PDA

View Full Version : Any Free Masons here?

3dlee
07-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey guys. Fixing to join my local free mason lodge. Wondering if any of yall are members?

atomdanger
07-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Soon to be father in Law has been for 20 + years

cheachea
07-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Before you do read this.

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6388

atomdanger
07-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Before you do read this.

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6388

So, because you've got sketchy information, about one sketchy person who was a mason?

County Mike
07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I make lifting stones, but not for free.

I'm a paid mason. Free masons are suckers. :)

cheachea
07-29-2011, 04:51 PM
This is another. His name is Aleister Crowley. He was a Satanist. Research this guy and you will find some evil stuff.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjVgzl18JekOfSqS7rm5-RQ0tZ5CRr5lbMPufc0uWlafpEAbXm

Dethbob
07-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Hey guys. Fixing to join my local free mason lodge. Wondering if any of yall are members?

This might seem like a silly question, but what is it exactly that the free masons do? How would they complete the sentence ‘Our purpose is to...’?

Miss Foxy
07-29-2011, 05:34 PM
This might seem like a silly question, but what is it exactly that the free masons do? How would they complete the sentence ‘Our purpose is to...’?

Not at all I was wondering the same thing. All these mentions of degrees?

atomdanger
07-29-2011, 07:37 PM
This is another. His name is Aleister Crowley. He was a Satanist. Research this guy and you will find some evil stuff.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjVgzl18JekOfSqS7rm5-RQ0tZ5CRr5lbMPufc0uWlafpEAbXm

I know all about Crowley, he was a mason?

I know he was in the Ordo Templi Orientis.

atomdanger
07-29-2011, 07:38 PM

I am not sure.

But I can tell you that here (Seattle) a lot of VERY important people are members. From Mayor's of local cities, cops, to Boeing Executives, members of Microsoft, Nintendo, etc...

atomdanger
07-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Not at all I was wondering the same thing. All these mentions of degrees?

Mason's have 3 degrees. (Like RANK)
1. Apprentice (i think)
2. (Not sure)
3. Master Mason

That is it.
THEN, other groups exist, where you have to be a master mason to join.
They have more degrees that go to 33rd.
Like the Scottish Rite, or others.

Miss Foxy
07-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Mason's have 3 degrees. (Like RANK)
1. Apprentice (i think)
2. (Not sure)
3. Master Mason

That is it.
THEN, other groups exist, where you have to be a master mason to join.
They have more degrees that go to 33rd.
Like the Scottish Rite, or others.

With all due respect sounds culty.. I guess maybe, because I have no clue about what they do.. :blink:

atomdanger
07-29-2011, 07:48 PM
With all due respect sounds culty.. I guess maybe, because I have no clue about what they do.. :blink:

Yeah, I've always sort of thought that.
Every one I've met has been very nice, (though I am not a member and have never been to a meeting)

I do know they have ceremonies and wear silk robes and stuff

Dethbob
07-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Are we all going to get shot in the neck with a poisoned dart for talking about this?

Miss Foxy
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I've always sort of thought that.
Every one I've met has been very nice, (though I am not a member and have never been to a meeting)

I do know they have ceremonies and wear silk robes and stuff

Creepy...

atomdanger
07-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Are we all going to get shot in the neck with a poisoned dart for talking about this?

Yes

REMY
07-30-2011, 01:12 AM
3dlee...congrats...a tip, don't research too much about it before you do your degrees...you'll ruin it and kick yourself in the end.

I am a Freemason, our degrees are
1. Entered Apprentice
2. Fellowcraft
3. Master Mason

Someone asked our purpose...here ya go: To make good men into better men.
...That's it, nothing more nothing less. That's the big secret.

Miss Foxy...i have never worn a silk robe either lol, when we go to meetings it's in a jacket and tie.

Foxy or anyone else if you have any more questions PM me i'm more then happy to help.

Oh...don't don't listen to Chea...you can see in the thread he posted on here, if he reads 1 bad thing on a website, he believes it...refuses to be openminded.

Crowley was not a Mason, he was part of a clandestine lodge (fake)...he never stepped foot into a Chartered (official/real) Masonic lodge. There were TONS of these around..

EDIT: One thing to remember...Freemasonry has NOTHING to do with religion...you can sit next to people in the lodge from all different race, religion, and creeds...2 rules in the lodge..we don't talk religion or politics! lol

cheachea
07-30-2011, 03:32 AM
EDIT: One thing to remember...Freemasonry has NOTHING to do with religion...you can sit next to people in the lodge from all different race, religion, and creeds...2 rules in the lodge..we don't talk religion or politics! lol

Isn't The Great Architect of the Universe or Grand Architect of the Universe the God of Freemasonry ?

3dlee
07-30-2011, 03:40 AM
Thanks for your input guys. The 2 masons that I have to sign my petition are really upstanding good guys. My understanding is that the only religious aspect of the free masons is the fact that you have to believe in a higher power of some sort. One of the guys told me that they do not discuss religion or politics in our lodge because those 2 things have caused more wars than anything else.

Play The Man
07-31-2011, 12:34 AM
I am not a Free Mason, but I do belong to the Council on Foreign Relations and the Bilderberg group and I vacation at the Bohemian Grove.:wink: Does that count? :unsure-1:

:laugh: