents, no institution.

I have scarce dared to dream of this, for fear it will not come to fruition. But the possibilities, the projects, the excitement.

...and this has come from GOD you know. All the signs, every step of the way. He has made this possible. The timings have been perfect, the transitions from one event to the next.

The VERY week that this House was first presented to me. I distinctly remember being very excited when I was in the woods, a new area of exploration, across the main road from the Estate I shall move into!! although we didnt know that at the time...and hearing the owl in the sacred valley...I remember thinking that GOD was telling me that HE thought it was time I progressed...I have been thinking its been time to progress since November 2009...but I had to await his pleasure :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wq1VARoo0Q

VCURamFan
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
I've never had a proper home of my own before, nothing to be house proud about. The first two houses were my parents, the next four houses were associated with university, the house after that was run by an institution, and then we've had Granville.

But this next house will not be rented from some crappy landlord who steals my money and gives nothing in return. It shall not be run by a spiteful instituion that thinks it controls your off duty hours as well as your paid employment. It shall not be a shabby room next to a billion other shabby rooms.

noone will come and inspect, noone will try and intimidate. I dont need to ask permission to do what I want.

Which means I can do what I want, and all the responsibility lies with me. It is a gift to treasure and use, it is a building I can convert into my own palace. I can paint the walls, decided I hate it, and wall paper instead! I can grow my own vegetable again, after Twelve Years of longing, they will be my vegetables, in my vegetable patch. I can have as many birds as I want, I can put them all outside in this avery, I can breed them if I so choose without worry that someone will dissaprove.

Everytime I pay the mortgage I shall own a little more of that house, a little more of the estate will fall directly to me, no middleman, no parents, no institution.

I have scarce dared to dream of this, for fear it will not come to fruition. But the possibilities, the projects, the excitement.

...and this has come from GOD you know. All the signs, every step of the way. He has made this possible. The timings have been perfect, the transitions from one event to the next.

The VERY week that this House was first presented to me. I distinctly remember being very excited when I was in the woods, a new area of exploration, across the main road from the Estate I shall move into!! although we didnt know that at the time...and hearing the owl in the sacred valley...I remember thinking that GOD was telling me that HE thought it was time I progressed...I have been thinking its been time to progress since November 2009...but I had to await his pleasure :laugh:

Dave, that's really awesome, man. Good luck! :cool:

rearnakedchoke
01-19-2012, 08:15 PM

don't do it man ..

Tyburn
01-19-2012, 08:23 PM
:laugh: Some of my best memories are of my Mother and Father using a steam stripper to try and get wallpaper off :laugh:

don't do it man ..

Bonnie
01-19-2012, 09:20 PM

I love the sound of the water at the river, Dave. Btw, is that a river or more a stream? It's nice you have this natural area right across from your new home. You'll love having the privacy of your own home. :)

TexasRN
01-19-2012, 11:10 PM

Congratulations, Dave!! So awesome!

~Amy

rearnakedchoke
01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
:laugh: Some of my best memories are of my Mother and Father using a steam stripper to try and get wallpaper off :laugh:

haha .. no doubt .. growing up my mom re wallpapered and painted every summer, so if wall paper ever comes back (which it may be starting too, but i am ignoring it) i can wallpaper like a champ ... painting too ... people think of it as a chore, but i once did my whole house in just over a day .. LOL

Tyburn
01-29-2012, 05:24 PM
I thought for those who dont follow my weekly video blog :ninja::angry::laugh: I would update you on the situation.

It goes like this.

We spent last week sorting out the contract package, the land registry, the mortgage deed, the stamp duty tax, the house deeds, and received information on the account to dump the deposit into which will be in by Tuesday.

The one issue is the carpark behind the house. On the deeds to the house it claims there are lots of garages there and everyone has to pay up keep and maintanence, althought the ammount and the regulating authority on that is missing. The vendor also says in the twenty years they have owned it, nothing has ever happened.

It took North Yorkshire County Council over a week to reply to my lawyer and say that in order to process the enquiry I will have to pay a charge...we think this will take time...but I wrote back and said fine...and now Mother says...why bother as we can find the information ourselves.

So I have to phone the lawyer tommorow and explain that I dont want her to pay the fee, dont want to know about the carpark, and want completion by Friday if possible.

:laugh:

I am really nervous about having to call her... :unsure-1: until I have a completion date I cant do anything! and my work want to know when I plan to take the last of my holiday...and my landlord should have been told on the 22nd of January... :unsure-1:

Bonnie
01-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I thought for those who dont follow my weekly video blog :ninja::angry::laugh: I would update you on the situation.

It goes like this.

We spent last week sorting out the contract package, the land registry, the mortgage deed, the stamp duty tax, the house deeds, and received information on the account to dump the deposit into which will be in by Tuesday.

The one issue is the carpark behind the house. On the deeds to the house it claims there are lots of garages there and everyone has to pay up keep and maintanence, althought the ammount and the regulating authority on that is missing. The vendor also says in the twenty years they have owned it, nothing has ever happened.

It took North Yorkshire County Council over a week to reply to my lawyer and say that in order to process the enquiry I will have to pay a charge...we think this will take time...but I wrote back and said fine...and now Mother says...why bother as we can find the information ourselves.

So I have to phone the lawyer tommorow and explain that I dont want her to pay the fee, dont want to know about the carpark, and want completion by Friday if possible.

:laugh:

I am really nervous about having to call her... :unsure-1: until I have a completion date I cant do anything! and my work want to know when I plan to take the last of my holiday...and my landlord should have been told on the 22nd of January... :unsure-1:

I hope your landlord isn't going to give you any trouble Dave. :unsure: But really, what can you do if you don't have a more finite date of when your closing will take place. When you know, they'll know! :laugh:

I'm really excited for you. :happydancing:

Tyburn
01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
I hope your landlord isn't going to give you any trouble Dave. :unsure: But really, what can you do if you don't have a more finite date of when your closing will take place. When you know, they'll know! :laugh:

I'm really excited for you. :happydancing:

GOD forgive me...I have written the letter and back dated it to the twenty second of the month. Then if he claims that I havent given him exactly a months notice...I shall tell him its not my fault Royal Mail took two weeks to deliver it :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm not asking for my bond back...so he has double payment anyway for this month. I havent caused any vandalism...but the place has been lived in for six years and the carpets do need replacing just through age...I figured it would be dead mean to get nasty with him over a bond I paid six years ago...particularly as British Gas says im 194 pounds in credit and will pay it back when I close the account.

But if he gets narky...he shall find me difficult...and I think he knows after the Environmental Health issue last year, I do not make empty threats...If he persists in being a twat about things...He will find intelligence about how he has treated me and others I know on the front page of the Harrogate Advertizer :laugh: He knows I already went to them about the fountains abbey photo (although I did it by way of the abbey so he couldnt get paid for the find) so he knows that I have it in me to go to the papers.

Heck...Whether he knows it or not...I would do that if he threatens or tries to con me out of any more money....and I'm likely not to give him the warning. Just send him a copy of the press after I leave with no forwarding address

I am neither as dumb...nor to my shame probably...as kind as I look.

I hope it doesnt come to that of course. I sincerely believe that he will breath a sigh of relief when I leave and not be difficult, because he's been walking on eggshells with me ever since the Inquision...and that was nearly three months ago...so perhaps this time he's actually learned that he can not abuse his tennants and hope to get away with it.

I think it was my prepared speech before the actual Inquision meeting, and the fact there were others there to witness it, that dropped the penny that I am no joke to my enemies :laugh:

Tyburn
01-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I love the sound of the water at the river, Dave. Btw, is that a river or more a stream? It's nice you have this natural area right across from your new home. You'll love having the privacy of your own home. :)

Its what we call a Stream...its not really big enough to be a river. I believe it is a tributary that runs into the River Nidd. I thought it was Oak Beck...but I now believe its a second Beck

Below is footage of the River Nidd...you can see how much bigger and...very powerful it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6wXPIUCAk

Bonnie
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
I hope it doesnt come to that of course. I sincerely believe that he will breath a sigh of relief when I leave and not be difficult, because he's been walking on eggshells with me ever since the Inquision...and that was nearly three months ago...so perhaps this time he's actually learned that he can not abuse his tennants and hope to get away with it.

:laugh: Who knows, maybe he'll throw you a "going away" party. :laugh:

kevint13
01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
But if he gets narky...If he persists in being a twat about things....

Kiss your mother with that mouth? :laugh:

I have never heard you talk that way Dave!:frantics:

Tyburn
01-29-2012, 08:17 PM
:laugh: Who knows, maybe he'll throw you a "going away" party. :laugh:

:laugh: I dont think he likes me much less then I dislike him. We will probably both be glad to be rid of the other, so I'm not thinking there will be any problem really.

Bonnie
01-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Its what we call a Stream...its not really big enough to be a river. I believe it is a tributary that runs into the River Nidd. I thought it was Oak Beck...but I now believe its a second Beck

Below is footage of the River Nidd...you can see how much bigger and...very powerful it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6wXPIUCAk

Yes, you can definitely hear the power of that water, not nearly as soothing as the stream. :laugh: Is Scotton a natural park of some sort? Where is this to where you live now and/or where you will be living? How do you get about to these places since you don't drive?

Tyburn
01-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Kiss your mother with that mouth? :laugh:

I have never heard you talk that way Dave!:frantics:

:ashamed:

I try not to speak in that sort of manner...but sometimes I forget myself...more so in speaking then in writing. At work last week my Section Leader distressed me a tad...and my Manager made the unfortunate mistake of asking me what was wrong...sooooo I told him...

What happened was I had started to do the flowers and knew I wouldnt have finished them in time for break, so I called my Section Leader to arrange cover or else I couldnt leave. I gave him half an hours notice, and three quarters of an hour later he still hadnt got back to me, so I phoned him...no reply, So I put a call out for him, no reply...then someone told me he'd gone for his break....sooooo I called the canteen, and got them to drag him to the phone to explain himself.

He said he was sorry but he forgot....thats when the manager came up behind me and heard me shout "oh, thats alright then" and slam the receiver down...and asked what was wrong :laugh: I'm appauled to say I was most scathing about that particular section leader...and my manager just sort of stood there and looked at me blankly...then I wandered back to finish the flowers and I heard him go up to one of the nearby key collegues and say "I've never heard Dave sware before" and the KC turned round and said "when Dave is on one, NEVER ask him whats wrong" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:ashamed:

I was supposed to go at ten...it was 11.15 before I was able to be relieved

Tyburn
01-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Yes, you can definitely hear the power of that water, not nearly as soothing as the stream. :laugh: Is Scotton a natural park of some sort? Where is this to where you live now and/or where you will be living? How do you get about to these places since you don't drive?

Nidd Gorge is a bit of park land preserved by Harrogate Borough Council, its part of The Woodlands Trust...so its Free...not all parks are, RHS Harlow Carr Gardens are NOT Free, National Trust is NOT Free, English Heratage is Not Free...all other areas of parkland are unless privately owned.

Originally the whole area from oakbeck which is near Jennyfields in the north west, to Starbeck in the north east was under the protection of Bilton Hall, some kind of mannor house. The owner died and the house became a nursing home and lost its land to the council. Estates like Bilton and Jennyfields were built on it, but the Gorge was left alone.

Now the Gorge is about forty mins walk from my parents...so that will be an hour from my new house in Jennyfields. Scotton is part of the Gorge on the north bank...it was some type of water mill...or something. its now just a house someone lives in I think. You cant walk the North East side of the Gorge until you get to Burgess...thats presumably the private land for Scotton mill. But after the bridge at Burgess you can walk the north side...I have never ventured far on that side beyond The Sanctum....on the south side you can walk all the way to Knaresborough...though I have never made it all that way either...its a long walk...and I've always stopped to read, or write poetry, so I've never tried to walk it properly.

I will do eventually...each time I go I find a new pathway or something...but in winter its treatcherous so I avoid the Gorge...why I went in December was beyond me. :laugh:

As for other bits of woodland...in short, they ARE walkable from my house IF you have about five hours. So Hookstone is about an Hours walk to the South east, and Birk Cragg maybe about two hours walk to the south west. Beyond that, further out is a creepy place called Fewston....I have up until now stayed clear of that place.

Mother took me once in the car...its probably another hour out from Birk Cragg at my Present location...its near Menwith Hill which is a US listening post. Fewston is one of a set of three resovuours...it was a small village long, long before Harrogate or Menwith was around...maybe longer then Knaresborough, in the middle of The Great Knaresborough Forrest. The Owner at that time was one of the founders of Harrogate, he built Saint Johns Chapel, the crypt of which lies beneith Christ Church on the Stray...there are some really nasty stories about who he was and the sorts of things he did. He built this church in the middle of a forrest on a cross roads.

Later for some reason he burried completely Fewston at the bottom of a gigantic lake. during the summer months the water in the lake drops and the village appears out of nowhere. people go and walk on the old roads and houses there.

I got out of the car, it was dusk, and for some unknown reason I wanted to be taken back home immediately. We walked to the lake, but I would not walk round it, I insisted we went back to the car. We were there for all of about quarter and hour.

It was only AFTER that experience that I decided to do a little research into Fewston and heard about the village at the bottom of the lake. There is a village called Fewston that exists still in the area....I think the one at the bottom of the lake was called Old Fewston, and went by a second name also. I think it may have been something to with a Mr Fairfax, I think he owned the village before it was submerged. I think he left to go to America eventually...either that or maybe he's still at the bottom of the lake :ninja:..but more important was a Thomas Linley who seemed to mention a chapel, that may or may not have been Saint John Chapel. This was in the same century as Mother Shipton in Knaresborough. Mother Shipton in a single verse predicted the American Civil War (before America was colonized) Metalic boats, Climate change, The French Revolution down to the number of dynastic rullers from start to finish, Women in the workplace, A federal European Super State...and the second world war.

Her prediction for the end of the world was that we would know its coming by the falling of the bridge in Knmaresborough over the Nidd ...unfortuntely, she forgot to state which bridge she was talking about as there are at least three ahahahaha

I suppose he might just have suffered from porphyria, and she dementia...but either way...Fewston just gives me the creeps.

Tyburn
01-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Confirmed Completion date:

THURSDAY 9th FEBRUARY 2012!

VCURamFan
01-31-2012, 11:44 AM

WOOO-HOOOO!!!! :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

Bonnie
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Nidd Gorge is a bit of park land preserved by Harrogate Borough Council, its part of The Woodlands Trust...so its Free...not all parks are, RHS Harlow Carr Gardens are NOT Free, National Trust is NOT Free, English Heratage is Not Free...all other areas of parkland are unless privately owned.

Originally the whole area from oakbeck which is near Jennyfields in the north west, to Starbeck in the north east was under the protection of Bilton Hall, some kind of mannor house. The owner died and the house became a nursing home and lost its land to the council. Estates like Bilton and Jennyfields were built on it, but the Gorge was left alone.

Now the Gorge is about forty mins walk from my parents...so that will be an hour from my new house in Jennyfields. Scotton is part of the Gorge on the north bank...it was some type of water mill...or something. its now just a house someone lives in I think. You cant walk the North East side of the Gorge until you get to Burgess...thats presumably the private land for Scotton mill. But after the bridge at Burgess you can walk the north side...I have never ventured far on that side beyond The Sanctum....on the south side you can walk all the way to Knaresborough...though I have never made it all that way either...its a long walk...and I've always stopped to read, or write poetry, so I've never tried to walk it properly.

I will do eventually...each time I go I find a new pathway or something...but in winter its treatcherous so I avoid the Gorge...why I went in December was beyond me. :laugh:

As for other bits of woodland...in short, they ARE walkable from my house IF you have about five hours. So Hookstone is about an Hours walk to the South east, and Birk Cragg maybe about two hours walk to the south west. Beyond that, further out is a creepy place called Fewston....I have up until now stayed clear of that place.

