PDA

View Full Version : Hughes Net Internet

billwilliams70
06-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Does anyone have this service? How good is your connection?

Thanks.

Later.

flo
06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
What??? No "later"?? Hope everything is all right, Bill.

No, we have the dreaded Comcast but I looked up HughesNet and checked them out. It must be a new satellite network; their plans are not cheap.

billwilliams70
06-16-2011, 06:53 PM
What??? No "later"?? Hope everything is all right, Bill.
Oops. :ninja:

Later.

County Mike
06-16-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't have it but I've known people who did. Very slow - especially with uploads.

billwilliams70
06-16-2011, 08:59 PM
^Thanks.

Later.

logrus
06-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Like the commercial says, its a step up from Dial up, the only problem is they leave out the 'barely' part. The cost is terrible, installation is terrible, and the service is terrible. If your the unfortunate one who still needs dial up, trust me, just stick to it.

My advice, forget you ever heard of it.

billwilliams70
06-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Like the commercial says, its a step up from Dial up, the only problem is they leave out the 'barely' part. The cost is terrible, installation is terrible, and the service is terrible. If your the unfortunate one who still needs dial up, trust me, just stick to it.

My advice, forget you ever heard of it.
Thanks. My mom's family lives out in the country and internet access has to be satellite.....we'll look somewhere else. They currently have DirecTV for the television....but I know that DTV doesn't actually provide the internet as well.

Later.

adamt
06-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Thanks. My mom's family lives out in the country and internet access has to be satellite.....we'll look somewhere else. They currently have DirecTV for the television....but I know that DTV doesn't actually provide the internet as well.

Later.

check out mobile broadband by verizon or uscellular

it's a little usb modem

it's a little slow now, but in a couple of years when everything is 4g it'll be better

i had wildblue, it's not bad but it's going to be obsolete in a couple years, while the cell internet is just going to get better