PDA

View Full Version : A. Silva Vs GSP

Crisco
03-18-2009, 07:56 PM
I think this fight is bigger then GSP Vs Penn...

If GSP beats Alves and Silva beats winner of Bisping v Hendo Dana should try and make it happen.

These guys need to fight before Anderson retires... I'd pay $100 bucks for that PPV.

rearnakedchoke
03-18-2009, 08:26 PM
well, you are going to have the gsp haters on here saying gsp will get whipped in this fight .. i just don't think it is that easy .. he very well could, but the way i see it, gsp has the best takedowns, a silva's td defense isn't the best ... if gsp is gonna win, he needs to takedown a silva, keep him there and score .. but in the end, i think a silva's size would be the difference .. but this fight would be closer than say the penn/gsp superfight

atomdanger
03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
GSP wins fights because he is bigger, stronger, etc...

But he certainly won't be bigger and stronger than Anderson, I don't see him having better technique anywhere.
A very tough fight, and I don't see GSP being nearly as impressive lately to even challenge Anderson.

GSP has gone to the end of the 4th with a tiny out of shape BJ, and had vasoline on his body, before that he went to a decision with Fitch, hell, in the rematch Matt Serra almost made the third round.
He just isn't walking through guys like Anderson is.

Anderson has walked through everybody he has fought in the UFC, minus a hickup of getting mounted by Lutter and a little boring Cote.

Either way, I just don't see GSP performing on Anderson's level

Crisco
03-18-2009, 08:56 PM

But he certainly won't be bigger and stronger than Anderson, I don't see him having better technique anywhere.
A very tough fight, and I don't see GSP being nearly as impressive lately to even challenge Anderson.

GSP has gone to the end of the 4th with a tiny out of shape BJ, and had vasoline on his body, before that he went to a decision with Fitch, hell, in the rematch Matt Serra almost made the third round.

Anderson has walked through everybody he has fought in the UFC, minus a hickup of getting mounted by Lutter and a little boring Cote.

That's because GSP fights differently then Anderson. He grinds his opponents out.
GSP COMPLETELY DOMINATES he may not finish as fast as Anderson though.

GSP's wrestling would be a huge advantage for him he has like an 80% take down rate.

I think GSP takes the decision via multiple takedowns.

It's not all about size... GSP has excellent technique and the dude is still gorilla strong. I think he will be stronger then Anderson.

rearnakedchoke
03-18-2009, 09:04 PM

if you think gsp only wins fights because he is bigger and stronger, than you are just a hater ... he has the best mma wrestling in the sport, i can't remember him being taken down from the stand-up since the first matt fight, he has been rocked once, and that was buy serra, sure, i would put anderson as the favourite, but i wouldn't count out gsp ....

County Mike
03-18-2009, 09:20 PM
I'd pick GSP in this fight.

atomdanger
03-18-2009, 09:36 PM
if you think gsp only wins fights because he is bigger and stronger, than you are just a hater ... he has the best mma wrestling in the sport, i can't remember him being taken down from the stand-up since the first matt fight, he has been rocked once, and that was buy serra, sure, i would put anderson as the favourite, but i wouldn't count out gsp ....

I am a hater, but its a valid opinion.
He doesn't get taken down because he is bigger and stronger.(IMO)
It is much harder to take somebody down that is bigger and stronger than you are,
not impossible, but harder.

I don't feel like you pointed anything out that would lead me to believe he has superior technique.

County Mike
03-18-2009, 09:42 PM
It is much harder to take somebody down that is bigger and stronger than you are,

I don't feel like you pointed anything out that would lead me to believe he has superior technique.

Not true. We have some top notch wrestlers in our camp. They are smaller than I am but have no trouble taking me down. They might have trouble getting me into a submission, but at their level, takedowns are not a problem.

Bigger/Stronger has nothing to do with it - or at least, very little.

Crisco
03-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Silva only has 4 inches on GSP.

As far as strength goes GSP said he would only take the fight if he had plenty of time to train and put on more muscle.

So that means GSP would be even stronger then he is now with near perfect technique in the takedown.

You are a self admitted hater Atom so the only real way to solve the riddle is to have them fight.

I'll pre-sig bet that fight too. I take GSP.

Max
03-18-2009, 10:18 PM

As far as strength goes GSP said he would only take the fight if he had plenty of time to train and put on more muscle.

So that means GSP would be even stronger then he is now with near perfect technique in the takedown.

You are a self admitted hater Atom so the only real way to solve the riddle is to have them fight.

So GSP needs time so he can take even more HGH. If that fight ever happens I will put a sig bet on it. IMO I dont think that fight will be close at all. I think Silva kills him.

Max
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
and a little boring Cote.

You clearly missed the most amazing part about that fight. Silva used his Jedi powers to blow out Cote's knee.

Crisco
03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
So GSP needs time so he can take even more HGH. If that fight ever happens I will put a sig bet on it. IMO I dont think that fight will be close at all. I think Silva kills him.

You sir are incorrect and I will take great pleasure in seeing you fail.

Max
03-18-2009, 10:33 PM
You sir are incorrect and I will take great pleasure in seeing you fail.
About which part. GSP needing time to take more HGH or Silva beating him like Hughes will beat Serra? Im just saying, GSP tapped to strikes from Serra. Can you imagine how fast he will tap when Silva starts landing a few knees. Better yet I hope when GSP shoots in for a takedown Silva times it and catches him with a knee to the face.

atomdanger
03-18-2009, 11:45 PM

4 inches is a lot.

*shrug*

I don't think we will see this fight anyway,
because GSP isn't going to beat Alves.

Josh
03-19-2009, 12:19 AM
The fight may not happen. I think Henderson has a decent chance of doing better in a rematch with Silva and there is some chance (I guess) that Alves may beat GSP. I do think however that GSP would do better than some of Anderson's opponents have and I actually think it would be competitive.

timmyja
03-19-2009, 12:50 AM
nuts to a sig bet.. I'll put MONEY on that fight! Anderson All DAY

Miss Foxy
03-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Oh my stars I can't stand either one of them, but I would love to see someone take down A. Silva... I can't stand him more than GSP.. Yup.... Yup...:laugh:

Max
03-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Oh my stars I can't stand either one of them, but I would love to see someone take down A. Silva... I can't stand him more than GSP.. Yup.... Yup...:laugh:
Why do you hate Anderson Silva???

Miss Foxy
03-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Why do you hate Anderson Silva??? I don't hate him I just don't like him.. I dunno he just rubs me the wrong way.. lol..:laugh:

Max
03-19-2009, 01:17 AM
I don't hate him I just don't like him.. I dunno he just rubs me the wrong way.. lol..:laugh:
I know what it is, you hate on greatness (other than Matt Hughes). You dont like BJ, you dont like Anderson, heck I bet you dont like Fedor.

Miss Foxy
03-19-2009, 01:18 AM
I know what it is, you hate on greatness (other than Matt Hughes). You dont like BJ, you dont like Anderson, heck I bet you dont like Fedor.
Nah I like Fedor, and I used to like BJ just got tired of his whining. Sorry, but just being honest with myself and to others. I actually backed up BJ on the forum regarding him filing the complaint against GSP so relax lol....:wink:

Bonnie
03-19-2009, 02:51 AM
I would like to see a GSP/Silva fight. Like Atom and Max, my bet would be on Silva. They don't call him "the spider" for nothin'. He is like a spider; he draws them in and plays with them and then uses those long arms and legs to enclose them in his web.

I didn't care how he was messing around during the Cote fight--got on my nerves and I would like to see someone beat him before he retires. Just not GSP!

I'm like Melissa except different fighter-- that's how I feel about GSP. I don't hate him; he just rubs me the wrong way.

Hughes_GOAT
03-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Silva all day....GSP doesn't like to stand anymore and Anderson will dominate the clinch, if it even gets there. Rich greased up and Silva still clinched him....lol

bj44
03-19-2009, 03:47 AM

and anderson went ino the third round with gsp's sparring partner that he whipps on every single day hahahahaahahahaahahah

you= hater

pistol-pete
03-19-2009, 03:58 AM

Fitch is probably the biggest 170lber. GSP had zero issues with him. GSP is a big as well, but his wrestling is better than just about anyone elses in mma. Him and Randy are probably equal in that category. Regardless of size of GSP at welterweight, he is going to give up 20 pounds on fight night to Silva.

billythekid2000
03-19-2009, 04:55 AM
GSP has already said, several times, that if he were to fight Silva, he would take a few months to bulk up, so there would not be much of a weight advantage. A bulked up GSP, with the extra strength and size, would beat Silva.

For an idea of how he would look like, bulked up: look at Robbie Lawler at WW and then at MW.

MMeh
03-19-2009, 05:18 AM
I think this would be a great fight, and GSP can (and in my opinion, eventually will) make a successful transition to 185 (the Lawler comparison is on point), but after seeing Sliva take all of 1 mediocre round to solve an Olympic silver medalist in wrestling in Hendo, a guy who was coming down from 205, I have to go with Mr. Anderson in this one. Would be a sweet fight though

Moose
03-19-2009, 06:23 AM
4 inches is a lot.

That's not what I've been told.

Sigh. :laugh:

atomdanger
03-19-2009, 06:34 AM
and anderson went ino the third round with gsp's sparring partner that he whipps on every single day hahahahaahahahaahahah

you= hater

Cote? lol, come on now. Anderson was goofing off and Cote finished himself,
that fight was a joke.

I am a hater, GSP doesn't deserve,
not based on skills, or on him as a person.
He is dis respectful, and a lame ass.

atomdanger
03-19-2009, 06:34 AM
Fitch is probably the biggest 170lber. GSP had zero issues with him. GSP is a big as well, but his wrestling is better than just about anyone elses in mma. Him and Randy are probably equal in that category. Regardless of size of GSP at welterweight, he is going to give up 20 pounds on fight night to Silva.

GSP had zero issues? He couldn't put him away.
So he has issues finishing.

and why? Because Fitch is so big.

Chuck
03-19-2009, 06:41 AM
I am a hater, GSP doesn't deserve,
not based on skills, or on him as a person.
He is dis respectful, and a lame ass.

Why the hate?

atomdanger
03-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Why the hate?

Mainly the Serra thing.
He said he got beat fair and square, then said he didn't train but didn't wanna whine,
then said he got beat fair and square, then...

Pick man, was he the better man that night, or did you over look him, jeez.

I dunno, GSP is just one of those guys like Faber that I just cannot stand,
and even though he isn't talking through people, and has only defended twice people talk about him like he is untouchable.

Chuck
03-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Mainly the Serra thing.
He said he got beat fair and square, then said he didn't train but didn't wanna whine,

and even though he isn't talking through people, and has only defended twice people talk about him like he is untouchable.

That's fair enough... I have fighters I don't care for too. Some with good reason... others just because...

A few things worth mentioning about GSP...

He may not walk through people I agree..... BUT:

He has only lost 2x... once to the Greatest WW champ ever and once to a semi lucky shot.

He has beat Fitch who many people thought was the next big thing...
He's beat Matt...... who IS the big thing.....
He's beat Penn.... quite badly......

He travels all over to refine his skills.... he isn't a trash talker.....

I understand people not liking him... but to me it's hard to see why they hate him...:huh:

pistol-pete
03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Mainly the Serra thing.

I am sure a few fighters would have a hard time explaining a loss to Matt Sera

rearnakedchoke
03-19-2009, 11:13 PM
That's fair enough... I have fighters I don't care for too. Some with good reason... others just because...

A few things worth mentioning about GSP...

He may not walk through people I agree..... BUT:

He has only lost 2x... once to the Greatest WW champ ever and once to a semi lucky shot.

He has beat Fitch who many people thought was the next big thing...
He's beat Matt...... who IS the big thing.....
He's beat Penn.... quite badly......

He travels all over to refine his skills.... he isn't a trash talker.....

I understand people not liking him... but to me it's hard to see why they hate him...:huh:
yeah, i agree ... it has to be the accent .. LOL

but i can't see how people are fans of BJ ... he is a cocky, arrogant prick ... he is lazy and my biggest beef is the excuses he makes ... but people are still his fans and that is up to them ...

people don't like rashad ... same reasons but we will have to see if he is an excuse maker ... he hasn't had to make any yet ...

people don't like lyoto cuz he is supposedly boring ... i don't think that is a good reason to dislike anyone imo ... but that is there choice, i say if it gets the W, it is effective .... i just don't think he has been tested in the UFC to garner such acclaim ... if he beats rashad, i will be sold ...

and there are many others people just don't like ... so i guess it is all in the eye of the beholder

atomdanger
03-19-2009, 11:24 PM
but i can't see how people are fans of BJ ... he is a cocky, arrogant prick ... he is lazy and my biggest beef is the excuses he makes ... but people are still his fans and that is up to them ...

and there are many others people just don't like ... so i guess it is all in the eye of the beholder

I love BJ because is a cocky, Arrogant prick.
He reminds me of me.

other than the excuses.

rearnakedchoke
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I love BJ because is a cocky, Arrogant prick.
He reminds me of me.

other than the excuses.
it is fine to be cocky and arrogant, but if you can't back it up, then you are just a loser ... and BJ is a loser ...

atomdanger
03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
it is fine to be cocky and arrogant, but if you can't back it up, then you are just a loser ... and BJ is a loser ...

I would say that BJ Penn can back it up.

I think Hughes, Pulver, Sherk, Stevenson, Gracie, Gomi, etc... Would all agree that BJ can back it up. Getting a loss doesn't mean you can't back it up,
that's a stupid thing to insinuate, by that thinking only a handful of guys in mma can back it up.

rearnakedchoke
03-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I would say that BJ Penn can back it up.

I think Hughes, Pulver, Sherk, Stevenson, Gracie, Gomi, etc... Would all agree that BJ can back it up. Getting a loss doesn't mean you can't back it up,
that's a stupid thing to insinuate, by that thinking only a handful of guys in mma can back it up.

To the death .. To the death ... LOL ... fat boy couldn't even finish his fight let alone to the death ...

bradwright
03-19-2009, 11:40 PM
To the death .. To the death ... LOL ... fat boy couldn't even finish his fight let alone to the death ...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chuck
03-20-2009, 12:12 AM
"To the death .. To the death ...or until I get really really tired... "LOL ... fat boy couldn't even finish his fight let alone to the death ...

Fixed it for you.......:laugh:

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 03:04 AM

and greaser boy couldn't show up without vasoline.

Chuck
03-20-2009, 03:38 AM

And BJ couldn't go to a hearing without his Momma! :laugh:

que
03-20-2009, 04:18 AM
And BJ couldn't go to a hearing without his Momma! :laugh:

and greaser boy couldn't even show up... at all :laugh:

matthughesfan21
03-20-2009, 04:21 AM
and greaser boy couldn't even show up... at all :laugh:I don't care for either, but there was no reason for GSP to show up, nothing was gonna change from it, the outcome was basically pre-determined...BJ showing up with his momma to fight his battles for him because he couldn't do it in the cage is much worse imo

que
03-20-2009, 04:23 AM
I don't care for either, but there was no reason for GSP to show up, nothing was gonna change from it, the outcome was basically pre-determined...BJ showing up with his momma to fight his battles for him because he couldn't do it in the cage is much worse imo
doesn't matter. as stephan bonnar said on ESPN today... GSP not showing up just looked, bad. i couldn't care less about this case anymore but i agree with him 100%. at least go to show support for your trainers, my god. afterall, the case IS largely about him.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 05:35 AM
doesn't matter. as stephan bonnar said on ESPN today... GSP not showing up just looked, bad. i couldn't care less about this case anymore but i agree with him 100%. at least go to show support for your trainers, my god. afterall, the case IS largely about him.

Yeah, I agree.

In my opinion the decent thing to do would have been to show up.

rearnakedchoke
03-20-2009, 01:20 PM

haha .... he had no reason to be there ... it wasn't him who they wanted to talk to, it was nurse, jackson and penn (and his mommy i guess) .... GSP is training for a fight, why would he leave take a day or two out of his camp to be at something he didn't have to be at??? we know penn takes every chance to get out of his camp, but GSP doesn't, that is why he will be a legend and penn won't

Crisco
03-20-2009, 01:38 PM

So you think BJ wins the rematch?

rearnakedchoke
03-20-2009, 03:34 PM

*crickets*

LOL

bj44
03-20-2009, 03:35 PM
If the roles were reversed and bj didnt show up you wouldnt say **** and you know it

your just looking for reasons to hate on gsp

Max
03-20-2009, 03:38 PM
If the roles were reversed and bj didnt show up you wouldnt say **** and you know it

and you know you would be tearing BJ a new one for not showing up.

rearnakedchoke
03-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Pretty much, because Burrito Jay Penn fan's will always remember him slumped over at the end of the fourth, unable to continue, not answering the doc or ref ... getting his brother to verbally tap for him ... you tap from strkes and you are a B*&^%, but what are you when you aren't even getting hit and you tap????

hahahahahahaha

Crisco
03-20-2009, 04:06 PM

I would have had no problem with BJ making a complaint if he didn't go into it with the attitude he only lost because of some vaseline.

He used it as excuse for losing which pissed me off.

EVERYONE who is not insane saw GSP dominate Penn is every way shape and form and I've yet to meet anyone who thinks BJ had any shot in that fight after the performance GSP was putting on.

I know that's not the arguement but BJ used it to excuse his lose. Never owned up to getting beat... And that's BJ.

