PDA

View Full Version : Overeem out of Strikeforce HW GP

kevint13
07-19-2011, 02:06 AM
And just like that Alistair Overeem is out of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix.

The current Strikeforce heavyweight champion has been removed from the tournament and will be replaced by Daniel Cormier, who will now face Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva, currently rumored for Sept 10.

The news was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the situation on Monday. Tatame.com first reported the switch.

Overeem stated on Monday that he had been approached to fight on the Sept 10 card, but wasn’t prepared to accept the timing of the bout.

Instead, Overeem will be removed completely from the tournament and will be replaced by undefeated American Kickboxing Academy fighter Daniel Cormier.

Cormier last fought in June on the same card as Overeem where he dominated Jeff Monson for three rounds en route to a lopsided decision win.

The former Olympian will look to keep his record perfect when he takes a dramatic step up in competition to face Silva in September.

As for the future of Alistair Overeem, that remains to be seen. While he is out of the tournament for now, there’s been no word from Zuffa or Strikeforce officials if he will remain in the company or what the recourse for this situation will be.

MMAWeekly.com will have more information on this story as it develops.

http://mmaweekly.com/alistair-overeem-out-of-strikeforce-grand-prix-replaced-by-daniel-cormier

JavierDLC
07-19-2011, 06:58 PM
THATS SOME BS!!! :angry:

And so the collapse of STRIKEFARCE begins.

Miss Foxy
07-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Who cares. He's garbage anyway and his mouth annoys me.. All the crap that spews out about Dana/UFC.. :angry:

Country Breakfast
07-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Who cares. He's garbage anyway and his mouth annoys me.. All the crap that spews out about Dana/UFC.. :angry:

I certainly don't care. I believe he would have lost to Silva anyway.
He seems to be his own biggest fan. In my opinion, he's overrated and has the gas tank of a lawn mower.

logrus
07-20-2011, 05:43 AM
He seems to be his own biggest fan. In my opinion, he's overrated and has the gas tank of a lawn mower.

Hey, dont insult my lawn mower like that. :punch:

Miss Foxy
07-20-2011, 02:50 PM

:laugh: He makes Bjs cardio look good... :w00t:

VCURamFan
07-22-2011, 11:11 PM
:laugh: He makes Bjs cardio look good... :w00t:
:laugh:

atomdanger
07-23-2011, 08:08 AM
He is juicing, he has to be.

Due fought what? 5 or 6 times last year,
now suddenly a broken pinky toe and he can't be ready to fight in Sept?