Mother took me once in the car...its probably another hour out from Birk Cragg at my Present location...its near Menwith Hill which is a US listening post. Fewston is one of a set of three resovuours...it was a small village long, long before Harrogate or Menwith was around...maybe longer then Knaresborough, in the middle of The Great Knaresborough Forrest. The Owner at that time was one of the founders of Harrogate, he built Saint Johns Chapel, the crypt of which lies beneith Christ Church on the Stray...there are some really nasty stories about who he was and the sorts of things he did. He built this church in the middle of a forrest on a cross roads.

Later for some reason he burried completely Fewston at the bottom of a gigantic lake. during the summer months the water in the lake drops and the village appears out of nowhere. people go and walk on the old roads and houses there.

I got out of the car, it was dusk, and for some unknown reason I wanted to be taken back home immediately. We walked to the lake, but I would not walk round it, I insisted we went back to the car. We were there for all of about quarter and hour.

It was only AFTER that experience that I decided to do a little research into Fewston and heard about the village at the bottom of the lake. There is a village called Fewston that exists still in the area....I think the one at the bottom of the lake was called Old Fewston, and went by a second name also. I think it may have been something to with a Mr Fairfax, I think he owned the village before it was submerged. I think he left to go to America eventually...either that or maybe he's still at the bottom of the lake :ninja:..but more important was a Thomas Linley who seemed to mention a chapel, that may or may not have been Saint John Chapel. This was in the same century as Mother Shipton in Knaresborough. Mother Shipton in a single verse predicted the American Civil War (before America was colonized) Metalic boats, Climate change, The French Revolution down to the number of dynastic rullers from start to finish, Women in the workplace, A federal European Super State...and the second world war.

Her prediction for the end of the world was that we would know its coming by the falling of the bridge in Knmaresborough over the Nidd ...unfortuntely, she forgot to state which bridge she was talking about as there are at least three ahahahaha

I suppose he might just have suffered from porphyria, and she dementia...but either way...Fewston just gives me the creeps.

Wow. Did you come across anything in your research about the "why" of him submerging the village Fewston?

I don't know that I'd want to go walking around there either, Dave. :unsure:

Bonnie
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Now you can tell your landlord! :laugh:

County Mike
01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Now you can tell your landlord! :laugh:

to SUCK IT!

Tyburn
01-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow. Did you come across anything in your research about the "why" of him submerging the village Fewston?

I don't know that I'd want to go walking around there either, Dave. :unsure:

What I found bizzare, wasnt that he might have put a resevour in...it was the fact he didnt demolish things first...that IS strange because at that time and in Harrogate you have old Churches being distroyed and their stone being re-used to build more Churches as they expanded...and yet several manor houses in a little hamlet...were not first taken down before flooding :unsure:

Somehow that doesnt sit right with me.

The proximity of this site being in the shadow of Menwith Hill does not help. Menwith Hill has a bit of a reputation around here, because of what it is. When Tony Blair was Prime Minister he aided in the expansion of something called The Starwars Project. Put simply, the Starwars Project was the idea to build a set of Listening Stations to project a shield around the globe for the security of the Federal Republic of The United States of America. The idea was simple, detect Missiles far away so that you have time to respond to them and stop them before they approach your soverignty.

Initially there was a major concern that this shield could be used for offense by placing a permanent station in space above the planet so as to coordinate all the listening stations. But this never happened. The main problem the United States had was obvious, in order for the shield to work, the bases had to be placed all over the globe. There are several in England. One of them is Menwith Hill an old Royal Airforce Base. It was decomissioned as a British outpost and given over to the United States Airforce. The Americans do not really like people to take notice of this base...but its a little hard when the area is filled with what can only be described as townhouse sized golfballs :blink:

There is the common banter of what such a "spy" base might do. The most worrying I came across during my research was from people who claimed that the US military had been engaged in some kind of search, or chase through fewston...or more aptly, that woodland was in someway causing them bother that they could not speak about. Its all poppycot of course...but if you have ever watched the film "dog soldiers" the forrest looks like that!

No thank you, I'll have nothing to do with fewston or Menwith outside of a midsummers day at Noon :laugh: