PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Everyone?

JavierDLC
08-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Is It Just me or Is the Forum Kind Of Dead??
It use to be full of activity here but it seems like a lot of people stopped posting.....

Buc Nasty
08-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Guilty! :laugh:

Silverback
08-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Summer time Brother, things get a little hectic. I know I have been guilty of it myself. But it will pick up, everyone is waiting for Matt to tell his upcoming news, and his game plan for the fight.:frantics::tongue0011::tongue0011:

County Mike
08-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Agreed. Too many fun people have stopped posting or don't post nearly as much.

We need Sasquatch and Paolo to come back. They were entertaining.

Miss Foxy
08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree a lot of people MIA right now, but that happens and Silverback was right its summer.. Not everyone gets paid to be on the MH forum like me.....kidding... :laugh:

Miss Foxy
08-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Summer time Brother, things get a little hectic. I know I have been guilty of it myself. But it will pick up, everyone is waiting for Matt to tell his upcoming news, and his game plan for the fight.:frantics::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Game plan?!! I would stop breathing if Matt would slam that fool so hard then performed some vicious Estilo de Hughes GNP!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

Chris F
08-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Silverback is right on. People take vacations, go to the lake, sports anything but sit at a computer and discuss MMA. Religion, and politics with their forum friends. My excuse is I am working a lot more and the kids are home schooled and so they need the computer more than me. Just have Mark post his typical controversial one line remark. Let SW spout off I will tell he is wrong and than it will flow like rain, Chuck will attempt to reason with me and I will ignore him till it gets locked we hug and make up and live to fight another day. :laugh: :wink:

Miss Foxy
08-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Silverback is right on. People take vacations, go to the lake, sports anything but sit at a computer and discuss MMA. Religion, and politics with their forum friends. My excuse is I am working a lot more and the kids are home schooled and so they need the computer more than me. Just have Mark post his typical controversial one line remark. Let SW spout off I will tell he is wrong and than it will flow like rain, Chuck will attempt to reason with me and I will ignore him till it gets locked we hug and make up and live to fight another day. :laugh: :wink:

Sounds about right!! But you forgot Tyburns speeches!!

JavierDLC
08-11-2011, 07:56 PM
LoL I guess it is Summer but since I don't get vacations and I have to work M-F 8-5 im on the computer the whole time :laugh:

Miss Foxy If I would get paid for everytime I checked in at the Matt Hughes Forum I think I would have enough money to attend every single UFC event :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
08-11-2011, 08:03 PM
LoL I guess it is Summer but since I don't get vacations and I have to work M-F 8-5 im on the computer the whole time :laugh:

Miss Foxy If I would get paid for everytime I checked in at the Matt Hughes Forum I think I would have enough money to attend every single UFC event :happydancing:

I know!! Me too...I will be on holiday soon so I will be missing for a bit, but I will check-in..That's in a few weeks..Just a heads up Javi I know you miss me and my comments! haha..

Chris F
08-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Sounds about right!! But you forgot Tyburns speeches!!

:laugh: If I did than Dave would feel the need to defend it and we'd have a 2000 wrod diatribe on why his post are the life blood of the forum. JK Dave you know we love you lie a brother man. But yeah we must include Dave's remarks as well be he tries to steer clear of Marks post on fear of a tar and feathering.

Dethbob
08-11-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Dave you know we love you lie a brother man.

Freudian slip?

JavierDLC
08-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I know!! Me too...I will be on holiday soon so I will be missing for a bit, but I will check-in..That's in a few weeks..Just a heads up Javi I know you miss me and my comments! haha..

Yeah I do :ashamed: and your pretty Avatar Pictures :wub:

DonnaMaria
08-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Agreed. Too many fun people have stopped posting or don't post nearly as much.

We need Sasquatch and Paolo to come back. They were entertaining.

I wonder if he is still selling gelato! :laugh: And getting a "bigga smacka" from his wife!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

ah........those were the days! :cry:

flo
08-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Freudian slip?

:laugh: I thought the same thing. :laugh:

DonnaMaria
08-11-2011, 11:03 PM
ohhhhhhhh lookie! pregnancysymptoms just logged in!

I wonder what they will be like!!!!!:laugh:

Chris F
08-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Freudian slip?

:laugh: ooops

County Mike
08-12-2011, 12:33 PM
ohhhhhhhh lookie! pregnancysymptoms just logged in!

I wonder what they will be like!!!!!:laugh:

Probably just a lot of eating and bitching.

flo
08-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Probably just a lot of eating, bitching and buying a Corvette.

Oh, I thought those were the symptoms of male mid-life crisis...

:duck:

VCURamFan
08-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I'M HERE!!! Kinda. :ninja:

The last month has been ridiculously hectic (mission trip, moving, BJJ tourney, lotsa family stuff, etc.), plus we still don't have internet at my new house, so my web time is fairly limited. I'm doing my best to keep up to date on the news, though.

Tyburn
08-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Freudian slip?

I'm still here you know :mellow:

octagon junkie
08-15-2011, 04:24 AM
I am still here too. Once every six months or so anyway. Hope everyone is well. Life is great, just way too busy. Miss talking to a lot of you.

logrus
08-15-2011, 06:38 AM
Blame the Commie :Whistle:

Buzzard
08-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Blame the Commie :Whistle:

lolz

Dethbob
08-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm still here you know :mellow:

Oh, hey Dave, I didnít see you there!:Whistle::Whistle:

Tyburn
08-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh, hey Dave, I didnít see you there!:Whistle::Whistle:

I'm not usually considered small enough to miss :ninja:

:laugh::ashamed::laugh:

surveyorshawn
08-18-2011, 01:52 AM
I'M HERE!!! Kinda. :ninja:

The last month has been ridiculously hectic (mission trip, moving, BJJ tourney, lotsa family stuff, etc.), plus we still don't have internet at my new house, so my web time is fairly limited. I'm doing my best to keep up to date on the news, though.

How did you do at the tournament?

We just moved as well. Still living out of boxes. No internet yet either, so we've been using our portable MiFi, which uses a cell signal, so it's kinda iffy out here in the country. I haven't been doing much anyway, as the heat seems to exacerbate my MS, so I've been down a good bit lately. I'm waiting to get started on a new medicine called Copaxone, which is a daily shot for MS. They sent the self administering shot thing (looks a lot like an epi pen), but I haven't gotten the medicine itself yet. A nurse has to come teach Kim & I how to store it, administer it, and what to look for as far as side effects.

Anyway, before the new move, we had Benaiah for a few weeks, which was tons of fun. I don't think I've gotten so many kisses and "I love you Daddy"s in my life!

VCURamFan
08-18-2011, 04:17 AM
How did you do at the tournament?
Meh, good & bad. It was a submission only tournament & my first division was no-gi Ultra Heavyweight (215+). I had signed up for a total of 4 divisions: no-gi Ultra, no-gi Absolute, gi Ultra & gi Absolute. Well, I weighed in at 217 & the other guys in my division for about 230-240ish. I lost my first match, won my next two by armbar (threatened with a triangle & when he tried for a strong-side pass I caught the trailing arm) & then lost in the Finals for a silver medal. Then I moved onto gi Absolute, where I won my first match by forfeit (dude just never showed) & then lost my next by triangle (stupid tried turning the wrong way to get out of it & just made it tighter!).

Problem was, the guy that beat me in the gold'silver match in Ultra Heavy used an illegal neck crank that tore up my neck & back. By the time I finished the Absolute division, I was in enough pain just standing still to realize I shouldn't risk further injury, so I pulled out of the 2 gi divisions.

So I'm really proud of myself for the silver medal when I was giving up an easy 20-30lbs, but bummed & more than a little pissed about the way it ended.

Buzzard
08-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Meh, good & bad. It was a submission only tournament & my first division was no-gi Ultra Heavyweight (215+). I had signed up for a total of 4 divisions: no-gi Ultra, no-gi Absolute, gi Ultra & gi Absolute. Well, I weighed in at 217 & the other guys in my division for about 230-240ish. I lost my first match, won my next two by armbar (threatened with a triangle & when he tried for a strong-side pass I caught the trailing arm) & then lost in the Finals for a silver medal. Then I moved onto gi Absolute, where I won my first match by forfeit (dude just never showed) & then lost my next by triangle (stupid tried turning the wrong way to get out of it & just made it tighter!).

Problem was, the guy that beat me in the gold'silver match in Ultra Heavy used an illegal neck crank that tore up my neck & back. By the time I finished the Absolute division, I was in enough pain just standing still to realize I shouldn't risk further injury, so I pulled out of the 2 gi divisions.

So I'm really proud of myself for the silver medal when I was giving up an easy 20-30lbs, but bummed & more than a little pissed about the way it ended.

Congrats on the effort! At least you gave it your best. Way to go.

flo
08-18-2011, 07:04 AM
I didn't know you got a silver medal, that's awesome, Ben! Kudos.

County Mike
08-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Good job Ben. You should have answered the illegal neck crank with an illegal head stomp.

VCURamFan
08-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Congrats on the effort! At least you gave it your best. Way to go.
Thanks, Buzz!
I didn't know you got a silver medal, that's awesome, Ben! Kudos.
Appreciate it, Cathy! TBH, it's a bit of a let down: my first tournament I got 2 golds, a silver & a 4th, so I'm slacking!! :laugh:
Good job Ben. You should have answered the illegal neck crank with an illegal head stomp.

Believe me, I wanted to, but I figured that it may be a bit frowned upon. :Whistle: :laugh:

Crisco
08-18-2011, 03:29 PM
zing! anyone?