Neezar
03-20-2009, 05:40 PM
I would have had no problem with BJ making a complaint if he didn't go into it with the attitude he only lost because of some vaseline.

He used it as excuse for losing which pissed me off.

EVERYONE who is not insane saw GSP dominate Penn is every way shape and form and I've yet to meet anyone who thinks BJ had any shot in that fight after the performance GSP was putting on.

I know that's not the arguement but BJ used it to excuse his lose. Never owned up to getting beat... And that's BJ.

That simply isn't true.

Crisco
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
That simply isn't true.

I may be wrong but has he gone on and said anywhere that he knows he lost the fight...?

The whole arguement to me looks structures to make excuses for his loss without actually sayings this is why I lost it had nothing to do with him being better that day...

I could be wrong I dunno that's just the way I see it.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 06:07 PM

Yes, I think BJ won the first fight, got chumped in the second fight and wins the third fight.

Crisco
03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes, I think BJ won the first fight, got chumped in the second fight and wins the third fight.

And how does he win it?

rearnakedchoke
03-20-2009, 06:08 PM

I have no problem with BJ making the complaint .. we saw what happened .. what i have problems with is him making allegations that GSP ingests something to make your skin greasy .... those are baseless allegations ... i also have a problem with him trying to "hold up" the WW fight between GSP/Alves ... what does that fight have to do with Greasegate? He is acting like a spoiled brat, he has lied about certain things and he thinks he is bigger than the sport ... that is the problem i have with penn ...

rearnakedchoke
03-20-2009, 06:09 PM

LOL .. you are delusional .. you already admitted you are a hater ... so what you say has no weight ...

Neezar
03-20-2009, 06:09 PM
I have no problem with BJ making the complaint .. we saw what happened .. what i have problems with is him making allegations that GSP ingests something to make your skin greasy .... those are baseless allegations ... i also have a problem with him trying to "hold up" the WW fight between GSP/Alves ... what does that fight have to do with Greasegate? He is acting like a spoiled brat, he has lied about certain things and he thinks he is bigger than the sport ... that is the problem i have with penn ...

BJ's camp was told that by a backstage camera guy. He was named at the committee meeting.

Neezar
03-20-2009, 06:12 PM
I may be wrong but has he gone on and said anywhere that he knows he lost the fight...?

The whole arguement to me looks structures to make excuses for his loss without actually sayings this is why I lost it had nothing to do with him being better that day...

The very first video interview he did he admitted to getting his ass whooped. I found the link to that. His very first written statement said that he totally knows that he lost and that this claim was not about that. I haven't found the link yet.

Miss Foxy
03-20-2009, 06:13 PM

your just looking for reasons to hate on gsp In my world I need no reasons to hate GSP... I just straight out can't stand him.....BJ has a right to file a complaint and I think that no matter what the outcome he did lose that fight even if GSP wasnt lubed up. However thats his right and I am glad he is exercising it.....

rearnakedchoke
03-20-2009, 06:14 PM
BJ's camp was told that by a backstage camera guy. He was named at the committee meeting.

Still baseless .... it is hearsay ... pretty much as, i have a friend of a friend who knows a guy that used to room with his buddy ...

how would a camera man know that something being ingested makes you greasy? Did Greg Jackson say, he Georges, did you remember to take those pills that make your skin greasy? Well, just take a couple more so you are slicker than Bill Clinton ...

rearnakedchoke
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
The very first video interview he did he admitted to getting his ass whooped. I found the link to that. His very first written statement said that he totally knows that he lost and that this claim was not about that. I haven't found the link yet.

No, if he thought he got his assed whooped, he wouldn't want the fight overturned to a NC ....

Neezar
03-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Still baseless .... it is hearsay ... pretty much as, i have a friend of a friend who knows a guy that used to room with his buddy ...

how would a camera man know that something being ingested makes you greasy? Did Greg Jackson say, he Georges, did you remember to take those pills that make your skin greasy? Well, just take a couple more so you are slicker than Bill Clinton ...

Do you honestly think that an independent camera guy who knows that he will scrutinized and maybe even lose his backstage priviledges would say something like that with no bases? He obvious heard or seen something. He is willing to testify in a court of law to it. :wink:

Miss Foxy
03-20-2009, 06:17 PM
No, if he thought he got his assed whooped, he wouldn't want the fight overturned to a NC ....
Just like a slip in fall in Wal Mart can turn into thousands and millions. Might as well go for it all the way if your dragging it into court or a complaint. ...

Neezar
03-20-2009, 06:21 PM

Crisco, you don't know how bad that I would love something to dog BJ Penn about. I can't stand his attitude and he seems spoiled. And I want to like GSP but it seems like everytime I start to give in something like this happens. It just seems like one questionable thing after another with him.

However, in this case I support BJ. Other fighters have complained about this for a while. A few have flat out said that they didn't file a complaint because they didn't want the backlash and criticism. The same kind of backlash that BJ has decided to step up and take to keep this from happening down the road. In this, I can't help but respect BJ for stepping up to the plate.

edit: Let me clarify also that it isn't just GSP. It has been complained about Greg Jackson's camp for a while. They (Jackson's camp) are the ones who need to be watched closely from now on.

Miss Foxy
03-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Crisco, you don't know how bad that I would love something to dog BJ Penn about. I can't stand his attitude and he seems spoiled. And I want to like GSP but it seems like everytime I start to give in something like this happens. It just seems like one questionable thing after another with him.

However, in this case I support BJ. Other fighters have complained about this for a while. A few have flat out said that they didn't file a complaint because they didn't want the backlash and criticism. The same kind of backlash that BJ has decided to step up and take to keep this from happening down the road. In this, I can't help but respect BJ for stepping up to the plate.

edit: Let me clarify also that it isn't just GSP. It has been complained about Greg Jackson's camp for a while. They (Jackson's camp) are the ones who need to be watched closely from now on. ***DITTO***

Crisco
03-20-2009, 06:28 PM

edit: Let me clarify also that it isn't just GSP. It has been complained about Greg Jackson's camp for a while. They (Jackson's camp) are the ones who need to be watched closely from now on.

I'm with you.

I hear you. I support BJ in filing a complaint.

If he infact said in the video that I got my ass whooped then I will totally respect him for what he is doing.

If he is not making excuses and is really trying to just get some justice then that is cool with me. GSP's camp broke the rules no doubt.

I never had a problem with the complaint it was the excuse.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Do you honestly think that an independent camera guy who knows that he will scrutinized and maybe even lose his backstage priviledges would say something like that with no bases? He obvious heard or seen something. He is willing to testify in a court of law to it. :wink:

Exactly, he could easily be not let back to any UFC event,
why would a camera guy want that?

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:07 PM

you know what Neezar,i agree with you,if BJ really thought he was at a disadvantage because GSP was greased up and thats why he lost the fight then i would say by all means,file a complaint,
but bringing his Mommy with him to stick up for him?
that might be a little over the top,

but if he was truly going to protest the reason he was at a disadvantage and lost he should have filed a complaint about the way GSP works out and prepares for a fight,
that would have made more sense,
lets face it,
if BJ was as good at running his legs as he is at running his mouth the outcome might have been different,

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:11 PM
you know what Neezar,i agree with you,if BJ really thought he was at a disadvantage because GSP was greased up and thats why he lost the fight then i would say by all means,file a complaint,

So, let me get this straight...

You only feel like people should complain about cheating if they can prove that they directly lost because of the cheating?

So... Karo shouldn't have just had his fight turned over,
because most likely he would have won without those drugs right?

Or, Thales Lietes should have lost to Nate, because those fouls Nate committed didn't change the outcome of the fight and Nate shouldn't have had points taken away.

Or anything else???

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:13 PM
but bringing his Mommy with him to stick up for him?
that might be a little over the top,

His mom came for moral support,
I don't understand all the childish comments about him bringing his mommy with him are ridiculous.

My mother came to my court dates, and I can certainly stand up for myself,
he has a supportive family, oh no. wtf

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:14 PM
So, let me get this straight...

You only feel like people should complain about cheating if they can prove that they directly lost because of the cheating?

So... Karo shouldn't have just had his fight turned over,
because most likely he would have won without those drugs right?

Or, Thales Lietes should have lost to Nate, because those fouls Nate committed didn't change the outcome of the fight and Nate shouldn't have had points taken away.

Or anything else???

??????????????:laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-20-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't understand all the childish comments about him bringing his mommy with him are ridiculous.

Your hot right now!!:applause:

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:17 PM

some day every one has to grow up and stand on their own two feet.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:19 PM
??????????????:laugh:

And no argument back.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Your hot right now!!:applause:

thanks doll

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:20 PM
some day every one has to grow up and stand on their own two feet.

by filing a complaint and fighting BJ was sticking up for himself.

His mom came for support, and I would hope that your parents would do the same for you.

Crisco
03-20-2009, 07:22 PM

His mom came for support, and I would hope that your parents would do the same for you.

Hwo does BJ beat GSP in the third fight again?

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Hwo does BJ beat GSP in the third fight again?

Anywhere he wants when GSP doesn't have grease on his shoulders nullifying BJ's guard.

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
And no argument back.
whats the point,
you dont think rationally when it comes to this,

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:25 PM
whats the point,
you dont think rationally when it comes to this,

How not?

You think cheating only matters if it changes the outcome of the fight,
am I correct?

So, so long as I am going to win anyway,
I can grease, use juice, fence grab, use illegal blows, etc...

That is your logic, how can you think like that?

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:26 PM

i dont need my Mommy to stick up for me,i can fight my own battles

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:27 PM
i dont need my Mommy to stick up for me,i can fight my own battles

Well I sincerely feel bad for you if you don't have a family support system.

and I also get a giggle when a "man" can't admit he needs support, (Or help)
go ahead tough guy, act like you can do everything yourself ;)

Maybe you have some insecurities?
Have you ever heard of the idea that sometimes guys make up for something being small,
by acting like they are extra manly.....

bj44
03-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Anywhere he wants when GSP doesn't have grease on his shoulders nullifying BJ's guard.
why didnt he do anthing when they were standing then, he was a punching bag wherever the fight was

dont tell me you actually believe pen can beat gsp. Does that mean if i grease myself up i can be ufc champion. Does grease make that muc
h of a difference? Ill grease myself up and challenge everyone on my block to a fight and see what happens.

Anyone who thinks bj wins that fight grease or no grease is retarded

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:34 PM
How not?

You think cheating only matters if it changes the outcome of the fight,
am I correct?

So, so long as I am going to win anyway,
I can grease, use juice, fence grab, use illegal blows, etc...

That is your logic, how can you think like that?

you really need to quit trying to put words in peoples mouths,

thats why i say there is no point talking to you about this.

BJ took a beating of his life that night,
he lost,get over it already,
you seem very angry about this,maybe you bet everything you had on this fight and now you want a no contest declared so you can get your money back,your not related to him are you?

Miss Foxy
03-20-2009, 07:34 PM
**coughing**
Spell check anyone??

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:35 PM
you really need to quit trying to put words in peoples mouths,

thats why i say there is no point talking to you about this.

BJ took a beating of his life that night,
he lost,get over it already,
you seem very angry about this,maybe you bet everything you had on this fight and now you want a no contest declared so you can get your money back,your not related to him are you?

I didn't put words in your mouth, I said, AM I CORRECT? lol

You are making it out to seem that the grease doesn't matter,
because GSP would have won anyway.

(its you're, not your ;))

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:36 PM
why didnt he do anthing when they were standing then, he was a punching bag wherever the fight was

dont tell me you actually believe pen can beat gsp. Does that mean if i grease myself up i can be ufc champion. Does grease make that muh of a difference? Anyone who thinks bj wins that fight grease or no grease is retarded

When two people are on a very similar skill level yes it does,
don't be stupid.

You're well aware grease wouldn't make a difference if you fought GSP, or BJ.

But when two people are at a very high skill set in ANY competition,
anything (like grease) can make a big difference.

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I didn't put words in your mouth, I said, AM I CORRECT? lol

You are making it out to seem that the grease doesn't matter,
because GSP would have won anyway.

(its you're, not your ;))

is that all you have now?
insults,
grow up kid.

bj44
03-20-2009, 07:40 PM
When two people are on a very similar skill level yes it does,
don't be stupid.

You're well aware grease wouldn't make a difference if you fought GSP, or BJ.

But when two people are at a very high skill set in ANY competition,
anything (like grease) can make a big difference.
yeah but you know a well as i do that Bj Penn wasnt winning that fight on that night whether GSP was greased or not.

He looked terrible

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:40 PM
is that all you have now?
insults,
grow up kid.

Insults? I corrected your spelling. Just looking out for you.

Also, I asked if I was correct in my assessment of your thoughts on the subject,
I did not put words into your mouth.

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Insults? I corrected your spelling. Just looking out for you.

Also, I asked if I was correct in my assessment of your thoughts on the subject,
I did not put words into your mouth.
if you have a dictionary look up your,
maybe your not as smart as you think.

Crisco
yeah but you know a well as i do that Bj Penn wasnt winning that fight on that night whether GSP was greased or not.

He looked terrible

Atom obviously didn't watch the fight.

If you really think BJ can beat GSP with anything he wants you still have some pubes on your face from hugging his nuts so hard.

atomdanger

He looked terrible

I do know that, I do not think BJ showed up that night.

But I do believe he CAN beat GSP, I don't know if he isn't hungry anymore,
or believes too much of his own hype, but he didn't seem to show up.

Either way, I feel like there should have been a punishment for the greasing.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:42 PM
if you have a dictionary look up your,
maybe your not as smart as you think.

Maybe we own different dictionary's?

your
   /yʊər, yɔr, yoʊr; unstressed yər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [yoor, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer] Show IPA
–pronoun
1. (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
2. one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
3. (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.

Now, You're.

you're
   /yʊər; unstressed yər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [yoor; unstressed yer] Show IPA
contraction of you are: You're certain that's right?

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Atom obviously didn't watch the fight.

If you really think BJ can beat GSP with anything he wants you still have some pubes on your face from hugging his nuts so hard.

:laugh: post of the week!

Crisco
03-20-2009, 07:43 PM

BJ cannot beat GSP at 170. GSP has come to far and BJ's size makes it impossible for him to be competitive GSP will out wrestle him all day

bj44
03-20-2009, 07:46 PM

I believe Gsp beats penn 8-9 times out of 10 no matter what Bj shows up. Theres always a chance bj clips him like serra did or GSP makes a mistake on the ground and bj gets his back and chokes him out. Other than that though GSP is to big, to fast, and to athletic for BJ penn to deal with.

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Maybe we own different dictionary's?

your
   /yʊər, yɔr, yoʊr; unstressed yər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [yoor, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer] Show IPA
–pronoun
1. (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
2. one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
3. (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.

Now, You're.

you're
   /yʊər; unstressed yər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [yoor; unstressed yer] Show IPA
contraction of you are: You're certain that's right?
like i said,,maybe your not as smart as you think you are.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:47 PM
BJ cannot beat GSP at 170. GSP has come to far and BJ's size makes it impossible for him to be competitive GSP will out wrestle him all day

Maybe I am wrong, I don't pretend to know everything,
its my opinion that BJ won the first fight and was robbed,
and its my opinion if given a re match he will win the third fight.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:48 PM
like i said,,maybe your not as smart as you think you are.

Says the guy who can't use a comma, no proper punctuation and no argument back for the conversation we have been having.

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Maybe I am wrong, I don't pretend to know everything,
its my opinion that BJ won the first fight and was robbed,
and its my opinion if given a re match he will win the third fight.
he wont beat Kenny,not sure how he could ever beat GSP.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:49 PM
I believe Gsp beats penn 8-9 times out of 10 no matter what Bj shows up. Theres always a chance bj clips him like serra did or GSP makes a mistake on the ground and bj gets his back and chokes him out. Other than that though GSP is to big, to fast, and to athletic for BJ penn to deal with.

I think he is too big and too strong for BJ,
but that doesn't make it impossible.

atomdanger
he wont beat Kenny,not sure how he could ever beat GSP.

Sig bet?

bj44
Says the guy who can't use a comma, no proper punctuation and no argument back for the conversation we have been having.
eh this is an internet message board. Id like to see what kind of punctuation and spelling you use when you text people lol..

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
eh this is an internet message board. Id like to see what kind of punctuation and spelling you use when you text people lol..

Oh, I rock the "crackberry", so I am usually dead on.

I know its an internet message board, but I thought it was funny that somebody starting calling my intelligence into place.
All I did was correct his sentence a little, its a bad habit.

bj44
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I think he is too big and too strong for BJ,
but that doesn't make it impossible.
agreed

bradwright
03-20-2009, 07:55 PM
this isn't english class,
maybe thats your problem,you think everyone is still in school like you,
throwing insults at people because they dont spell properly or use proper punctuation is just a bit childish and if thats the only way you can interact here then i'm starting to think your right,you really are just liker cry baby J.

bj44
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Atom, I disagree with you when you say GSP only wins because he is bigger than his opponents though. He is one of the best fighters in the world top 5 pound for pound and you dont have to like him but you should respect the skills he brings into the octagon.

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
this isn't english class,
maybe thats your problem,you think everyone is still in school like you,
throwing insults at people because they dont spell properly or use proper punctuation is just a bit childish and if thats the only way you can interact here then i'm starting to think your right,you really are just liker cry baby J.

I didn't insult you at all (its you're, not your).
How on earth is that an insult?

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Atom, I disagree with you when you say GSP only wins because he is bigger than his opponents though. He is one of the best fighters in the world top 5 pound for pound and you dont have to like him but you should respect the skills he brings into the octagon.

I cannot.

He shows me that he can over power opponents, and grind them.
I suppose in fairness, he seems to have better wrestling than a lot of guys.

GSP has defended twice, I doubt he will defend much more,
if he makes it past Alves.

Neezar
03-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Whether or not that GSP can beat BJ doesn't change the fact that GSP cheated.

I think GSP can whip BJ or any given Wednesday or Saturday, wet or dry. :laugh:

And I think GSP cheated.

bradwright
03-20-2009, 08:00 PM

And I think GSP cheated.
dont test me.:angry:

atomdanger
03-20-2009, 08:01 PM

And I think GSP cheated.

Exactly, and oddly enough no GSP supporter has been able to argue that.

They change the subject, get weird about me correcting grammar,
call me a kid, and various other things to change the subject.

bj44
03-20-2009, 08:03 PM

And I think GSP cheated.
He did cheat but its like me lying and saying im beating my little brother 20-2 at basketball when im only beating 18-2...

bradwright
03-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Sig bet?
okay.

Neezar
03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
He did cheat but its like me lying and saying im beating my little brother 20-2 at basketball when im only beating 18-2...

Even if you get caught in a white lie then you are still seen as a liar. That is actually the sad part. He is seen as a cheater even when he didn't even need to cheat!

bradwright
03-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Even if you get caught in a white lie then you are still seen as a liar. That is actually the sad part. He is seen as a cheater even when he didn't even need to cheat!
i said,,dont test me.:ninja:

Neezar
03-20-2009, 08:09 PM
:laugh:

Neezar
03-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Here is what I believe. I believe that Greg Jackson's crew has been doing this for a while. They have found a great way to intergrate this cheating into their cornering and it has become routine. I believe that while GSP didn't need this that it has just become their way of doing things so they kept doing it. I also have a hard time believing that any of Jackson's fighters are ignorant of the fact that it has been happening. And this makes me sick that it has been happening. And as a person who has been trying to become a fan of GSP it makes me madder than hell at him. He didn't need it and it has tainted him. He will now always be known as a cheater. He will never get full credit for his accomplishments.

bradwright
03-20-2009, 08:17 PM

you mock me?
do you really think this is a good course of action to take?

maybe its my improper use of spelling and punctuation thats throwing you off,
so i will say it one last time,DONT TEST ME.:punch:

only 207 more to go.:)

bradwright
03-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Here is what I believe. I believe that Greg Jackson's crew has been doing this for a while. They have found a great way to intergrate this cheating into their cornering and it has become routine. I believe that while GSP didn't need this that it has just become their way of doing things so they kept doing it. I also have a hard time believing that any of Jackson's fighters are ignorant of the fact that it has been happening. And this makes me sick that it has been happening. And as a person who has been trying to become a fan of GSP it makes me madder than hell at him. He didn't need it and it has tainted him. He will now always be known as a cheater. He will never get full credit for his accomplishments.
not from you evidently,

Neezar
03-20-2009, 08:21 PM
not from you evidently,

oh well,, call me skeptic.

bradwright
03-20-2009, 08:29 PM
oh well,, call me skeptic.
whats this?
you should only use one comma,and your lack of proper use of words troubles me,

it should have read,

well,call me A skeptic,OR,well call me skeptical,but never,well,,call me skeptic.

or was that just a cheap shot at my poor command of the english language?:ninja:

StizzoFoShizzo
03-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Having your mother in court for moral support is one thing, but it's another thing all together for her to be reading statements during the proceedings. As an English Canadian, I would love nothing more than to see a French Canadian get KTFO. I find it funny though, how a BJ fan can say they hate GSP for how he said Sera was a better man the night he lost to him, then made the excuses about his personal life/lack of training. BJ is doing the exact same thing here. He did admit defeat the day after(I saw the video), but here he is well after the fact using this "greasegate" as an excuse to whipe a loss off his record. Now on to GSP not going to the hearing. First of all Bonner is an idiot and I have no clue why anyone could possibly agree with him on anything mma related, he "lost" a fight equal to a schoolyard brawl, got a bone throne his way and proceeded to suck. Ok back on gsp not being present. Why would he show when first, he wasn't invited, and why would he go show support for his trainers when it was their fault to begin with. IMO showing up to support nurse and Jackson would make it look like he actually meant to grease(which may or may not be the case). The smart thing for GSP would be to distance himself from that camp altogether. I am not a fan of neither fighter, I just wanna see fair, exciting fights. Feel free to correct any spelling/puntuation errors if it really bothers u that much. Remember, go easy on me, I'm only a junior member. Which has nothing to do with my member.

StizzoFoShizzo
03-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh I forgot, I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!

atomdanger
03-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I find it funny though, how a BJ fan can say they hate GSP for how he said Sera was a better man the night he lost to him, then made the excuses about his personal life/lack of training. BJ is doing the exact same thing here. He did admit defeat the day after(I saw the video), but here he is well after the fact using this "greasegate" as an excuse to whipe a loss off his record.

I do not believe I have seen a statement from BJ saying that the fight would have gone differently.
Have you? Please post one.

I believe he has said GSP cheated (and he did), and that he wanted/wants a fair fight.
Who cares if he wanted it to be a NC, I agree it should have been also, even if GSP mops him up 100 times, it should be a NC.

Chuck
03-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Who cares if he wanted it to be a NC, I agree it should have been also, even if GSP mops him up 100 times, it should be a NC.

On what grounds? Tiny, trace amounts of vaseline accidently applied to GSP's back???

Cheating is cheating though right?

So all the fights with a groin kick should be stopped and rulled a NC.

Grabbing the cage? Stopped and called a NC.

Accidental eye poke? Stopped and called a NC..

:doh:

atomdanger
03-21-2009, 11:50 PM
On what grounds? Tiny, trace amounts of vaseline accidently applied to GSP's back???

Cheating is cheating though right?

So all the fights with a groin kick should be stopped and rulled a NC.

Grabbing the cage? Stopped and called a NC.

Accidental eye poke? Stopped and called a NC..

:doh:

Tiny trace amounts? lol
If "tiny trace amounts" of steroids come up its a NC,
I think the grease gave GSP an unfair advantage.

Grease on his upper back gave him an advantage when in BJ's guard.
I do not see how you can argue that.

Chuck
03-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Tiny trace amounts? lol
If "tiny trace amounts" of steroids come up its a NC,
I think the grease gave GSP an unfair advantage.

Grease on his upper back gave him an advantage when in BJ's guard.
I do not see how you can argue that.

Grabbing the fence gives a fighter an unfair advantage.
Groin shots give a fighter an unfair advantage.
Grabbing your opponents trunks gives a fighter an unfair advantage.
Executing an eye poke gives a fighter an unfair advantage.

When those things happen in a fight should they all be a NC too? :huh:

atomdanger
03-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Grabbing the fence gives a fighter an unfair advantage.
Groin shots give a fighter an unfair advantage.
Grabbing your opponents trunks gives a fighter an unfair advantage.
Executing an eye poke gives a fighter an unfair advantage.

When those things happen in a fight should they all be a NC too? :huh:

You're right, and if you do those fouls 2 or 3 times in a fight you can get DQed,
just as GSP had vasoline applied more than once between rounds.

*shrug*
How can you argue that? He did it after round 1, after round 2, and after round 3. But still no DQ for that?

but if I threw you 3 low blows, you could win by DQ,
if I grabbed the fence 3 times I could be DQed,
If I poked you in the eye 3 times, I could be DQed...

So why not for the grease?

Chuck
03-22-2009, 02:04 AM
You're right, and if you do those fouls 2 or 3 times in a fight you can get DQed,
just as GSP had vasoline applied more than once between rounds.

*shrug*
How can you argue that? He did it after round 1, after round 2, and after round 3. But still no DQ for that?

but if I threw you 3 low blows, you could win by DQ,
if I grabbed the fence 3 times I could be DQed,
If I poked you in the eye 3 times, I could be DQed...

So why not for the grease?

But the point I was trying to make brother is there is never an outcry and a sobfest after a fight with fence grabbing, low blows or eye pokes.

If BJ would have grabbed GSP's shorts 3 times in the fight and GSP went to the NSAC and filed a formal complaint... what would you think?

Personally I don't think GSP's "greasing" is any different then any of the fouls I mentioned above. So why is it such a huge issue to BJ's fans? Because BJ got totally dominated and his fans can't accept it.

Fouls happen in every sport... every time. It's a part of the sport. IF GSP is a cheater for trace amounts of vaseline then every fighter who has ever committed a foul in an MMA bout is a cheater. Shouldn't they all be dealt with the same?

The fact is they ARE being dealt with the same and Penn fans can't accept it. They just keep cyring and crying and in the long run all it does it make BJ and all of his fans look bad. GSP's foul had little to no impact on the outcome of the fight. That's why the NSAC isn't ruling a NC and like it or not it's the right call IMO.

I like the **shrug** thing btw... I think I might "borrow" it every now and then. :D

atomdanger
03-22-2009, 04:15 AM
But the point I was trying to make brother is there is never an outcry and a sobfest after a fight with fence grabbing, low blows or eye pokes.

Personally I don't think GSP's "greasing" is any different then any of the fouls I mentioned above. So why is it such a huge issue to BJ's fans? Because BJ got totally dominated and his fans can't accept it.

I can accept it, I even admitted in another thread that BJ didn't show up,
and that is what cost him the fight.
That to me, does not make the cheating ok, everybody seems to think since GSP would have won anyway,
that he should be allowed to cheat.

and as far as the underlined comment.

Low Blows = Lots and lots of Cro Cop fans still call the Kongo fight BS over the knees to Cro Cops groin.
Eye Poke = Everybody, even people on this forum complained a LOT about the Kevin Burns / Anthony Johnson eye poke incident.
Fence Grabbing = Fairly common for people to complain a lot about this, I could site a lot of fights where fans go on and on about fence grabs on forums.

So yes... there are outcry's and sobfests over things like that.

Two or three fouls in a fight can get you DQed, and should,
are you saying you think if I give you 3 solid low blows I shouldn't be DQed?

Fouls happen in fights, once or twice, after that you start to wonder if its intentional. IMO if you fence grab, eye poke, or low blow that many times in a fight you're either doing it on purpose or you aren't ready to be a professional fighter because you clearly cannot follow the rules of the sport.
DQing for fouls in a fight is fair, an I to assume you feel like they should just keep taking points for those things? and never DQ? Or???

Chuck
03-22-2009, 04:32 AM
I can accept it, I even admitted in another thread that BJ didn't show up,
and that is what cost him the fight.
That to me, does not make the cheating ok, everybody seems to think since GSP would have won anyway,
that he should be allowed to cheat.

Well obviously what we're talking about here is perspective. To me Nurse acted irresponsibly but without intent. I truly belive the vaseline was put on GSP by accident. So to me that foul is not any greater then any of the ones I've listed already. Do I think it's OK to cheat or commit a foul intentionally? Absolutely not. But inadvertent fouls happen in every MMA match and that's what I belive happened with the GSP/BJ fight. I don't think it's "OK" because GSP was going to win anyway but I do think the overall impact on the fight should be considered. And most people (I think) don't believe it would have changed anything in the fight.
and as far as the underlined comment.

Low Blows = Lots and lots of Cro Cop fans still call the Kongo fight BS over the knees to Cro Cops groin.
Eye Poke = Everybody, even people on this forum complained a LOT about the Kevin Burns / Anthony Johnson eye poke incident.
Fence Grabbing = Fairly common for people to complain a lot about this, I could site a lot of fights where fans go on and on about fence grabs on forums.

So yes... there are outcry's and sobfests over things like that.
Agreed. But nobody attacked those fighters integrity, labeled them as "cheaters" and cried out for a NC. Nor was the NSAC (or whatever governing body) involved. Why? Because crap happens in a fight. And we all understand that. Do you see the point I'm trying to make here? Other people commit a foul and it's just part of the fight game. Somebody in GSP's corner, NOT GSP, commits a foul and GSP is labeled a cheater and has his integrity immediately questioned.

Two or three fouls in a fight can get you DQed, and should,
are you saying you think if I give you 3 solid low blows I shouldn't be DQed?

Fouls happen in fights, once or twice, after that you start to wonder if its intentional. IMO if you fence grab, eye poke, or low blow that many times in a fight you're either doing it on purpose or you aren't ready to be a professional fighter because you clearly cannot follow the rules of the sport.
DQing for fouls in a fight is fair, an I to assume you feel like they should just keep taking points for those things? and never DQ? Or???
I think any intentional, excessive fouls, depending on the severity should warrant a DQ. I don't believe the fouls by Nurse were either. "Fouls happen in fights once or twice"... I belive Nurse only made his mistake twice.. betweens round 1/2 and 2/3.

You shouldn't assume brother!!! You know that :laugh:

atomdanger
03-22-2009, 06:37 AM
I think any intentional, excessive fouls, depending on the severity should warrant a DQ. I don't believe the fouls by Nurse were either. "Fouls happen in fights once or twice"... I belive Nurse only made his mistake twice.. betweens round 1/2 and 2/3.

You shouldn't assume brother!!! You know that :laugh:

Oh I don't assume, I don't care if you're doing it by accident or on purpose,
if you commit the same foul 3 times in a fight you should be tossed.

I do feel like there was a bit of an over reaction, I can admit that,
and I suppose in fairness Jackson and Nurse should be getting more crap than GSP.

StizzoFoShizzo
03-22-2009, 11:04 AM
I do not believe I have seen a statement from BJ saying that the fight would have gone differently.
Have you? Please post one.

I believe he has said GSP cheated (and he did), and that he wanted/wants a fair fight.

I'm pretty sure the whole point of Bj saying he wants a NC is the same thing as saying the fight would have gone differently. If he was making this complaint for the better of the sport, what's with all the personal attacks? I wish matt woulda been more public back when he had his suspitions. Even though there was no video evidence in matts situation, I still think having a fighter of matts repute speak up would maybe be enough to curb potential future problems like this. You know he would have made his complaint on behalf of the sport and left the personal attack crap at home. I just wanna see Alvez knock that québécois into next week, and I'm even more anxious to see BJ back where he belongs, kickin ass at 155. I just hope for his egos sake he wins.

Tyburn
03-22-2009, 12:57 PM
and greaser boy couldn't even show up... at all :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this is a hoot!

Tyburn
03-22-2009, 01:00 PM

No...His mum actually read out a statement on his behalf...thats not just support Atom :rolleyes:

Tyburn
03-22-2009, 01:03 PM
I hope the Anderson Silva/Georges Saint-Pierre match never happens :ninja:

andyman234
03-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I hate how people dont give Jon Fitch the credit he deserves. GSP "beating" Jon Fitch is a huge accomplishment. Fitch was undefeated in the octagon, tying royce gracie's record with 8 straight wins. He also beat Alves, and as a fellow fan of Matt you know what Alves can do. Your insults against GSP are 1) Beating fitch
2).beating B.J
3). almost letting serra get to round 3
how are these negative points against a fighter?

andyman234
03-26-2009, 11:51 AM
he can argue that because he has the ruling of the comission on his side.

Chuck
03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I hate how people dont give Jon Fitch the credit he deserves. GSP "beating" Jon Fitch is a huge accomplishment. Fitch was undefeated in the octagon, tying royce gracie's record with 8 straight wins. He also beat Alves, and as a fellow fan of Matt you know what Alves can do. Your insults against GSP are 1) Beating fitch
2).beating B.J

Hey man... looks like you're a little new to the forums so here is a little tip for you..

If you're replying to a persons post then click the blue "quote" button. That way your response will appear under their original quote like you see above. This will give your replies more context and we'll understand you better.

Welcome to the board. :wink:

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
2).beating B.J
See...I look at it the other way round. I see GSP beating Fitch as a negative point because, GSP couldnt FINISH Fitch. This is not playing down Jon at all, its saying that if Georges really is the best thing since Anderson Silva, surely he would not only be able to beat Fitch...but also Finish him...and ANYONE else.

Penn is different, first there is controversy over that match, and secondly, What would happen if they replayed the match at 155lbs??? Thats got less to do with Georges, and more to do with Penn not bothering, or fighting outside of his means

rearnakedchoke
03-26-2009, 03:10 PM
See...I look at it the other way round. I see GSP beating Fitch as a negative point because, GSP couldnt FINISH Fitch. This is not playing down Jon at all, its saying that if Georges really is the best thing since Anderson Silva, surely he would not only be able to beat Fitch...but also Finish him...and ANYONE else.

Penn is different, first there is controversy over that match, and secondly, What would happen if they replayed the match at 155lbs??? Thats got less to do with Georges, and more to do with Penn not bothering, or fighting outside of his means
You can't be serious .. not finishing Fitch is a negative? maybe not finishing Kos was a negative, but Fitch has never been stopped ... I mean, GSP has stopped BJ, Matt twice, Serra, Sherk, Trigg, beacuse he didn't finish Fitch, well now he must just suck

bj44
03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
if GSP beats Alves then he has cleaned out his division more than Anderson has. Anderson actually has some contenders to his throne ie mia, bisping, okami etc

bj44
03-26-2009, 03:27 PM

so i guess matt hughes isnt as good as anderson silva cuss he didnt finish sean sherk

pretty stupid argument dave

TDPARKASH
03-26-2009, 04:03 PM
George is 27, Andersen is 33, In seven years we might able to compare the two.

Silva's precision puts him in a league of his own, and in my opinion GSP's wrestling/ GNP puts him in his own league.

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Both are overrated...:punch: I just want to jump up n down on my bed and say "GSP sucks" all day long.. And for all you that are gonna ask me why? The man has no character or charisma... I don't need a reason just don't like him....Plus vaseline doesn't smell good IMHO....

TDPARKASH
03-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Both are overrated, I am guessing you don't follow MMA too much. They are both ranked in every ranking i have ever seen, including this one.

Both are overrated...:punch: I just want to jump up n down on my bed and say "GSP sucks" all day long.. And for all you that are gonna ask me why? The man has no character or charisma... I don't need a reason just don't like him....Plus vaseline doesn't smell good IMHO....

Chuck
03-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Both are overrated, I am guessing you don't follow MMA too much. They are both ranked in every ranking i have ever seen, including this one.

Bro you have to remember the "female" factor.... she's speaking based on something I think they call "feelings".... no logic or reason is necessary. :laugh:

Crisco
03-26-2009, 04:39 PM

I can understand not liking them... but over rated Melis? Iunno about that one...

bj44
03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
overrated? lol

I guess hate causes people to be unrealistic

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 06:03 PM
In MY opinion like I stated. And YES I do follow MMA just not the bandwagon!!

bj44
03-26-2009, 06:05 PM
In my opinion kobe bryant is a douchebag

im not gonna say hes an overrated basketball player though just cuss i dont like him. Hes the best.

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 06:08 PM

im not gonna say hes an overrated basketball player though just cuss i dont like him. Hes the best.
Ok just to please you I will restate it ok.............
In MY opinion GSP is wiggity whack.. He is a good fighter underneath all that vaseline, however he is not the best and it does not end there. There will always be someone to come along and give it to him. I will be there with bells on when they do. Enough people shine his shoes I think I will pass!! :laugh:

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 06:10 PM

I'd disagree with that statment.....and although I do think GSP is the greatest at WW right now, he can still be overrated, just listen to the godly representations his fans give him, and even the best can be overrated

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Enough people shine his shoes I think I will pass!! :laugh:
:wub:

bj44
03-26-2009, 06:16 PM
I'd disagree with that statment.....and although I do think GSP is the greatest at WW right now, he can still be overrated, just listen to the godly representations his fans give him, and even the best can be overrated
eh i dont see anybody beating him for awhile, hes too good of an athlete, to well coached, and to skilled for everyone right now.

He isnt unbeatable of course no one is :)

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 06:19 PM
eh i dont see anybody beating him for awhile, hes too good of an athlete, to well coached, and to skilled for everyone right now.

He isnt unbeatable of course no one is :)I think you missed my point, i said he was top at WW, but when you get praised as highly by his bandwaggoners as gsp does, even the tops can be overrated...Fedor for example, the best fighter in the world...but armbaring God and being a cyborg, even he can be overrated when talk that arises

bj44
03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
I think you missed my point, i said he was top at WW, but when you get praised as highly by his bandwaggoners as gsp does, even the tops can be overrated...Fedor for example, the best fighter in the world...but armbaring God and being a cyborg, even he can be overrated when talk that arises
i guess? But usually the word overrated is saved for people who havnt proven themselves yet... GSP is a 4 time world champion.

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 06:26 PM
i guess? But usually the word overrated is saved for people who havnt proven themselves yet... GSP is a 4 time world champion.thats not how I define it, they way I see it, no matter how good you are, if your abilities are hyped to an unbelievable standard, then you can be considered overrated, it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't good

bj44
03-26-2009, 06:30 PM
thats not how I define it, they way I see it, no matter how good you are, if your abilities are hyped to an unbelievable standard, then you can be considered overrated, it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't good
like how i define it somone like roger huerta was overrated. He was seen as an elite lw even before he beat anyone good just because of his looks how he fights etc... Overrated is hyping somone up to be better than they are. I dont think thats possable if your the best. Well just have to agree to disagree.

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
You can't be serious .. not finishing Fitch is a negative? maybe not finishing Kos was a negative, but Fitch has never been stopped ... I mean, GSP has stopped BJ, Matt twice, Serra, Sherk, Trigg, beacuse he didn't finish Fitch, well now he must just suck
I'm absolutely serious.

Fitch is good...but is he Matt Hughes or BJ Penn?? Absolutely not.

If Georges can finish either the above, what is his excuse for not Finishing Fitch??

Who cares if Fitch has never been stopped?? Is that supposed to mean that the best thing since Anderson Silva cant stop him :huh:

is he P4P the best...or just..."okay" ?? Because the way people talk about him I expect to see results. He fairs very well as an "okay" fighter...but as p4p...I'm waiting for him to proove it, preferably against someone of his own weight class, someone who is good, and someone he can not just beat, but positively smush. Matt Serra does not count as "someone who is good" Hughes was too long ago...and Penn...well Penn isnt native to his class.

So...bring on Thiago Alves...if he makes weight...the Georges must smush...and I mean Smush Alves...Then I'll be quiet hahahaha

He should never have lost to Serra in the first place, that was just an embarisment :$

Crisco
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm absolutely serious.

If Georges can finish either the above, what is his excuse for not Finishing Fitch??

Who cares if Fitch has never been stopped?? Is that supposed to mean that the best thing since Anderson Silva cant stop him :huh:

is he P4P the best...or just..."okay" ?? Because the way people talk about him I expect to see results. He fairs very well as an "okay" fighter...but as p4p...I'm waiting for him to proove it, preferably against someone of his own weight class, someone who is good, and someone he can not just beat, but positively smush. Matt Serra does not count as "someone who is good" Hughes was too long ago...and Penn...well Penn isnt native to his class.

So...bring on Thiago Alves...if he makes weight...the Georges must smush...and I mean Smush Alves...Then I'll be quiet hahahaha

He should never have lost to Serra in the first place, that was just an embarisment :$

LOL.

Finishing fights is not everything.

Lyoto isn't any good because he doesn't finish everyone...

You touted Fitch as the future and GSP completely made him look like he didn't belong there.

GSP is already Legit beating Thiago doesn't mean a whole lot in the scheme. It's if GSP can beat Anderson that is what I want to know.

County Mike
03-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Dave will argue anything.

Anything!

He's a master debater.

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 07:15 PM
LOL.

Finishing fights is not everything.

Lyoto isn't any good because he doesn't finish everyone...

You touted Fitch as the future and GSP completely made him look like he didn't belong there.

GSP is already Legit beating Thiago doesn't mean a whole lot in the scheme. It's if GSP can beat Anderson that is what I want to know.
Lyoto isnt any good because he's boring :laugh:

I think Fitch is very good, but if he "didnt belong there" how come it wasnt a complete massicre? how come he wasnt finished??

I didnt say Georges wasnt "legit" but I wont be touting him until He prooves he is as good as everyone says he is. He must FINISH someone VERY good.

Alves will do. :laugh:

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Dave will argue anything.

Anything!

He's a master debater.
:ashamed: I cant help it :w00t:

bj44
03-26-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm absolutely serious.

He should never have lost to Serra in the first place, that was just an embarisment :$Matt hughes didnt "smush" chris lytle lol

this is a dumb argument dave. You just looking for excuses not to call georges legit... You picked fitch to win that fight

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Matt hughes didnt "smush" chris lytle lol

this is a dumb argument dave. You just looking for excuses not to call georges legit... You picked fitch to win that fight
"legit"?

I'm not debating he has the right to the Title. I'm talking about his performance since gaining it. :rolleyes:

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
i guess? But usually the word overrated is saved for people who havnt proven themselves yet... GSP is a 4 time world champion.
Yeah and Matts 9x so whats the point? Bahhhh I hear sheep

Crisco
03-26-2009, 07:55 PM
I will bow out of this arguement lol.

Dave cannot be reasoned with and Melissa is a woman so that is always a losing battle :tongue0011:

bj44
03-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah and Matts 9x so whats the point? Bahhhh I hear sheep
matt hughes is also 5-6 years older than GSP haha.... Will GSP have 5 more title wins the next 5-6 years... Who knows?.......i think so.....

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 07:59 PM

Dave cannot be reasoned with and Melissa is a woman so that is always a losing battle :tongue0011:
are you tapping :huh:

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 08:00 PM

Oh wise of you Crisco!! I guess we should start a forum titled "Im very sensitive regarding GSP." Or perhaps since I wish to be a dictator right now anyone that thinks he is all that and a jar of grease outta visit one of his forums. :laugh:
Just like illegal immigrants get told "you don't like it here you can LEAVE!!!!"
For the record this is directed at anyone who keeps trying to battle with me regarding GSP I won't run circles debating why I don't like the guy. I don't need his fight stats.. I am merely dismembering his character which he has none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that I have went off hope ya'll are having a good day thus far....:Whistle:

Crisco
03-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Oh wise of you Crisco!! I guess we should start a forum titled "Im very sensitive regarding GSP." Or perhaps since I wish to be a dictator right now anyone that thinks he is all that and a jar of grease outta visit one of his forums. :laugh:
Just like illegal immigrants get told "you don't like it here you can LEAVE!!!!"
For the record this is directed at anyone who keeps trying to battle with me regarding GSP I won't run circles debating why I don't like the guy. I don't need his fight stats.. I am merely dismembering his character which he has none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that I have went off hope ya'll are having a good day thus far....:Whistle:

I never questioned your feelings of dislike towards him I actually don't like his personality very much.

His performance in the cage is all I enjoy about him to be honest.

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 08:04 PM
matt hughes is also 5-6 years older than GSP haha.... Will GSP have 5 more title wins the next 5-6 years... Who knows?.......i think so.....
LOL I doubt it.. But your entitled to your beliefs. Yeah I know Matt is older than greaserboy, but "Matt is aging like fine wine." IMHO...

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 08:05 PM
I never questioned your feelings of dislike towards him I actually don't like his personality very much.

His performance in the cage is all I enjoy about him to be honest.
Thats why I put generally speaking.. You know you can question me we have a secret love/hate friendship!! hehe!!

Crisco
03-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Thats why I put generally speaking.. You know you can question me we have a secret love/hate friendship!! hehe!!

The hate just adds to the passion I think...

TDPARKASH
03-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Can you please state why you think they are overrated. Andersen Silva & GSP. Strictly from a fighting standpoint.

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Can you please state why you think they are overrated. Andersen Silva & GSP. Strictly from a fighting standpoint.
Do me a favor and go back and read my last few posts.... I clarified what I meant by the overrated and my strong disliked. Thanks a milli:)

Crisco
03-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Do me a favor and go back and read my last few posts.... I clarified what I meant by the overrated and my strong disliked. Thanks a milli:)

a milli a milli a milli a milli

God I hate that song. I hate any every single rap song every to come out of the south

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 08:28 PM

God I hate that song. I hate any every single rap song every to come out of the southI'm a young money millionaire, tougher than nigerian hair, my criteria compared to your career just isn't fair

does this make any sense to any of you? because I can honestly tell you, I don't have a clue what he is talking about haha

Crisco
03-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm a young money millionaire, tougher than nigerian hair, my criteria compared to your career just isn't fair

does this make any sense to any of you? because I can honestly tell you, I don't have a clue what he is talking about haha

It's a black thing...

:tongue0011: :tongue0011: :tongue0011: :tongue0011:

rearnakedchoke
03-26-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm absolutely serious.

that is ridiculous ... so because Matt was not able to stop Sean Sherk, who was stopped by GSP and BJ, does that make Matt less of a fighter??? come on, you are just talking garbage now ...

County Mike
03-26-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm a young money millionaire, tougher than nigerian hair, my criteria compared to your career just isn't fair

Never heard it in my life. The "Nigerian heir" part is funny though. I assume everyone gets those scam/spam emails.

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Never heard it in my life. The "Nigerian heir" part is funny though. I assume everyone gets those scam/spam emails.after the part i just wrote it goes, my criteria compared to your career is just isn't fair, I'm a venerial disease like a minstral I bleed.....WTF???

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 10:00 PM

God I hate that song. I hate any every single rap song every to come out of the south
Oh I can't stand Lil Wayne!! Please dont think I support retards trying to spit in the mic'....

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Oh I can't stand Lil Wayne!! Please dont think I support retards trying to spit in the mic'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLTCXZbCNFU

Crisco
03-26-2009, 10:08 PM
I can't feel my face

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 10:21 PM
I can't feel my face
:huh:

Do you get migraines....??

anaphalactic shock....???

County Mike
03-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Lil Wayne'll make it juicy for ya.

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Lil Wayne'll make it juicy for ya.
:blink:

bj44
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
mrs officer mrs officer

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
mrs officer mrs officer
Now that I am!!:Whistle:

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 11:57 PM
mrs officer mrs officerI got summer hatin on my cause I'm hotter the sun, spring hating on me cuz ain't never sprung, winter hating on me cause I'm colder than y'all, and I will never i will never fall...I'm being hated by the seasons, so (f-bomb) y'all who hatin for no reason..........thats what I call an artist:rolleyes:

bj44
03-27-2009, 12:33 AM
I got summer hatin on my cause I'm hotter the sun, spring hating on me cuz ain't never sprung, winter hating on me cause I'm colder than y'all, and I will never i will never fall...I'm being hated by the seasons, so (f-bomb) y'all who hatin for no reason..........thats what I call an artist:rolleyes:
you know it

***** im the bomb like tick tick

rearnakedchoke
03-27-2009, 01:18 AM
mrs officer mrs officer

that song is the joint ......

matthughesfan21
03-27-2009, 01:24 AM
that song is the joint ......I'm not a big rap fan, but gosh what happened to tupac and guys like them that actually rapped about life....all his songs are about sex or drugs or his last name...seriously, this is music?

I said lady what’s ya number she said 911/
Haaa…emergency only/
Hey doctor perform surgery on me/
Yeahh…and now I’m healed/
I make her wear nothing but handcuffs & heels/
And I beat it like a cop/
Rodney King baby yeah I beat it like a cop/
Ha Haaa…beat it like a cop/
Rodney King baby said beat it like a cop/
But I ain’t tryna be violent/
But I’ll do the time but her love is timeless/
…Mrs. Officer…/
I know you wish ya name was Mrs. Carter huh?...

bj44
03-27-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm not a big rap fan, but gosh what happened to tupac and guys like them that actually rapped about life....all his songs are about sex or drugs or his last name...seriously, this is music?

Haaa…emergency only/
…Mrs. Officer…/
ITs better than the french canadian rap GSP listens to that stuff is crap. Thats about the only bad thing ill say about GSP lol. Oh yeah and he talks obnoxiuosly loud during post fight interviews somtimes.

matthughesfan21
03-27-2009, 01:55 AM
ITs better than the french canadian rap GSP listens to that stuff is crap. Thats about the only bad thing ill say about GSP lol. Oh yeah and he talks obnoxiuosly loud during post fight interviews somtimes.yeah anything is better than listening to gsp talk, except hearing mike tyson talk

Chuck
03-27-2009, 03:17 AM
yeah anything is better than listening to gsp talk, except hearing mike tyson talk

Dats just wudicwis Dewek....:cool:

matthughesfan21
03-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Dats just wudicwis Dewek....:cool:Some people call me a rapist and a recluse, I AM NOT A RECLUSE:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
03-27-2009, 03:25 AM
Some people call me a rapist and a recluse, I AM NOT A RECLUSE:laugh:
yeah, what a great quote ...

rearnakedchoke
03-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm not a big rap fan, but gosh what happened to tupac and guys like them that actually rapped about life....all his songs are about sex or drugs or his last name...seriously, this is music?

Haaa…emergency only/
…Mrs. Officer…/

well, to be fair, tupac was writing for people to listen to his lyrics .. he is a lyrical poet, a ghetto prince ... lil wayne and people now are trying to be on the top 40 list, trying to make it onto club playlists, so they aren't worried about the lyrics but the beat so that you can dance to it ... they aren't worried about keeping hip-hop alive, they just wanna make a couple million and then make a dash ..

Vizion
03-28-2009, 11:21 PM
No DOUBT this fight is bigger than PENN/GSP.

Penn was way overrated IMO going into that fight.

I think Anderson would handle GSP though.

Chris F
03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
This would be money. Silva would win. GSP was dropped by a lightweight has will he take a punch from Silva

bj44
03-29-2009, 02:28 AM
This would be money. Silva would win. GSP was dropped by a lightweight has will he take a punch from Silva
thats kinda how i feel as well.... It would be hard for gsp to hold anderson down for 3-5 rounds without getting hit with a hard shot and going to sleep.

mscomc
03-29-2009, 02:39 AM
ITs better than the french canadian rap GSP listens to that stuff is crap. Thats about the only bad thing ill say about GSP lol. Oh yeah and he talks obnoxiuosly loud during post fight interviews somtimes.

Just of Curiosity...

Parlez vous francais ? Comment pouvez vous dire cela ?

With all due respect..If you Don't understand what that means, then I think I have illustrated my point.

Take care.

bj44
03-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Just of Curiosity...

Parlez vous francais ? Comment pouvez vous dire cela ?

With all due respect..If you Don't understand what that means, then I think I have illustrated my point.

Take care.
i do understand and i say that because thats how i feel. French does not sound good in french unless your Mc Solaar