PDA

View Full Version : I guess Conditioning is not a Factor in his Camp

JavierDLC
11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.5thround.com/95242/reagan-penn-i-disrespected-the-sport/

"One of the card’s many disappointments was Reagan Penn (Pictured), younger brother of UFC superstar BJ Penn. In his professional debut in August, Reagan easily submitted Paul Gardiner within one minute and 10 seconds of their contest. For his follow-up fight at ProElite II, he was completely gassed before the 1stRound horn even blared."

I guess it runs in the family or they just dont care....

3dlee
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
thats a shame. from what i read, almost all the superstars on the card were disappointing. big tim won a hugfest and arlovski ended his fight with a nice headkick ko after several rounds of looking pretty bad. do yall remember AA vs Big Tim main eventing UFC cards for the HW title? now i dont know if either of em are even top 10.

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2011, 04:19 PM
pssh ... who needs cardio when you can jump out of a pool ... LOL

JavierDLC
11-07-2011, 05:16 PM
pssh ... who needs cardio when you can jump out of a pool ... LOL

LMFAO :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Very true!

JavierDLC
11-07-2011, 05:16 PM
thats a shame. from what i read, almost all the superstars on the card were disappointing. big tim won a hugfest and arlovski ended his fight with a nice headkick ko after several rounds of looking pretty bad. do yall remember AA vs Big Tim main eventing UFC cards for the HW title? now i dont know if either of em are even top 10.

I saw them on HDNET and they were pretty crappy fights but the Arlovski knock out with one second left was Freaking Amazing!

Bonnie
11-08-2011, 05:16 AM
http://www.5thround.com/95242/reagan-penn-i-disrespected-the-sport/

"One of the card’s many disappointments was Reagan Penn (Pictured), younger brother of UFC superstar BJ Penn. In his professional debut in August, Reagan easily submitted Paul Gardiner within one minute and 10 seconds of their contest. For his follow-up fight at ProElite II, he was completely gassed before the 1stRound horn even blared."

I guess it runs in the family or they just dont care....

You think it is their conditioning...not enough, or maybe it's to do with their specific body type/genetics? :unsure-1: I've always wondered especially with BJ seeming to gas so quickly so often. :unsure:

3dlee
11-08-2011, 05:09 PM
i really like BJ's style of fighting. it just really says something when looking at his record that out of 16 wins only 3 of them have come by decision, the last one being in 05 (per wikipedia). and out of 8 losses, 6 of them have come by decision. Matt and GSP are the only ones that have stopped him. And of course with Georges, i think his corner thru in the towel.

F34R
11-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Yes, Matt is the only one who stopped him. Three decisions for wins is impressive. 81% finishing rate. Current champ as a 59% finishing rate. Matt has a 78% finishing rate.

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
LOL @ finishing rates ... they don't win you championships ... if that's the case, joe lauzon should be a hall of famer ... LOL ... 61% for BJ compared to 91% for GSP .. really ... and keep living in a dream world .. GSP stopped BJ ... BJ couldn't continue .. LOL .. that's a stoppage ..

JavierDLC
11-09-2011, 03:22 PM
LOL @ finishing rates ... they don't win you championships ... if that's the case, joe lauzon should be a hall of famer ... LOL ... 61% for BJ compared to 91% for GSP .. really ... and keep living in a dream world .. GSP stopped BJ ... BJ couldn't continue .. LOL .. that's a stoppage ..

I agree 100% but we need to be careful or we might get Logroused :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I agree 100% but we need to be careful or we might get Logroused :laugh:

yeah .. i know ... matt's name is thrown into the responses, so that if we rebut, we are talking about matt too .. i am comparing bj and gsp ... its no contest ... and gsp is about to hit his prime .. bj is contemplating retirement ...

F34R
11-09-2011, 11:32 PM

I never said anything about championships... someone said they liked bj's style, and that he's finished the majority of his fights, and compared him to the other two most recognized champs form the ww division.

Only in fantasy land did GSP finish BJ in that fight. Bj quit. Period. That's not a finish. Matt finished BJ... GSP, no. Did the ref step in and pull GSP off BJ? Did BJ tap during the course of a round? HMmm.... call it whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but we both know it's a fact that he didn't stop BJ.

JavierDLC
11-10-2011, 02:39 PM
I never said anything about championships... someone said they liked bj's style, and that he's finished the majority of his fights, and compared him to the other two most recognized champs form the ww division.

Only in fantasy land did GSP finish BJ in that fight. Bj quit. Period. That's not a finish. Matt finished BJ... GSP, no. Did the ref step in and pull GSP off BJ? Did BJ tap during the course of a round? HMmm.... call it whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but we both know it's a fact that he didn't stop BJ.

I don't know where you are from but where I come from nothing is worst than quitting on yourself! If your idol BJ is the warrior/prodigy you claim he is he wouldn't have quit. I don't see how you think its better to believe that he quit rather than to say he gave it his all and was unable to continue (was Stopped) because of the pounding GSP gave him by laying and praying on him like you anti-GSP haters like to call it :)

Llamafighter
11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't know where you are from but where I come from nothing is worst than quitting on yourself! If your idol BJ is the warrior/prodigy you claim he is he wouldn't have quit. I don't see how you think its better to believe that he quit rather than to say he gave it his all and was unable to continue (was Stopped) because of the pounding GSP gave him by laying and praying on him like you anti-GSP haters like to call it :)

didn't BJ's brother (corner) stopped the fight?

I can't remember

rearnakedchoke
11-11-2011, 11:23 AM
didn't BJ's brother (corner) stopped the fight?

I can't remember

yeah, but the herb dean asked bj countless times if he wanted to continue or if he could continue and bj never answered ... or couldn't answer ... so yeah, he quit .. especially when he was the one who said "to the death,. georges" and called gsp a quitter .. LOL ...

F34R
11-11-2011, 12:07 PM

A few things you need to know.

1. I never said quitting was better. However, quitting is what he did. I call it how I see it. It's a 100% fact, he quit.
2. I never said I idolized BJ. I don't idolize any fighters.
3. By saying "anti-gsp hater", you're in fact calling me a supporter. I've said countless times, I respect GSP as a fighter, as I do all fighters, and I've been a big fan when he was exciting.

JavierDLC
11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
A few things you need to know.

1. I never said quitting was better. However, quitting is what he did. I call it how I see it. It's a 100% fact, he quit.
2. I never said I idolized BJ. I don't idolize any fighters.
3. By saying "anti-gsp hater", you're in fact calling me a supporter. I've said countless times, I respect GSP as a fighter, as I do all fighters, and I've been a big fan when he was exciting.

Oh I see...

And I meant to say Anti-GSP who is a hater of GSP but I can see what you mean my bad :)

Tyburn
11-17-2011, 06:31 PM
maybe it's to do with their specific body type/genetics? :unsure-1:

:laugh: Sorry...strange mental image came to mind :laugh:

:ashamed: