PDA

View Full Version : Final Interview with Mask

atomdanger
03-12-2009, 06:33 PM
http://mmamania.com/2009/03/12/final-interview-with-charles-mask-lewis-jr-on-the-rise-of-tapout/

Still so sad, I believe you can see his red Ferrari in the background in parts of the interview.

Moose
03-12-2009, 06:35 PM
http://mmamania.com/2009/03/12/final-interview-with-charles-mask-lewis-jr-on-the-rise-of-tapout/

Still so sad, I believe you can see his red Ferrari in the background in parts of the interview.

I hope my last interview won't be so full of cliches.

"I love being the underdog, I love being a team player!"

Spiritwalker
03-13-2009, 04:10 PM

Call it a cliche filled interview if you want..The whole crew there had a huge influence on MMA.. and rising fighters..

remembering "Mask" that way is kind of a smack in the face..

Moose
03-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Call it a cliche filled interview if you want..The whole crew there had a huge influence on MMA.. and rising fighters..

remembering "Mask" that way is kind of a smack in the face..

I probably won't remember him much at all, to be honest.

Jason 16
03-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Wow:unsure-1:

J.B.
03-14-2009, 02:34 AM

Honesty is a great quality to have, but it's not always proper to speak your mind. :wink:

Spiritwalker
03-14-2009, 02:40 AM

I gotta say..

That's pretty "F'ed" up way to say you didn't care for a HUGE man in the sport you love...

You may not remember "Mask"... But I bet you will remember these names....

Matt Hughes
Chuck Liddell
Rashad
Rich Franklin
Jeremy Horn
Diego Sanchez
Sean Sherk
Stephen Bonnar
Jardine
Nate Marquart
and ..
and..
and..
and...
and...

AND many many many more names.. of fighters you like/love/hate....

All had money put in their pockets by TapouT...

"From a gross of $30,000 in 1999, TapouT's earnings rose to $100 million in 2008. The company has a worldwide network of licensed retailers, including Dillard's and Champs.[2]

In 2007, TapouT launched a reality television series, also called TapouT, on Versus. Each episode follows Mask, Punkass and their third partner, "Skyskrape", as they scout fighters to add to their sponsorship roster."

Nah.. no real reason to remember Mask at all....

"whatever"

medic92
03-14-2009, 02:51 AM
I didn't care for his eccentricities, but there was never any denying his influence on and his love of MMA. Say what you will, but Tapout's sponsorship of up and coming fighters and ability to bring publicity to the sport helped put the UFC and MMA on the map. His death is a loss to the sport, not to mention his family and friends. Even if you didn't like him, you should respect his contributions to the sport we love.

MattHughesRocks
03-14-2009, 03:22 AM
AMEN!

I didn't care for his eccentricities, but there was never any denying his influence on and his love of MMA. Say what you will, but Tapout's sponsorship of up and coming fighters and ability to bring publicity to the sport helped put the UFC and MMA on the map. His death is a loss to the sport, not to mention his family and friends. Even if you didn't like him, you should respect his contributions to the sport we love.

Llamafighter
03-14-2009, 03:49 AM

Well said!

Moose
03-14-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm all for honoring the dead. My heart and thoughts go out to his family and those he left behind. But I'm also real folks, I didn't know him personally. I'll save my sadness for someone else, that's all. The world is full of things that make me want to gnash my teeth and weep, but this just isn't one of them. I'm happy that he helped grow a business. I'm impressed as a small business owner that he could make his dreams come true. The guy seemed cool, right on.

Still, it's tragic that he wasn't content to just drive his Ferrari, he felt compelled to street race in it.

P. S. If I offended anyone about saying I won't remember him, I can certainly say I didn't mean to.

Chuck
03-14-2009, 02:06 PM

Why would anybody interview you? :huh:

MattHughesRocks
03-14-2009, 05:28 PM
:laugh:

que
03-14-2009, 07:36 PM
now that was funny lol

Moose
03-15-2009, 05:10 AM

I mean after I lead the human resistance to victory over our robot oppressors, the media will be lined up around the block.

Chuck
03-15-2009, 06:03 AM

I mean after I lead the human resistance to victory over our robot oppressors, the media will be lined up around the block.

Fair enough Mr. Connor.. but I'll be watching for any cliches!!!:laugh:

Moose
03-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Fair enough Mr. Connor.. but I'll be watching for any cliches!!!:laugh:

I THOUGHT YOU WERE F****** PROFESSIONAL!

Chuck
03-15-2009, 07:06 AM
I THOUGHT YOU WERE F****** PROFESSIONAL!
:happy0198:

VCURamFan
03-15-2009, 07:11 AM
I THOUGHT YOU WERE F****** PROFESSIONAL!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70r-Ca8wcVg

VCURamFan
03-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Ooo, & the response!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogR1U5gw20&feature=related

Moose
03-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Ooo, & the response!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogR1U5gw20&feature=related

..but that doesn't mean I don't like Batman.

VCURamFan
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
..but that doesn't mean I don't like Batman.
:laugh:Not bad for only 2 takes!

Tyburn
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Honesty is a great quality to have, but it's not always proper to speak your mind. :wink:

Sorry...I know I shouldnt have laughed in such a sombre thread :unsure-1:

Tyburn
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Seems to me there is two opposite reactions in this thread

those who have never mentioned the guy before, but have swiftly cannonized him, and those who have never heard of him before and for some reason seem to hate him.

I wish people would take a more...neutral view.

along the lines of "he was probably a good person, contributed a lot of funds to the sport, even though his brand has come under criticism for being somewhat offensive at times"

but...no...he's either a Saint, or He's irrelevant. :mellow:

Neezar
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM

those who have never mentioned the guy before, but have swiftly cannonized him, and those who have never heard of him before and for some reason seem to hate him.
(Those? It was One.)

along the lines of "he was probably a good person, contributed a lot of funds to the sport, even though his brand has come under criticism for being somewhat offensive at times"

No one in this thread cannonized him, Dave. :laugh:

Come back to this world!

Or else, define cannonized to me and give me an example.

We commonly have a little respect for the dead, well, decent people usually do. So, having enought respect for him or his accomplishments to mention them does not make us worshipers or does not mean we are trying to cannonize anyone. That is way out there even for you. And those of us who don't respect him and choose to come in here and say so....well, that speaks volumes about that person now doesn't it? :wink:

AND the fact that you are somehow jealous or at the very least strung out over how he is being remembered is somehow disturbing. :unsure-1:

Neezar
03-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm all for honoring the dead. My heart and thoughts go out to his family and those he left behind. But I'm also real folks, I didn't know him personally. I'll save my sadness for someone else, that's all. The world is full of things that make me want to gnash my teeth and weep, but this just isn't one of them. I'm happy that he helped grow a business. I'm impressed as a small business owner that he could make his dreams come true. The guy seemed cool, right on.

Still, it's tragic that he wasn't content to just drive his Ferrari, he felt compelled to street race in it.

P. S. If I offended anyone about saying I won't remember him, I can certainly say I didn't mean to.

No, Moose, you are not all for honoring the dead or you wouldn't be in here. :wink:

Moose
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
No, Moose, you are not all for honoring the dead or you wouldn't be in here. :wink:

Quantum leap in logic!

You must be for slavery because you live in Alabama. :wink:

Neezar
03-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Quantum leap in logic!

You must be for slavery because you live in Alabama. :wink:

Well, let me rephase that to help narrow the leap.

No, Moose, you are not all for honoring the dead or you wouldn't be in here talking shyte about the dead.

Or how about....

I stand corrected. Very nice show of honoring the dead. Bravo.

Moose
03-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Well, let me rephase that to help narrow the leap.

Or how about....

I stand corrected. Very nice show of honoring the dead. Bravo.

The middle digit on my right hand in solemn salute thanks you :)

Neezar
03-17-2009, 05:14 AM

Fair enough. As long as you don't stay mad.

que
03-17-2009, 05:21 AM

i did not know anything about him while he was alive, except that he was the tapout founder. after watching numerous videos and reading numerous interviews posthumous i have gained much respect for the man. he was very inspirational. that said, i agree with you... he is no saint. obviously.

Moose
03-17-2009, 05:36 AM

Fair enough. As long as you don't stay mad.

Never. Anger is a good temporary motivator, nothing you should hold on to. :Whistle: