PDA

View Full Version : Dream House, The Thing, Real Steel

TexasRN
10-15-2011, 01:31 PM
So while I'm hanging with the kids we are watching lots of movies. Yesterday we saw The Thing. It was a typical Monster Movie but the monster effects were super creepy. It was definitely worth watching if you want to see a twist on the "monster".

Then we went to a movie tavern where they serve you dinner during the movie. We watched Dream House. It was not exactly what I thought it was going to be, it actually turned out better. It was twisted even though I could see where it was going. A lot of critics and reviews blasted this movie but I really think it's because it wasn't what it was marketed to be. The kids and I liked it though.

Today we are going to go see Real Steel in a theater that has seats that shake and move with the effects of the movie. I haven't done this before and neither of the kids have either. It should be fun.

~Amy

Bonnie
10-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Amy, it sounds like a lot of fun! I'm wanting to see Real Steel, the previews look good. Let us know...

County Mike
10-17-2011, 12:29 PM
You've got some cool theaters near you. We just have regular and one I-Max in Atlantic City.

TexasRN
10-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Real Steel was good but not fantastically awesome. I mostly wanted to see it with the special seats. It felt like a ride. It was expensive so I wouldn't pay extra for the D-Box seats unless the movie was full of action. I did feel special sitting in the reserved seats like that. They had 2 rows total of these seats and the theater people only turned on the ones that were paid for, meaning ours. :laugh: I guess I'm a sucker. There were people right next to us who sat in the seats and I sort of felt sorry for their kids. Our seats were moving and we were laughing while they sat there unmoving.

~Amy

TexasRN
10-17-2011, 10:01 PM
You've got some cool theaters near you. We just have regular and one I-Max in Atlantic City.

This was all in Houston. NC doesn't have cool movies either. :sad: