PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want for President?

atomdanger
06-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Who are you guys hoping to see run?

Chris F
06-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Judge Roy Moore

flo
06-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Atom, I was really hoping John Bolton would run; he said he was intending to do so but I think he has decided against it recently. He was my first choice, I think he is a great public servant, very knowledgeable on foreign and domestic policies and very intelligent.

My second choice is Rudy Giuliani but I don't know yet if he is running. I also like Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann and Mitt Romney. I would vote for ANYONE other than Obama, however.

Who would you like to see get the nomination?

TexasRN
06-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I want Rick Perry to run. I think he can win and I think he can make others decide to not run and get out of his way. I worry about a split with the conservatives into Republicans vs Tea Party camps which will get Obama re-elected.

http://www.governor.state.tx.us/about/

~Amy

NateR
06-17-2011, 02:59 PM
I think the media is so invested in Obama that they are going to do everything in their power to publicly discredit and slander whoever runs against him. It's going to get progressively uglier as we get closer to November 2012.

rearnakedchoke
06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
i don't think the opposition will be able to put out a competitor for obama that will get the votes ... plus, the only guy that would probably best suit the republicans isn't even running ... Bobby Jindal!!!!

flo
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM
I want Rick Perry to run. I think he can win and I think he can make others decide to not run and get out of his way. I worry about a split with the conservatives into Republicans vs Tea Party camps which will get Obama re-elected.

~Amy

I hope he jumps in as well. I'm not sure about that split, many factions of the tea party have said they are committed to voting for whoever the republican nominee is so that we don't have 4 more years of BO. Of course, Ron Paul - who doesn't have a chance in Hades of winning - will do his best to split the party vote.

I think the media is so invested in Obama that they are going to do everything in their power to publicly discredit and slander whoever runs against him. It's going to get progressively uglier as we get closer to November 2012.

Yes, it will. I'm sure the Black Panther party will be intimidating voters again along with all the other "irregularities" the dems love to employ but SO many Americans have had it withBO's incompetence in restarting this economy that unless there is a big improvement by next summer, even their dirty tricks can't get him reelected.

BamaGrits84
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Judge Roy Moore

+1. I wish he would have won his bid as governor, though Bentley is pretty good himself.

Tyburn
06-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Condi Rice :)

KENTUCKYREDBONE
06-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Moore would get my attention! Right now I'm wishing for a Cain/Bachman ticket!

Crisco
06-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Doesn't matter no shot to beat b-ho in 2012. Too damn popular.

I'm also a big fan of Bobby Jindal but no one really knows who he is.

Bonnie
06-18-2011, 07:28 PM

That's what happened last time. I was just so disgusted I finally had to stop watching.

Chris F
06-18-2011, 07:31 PM

I know who he is but the fact people do not makes it unlikely he will run. Plus he is a little to GOP and is a party man rather than having the gut to do what is right when needed. That might change and he might do well in 16. He is very young and the fact he is ethnic may help him in a lot of areas. Many American professionals are Indian-Americans. SO fundraising will have a great jump start. He should stick to Louisiana for now and keep doing a good job there.

flo
06-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Sig bet on that?

As for Bobby Jindal, everyone I know is familiar with him. After all, he gave the rebuttal to the SotU address in January.

rockdawg21
06-18-2011, 10:48 PM
OBAMA WOO!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/209736/obamas-not-talking-about-you

Crisco
06-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Sig bet on that?

As for Bobby Jindal, everyone I know is familiar with him. After all, he gave the rebuttal to the SotU address in January.

Your willing to bet against our glorious leader?

Very well I accept your challange.

Reluctantly of course...

flo
06-19-2011, 03:54 AM
Your willing to bet against our glorious leader?

Very well I accept your challange.

Reluctantly of course...

lol, thank you. :) Yes, I will bet against Good King Barack as Mark Steyn (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/print/269361) calls him. We'll see if either of us remembers 18 months from now. :laugh:

Chris F
06-19-2011, 08:18 AM
lol, thank you. :) Yes, I will bet against Good King Barack as Mark Steyn (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/print/269361) calls him. We'll see if either of us remembers 18 months from now. :laugh:

it has a lot to do with if the econ my turn or not. It unemployment stays at 9 % then he will go down to the crackers jacks the GOP got. But if it gets better than Obama can out politic any of those clowns they had debating a few night ago,

J.B.
06-19-2011, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2zJqKX7dw8

Play The Man
06-21-2011, 03:11 AM

~Amy
I'd like to see a Perry/Pawlenty ticket

County Mike
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Allen West should run. That guy makes a lot of sense and he's also a man of color, to erase all the "If you don't vote for Obama it's because you're racist" nonsense.

rearnakedchoke
06-21-2011, 02:46 PM

i agree with you that no one will be beating barack in 2012 .. you know what they say, Once you go Barack, you don't go back ..

rearnakedchoke
06-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Allen West should run. That guy makes a lot of sense and he's also a man of color, to erase all the "If you don't vote for Obama it's because you're racist" nonsense.

you have a point, but republicans just don't vote in a lot of people of colour or religious minorities .. sure there are a few ... i think a jewish candidate would do real well against barack .. you'd get a lot of jewish swing votes, but traditionally, republicans don't vote in many jews ...

KENTUCKYREDBONE
06-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Herman Cain also should be able to take the race card away from Obama as much as anybody. I do think West is a good guy but at the moment he ain't in the race. With Cain/Bachman we would get 2 decant conservatives that also have charisma! The fact that one happens to be black and the other a Woman won't hurt them none in the General election!