PDA

View Full Version : Ready to go!

Blmfighter
03-18-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm sitting at work with nothing to do, just like every other day. I had to go get an Full Throttle to help stay awake.

Please help me stay awake!!!!

Crisco
03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm sitting at work with nothing to do, just like every other day. I had to go get an Full Throttle to help stay awake.

so talk about something. Do you train any martial arts?

County Mike
03-18-2009, 08:15 PM

Sounds like my typical day. Usually hits me around 2:30. Lunch is digesting, muscles are recovering from lunchtime workout and I struggle to stay awake.

Blmfighter
03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I train MMA at a place call HIVE MMA, I used to do BJJ at Bloomington Gracie Barra. The MMA thing has been hit or miss for the last few months and I'm thinking about going back to the BJJ.

The Hive moved and know they have dates and times that they workout however they don't stick to these times.

At least with the BJJ they never miss classes.

Crisco
03-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I train MMA at a place call HIVE MMA, I used to do BJJ at Bloomington Gracie Barra. The MMA thing has been hit or miss for the last few months and I'm thinking about going back to the BJJ.

The Hive moved and know they have dates and times that they workout however they don't stick to these times.

At least with the BJJ they never miss classes.

Sounds like a good plan bro. You should go for it.

Blmfighter
03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks, I might do the BJJ and when the Hive does train go there also.

Crisco
03-18-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm taking BJJ right now under a Royler Gracie Affiliate. He is a first degree BB.

I'm starting Judo soon too so hopefully can advance my skill and rank in both at the same time.

County Mike
03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Royler JJ for the win!

Not a fan of David Adiv though. He pissed us off. One of our guys was supposed to fight one of his (amateur). He wouldn't sign his guy to fight because we're both RGDA. For the record, I think our guy would have smashed his.

Blmfighter
03-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I could see why it would make you upset but does he have a rule that RGDA guys can't fight each other or was it he did not want his guy to lose?

County Mike
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
He says it's a rule but they don't train at the same school. Just both schools are RGDA affiliates. We didn't care. We were willing to take fight regardless. It's either that or our fighters sit on the sideline another month looking for a fight.

His school is ALL Jiu Jitsu. We train MMA. I think THAT would have been the difference in this fight.

Crisco
03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Yea He should have let him fight. That is hore****.

Blmfighter
03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
That would make a difference atleast as far as stand up goes. Unless his guys went some place else for stand up. If you are different schools I don't see what the big deal is. Did he say his guy could fight yours and then change his mind?

Crisco
03-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I can't wait to start Judo...

I really love it. I love watching the throws and clips on youtube.

I'm going to have fun trying to transition it to my MMA and No-GI

County Mike
03-18-2009, 10:54 PM
That would make a difference atleast as far as stand up goes. Unless his guys went some place else for stand up. If you are different schools I don't see what the big deal is. Did he say his guy could fight yours and then change his mind?

No, the promoter set up the fight and then when David found out his guy was fighting another RGDA student, he told the promoter to cancel that one. Now both fighters are hoping to find a replacement and will likely not be able to fight. I've never met David Adiv but he sounds like an arrogant jerk. In my opinion, if it wasn't for his Royler Gracie partnership, nobody would know who David Adiv is. If it was a pro fight I could understand, but this is amateurs. It's not about records as much as getting experience so they can go pro.

Crisco
03-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Dave is an intense guy. He grew up in Israel. He had rockets and stuff shot at his house.

I have not met him yet but he is pretty close to my bjj academy.

His JJ is really good too.