PDA

View Full Version : *Fedor news*

Miss Foxy
08-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Fedor’s Manager, Vadim Finkelchtein, released a statement today in regards to the Matter:

“We consulted with Fedor and it was decided that he should not leave the sport in this way. His friends and past opponents support Fedor in continuing his career and he agreed. We want to organize a fight for Fedor in Russia and have already begun working in this direction. If everything goes as planned, we will produce a card in Moscow or St. Petersburg sometime in the fall with Fedor as the main event. In addition to the fight in Russia, we’re also working with our Japanese contacts to organize a New Year’s Eve event in Japan that Fedor would participate in as well. If all is successful, in 2012 we’ll be back in the U.S. All these ideas are being developed right now and we want to work exactly according to this plan.”
Now cut from the ZUFFA fold, Emelianenko and his management are free to resume his pre-Strikeforce business handlings of mismatched opposition and get their fighter back in the win column.

While he may no longer be relevant in the world’s heavyweight rankings, Emelianenko still has a cult following of fans across the globe which will allow the M-1 guys to continue milking their cash-cow.

Neezar
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Fedor’s Manager, Vadim Finkelchtein, released a statement today in regards to the Matter:

“We consulted with Fedor and it was decided that he should not leave the sport in this way. His friends and past opponents support Fedor in continuing his career and he agreed. We want to organize a fight for Fedor in Russia and have already begun working in this direction. If everything goes as planned, we will produce a card in Moscow or St. Petersburg sometime in the fall with Fedor as the main event. In addition to the fight in Russia, we’re also working with our Japanese contacts to organize a New Year’s Eve event in Japan that Fedor would participate in as well. If all is successful, in 2012 we’ll be back in the U.S. All these ideas are being developed right now and we want to work exactly according to this plan.”
Now cut from the ZUFFA fold, Emelianenko and his management are free to resume his pre-Strikeforce business handlings of mismatched opposition and get their fighter back in the win column.

While he may no longer be relevant in the world’s heavyweight rankings, Emelianenko still has a cult following of fans across the globe which will allow the M-1 guys to continue milking their cash-cow.

*holding arm up* Me! That's me! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
*holding arm up* Me! That's me! :laugh:

:wink:

Vizion
08-08-2011, 07:39 PM
How many times can a man take a punch and still be on top of his game?

No fighter will have an eternally perfect record.

With Fedor, I don't know what to say, he's such a great guy, but I think he's lost his power.

flo
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Woohoo!! I'm part of his global cult following as well!!! (Makes us sound like a bunch of Moonies...or loonies, lol).

I'm so glad he's not tucking tail and retiring. Hopefully, he can have several good wins against worthy opponents and end with a big win in the US.

:happydancing:

JavierDLC
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Awesome!!! War Fedor!!

Dethbob
08-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Woohoo!! I'm part of his global cult following as well!!! (Makes us sound like a bunch of Moonies...or loonies, lol).

I'm so glad he's not tucking tail and retiring. Hopefully, he can have several good wins against worthy opponents and end with a big win in the US.

:happydancing:

Might I suggest a rematch with Tim Sylvia?

Neezar
08-09-2011, 01:23 PM

*shudder*

:laugh:

flo
08-09-2011, 06:28 PM

*shudder*

:laugh:

Don't pay any attention to that mean girl, Dethbob. :wink: :tongue0011:

Yes, Tim would be a good victim, Fedor wouldn't even have to train! :Whistle:

Dethbob
08-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Don't pay any attention to that mean girl, Dethbob. :wink: :tongue0011:

Yes, Tim would be a good victim, Fedor wouldn't even have to train! :Whistle:

Part of me always wants to root for Tim, hoping against hope that he pulls his head out and gets a second wind. For Fedor, though, I think he would make a better cautionary tale than opponent.

flo
08-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Part of me always wants to root for Tim, hoping against hope that he pulls his head out and gets a second wind. For Fedor, though, I think he would make a better cautionary tale than opponent.

I hear you. I've always been a fan of Big Tim but his last fight (which he should have won easily, IMO) was just awful. He looked out of shape and didn't seem to have a game plan. I've blamed some of his poor decisions of the last couple years on inept management but someone rightly pointed out that Tim has to take control of his own destiny eventually...

Miss Foxy
08-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Fedors 1st interview since loss..
http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/08/10/video-fedors-first-interview-since-loss-to-henderson-2914.html

F34R
08-10-2011, 06:52 PM
great interview... good to know that Dana didn't actually cut him lol. I don't know, but that in itself is a victory of sorts.

I can't see people legitimately saying he's not relevant any more. If that were the case, many many fighters should be considered "done".

Miss Foxy
08-10-2011, 08:07 PM
great interview... good to know that Dana didn't actually cut him lol. I don't know, but that in itself is a victory of sorts.

I can't see people legitimately saying he's not relevant any more. If that were the case, many many fighters should be considered "done".
Exactly.. I think there comes a time when they need to step back and change things.... Example Hardy, Bader, Lawler... Those ones are on losing streaks.. Just need to get hungry again..

Buzzard
08-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Fedors 1st interview since loss..
http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/08/10/video-fedors-first-interview-since-loss-to-henderson-2914.html

I couldn't understand a word he said.:wink: