PDA

View Full Version : Machine Gun Preacher

Play The Man
08-22-2011, 05:06 AM
http://www.machinegunpreacher.org/movie/

Looks interesting. Gerard Butler in a based-on-real-life story of a motorcycle gang member/druggie turned Assemblies of God Christian who becomes a missionary in Africa to fight against the Lords Resistance Army and save terrorized children. I'm shocked to see a positive portrayal of a conservative Christian.

Neezar
08-22-2011, 01:56 PM
You had me at 'Gerard Butler' but yeah, it looks like it will be a good movie. :)

Chris F
08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
They took A LOT of creative license with the story. I am AOG and I guess they all think we are crazy like this guy. So not sure I would say positive portrayal till I see the whole thing.

Chris F
08-22-2011, 07:47 PM
OMT Sam's book Another Man's War is a real good read. I am sure it is the base for the script to this movie.

Rev
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM
LOL. Had an old man at church yesterday tell me that he found a movie coming out soon that looked like it was about my kind of preacher.
"Bro. David, if you was a missionary, you would be dis guy." He said the name was something about a preacher with a gun. LOL

I cant wait to see it.

Maglorius
08-24-2011, 05:06 PM
If the only parts of the movie that are true are his conversion and than him going over to Africa, than it is a great story. I hope i get to see it in the theatre.