PDA

View Full Version : MATT HUGHES HL

Llamafighter
03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
I've never seen this HL before but I thought it was freaking awesome! I'm sure you've all seen it but I thought I'd post it for anyone who hasn't.
Greatest WW of all time no question!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_FqOd-kyQ0

Tyburn
03-14-2009, 11:04 PM
I've never seen this HL before but I thought it was freaking awesome! I'm sure you've all seen it but I thought I'd post it for anyone who hasn't.
Greatest WW of all time no question!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_FqOd-kyQ0
It was better with the first soundtrack...except the first soundtrack wasnt..fitting for Hughes Character if you get my drift.

The Highlight is...Nathan Rosario Standard IMHO....have you seen Nathans? :huh:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
03-15-2009, 03:32 AM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub:
:jumping0045: :jumping0045:

Llamafighter
03-15-2009, 07:41 AM
It was better with the first soundtrack...except the first soundtrack wasnt..fitting for Hughes Character if you get my drift.

The Highlight is...Nathan Rosario Standard IMHO....have you seen Nathans? :huh:
No I'd love to see it! like i said I just found this one

logrus
03-15-2009, 07:49 AM
No I'd love to see it! like i said I just found this one

The other version was with The Thunder Rolls by Garth Brooks

NateR
03-15-2009, 08:53 AM
The other version was with The Thunder Rolls by Garth Brooks

I remember that. It's a song about a guy cheating on his wife, not really appropriate for a Matt Hughes highlight reel.

VCURamFan
03-15-2009, 12:58 PM
I remember that. It's a song about a guy cheating on his wife, not really appropriate for a Matt Hughes highlight reel.Maybe for Randy? :Whistle:

3dlee
03-15-2009, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=VCURamFan]Maybe for Randy? :Whistle

:scared0015: wow.... ouch....

Quell
03-16-2009, 04:48 AM
lol i didn't like the Garth stuff so recorded over it with hank instead :wink:

Llamafighter
03-16-2009, 12:34 PM

That was you eh? Nice work!
I love the way the beginning is edited with Country Boy...
That is really well done!

Tyburn
03-16-2009, 12:51 PM
:ninja: was that really you :huh:

are you Hero1 :scared0011:

have you ever heard of a Fighter called Jens Pulver :mellow:... just saying, he' could use a good Highlight along the same sort of lines. :laugh:

Llamafighter
03-16-2009, 12:53 PM

have you ever heard of a Fighter called Jens Pulver :mellow:... just saying, he' could use a good Highlight along the same sort of lines. :laugh:

never heard of him does he still fight;)

:ninja:

Tyburn
03-16-2009, 02:15 PM
never heard of him does he still fight;)

:ninja:
:ninja: of course, he's a living legend you know...manybe a bit before your time :laugh:

Llamafighter
03-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Did he ever fight Keith Hackney?

Quell
03-19-2009, 04:07 AM

lol this was done by hero1 just redid the beginning with hank instead of garth. hero1 put all the work into it. he has quiet a few good vids check him out on youtube when you can. he has an awesome jet li HL

Crisco
03-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Nate,

Where is your highlight again? It was awesome and I use to have it on myspace but can't find it...

matthughesfan21
03-20-2009, 03:25 AM
Nate,

Where is your highlight again? It was awesome and I use to have it on myspace but can't find it...I'd like to see that one also, it was one of the best I've ever seen

Llamafighter
03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd like to see that one also, it was one of the best I've ever seen

I've never seen it! Lets have it , Nate!

NateR
03-20-2009, 05:41 PM
This is it, it's from December 2005, I actually made it as a Christmas present for Matt.

http://www.matt-hughes.com/videos/5minuteReel-prog01.mpg

I made a longer, 15-minute highlight reel last year that's more up to date (it was made just before the gym opening, so I'll have to upload that one at some point.

Llamafighter
03-20-2009, 05:57 PM
This is it, it's from December 2005, I actually made it as a Christmas present for Matt.

I made a longer, 15-minute highlight reel last year that's more up to date (it was made just before the gym opening, so I'll have to upload that one at some point.

NATE! Yours is 10X better than the other one! You have to upload the longer version at some point. I'm blown away by how powerful your HL is. Nice work!

That should be shown to anyone that ever doubts Matt. I'm so pumped for his fight!

Crisco
03-20-2009, 05:59 PM

Stop being lazy... :unsure-1:

Bonnie
03-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Nathan, that was the best I've seen so far. Of course, coming from you, I'd expect no less. That was a wonderful gift to give him; I bet he loved it!

I thought the music at the end was from "Last of the Mohicans" which I absolutely love, but it said in the credits that it was from "Gladiator" which is also one of my favorites.

Well, the only thing I see topping this is your 15-min. version. Can't wait to see it! :frantics:

NateR
03-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm watermarking the 15-minute reel now. This way when people steal it to repost on Youtube, Myspace, etc., it will always have "www.matt-hughes.com" at the bottom left corner. I didn't do that with the 5-minute reel and regretted it.

It's going to take some time to upload because of the sheer size of it. So hopefully by tomorrow.

However, it was created for a different purpose. The 5-minute reel was intended to get audiences pumped up just before Matt took the stage at appearances. This one was designed to play continuously in the background while Matt does autograph signings. So it has a different pacing, but it's primary focus is on Matt's early pre-UFC career. Which is footage that the average fan has simply never seen before.

In any case, I'll try to get it posted for everyone by the end of this weekend.

Crisco
03-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm watermarking the 15-minute reel now. This way when people steal it to repost on Youtube, Myspace, etc., it will always have "www.matt-hughes.com" at the bottom left corner. I didn't do that with the 5-minute reel and regretted it.

It's going to take some time to upload because of the sheer size of it. So hopefully by tomorrow.

However, it was created for a different purpose. The 5-minute reel was intended to get audiences pumped up just before Matt took the stage at appearances. This one was designed to play continuously in the background while Matt does autograph signings. So it has a different pacing, but it's primary focus is on Matt's early pre-UFC career. Which is footage that the average fan has simply never seen before.

In any case, I'll try to get it posted for everyone by the end of this weekend.

You da man :cool:

Bonnie
03-20-2009, 07:09 PM
You da man :cool:

Yes he IS!!! :happy0159:

Nate, just so we get an idea, how long, approx, do you think it will take "us" when we're downloading it? Or is that completely dependant on what we got in our computer?

This one took a good 1 to 1.5 mins. I was just wondering since you said it would take a while to "upload".

BTW, thank you so much for doing this for us. :spin:

MattHughesRocks
03-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Everytime it makes me http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/cry.gif

The other one NateR made is awesome to :w00t:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
03-21-2009, 03:59 AM
Nates HL reel of Matt is awesome, it was playing over and over at the gym opening.............I want a copy Nater!!!

PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!!!!

Thanks in advance for all you do!:wink:

VCURamFan
03-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Nate, you are so skilled that it's ridiculous, dude.

NateR
03-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm having trouble getting the 15-minute reel converted to MPG just because of it's size. So I went ahead and uploaded it as a Quicktime movie, but it's really big and is going to take some time to download completely. You'll probably need Quicktime to view it as well.

So, hopefully this works for everybody:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/videos/15-minutereel/15-minutereel.mov

Bonnie
03-22-2009, 03:05 PM
FANTASTIC!!! :headbanger:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause::applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Bonnie
03-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Nate, I don't know why, but when I clicked on the link it was "there" like immediately. From what you said I thought it might take a while. I was thrilled it didn't!

You are so talented, Nathan! It was terrific! :happy0159:

It was nice to be able to see Matt in some of his pre-UFC fights. And the music you chose throughout was great! I could swear (this time) I did hear some from the soundtrack of "Last of the Mohicans" (but I could be mistaken).

Thank you for sharing this with us (both of them). :)

NateR
03-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Nate, I don't know why, but when I clicked on the link it was "there" like immediately. From what you said I thought it might take a while. I was thrilled it didn't!

You are so talented, Nathan! It was terrific! :happy0159:

It was nice to be able to see Matt in some of his pre-UFC fights. And the music you chose throughout was great! I could swear (this time) I did hear some from the soundtrack of "Last of the Mohicans" (but I could be mistaken).

Thank you for sharing this with us (both of them). :)

Well, that's weird, it took me forever to download it, but I'm glad it worked for you.

And you're right about the music, that were a few pieces of music from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack. That was Mark's suggestion and it worked out perfectly. I think it's actually my favorite part of the whole highlight reel.

The first two songs are from the 300 soundtrack and the last song is Requiem for a Dream by Clint Mansell (most people would recognize it from the LOTR: The Two Towers trailer).

Anyways, thanks, I'm glad you liked it. :cool:

Jonlion
03-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Great video Nate! Enjoyed that!

Only got the five minute at the moment, struggaling with the big one!

It will come up later im sure!

NateR
03-23-2009, 05:46 AM
So does this mean that no one else is having any luck viewing the big highlight reel?

Bonnie
03-23-2009, 06:13 AM
I just checked again to make sure it wasn't a fluke (for me at least) that it came right up the first time, but no, it came right up again.

:)

Maybe it was a slow day, Nate, 'cause it's Sunday, ya think. :huh: :unsure-1:

Tyburn
03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
So does this mean that no one else is having any luck viewing the big highlight reel?
I couldnt see it yesterday...but I foolishly tried to download both at once with several other programmes running...

thats my own fault I think with my aged computer.

I'll have another crack at it after lunch :w00t:

Llamafighter
03-23-2009, 12:40 PM

Wasn't able to view it. Could be blockers on work computer so I'll try at home tonight.

Chuck
03-23-2009, 02:09 PM

I could hear the big video but couldn't see it.

Quell
03-24-2009, 06:09 AM
For those having trouble on the 15 min vid try this Link (http://www.matt-hughes.com/videos/15-minutereel/15-minutereel-desktop.m4v)
if that 15min HL doesnt get you pumped up you might want to check n see if you have a heart beat
awesome work Nate!!! thank you! cant wait for the next one :)

VCURamFan
03-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Well, that's weird, it took me forever to download it, but I'm glad it worked for you.

And you're right about the music, that were a few pieces of music from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack. That was Mark's suggestion and it worked out perfectly. I think it's actually my favorite part of the whole highlight reel.

The first two songs are from the 300 soundtrack and the last song is Requiem for a Dream by Clint Mansell (most people would recognize it from the LOTR: The Two Towers trailer).

Anyways, thanks, I'm glad you liked it. :cool:Nate, this is fantastic. To pair such a talented artist like yourself such a talented athlete with so much available footage is just unfair.

Btw, the VCU Ram Band plays Requiem, too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6cCT9PmLPQ

NateR
03-26-2009, 09:21 AM
For those having trouble on the 15 min vid try this Link (http://www.matt-hughes.com/videos/15-minutereel/15-minutereel-desktop.m4v)
if that 15min HL doesnt get you pumped up you might want to check n see if you have a heart beat
awesome work Nate!!! thank you! cant wait for the next one :)

I didn't even think to try linking to that file. Hopefully that will work for some people. Thanks.:cool:

I would also suggest downloading the latest version of Quicktime (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/) if you're having trouble viewing this.

Macs seem to have trouble when it comes to making low quality internet movies, they're more geared towards turning out professional results. So if any PC users out there are able to download and convert this movie to MPG format, it would be much appreciated. :)

NateR
03-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Nate, this is fantastic. To pair such a talented artist like yourself such a talented athlete with so much available footage is just unfair.

Btw, the VCU Ram Band plays Requiem, too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6cCT9PmLPQ

That's pretty cool. They sure are an enthusiastic bunch.:laugh:

VCURamFan
03-26-2009, 09:31 AM
That's pretty cool. They sure are an enthusiastic bunch.:laugh:Yes we are! I love being in the band so much, it's a perfect environment for me: Playing Awesome Music + Watching Live Sports + Yelling at Stupid Fans = Happy Ben!:laugh::laugh: