PDA

View Full Version : Father Beats Teen who Beat Son

rockdawg21
09-01-2011, 06:13 PM
LOL, what an idiot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKbkcKnx_ro

flo
09-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Eww, that was sickening and hard to watch. I agree with what the news reporters said after the video. I feel sorry for the poor kids with parents like that. :cry:

Llamafighter
09-01-2011, 06:52 PM
What coward. He obviously couldn't take someone half his size mouthing off to him. Then to beat the kid like that...

Why the heck didn't anyone step in and stop him while he was hammer fisting that kid.?

flo
09-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Why the heck didn't anyone step in and stop him while he was hammer fisting that kid.?

I wondered the same thing, Llama, the woman (his wife?) covers her face and walks away! The whole thing is just shameful and cowardly.

County Mike
09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I posted this on my facebook page today.

One observation - the dad hit's like a sissy and/or the kid can take a punch.

County Mike
09-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Where's the video of the two kids fighting first? I want the WHOLE story. Maybe the teen in the video continued to beat on the man's son after the son gave up. Maybe he told the dad that he just finished banging his wife. I want to know what led up to the beatdown. The video I posted on my facebook page showed a little more. The dad also kicked the kid in the face after the hammer fists.

Dethbob
09-01-2011, 07:45 PM
When he gets to prison for beating up a kid, Im sure he will be respected and treated well.

Llamafighter
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
When he gets to prison for beating up a kid, Im sure he will be respected and treated well.

This!

Llamafighter
09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Where's the video of the two kids fighting first? I want the WHOLE story. Maybe the teen in the video continued to beat on the man's son after the son gave up. Maybe he told the dad that he just finished banging his wife. I want to know what led up to the beatdown. The video I posted on my facebook page showed a little more. The dad also kicked the kid in the face after the hammer fists.

In this vid the dad shakes his hand and stuff. I wonder if the kid kept talking smack afterward. No matter what it didn't warrant what the guy did.

rockdawg21
09-01-2011, 08:04 PM
This and I'd also like to find out why the other people there didn't kick the fathers' ass for striking the kid, at LEAST break it up or kick his ass after the multiple hammer fists. Pussies.

flo
09-01-2011, 08:06 PM

Well said.

BamaGrits84
09-01-2011, 10:33 PM
What a stellar member of society.

Where is Mayhem and a MTV camera crew when you need them?

Crisco
09-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I can't view the video at work. How old are the kids?

rockdawg21
09-01-2011, 11:59 PM
I can't view the video at work. How old are the kids?

Crisco
09-02-2011, 01:55 AM
Should have the kids scrap and stayed out of it.

Bonnie
09-02-2011, 03:03 AM
What is wrong with people! No sense, no brains...idiots! That goes for everyone there including the teenager who got beat up by that sad excuse for a man.

adamt
09-02-2011, 04:01 AM
honestly i think eerbody got what they deserved, the man is utterly humiliated and is gonna go to court for what he done, and the kid that got beat up got what he deserved, yes deserved, for mouthing off. Personally if I go up to brock lesnar and get in his face and mouth off, i deserve to be beat down a little bit, and that teen deserved to be beat down, he is the one that got up in the face of someone who is "twice his size"

and everyone else there are hopefully ashamed at themselves for being a part of such a stupid act. If it was just mma then shame on them for having a fight club, if it was a fight to settle a score then i hope whatever they were mad at each other about was worth it, because it sure did get blown out of proportion,..... of course having an organized fight in someones backyard was prolly blowing it out of proportion to begin with, they prolly both wanted to take the same girl to homecoming dance, jerks like these guys give mma a bad name

anyways..... the thing that irked me the very most was the stupid newscasters, someone needs to tell them to report the facts and not give us their stupid, personal diatribe and unintelligent opinions, i hate supposed journalists "commentating" on news. 'News Commentary' is an oxymoron. Its one or the other and when the people that are supposed to just report the facts start adding their own rhetoric you get what is now known as the mainstream media

flo
09-02-2011, 05:11 AM
honestly i think eerbody got what they deserved, the man is utterly humiliated and is gonna go to court for what he done, and the kid that got beat up got what he deserved, yes deserved, for mouthing off. Personally if I go up to brock lesnar and get in his face and mouth off, i deserve to be beat down a little bit, and that teen deserved to be beat down, he is the one that got up in the face of someone who is "twice his size"

and everyone else there are hopefully ashamed at themselves for being a part of such a stupid act. If it was just mma then shame on them for having a fight club, if it was a fight to settle a score then i hope whatever they were mad at each other about was worth it, because it sure did get blown out of proportion,..... of course having an organized fight in someones backyard was prolly blowing it out of proportion to begin with, they prolly both wanted to take the same girl to homecoming dance, jerks like these guys give mma a bad name

anyways..... the thing that irked me the very most was the stupid newscasters, someone needs to tell them to report the facts and not give us their stupid, personal diatribe and unintelligent opinions, i hate supposed journalists "commentating" on news. 'News Commentary' is an oxymoron. Its one or the other and when the people that are supposed to just report the facts start adding their own rhetoric you get what is now known as the mainstream media

You sound very angry. Do you really think it was the newscasters that were the worst? I'm really taken aback that you think a 16 yr. old boy "got what he deserved". So you're saying that mouthing back to an adult is grounds for a serious beating?

By the way, they aren't journalists, they are news readers.

County Mike
09-02-2011, 12:43 PM

I think you make some good points. The teen won his fight and should have just gone home. I still think the dad was an ass, but the kid did practically beg for it.

Crisco
09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
In all honestly if the father stopped after the first punch I probably would have been ok with this whole situation. You are not allowed to get in someones face like that and not expect a pop in the mouth. 16 is old enough to take an ass whoopin.

The hammerfisting is what put it over the edge for me.

County Mike
09-02-2011, 02:44 PM
In all honestly if the father stopped after the first punch I probably would have been ok with this whole situation. You are not allowed to get in someones face like that and not expect a pop in the mouth. 16 is old enough to take an ass whoopin.

Exactly

BamaGrits84
09-02-2011, 04:32 PM
16 is old enough to take an ass whoopin.

+1

I full intend on giving my own kids a butt kicking at 16 if needed.

Bonnie
09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't think he should have gotten beaten like that, but I don't think he was an "innocent" in what happened to him either. I'm not sure what went wrong between the man shaking his hand and patting him on the back to what looked like the kid calling the man out with whatever he was saying and by physically getting in the man's face, but it was a stupid thing to do. It doesn't make what the man did right or justified, I'm just saying it looks like the kid was "asking" for something, and unfortunately the man decided to let his anger overrule being the "adult". I'd like to think they'd learn a lesson, but I highly doubt it. :wink:

TENNESSEAN
09-02-2011, 07:59 PM
cant believe the direction this thread has taken. very disturbing, this man did not teach that kid any lessons on how a respectful adult should behave.

I dont care what the kid said, this was uncalled for. He should of never had the 2 boys come to his house to throw down in the first place. this dudes an idiot, and you people are giving him legs by saying "its ok as long as the kid ask for it"

unbelievable

EHLERZ5
09-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Can't you smell the "redneck"? A bunch of Kimbo wannabes...

This guy is a clown... I hope he gets SOMETHING legal out of it....

Crisco
09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
cant believe the direction this thread has taken. very disturbing, this man did not teach that kid any lessons on how a respectful adult should behave.

I dont care what the kid said, this was uncalled for. He should of never had the 2 boys come to his house to throw down in the first place. this dudes an idiot, and you people are giving him legs by saying "its ok as long as the kid ask for it"

unbelievable

Your siggy says it all less talk more action.

Teenagers in this country are out of control and you can't touch me a minor mentality is fueling it.

We're too freaking soft. In the old days two kids scrapping in a backyard was the way disputes where settled. You got up and shook hands. Nowk ids shoot each other over sneakers... Why? because our society tells them fighting is wrong wrong wrong no matter what. Frustrated at outlets this maniac kids turn to guns for the easy way out.

I've made my position pretty clear I supported this whole thing up until the hammer fists.

adamt
09-02-2011, 09:26 PM
You sound very angry. Do you really think it was the newscasters that were the worst? I'm really taken aback that you think a 16 yr. old boy "got what he deserved". So you're saying that mouthing back to an adult is grounds for a serious beating?

By the way, they aren't journalists, they are news readers.

:ashamed:

yeah sorry about that

i shouldn't post after a long days work and listening to the politics news,,,, it puts me in a bad way:unsure:

but yeah i do think the 16 year old kid learned not to mouth off to someone twice his size, and that is def a lesson everyone needs to learn

flo
09-02-2011, 10:22 PM
You just sounded frustrated, Adam, you're usually much more upbeat. I hear what you're saying, we all have our opinions, that's what makes the MHF an interesting place to post.

We do agree that many teens - and younger - are out of control. I think it's gotten that way partly because of the breakdown in the traditional family, no discipline, religion is frowned upon and our culture is in decline (largely thanks to my generation touting "anything goes!" "it's OK if it doesn't hurt anyone", etc., just generally selfish beyond belief).

Bonnie
09-02-2011, 10:51 PM

unbelievable

Not sure if my post is one you're referring to, but what I meant by "asking for something" is from the video, the way the kid is literally up on the guy, it looks like the kid was wanting to incite a fight with the man. But, I agree with you, it doesn't matter what the kid was saying or how he was posturing, the man should have handled things differently. If the kid continued to come at him or take a swing at him, then I feel he should've been able to defend himself but more in the manner of subduing the kid, not continually hitting him. And, I also agree the man never should have set the fight up to begin with. As for lessons, hopefully everyone who was there will learn from the consequences of this idiocy.

adamt
09-03-2011, 12:53 AM
You just sounded frustrated, Adam, you're usually much more upbeat. I hear what you're saying, we all have our opinions, that's what makes the MHF an interesting place to post.

We do agree that many teens - and younger - are out of control. I think it's gotten that way partly because of the breakdown in the traditional family, no discipline, religion is frowned upon and our culture is in decline (largely thanks to my generation touting "anything goes!" "it's OK if it doesn't hurt anyone", etc., just generally selfish beyond belief).

+1

Mark
09-03-2011, 03:11 AM

unbelievable

+1

Mark
09-03-2011, 03:17 AM
We're too freaking soft. In the old days two kids scrapping in a backyard was the way disputes where settled. You got up and shook hands. Nowk ids shoot each other over sneakers... Why? because our society tells them fighting is wrong wrong wrong no matter what. Frustrated at outlets this maniac kids turn to guns for the easy way out.

I've made my position pretty clear I supported this whole thing up until the hammer fists.

Society will not teach my kids I will. Parents teach kids, and idiot parents teach kids. Maybe we have bad parents idk myself.

If this was your kid you wouldnt mind a man pushing and punching your kid?

rockdawg21
09-03-2011, 04:39 AM

+2

One pop was all that was needed, agreed 100%. The rest of it was excessive, that's where the friends of that guy should have stepped in and did something.

adamt
09-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Society will not teach my kids I will. Parents teach kids, and idiot parents teach kids. Maybe we have bad parents idk myself.

with all due respect mark, would your 16 year old son be at another mans house "street fighting" his son?

would your 16 year old son step up on a grown man twice his size whose son you just beat up and whose yard you're standing in?

the answer to both of those are no, your son wouldn't even be in that situation to begin with and if he were he wouldn't be that stupid, so your son wouldn't be getting "pushed and punched" by that man

Im not saying the man was right, i'm just saying the kid that got served ain't right either, he ain't no innocent bystander, thats the whole point i was trying to make.... the father didn't go out on the street and pick on some innocent little girl, and some people are treating him like he did...... was it cool what he did, no definitely not

Crisco
09-06-2011, 01:48 PM

I'm hoping my son would not be so disrespectful as to do that but if he was and he took an ass beating it would be well deserved.

No one wants anyone else to discipline their kids but sometimes it needs to be done.

Like i said one shot to mouth and walk away no need to GnP the kid.

Llamafighter
09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm hoping my son would not be so disrespectful as to do that but if he was and he took an ass beating it would be well deserved.

No one wants anyone else to discipline their kids but sometimes it needs to be done.

I disagree, Cris. He could have taught the kid a valuable lesson in "be the bigger man". The kid was amped up because he just won the fight and the adult should have
1 not let the fight happen in the first place.
2 once it was done said "it's over now get out of my yard"
3 Go check on your son and make sure he's okay.

Street fighting is stupid, and extremely dangerous. the guy is he didn't seriously injure that kid.

If your ego takes such a big hit from a kid half your size mouthing off to you then you need serious help.

This "one shot would have been fine" is ridiculous. He's 16 yrs old and even One shot is assault.

County Mike
09-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I've been trying to find out more about this.

Apparently, the kid in the video was harassing the guy's son in school for quite some time. The father set up the fight to resolve the harassment issues. Once the kid showed up, the son backed down from the fight. The kid then got mouthy with the dad and we see what happened next.

I don't know if it will make a difference to any of you, but do you think he was more justified knowing that this kid has been bullying his kid at school? I think the hand-shake and hug at the end was because the dad knew he messed up and was trying to avoid big trouble.

rearnakedchoke
09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
here's my take on this .. the kid shouldn't have gone over their, if he was was bullying the other kid, that sucks, but he doesn't deserve a beatdown by a man ... the man is dumb on many points, he shouldn't have tried to hold a fair fight at his house a) because its dumb and dangerous and b) if he knew his son didn't want to fight and still held it ... the man should get charged with assault and any other charge that goes with setting up a fight on your property ... hopefully he goes to jail for a while to realize how dumb he really is ... but by the looks of it, it probably won't help ...

Crisco
09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
For a group of folks who stand by the founding fathers in their world view if this was 200 years ago they would have done pistols at ten paces.

It's a fist fight. knuckle up and have a fair fight to settle your differences.

Where I grew up I had to fight five guys at a time calling me a gringo. I would have killed for a fair fight. This kid got it and decided against in.
Then this fake little hard ass decides he's bigger and better then he is and steps up to a grown man.

Little guy got taught some respect for his elders and that is the bottom line. Again though coulda did without the hammerfists.

rearnakedchoke
09-06-2011, 05:15 PM
For a group of folks who stand by the founding fathers in their world view if this was 200 years ago they would have done pistols at ten paces.

It's a fist fight. knuckle up and have a fair fight to settle your differences.

Where I grew up I had to fight five guys at a time calling me a gringo. I would have killed for a fair fight. This kid got it and decided against in.
Then this fake little hard ass decides he's bigger and better then he is and steps up to a grown man.

Little guy got taught some respect for his elders and that is the bottom line. Again though coulda did without the hammerfists.

bro, times are different my man ... we grew up fighting all the time, now you gotta worry about getting sued, getting charged, and now you hit someone and they get seriously hurt or die, you are screwed for life ... it just ain't worth it .. yeah, it sounds gay, but what you gonna do man ...

Crisco
09-06-2011, 05:45 PM
bro, times are different my man ... we grew up fighting all the time, now you gotta worry about getting sued, getting charged, and now you hit someone and they get seriously hurt or die, you are screwed for life ... it just ain't worth it .. yeah, it sounds gay, but what you gonna do man ...

We bring it back man... Step by step and call a spade a spade. This kid mouthed off in a threatening manner to an elder and got clapped in the jaw.

How many old school parents do you know that feel the exact same way?

Kids these days have no respect for anything God, country, or mommy and daddy because they have nothing to fear anymore because of panty waste liberals sending them off to some sigmund frued douche bag with a degree who would getting eaten alive if we didn't live in a society that catered to him.

Lack of respect is the root problem we face in this country.

I said it before and I'll say it again we are too damn soft..

rearnakedchoke
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
We bring it back man... Step by step and call a spade a spade. This kid mouthed off in a threatening manner to an elder and got clapped in the jaw.

Kids these days have no respect for anything God, country, or mommy and daddy because they have nothing to fear anymore because of panty waste liberals sending them off to some sigmund frued douche bag with a degree who would getting eaten alive if we didn't live in a society that catered to him.

i hear ya man, but it ain't gonna happen ...

Crisco
09-06-2011, 05:55 PM
i hear ya man, but it ain't gonna happen ...

I have a dream!! Oh Yes I have a dream...

That Children and adults of ALL RACES CREED AND COLORS can have fair fist fights in backyards to settle disputes.

Oh yes.. I have a dream!

County Mike
09-06-2011, 06:36 PM

That Children and adults of ALL RACES CREED AND COLORS can have fair fist fights in backyards to settle disputes.

Oh yes.. I have a dream!

Preach it brother!

rearnakedchoke
09-06-2011, 06:48 PM

Oh yes.. I have a dream!

yo bro, you better patent that before someone steals it and uses it to talk about their dreams of racial harmony and crap like that ..

Crisco
09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
yo bro, you better patent that before someone steals it and uses it to talk about their dreams of racial harmony and crap like that ..

Crap your right... I'll write up the paper work now... I'll call it the I have a dream speech.. No one has used that before right?

rearnakedchoke
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Crap your right... I'll write up the paper work now... I'll call it the I have a dream speech.. No one has used that before right?

nah, ur good bro ...

Bonnie
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM

I don't think a lot of us would argue the truth you speak here, Crisco, but unfortunately, a lot of things are different today like RNC says, and now this man may have a record for assault. He and his family are the ones who are going to have to live with the greater consequences not this punk, bullying kid.

Llamafighter
09-06-2011, 07:48 PM

...so a kid half your size ,for which someone else is legally responsible, gets in your face so you quickly throw the first punch in the kids jaw...that part is okay? How young or small do they have to be before it's not okay?

The guy had every right to physically remove the kid from his property but throwing a close fisted right cross to someone that much smaller than you is unacceptable. what followed is definitely unacceptable (which you agree, so it's not an issue).
I think the kid challenged him to knock him out "Oh I'd like to see that"
and when that first punch didn't do the job that macho man tried to hit him until he did knock him out.

Nothing in this video supports your agrument anyways because the kid didn't throw a punch until the adult hit him.

Crisco
09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
...so a kid half your size ,for which someone else is legally responsible, gets in your face so you quickly throw the first punch in the kids jaw...that part is okay? How young or small do they have to be before it's not okay?

The guy had every right to physically remove the kid from his property but throwing a close fisted right cross to someone that much smaller than you is unacceptable. what followed is definitely unacceptable (which you agree, so it's not an issue).
and when that first punch didn't do the job that macho man tried to hit him until he did knock him out.

Nothing in this video supports your agrument anyways because the kid didn't throw a punch until the adult hit him.

A smart ass 16 year old kid got in a grown mans face in a threatening manner. That is what happened.

He then got cracked in the jaw. That is what happened.

Has everything to do with my arguement Mark.. I grew up with people just like this kid. They push and push until you stop them. This young man learned a very important lesson that day.

Crisco
09-06-2011, 07:58 PM
As my eldery black friend says on occasion "Youngin' needed some act right."

Crisco
09-06-2011, 07:59 PM
And to answer your question I believe freshman in highschool is the approriate cut off to getting punched in your mouth for being a disrespectful little bastard.

Chris F
09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
When I was in school if we hag a beef we could go to the coach set up gyn time lace them up and go 3 rounds in the ring. Most everyone took boxing so everyone could hold their own. Then my JR year they took that away because a parent whined when their kid lost. The libs took it away. The next year school fights quadrupled and they started to bring knives and such. The next year after that all school fights equaled automatic arrest and a record. Long story short we we settled it like men and not thugs the school was safer and less people got hurt. The liberal way people got hurt stabbed and arrested.

Times have indeed changed and not for the better. Now they are taught the government is your family and real men are john Waynes but elton johns

And people wander why I home school

flo
09-06-2011, 08:56 PM

I totally agree with you.

Llamafighter
09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
A smart ass 16 year old kid got in a grown mans face in a threatening manner. That is what happened.

Has everything to do with my arguement Mark.. I grew up with people just like this kid. They push and push until you stop them. This young man learned a very important lesson that day.

I think it's up to the grown man to be the bigger person. kid is a hothead and the man was a hothead. Both were wrong. in those instances it's the adults responsibility to be rational. especially if he was so concerned with it being a fair fight in the first place.
kid comes at him with a weapon or starts hitting him first then by all means smack him one.
This was all machismo and hotheadedness

Llamafighter
09-06-2011, 09:23 PM

since when is having your hands at your side "a threatening manner" where I come from you don't punch a man, let alone a kid, when he has his hands at his sides.
what was the lesson he learned "punch first or get punched"? that should serve him well for the rest of his life. that's probably what happened to the dad to teach him that lesson.

Crisco
09-06-2011, 09:29 PM
since when is having your hands at your side "a threatening manner" where I come from you don't punch a man, let alone a kid, when he has his hands at his sides.
what was the lesson he learned "punch first or get punched"? that should serve him well for the rest of his life. that's probably what happened to the dad to teach him that lesson.

I take it you have never done the "chest bump" before in your personal life. More power to you brother for never being in the scuffle.

Were I'm from when someone puts their face in yours like that it's only a matter of time no matter were your hands are.

flo
09-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, let's narrow it down to Occam's razor. Is it acceptable for an adult to beat a child? I say no.

Crisco
09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Well, let's narrow it down to Occam's razor. Is it acceptable for an adult to beat a child? I say no.

I say yes depending on circumstance.

Llamafighter
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I take it you have never done the "chest bump" before in your personal life. More power to you brother for never being in the scuffle.

Were I'm from when someone puts their face in yours like that it's only a matter of time no matter were your hands are.

yeah , but i guess it's how easily you feel threatened.

I'd have considered wrestling the kid to the ground and holding him there until he chills out.

I guess I don't need to prove anything.

BamaGrits84
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
I have to really agree with the idea that this all boils back down to the lack of respect we see too often in our society.

A few days ago I was driving a mom's less than sporty car so she could drive mine. Her AC was out and she was going to pick my kids up while I went to a doctor's appointment. I didn't want her riding around in the heat so I sent her in my van and I took her car. I pull up at a light beside a car full of teenage boys. I get this yelled at me "Look at the white b*tch in the Bull Sh*t." In compeltely honesty my first reaction was do I have time to go slap that kid in his face before this light changes again. Why? Not because I'm some bully looking to hit teenagers but because the level of disrespect was so out of control I felt at some point this kid did not get popped in the mouth when he needed it by his parents so I would be doing the world a favor by doing so. Disrepect by kids just pisses me off. It does it when my own kids are and I quickly put them in place. Why allow someone else's child to treat me any different than I would allow my own kids to treat someone? If one of my kids ever did something like that and someone put them in their place I would be thankful.

That being said the gnp really took this past a level of trying to show some punk he wouldn't be disrespectful. That was more like I'm pissed that my son wouldn't kick your butt like I wanted him to so now I'm going to do it and you popping off just gave me a bigger reason to.

flo
09-06-2011, 11:35 PM
What those kids said to you is creepy and extreme. Yes, they needed discipline in their lives, obviously their parents didn't supply that and it's too late to start now.

I'm all for spanking kids on the bottom. I don't consider that "hitting" or violence. What would the reaction have been if you slapped them? It would probably have been escalating violence to you. Parents have to teach their kids respect and limits, then they wouldn't dream of being so disrespectful to adults.

Mark
09-06-2011, 11:41 PM

I sure didnt see any disipline. All I seen was caveman tactics. What if he would of broke his jaw with the one shot to the mouth?

Crisco
09-06-2011, 11:44 PM
I sure didnt see any disipline. All I seen was caveman tactics. What if he would of broke his jaw with the one shot to the mouth?

It would have sucked for the kid and the adult for sure...

But it doesn't change the fact that he taught him a lesson.

Llamafighter
09-07-2011, 12:09 AM
It would have sucked for the kid and the adult for sure...

But it doesn't change the fact that he taught him a lesson.

He taught him that he can go on through life picking on people as long as he's either bigger, or throws the first punch...

not a lesson I care to teach a kid...

Neezar
09-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Geez, Crisco, you must not have children. Do you intend on disciplining them by beating them?

The dad needs to be taught the lesson. You don't teach children by beating them.

Didn't you learn anything from Jens Pulver?

County Mike
09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
A. The father was wrong for hitting the kid.
B. The kid deserved a beating.

Both statements can be true at the same time.

Llamafighter
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
A. The father was wrong for hitting the kid.
B. The kid deserved a beating.

Both statements can be true at the same time.

This is one of those debates on here where neither side is going to budge I don't think.

I think the man could have verbally adressed the kid in a manner that didn't escalate the situation example: not using the phrase "before I knock you out".
if that failed he was more than capable of restraining the kid and throwing him off his property.

Do I think the kid was in the right? no. he was a little punk who probably bullies everyone.
still doesn't okay a grown man pummeling him.
The first punch lead to the rest of it so I believe the first punch was wrong too.
come on guys... you're all adults. would you really feel like you adressed the situation by knocking out a kid? that cross he threw had every intention of knocking the kid out. not "smacking him in his smart mouth".

if the kid was bigger than the adult physically it may very well become a self defense issue, but this wasn't the case.

Crisco
09-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Geez, Crisco, you must not have children. Do you intend on disciplining them by beating them?

The dad needs to be taught the lesson. You don't teach children by beating them.

Didn't you learn anything from Jens Pulver?

If your 16 year old son was in your face like that what would you do?

Your going to sit him down and tell him how wrong he was and how it hurt your feelings?

Crisco
09-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Mark what would you have done in the guys place I'm just curious?

Some 16 year old kid is on your farm and decides he wants to play the tough guy and gets in your face like that...

I'm only asking because I can't think of anything else you do rather then give him a clap to the head... What would you have done?

suntereo
09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
i've been asked a few times if I would ever consider an amatuer fight - I can now say yes, but they will have to pay for my flight to florida.:wink:

bj44
09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
If the 16 year old kid was some 200 pound bully on the football team maybe it would be justified... This kid looked like he barely hit puberty and looked 130 pounds soaking wet...

BamaGrits84
09-07-2011, 09:09 PM
This is one of those debates on here where neither side is going to budge I don't think.

I think the man could have verbally adressed the kid in a manner that didn't escalate the situation example: not using the phrase "before I knock you out".
if that failed he was more than capable of restraining the kid and throwing him off his property.

Do I think the kid was in the right? no. he was a little punk who probably bullies everyone.
still doesn't okay a grown man pummeling him.
The first punch lead to the rest of it so I believe the first punch was wrong too.
come on guys... you're all adults. would you really feel like you adressed the situation by knocking out a kid? that cross he threw had every intention of knocking the kid out. not "smacking him in his smart mouth".
if the kid was bigger than the adult physically it may very well become a self defense issue, but this wasn't the case.

This is what I would have been okay with. The setting, it being a PUNCH, and the repeated blows to the teen while he was on the ground are where this is all so wrong. I'm all about letting some punk know they have picked the wrong one to mess with, but this dad crossed the line into being a punk himself.

Neezar
09-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Mark what would you have done in the guys place I'm just curious?

Some 16 year old kid is on your farm and decides he wants to play the tough guy and gets in your face like that...

I'm only asking because I can't think of anything else you do rather then give him a clap to the head... What would you have done?

Cris, I'm curious to know if you would have beat a 16 year old, skinny punk like that for getting in your face?

Now, would you still do that if you knew it was Mark Hughes' son?

:laugh:

You don't hit another man's child (even 16 year old) for any reason unless there is NO other choice (such as self defense). You don't hit a child for words.

Neezar
09-07-2011, 09:25 PM
If your 16 year old son was in your face like that what would you do?

Your going to sit him down and tell him how wrong he was and how it hurt your feelings?

I have learned a hard lesson in life which is to never say never. With that being said I pray that I would not lose my temper and resort to hitting him with my fists. If I did then I would be in the wrong (imo). Hitting with fists is not a form of discipline but domestic violence. Period.

Neezar
09-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Just thinking about a grown man smacking my child makes my blood boil.

Crisco
09-07-2011, 10:59 PM

It boils my blood just thinking that my child would presume it ok to disrespect a grown man that way.

Do I want other people hitting my child? Totally not. But it wasn't like this kid didn't deserve a clap in the mouth. Tough question and there is no good answer.

Crisco
09-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Cris, I'm curious to know if you would have beat a 16 year old, skinny punk like that for getting in your face?

Now, would you still do that if you knew it was Mark Hughes' son?

:laugh:

You don't hit another man's child (even 16 year old) for any reason unless there is NO other choice (such as self defense). You don't hit a child for words.

If I knew the boys father I would do my best to avoid doing anything and let Mark handle it. Not out of fear but out of respect I'm not scared of anyone whether they can beat me or not. And I'm pretty darn Mark Hughes would never allow his son to grow up a brat.

Random 16 year old punk in my face acting wild.. Might have to crack him in the jaw and damn who his father is because he deserves an ass whooping too for raising a little •••• like this and he's welcome to my backyard too.

Not trying to grandstand and sound like a tough guy or anything I just think people are just plain disrespectful and a good beating is in order for unruly folks... I personly could never ever catch myself disrespecting another man in his own home regardless of the situation. I think I'm pretty mild... The bible once told us to have the whole village stone the disobedient child.

bj44
09-08-2011, 07:45 AM
It boils my blood just thinking that my child would presume it ok to disrespect a grown man that way.

Do I want other people hitting my child? Totally not. But it wasn't like this kid didn't deserve a clap in the mouth. Tough question and there is no good answer.

yeah but theres a limit.... What if it was a girl talking to a grown man like that.. shouldnt she respect him to???... a man that big has no right to hit a 16 year old child like that just like he has no right to hit a women. I cant believe people are actually defending this!

Crisco
09-08-2011, 01:31 PM
yeah but theres a limit.... What if it was a girl talking to a grown man like that.. shouldnt she respect him to???... a man that big has no right to hit a 16 year old child like that just like he has no right to hit a women. I cant believe people are actually defending this!

If it where a 16 year old girl I would not agree with hitting her.

I'll defend it all day long buddy.

Sometimes a kid needs a clap upside the head.

Neezar
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
If I knew the boys father I would do my best to avoid doing anything and let Mark handle it. Not out of fear but out of respect I'm not scared of anyone whether they can beat me or not. And I'm pretty darn Mark Hughes would never allow his son to grow up a brat.

Random 16 year old punk in my face acting wild.. Might have to crack him in the jaw and damn who his father is because he deserves an ass whooping too for raising a little like this and he's welcome to my backyard too.

Who are you to decide what another man's child deserves? How many kids have you raised?

Not trying to grandstand and sound like a tough guy or anything I just think people are just plain disrespectful and a good beating is in order for unruly folks... Do you feel this way for all unruly people or just children? Is it only people who talk disrespectful that you feel need a beating? Or are you just enforcer of mouthy children? I personly could never ever catch myself disrespecting another man in his own home regardless of the situation. I think I'm pretty mild... The bible once told us to have the whole village stone the disobedient child.

Seriously? The child should be stoned simply for disobedience? You need to read that again. AND the parents brought the child to the village and asked for help, did they not?

The bible also says if thy hand offends thee, cut it off. How many hands do you have? Do you still have eyes, Cris?

Cris, you can't be the one to judge what punishment someone may or may not need/deserve. If you want to use the bible to back up your stance then how are you picking and choosing which justice you are dishing out and which ones you are ignoring?

You don't have to answer, Cris. I know you are a good God loving person with a good heart. I have felt the same as you in the past. These are just things I think anyone should consider before deciding if you are actually doing God's will by assaulting a child.

BamaGrits84
09-08-2011, 04:05 PM

Ok I really don't agree with what this man did. He beat up this kid. If we knew for sure what was said and it was just opened hand pop to the mouth I may feel different. And while I do think 16 year olds are "kids" I lean towards thinking that at 16 if you want to act like a grown man by getting in the face of someone who actually is a grown man, well sort of are asking for it. If I had not seen so many darn disrespectful kids maybe I would feel different. But we have teenagers all around us who had a piss poor up bringing and now the normal adults in society have to not only deal with them as disrespectful teens but as inmates in training.

I know it is hard to say how I would deal with things until they occur but I would hope if this was my child my course of action would be two fold. 1.) Confront the adult. 2.) Tell my kid if he wasn't acting stupid none of this would have happened.

BamaGrits84
09-08-2011, 04:10 PM
The bible also says don't discipline your child in a way that discourages them. Not so sure PUCNHING is a good way to avoid this.

NateR
09-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Okay, I finally watched the video and a part of me loves seeing some smart-mouthed, cocky, little prick getting beat down by someone twice his size. :laugh:

Of course, I don't have kids; but if I did and they turned out to be smart-mouthed, cocky, little pricks like that 16-year-old, then a part of me would still laugh at the thought of them getting beat down by someone twice their size. :laugh::laugh:

Seriously, though, lots of poor decision making on the part of the "adults" in this scenario. Everything from the "organized fight" to the father allowing himself to lose his cool. This is one of those scenarios where there doesn't seem to be any clear right or wrong, because everything about it is so horribly wrong.

County Mike
09-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Exactly!

The father was wrong to beat up the kid, even though the kid deserved it.

It's one of those cases where both parties were wrong, but at least we get something entertaining to watch and talk about.

adamt
09-08-2011, 06:38 PM
well i think we pretty much got this one summarized and we need to lock the thread :laugh:

County Mike
09-08-2011, 06:45 PM
well i think we pretty much got this one summarized and we need to lock the thread :laugh:

Don't lock the thread. It's one of the only threads getting any action lately. Who cares if we've discussed it every which way and even started repeating ourselves. At least we're posting.

BamaGrits84
09-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Don't lock the thread. It's one of the only threads getting any action lately. Who cares if we've discussed it every which way and even started repeating ourselves. At least we're posting.

I had a joke about this, but I'll save it before it does get locked. :wink:

Neezar
09-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I only watched this one video and couldn't really hear what the kid was saying but I hope he was telling the dad what an idiot he was for trying to set this fight up to begin with. I think it was the dad who deserved to have a kid in his face setting him straight.

Neezar
09-08-2011, 07:04 PM

For real. :laugh:

Neezar
09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Okay, I finally watched the video and a part of me loves seeing some smart-mouthed, cocky, little prick getting beat down by someone twice his size. :laugh:

Of course, I don't have kids; but if I did and they turned out to be smart-mouthed, cocky, little pricks like that 16-year-old, then a part of me would still laugh at the thought of them getting beat down by someone twice their size. :laugh::laugh:

Seriously, though, lots of poor decision making on the part of the "adults" in this scenario. Everything from the "organized fight" to the father allowing himself to lose his cool. This is one of those scenarios where there doesn't seem to be any clear right or wrong, because everything about it is so horribly wrong.

The adult gets "Oh he made poor decisions" (bless his heart) while the child is labeled with the title of smart-mouthed, cocky, little prick.

BamaGrits84
09-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I only watched this one video and couldn't really hear what the kid was saying but I hope he was telling the dad what an idiot he was for trying to set this fight up to begin with. I think it was the dad who deserved to have a kid in his face setting him straight.

Please tell me you are joking? An adult deserves to be disrespected by a child? No. Don't get me wrong, I would not expect just because of someone's age their should sit back and let adults around them act foolishly. There are some situations where a teenager stepping in to prevent harm to themselves or others that I would certainly not consider disrespectful but brave. I've heard of many teenage boys (and one girl who could swing a frying pan good) taking it to their dad because they got tired of abuse or seeing their moms abused. But when a teenager themselves is in the wrong (a 16 year old knows a back yard brawl is wrong) what gives them the right to say anything to adults involved who are in the wrong too? None. That just adds another wrong factor to a jacked up situation. This dad is stupid and this kid is a punk. Neither displayed good judgement. I would however guess that this teen will think twice before popping off to an adult in the future.

NateR
09-08-2011, 07:52 PM
The adult gets "Oh he made poor decisions" (bless his heart) while the child is labeled with the title of smart-mouthed, cocky, little prick.

What can I say? I think 99.9% of all teenagers are idiots.

NateR
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Please tell me you are joking? An adult deserves to be disrespected by a child? No. Don't get me wrong, I would not expect just because of someone's age their should sit back and let adults around them act foolishly. There are some situations where a teenager stepping in to prevent harm to themselves or others that I would certainly not consider disrespectful but brave. I've heard of many teenage boys (and one girl who could swing a frying pan good) taking it to their dad because they got tired of abuse or seeing their moms abused. But when a teenager themselves is in the wrong (a 16 year old knows a back yard brawl is wrong) what gives them the right to say anything to adults involved who are in the wrong too? None. That just adds another wrong factor to a jacked up situation. This dad is stupid and this kid is a punk. Neither displayed good judgement. I would however guess that this teen will think twice before popping off to an adult in the future.

Totally agree. Lack of respect for elders is one of the major downfalls of our current society.

Neezar
09-08-2011, 08:30 PM

A 16 year old who was involved in a backyard brawl in which an adult facilitated. Who should be more responsible for this even starting in the first place? The adult who set it up or the child for participating? I'm all about people respecting their elders but (imo) this adult deserved none.

ps Hell yeah that adult deserved to be disrespected.

Neezar
09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Totally agree. Lack of respect for elders is one of the major downfalls of our current society.

Yeah, and the dads setting up back yard brawls and punching children are the pillar of society.

The teenagers today are what we created.

BamaGrits84
09-08-2011, 08:42 PM
A 16 year old who was involved in a backyard brawl in which an adult facilitated. Who should be more responsible for this even starting in the first place? The adult who set it up or the child for participating? I'm all about people respecting their elders but (imo) this adult deserved none.

ps Hell yeah that adult deserved to be disrespected.

About as much as that teen got what he deserved.

And I think both are equally ignorant in facilitating and attending this crap.