PDA

View Full Version : Wooo! *Strikeforce Spoilers*

3dlee
07-31-2011, 05:59 AM
Hendo beats Fedor in first round!!!! YES!!!!

F34R
07-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Hendo beats Fedor in first round!!!! YES!!!!
I was like "wtf" when Fedor went limp. Didn't see it ending like that at all.

Blade
07-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Bullsh*t early stoppage, wayyy premature. :angry:

F34R
07-31-2011, 10:44 AM

You're crazy. He went completely limp and was just taking shots in the face. That was as good a stoppage as you'll see. Rolling over from doggy style limpness to being on your back getting punched in the face is not a defense lol. Look, I love Fedor as much as the next person, and was rooting for him in this one, but he got caught; no if's and's or but's about it.

J.B.
07-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Bad stoppage.

That's how I felt when it happened, that's how I felt after the replays, and that's how I feel at 4:59 MST here in Apache Juntion Arizona.

I love Herb...but we were let down.

F34R
07-31-2011, 01:16 PM
You guys must have been watching a different fight lol. Either that or you cant stand to see someone lose and it has clouded your judgement.

He's completely out face down, Herb comes to get in there, and Hendo hits him a couple more times and while Herb is getting in between Hendo and Fedor, one of those shots brings Fedor back to, and he just rolls over onto his back, and takes more shots to the face. Puhlease.. good stoppage without a doubt.

Country Breakfast
07-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Good stoppage. Fedor wasn't coming back from that. Herb could have let it go for a few more seconds, but the result would have been the same.

Irish Pride
07-31-2011, 02:52 PM
When Fedor was on his stomach after the uppercut underneath him and a second hit, it did look like he went limp. His arm went limp and his body. He then recovered and turned over. So I think he was out for a second. Not sure if he could have recovered after he turned over.

logrus
07-31-2011, 03:00 PM
He went limp but he did quickly roll over, which is intelligently defending yourself. I think the stoppage was early, but I dont think Fedor was going to survive.

Good ol Fedhore. . . :Whistle:

F34R
07-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Since when is rolling over onto your back, without blocking strikes, a good defense? lol This is too funny. Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ung7tjRc0Z4

@8:00 watch the slow replay. If you think that wasn't a good stoppage after that, then I guess there shouldn't be any stoppages at all.

Neezar
07-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Since when is rolling over onto your back, without blocking strikes, a good defense? lol This is too funny. Watch this video:

@8:00 watch the slow replay. If you think that wasn't a good stoppage after that, then I guess there shouldn't be any stoppages at all.

No, thank you. :angry: I don't want to watch it. :sad:

Liddellfan
07-31-2011, 06:26 PM

We must have bee nwatching a different fight? Fedor went limp on the ground after that right hand. You could clearly see his left arm go limp, along with the rest of his body when he went to the ground. He got hit a few more times and finally came back to (probably from getting hit) and rolled over as the fight was being stopped. Congrats to Hendo.

Maybe Dana was right after all. Fedor = Over Rated!

F34R
07-31-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't think you can say that Fedor is overrated from all the accomplishments he's had in his career. EVERYONE loses. Right?

flo
07-31-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm with Blade and JB. He did go limp for a few seconds then immediately started trying to roll over. I think Herb was a little premature, these guys both deserved a definitive win. Look how often the refs make the move to step in and then stop themselves? It's a fine line, I wouldn't want to be in that position to have to call it.

But this time I think Fedor could have continued. And I'm not a hater, I love both guys!

Buzzard
07-31-2011, 06:45 PM
I originally thought Herb stopped it because it looked like Dan hit Fedor in the back of the head hard, twice after the shot that made Fedor go belly down. I thought it was premature at first, but can see why it was. Going limp like that is usually the result of being out in most other fights I've seen.

Bonnie
07-31-2011, 07:04 PM

I so agree with you F34R and thanks for posting that; I was going to go back and watch my recording to see if Fedor was defending so you saved me the trouble. :) Here is what I posted in the Dan Henderson thread before I saw this thread:

Well, the way it looked from the camera angle we got, I also wondered if it had been an early stoppage which surprised me since it was Herb Dean and he's a veteran ref, and then the camera followed Dan afterward so I couldn't see Fedor to see what he looked like right after the stoppage. However, after the fight, they started showing it from all different angles and you could see Fedor did look out after that uppercut Dan threw even though he did roll over on his back after a couple of seconds. Plus, the commentators who were there said Fedor was clearly out of it.

Dan deserves kudos for keeping his wits about him and getting out from under Fedor and landing that uppercut from under Fedor's arm. I think Fedor rolling over was more from being dazed and confused and not because he was trying to defend. Herb could see what was going on and how Fedor looked, we couldn't, so I think it was a correct stoppage. Even if Herb hadn't stopped it when he did, he was bound to stop it soon because Dan was all over Fedor blasting him once Fedor rolled over and gave him an even better shot at his face.

I'm glad I went with my gut feeling and went with Dan on this one. :)

Bad stoppage.

That's how I felt when it happened, that's how I felt after the replays, and that's how I feel at 4:59 MST here in Apache Juntion Arizona.

I love Herb...but we were let down.

Wow, JB, you've surprised me on this one. I guess Herb could have let it go on longer, but I honestly think he was still going to have to stop it giving us the same result.

3dlee
07-31-2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.mmaforum.com/strikeforce/93141-fedor-vs-hendo-gif-spoilers.html

go look @ that gif and tell me Fedor wasnt out.

JavierDLC
07-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Of course Hendo landed flush! And definitely stunned Fedor but Fedor was still in the fight! He was turning around when the fight got stopped!

This is BS! that was an early stoppage no doubt!
If it wasn't then why did they let lesnar continue against Carwing? Why did they let Carwing continue against Dos Santos why did they leg Frankie continue against Maynard? The uppercut he ate was hard but the following illegal punches to the back of the head weren't nearly as powerful as Silvas Hammer Fists.

Neezar
07-31-2011, 09:58 PM
I think Herb may have made the right decision for the UFC nowadays. Remember the Horn vs Liddell fight with Big John reffing. Anyone else could have been justified in stopping that fight many times before it was over. But Fedor and Hendo.....well they old skool and I wished he had let it ride a few more seconds to see if Fedor would recover. He has never been big on blocking. He commonly eats shots to improve his position.

Penn said that no one gets hurt in fighting anymore. It seems to be true. lol

F34R
07-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Of course Hendo landed flush! And definitely stunned Fedor but Fedor was still in the fight! He was turning around when the fight got stopped!

If it wasn't then why did they let lesnar continue against Carwing? Why did they let Carwing continue against Dos Santos why did they leg Frankie continue against Maynard? The uppercut he ate was hard but the following illegal punches to the back of the head weren't nearly as powerful as Silvas Hammer Fists.

lol. funny stuff. When he rolled over, shown in the slow mo replay, he wasn't covering up or anything... he was exposed like crazy. Let it go...

Krupp
07-31-2011, 10:22 PM

If you watch the clip carefully you'll see that the reason Fedor was getting up was only because Dan was getting off of him. That and Dean was stepping over him keeping him from getting hit by Dan anymore. Those punches do look like they were to the back of the head, and I'm not crazy about that, but seriously? Fedor was flat out. He hit the ground and was out. Maybe Dean was a tad bit late stopping the fight because Fedor woke up just as Dean stepped in. That still counts as a TKO to me.

Liddellfan
07-31-2011, 11:01 PM

You are in denial, Fedor was nowhere near being in the fight, he was out cold.

Brock was NEVER out cold like Fedor was. Frankie was NOT out cold like Fedor was.

It's quite obvious that Hendo hits MUCH harder than the giant Silva, he couldn't KO him but Hendo got it done.

Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept (Fedor being KO'd by Hendo) and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence :

Right hand = out cold

Blade
07-31-2011, 11:51 PM
It was a flash knockdown, that's not the same as being knocked out cold. Just because a fighter face-plants doesn't mean he's out cold. Herb Dean sh*t himself and didn't even give Fedor a chance to show he was still alive in that fight. Fedor should have been allowed a crucial few seconds off his back to do something. Maybe he would have been pounded out, but the point is he should have been given the opportunity to show he was still alive in the fight. It was a bullsh*t premature stoppage and that is coming from someone who had money on Henderson winning.

atomdanger
08-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Horrible stoppage.

Kongo didn't get stopped and beat Barry.

que
08-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Perfect stoppage. Dan knocked fedor out cold, he face planted face first to the mat and was out until Dan woke him up with the third punch. Fedor was KO'd. Herb dean saved fedor from inevitable brain damage, because that is exactly what Dan was going to give him if herb had let it continue.

flo
08-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Are we having fun yet?

:happydancing:

Bonnie
08-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Are we having fun yet?

:happydancing:

:laugh:

atomdanger
08-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Any news on Robbie? He seemed off.

Neezar
08-01-2011, 06:16 AM
You are in denial, Fedor was nowhere near being in the fight, he was out cold.

Brock was NEVER out cold like Fedor was. Frankie was NOT out cold like Fedor was.

It's quite obvious that Hendo hits MUCH harder than the giant Silva, he couldn't KO him but Hendo got it done.

Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept (Fedor being KO'd by Hendo) and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence :

Right hand = out cold

Freud also said that all men unconsciously want to have sex with their mothers. Just sayin....lol

btw, do you think the power behind that punch is what knocked Fedor down OR was it just in the right spot?

F34R
08-01-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd say both... couple that with it was basically a blind shot. Fedor never even knew it was coming. KTFO!

J.B.
08-01-2011, 11:49 AM
After more thought and review I actually agree with the stoppage.

Ref's get a lot crap, but they are the closest ones to the action. Herb knows whats up, and he is a legit ref.

I do feel that Fedor could have and would have kept fighting, but that's not that the point. Based on what we saw leading up to the end, and what happened in the blink of an eye, I honestly do feel that the end was inevitable for Fedor. He's just not the same fighter with the same mystique he had like 6 or 7 years ago. He seems to be more aggressive than he needs to be now that he has been in a much bigger spotlight. It really does seem like he is being over-aggressive and it's costing him. However that argument could easily be challenged by the level of competition he has faced.

Either way, Fedor is a legend, and he deserves that type of treatment. He is without a doubt one of the most humble guys in the game. I guess a part of me feels that in a situation like that the ref should wait the extra few seconds to KNOW it's all over, but in reality peoples lives/livelyhood are at stake. Herb is more experienced than any of us couch-riders, and even though our opinions (and our dollars) matter, I have no problem in saying I change my initial view. Maybe it was early, maybe it wasn't, either way I see Hendo winning that fight.

F34R
08-01-2011, 01:24 PM

Ref's get a lot crap, but they are the closest ones to the action. Herb knows whats up, and he is a legit ref.

I do feel that Fedor could have and would have kept fighting, but that's not that the point. Based on what we saw leading up to the end, and what happened in the blink of an eye, I honestly do feel that the end was inevitable for Fedor. He's just not the same fighter with the same mystique he had like 6 or 7 years ago. He seems to be more aggressive than he needs to be now that he has been in a much bigger spotlight. It really does seem like he is being over-aggressive and it's costing him. However that argument could easily be challenged by the level of competition he has faced.

Either way, Fedor is a legend, and he deserves that type of treatment. He is without a doubt one of the most humble guys in the game. I guess a part of me feels that in a situation like that the ref should wait the extra few seconds to KNOW it's all over, but in reality peoples lives/livelyhood are at stake. Herb is more experienced than any of us couch-riders, and even though our opinions (and our dollars) matter, I have no problem in saying I change my initial view. Maybe it was early, maybe it wasn't, either way I see Hendo winning that fight.
applause... classy reply (unlike mine lol)

Neezar
08-01-2011, 03:46 PM

Great post. :)

And I just watched post fight conference with Fedor and feel much better about the loss. I was glad that he could console me. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
08-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't think you can say that Fedor is overrated from all the accomplishments he's had in his career. EVERYONE loses. Right?

Exactly..

JavierDLC
08-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Any news on Robbie? He seemed off.

He seemed Like he gave up Once again....

If people think Fedor should retire Maybe this Robbie guy should too..

Just saying...

Miss Foxy
08-01-2011, 08:16 PM
He seemed Like he gave up Once again....

If people think Fedor should retire Maybe this Robbie guy should too..

Just saying...

Uh oh.. Do you realize you just walked on a huge landmine? #boom!! ..I think both have a lot of heart and just need to readjust a few things to help them.

JavierDLC
08-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Uh oh.. Do you realize you just walked on a huge landmine? #boom!! ..I think both have a lot of heart and just need to readjust a few things to help them.

LOL :laugh: OOPSIE! I did a POOPSIE! :laugh:

bj44
08-02-2011, 09:45 AM
fedor shouldnt retire i think he could be a great lhw if he lost the extra 18 pounds...

F34R
08-02-2011, 01:35 PM
fedor shouldnt retire i think he could be a great lhw if he lost the extra 18 pounds...

He's a great hw, no need to drop down. three losses in an entire career isn't anything to worry about.

rearnakedchoke
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
as much as it pains me to say it, the stoppage was fine .. he popped back into consciousness after the fight was stopped .. but he went limp .. this is kinda like the rampage/chuck II fight and GSP/Matt II .. both guys recovered pretty quick, but in the split second the ref has to make the decision, he has to do what is right .. JB's post says it pretty clear ..

Miss Foxy
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM

I agree. I think lhw would be better for him. I wonder how he's doing anyone catch any interviews?