PDA

View Full Version : Now's your shot, ladies: George Clooney Single

VCURamFan
06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.celebritypicnic.com/celebrities/george-clooney/mainimage.jpg

Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney has split from his longtime girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis, TG24 reported Wednesday.

The announcement came in a statement released in London, where Clooney is currently filming his new film “Gravity” with Sandra Bullock.

“We’re not together anymore. It’s very difficult and very personal, so we hope that our privacy is respected,” the statement said.

Clooney has been dating Canalis, 32, since 2009, and news reports that the couple had split have dogged the two-year relationship.

Just last week Hello! magazine reported that Clooney, 50, and Canalis enjoyed a romantic candlelit dinner together in Cernobbio, near his Lake Como home, apparently scotching the latest round of separation gossip.

Earlier in June, Canalis dismissed the split rumors in Italian weekly magazine Chi and seemed to suggest the couple might one day even tie the knot.

She told the magazine, “I could never be with someone who every time he opens his mouth says he doesn’t want a child with me or to marry me.”

Clooney, however, said publicly on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight” in January that he would not marry again, saying “once was enough,” following his marriage to Talia Balsam from 1989-1993.

Clooney, born May 6, 1961 in Lexington, Kentucky, is known for his humanitarian work as well as his acting, directing and screenwriting career. He won the 2006 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the thriller “Syriana.”

Primadawn
06-22-2011, 07:46 PM
"his longtime girlfriend..."

Only in Hollywood is 2 years a "long time". :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-22-2011, 07:55 PM
"his longtime girlfriend..."

Only in Hollywood is 2 years a "long time". :laugh:
I was thinking that too. :laugh:

BamaGrits84
06-22-2011, 08:57 PM
:sleep: he always comes back to me... :sleep: sorry i was dreaming again.

Twinsmama
06-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't think he is cute and I also would not find anyone attractive that says he would never marry me or have a child with me. Those are my two main goals in life. Be a good mother and be a good wife. I'd feel like I was settling if I was with George Clooney!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: