PDA

View Full Version : Stephan Bonnar vs Mark Coleman on tap for UFC 100

atomdanger
03-12-2009, 05:38 PM
http://mmamania.com/2009/03/12/stephan-bonnar-vs-mark-coleman-on-tap-for-ufc-100/

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) runner up, Stephan Bonnar, will likely collide with former heavyweight champion, Mark Coleman, in a light heavyweight bout slated for UFC 100 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 11.

MMAmania.com has learned that bout agreements have been offered to both fighters but have not yet been signed.

I don't recall why, but I was under the impression Coleman was retiring...
Maybe because he is 44... and hasn't won a fight in 3 years,
or because he said he is completely broke and can't afford training camps.

VCURamFan
03-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Wow, I guess the UFC really wants to have an excuse to keep Stephan around...

atomdanger
03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Wow, I guess the UFC really wants to have an excuse to keep Stephan around...

I think he is holding on by a thread, I don't see them keeping him around much longer if he loses to Coleman.

Not the way they have been dropping people anyway

County Mike
03-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Does ANYONE care about this fight?

atomdanger
03-12-2009, 05:58 PM

Stephan Bonnar and Mark Coleman? lol

Other than that, doubtful, seems like an odd fight to bother having on the UFC 100 card

County Mike
03-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I hope it's on the under - under card: ie: Not televised unless they need a filler and something amazing happens in the fight.

lc87
03-12-2009, 06:02 PM
I think they feel the need to keep him around because of the stardom that tuf 1 brought to the ufc. He helped bring them to the table so they have to throw him some bones.

KevinD
03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I care about this fight. I don't know why but I still like Coleman. He is a rather sad character that I feel bad for in a lot of ways. If he needs to fight I am glad the UFC is giving him fights. Win, lose or draw, his fights are usually pretty entertaining.

Crisco
03-12-2009, 07:15 PM
I always like Bonnar he is a warrior

rearnakedchoke
03-12-2009, 07:19 PM
I always like Bonnar he is a warrior
he is a tough guy that's for sure ... has he ever been stopped in the ufc? he may well have been, but i can't remember ...

County Mike
03-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Bonnar does battle. I just have no interest in watching Coleman gas out after 2 minutes.

rockdawg21
03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I like Bonnar, he's an overall good guy - one of the best men in the sport, but, I hate to say it, he isn't even good enough to be a gatekeeper in the 205 division, there's just way too much talent there.

Dana and the Fratelli's only keep him around for 1 reason. I guess that does show that Dana has a heart.

Tyburn
03-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Quite angry its happening.

Coleman doesnt deserve it for one reason, and Bonnar for quite the opposite.

ohh...and and theres Liddell...who better dazzle or he's out.

:angry:

ufcfan2
03-15-2009, 01:54 AM
I think Bonner/Griffon are there to stay no matter what happens in their careers. I think I remember Dana telling Bonner after his loss that hes not going anywhere for the very reason of the TuF 1 fight.
I do agree this fight should'nt be on the main card just no reason for it. They could of gotten a better fight besides those two to put on the UFC 100 card.
Not to derail about Chuck,but to me if he loses this fight he shoul'dnt headline another PPV ever again unless he earns it. Maybe delegate himto undercard or UFN main event...I don't think he should be booted out of the UFC if he loses.

Tyburn
03-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Not to derail about Chuck,but to me if he loses this fight he shoul'dnt headline another PPV ever again unless he earns it. Maybe delegate himto undercard or UFN main event...I don't think he should be booted out of the UFC if he loses.
:) I'm happy with that :)

Spiritwalker
03-15-2009, 02:28 AM
I like Bonnar, he's an overall good guy - one of the best men in the sport, but, I hate to say it, he isn't even good enough to be a gatekeeper in the 205 division, there's just way too much talent there.

Dana and the Fratelli's only keep him around for 1 reason. I guess that does show that Dana has a heart.

Bonnar was roiding.. still lost.. and hasn't had a great win... EVER... IMO..

Good fighter.. but he is not preforming well.

Hughes_GOAT
03-15-2009, 03:08 AM
http://mmamania.com/2009/03/12/stephan-bonnar-vs-mark-coleman-on-tap-for-ufc-100/

I don't recall why, but I was under the impression Coleman was retiring...
Maybe because he is 44... and hasn't won a fight in 3 years,
or because he said he is completely broke and can't afford training camps.

Coleman will crush Bonnar. he couldn't stop getting taken down in his last fight and he won't stop Coleman.

Hughes_GOAT
03-15-2009, 03:12 AM
Coleman doesnt deserve it

since when has the UFC been based on who deserves what? Coleman is a UFC Hall of Famer, he deserves whatever he wants.