PDA

View Full Version : Most could see this coming

Buzzard
07-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Amy Winehouse (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/23/entertainment/main20082454.shtml)

Dead at 27.

flo
07-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I hate to be cynical but, yes, I am not surprised. What a shame that she squandered her talent. My sympathies go out to her family. She is in the arms of God now.

Some people are self-destructive and haunted by their demons - real or perceived. Janis Joplin comes to mind.

Bonnie
07-23-2011, 07:51 PM
I saw this earlier on tv. I wish she could have beat those demons. A lot of really talented people who've come before her have gone the same way...sadly.

J.B.
07-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Another one joins the 27 club.

matthughesfan21
07-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Well how could such a healthy woman slip away so young?:rolleyes:

I'm am surprised.....Surprised it didn't happen earlier....She was an absolute mess

matthughesfan21
07-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Another one joins the 27 club.
She isn't in the same level as those other artists(hendrix, joplin, morrison, etc.)...Amy was very talented, but her addictions hindered her career, while the others continued putting out music despite their drug problems

The biggest difference between them is...If you think of Jimi Hendrix, you think of his music and his guitar playing...If you think of Janis Joplin, you think of her music....BUT if you think of Amy Winehouse, more than likely the first thing to come to mind is her drug problems.

Their legacies are their music, hers will be her addiction....It's unfortunate, but it's just how it is

BamaGrits84
07-24-2011, 12:51 AM
It is very sad that the woman clearly had a very serious drug problem and some music producer set her up with a gaint payday to fund her habit.

DonnaMaria
07-24-2011, 12:52 AM
I hate to be cynical but, yes, I am not surprised. What a shame that she squandered her talent. My sympathies go out to her family. She is in the arms of God now.
Some people are self-destructive and haunted by their demons - real or perceived. Janis Joplin comes to mind.

Very true......

she is most definitely a sad, sorry, cautionary tale. ...........:cry:

bradwright
07-24-2011, 04:37 PM
just another example of way to much money for the level of intelligence that was dealing with it.

NateR
07-24-2011, 05:05 PM
She is in the arms of God now.

Only if she accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior before her death. Otherwise, she is eternally separated from GOD.

just another example of way to much money for the level of intelligence that was dealing with it.

I don't think it was a lack of intelligence so much as a lack of emotional maturity. That's what does in a lot of people and intelligence is no guarantee of a happy, productive life.

flo
07-24-2011, 07:08 PM
She isn't in the same level as those other artists(hendrix, joplin, morrison, etc.)...Amy was very talented, but her addictions hindered her career, while the others continued putting out music despite their drug problems

The biggest difference between them is...If you think of Jimi Hendrix, you think of his music and his guitar playing...If you think of Janis Joplin, you think of her music....BUT if you think of Amy Winehouse, more than likely the first thing to come to mind is her drug problems.

Their legacies are their music, hers will be her addiction....It's unfortunate, but it's just how it is

I hadn't thought about that, it's a very good point, mhf21.

Only if she accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior before her death. Otherwise, she is eternally separated from GOD.

Well, Nate, someday we will both know.